Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game - Round 1
Script Version: v1.1
For a while I have been thinking... This site has the Chain Game for GTA SA. So why not make the same for GTA:III? The GTA:III is no worse than San Andreas and there are people who want to play it. So why not to make some fun?
The Chain Game is for anyone who wants to play along. It starts from Zero To Hero: from the very beginning to the very end and, eventually, 100%.
Please read the Rules & Guidelines before you start to play.
The Rules & Guidelines are here so that the game can progress and everyone can have an enjoyable experience and contributing into bringing the game towards 100%. (Although the rules are created for someone to intentially break them, this is not a suitable case).
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game.
If you're new and want to plunge right in, simply follow the Quick Start Guide for now and read the complete set of rules later. You're excused for now, but eventually you'll have to... otherwise, you'll spoil the chaingaming experience, and firstly for yourself.
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
GTA:III Chaingame Record Book
Unique Vehicle List
Quick Start Guide:
1. Call a turn by posting in this topic.
2. Download the last save.
3. Play one mission (if there is more than one available, choose the one you desire)
4. Upload your save on Samutz Save'N'Play: http://gatsnp.com
5. Post the link to your game back here within 3 hours. Edit your original posting to do this.
Here's a copy & paste template for the posting format you should use.
To go directly to the latest posting in this topic, follow the link at the bottom of 'Contents', directly above this section.
1. Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but also for the other players. Although, unlike GTA SA, there is no effect in a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them.
2. Call a turn by posting in the topic.
3. Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game and take it to 100%.
4. Complete ONE Named Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link back in the topic (use the Edit button).
5. The definition of a "Named Mission" is "any mission that changes the save file name". Examples are "Luigi's Girls", "Rumpo Rampage" and "Patriot Playground".
6. Several named missions are exempt from the 'one named mission rule', for various reasons. Find all details on these in the Supplement To The Rules.
7. Use Samutz's uploader to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down you can use Rapidshare, FileFront or YouSendit.
8. Use the preferred posting format (see below).
9. Wait until 2 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.
10. If 6 hours pass without another gamer completing a turn, then the '2 mission rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean to wait 6 hours between personal mission/turn calls.
11. The time limit to complete your turn is 3 hours. We will use the post time in the topic. The timer starts when a mission is called but for the timer to start counting down, the caller must give a strong indication that he is taking the turn. After 3 hours have passed and the caller has not posted back, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a turn.
12. The caller may call a forfeit. The forfeiter should wait at least one turn before calling another mission/turn. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '2 mission rule' and will not reset the 6 hour timer.
13. In the event of two gamers calling a mission, the first one does the called mission.
14. Mission strategy is up to the caller - just don't use cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts.
15. Do not save after getting busted or wasted.
16. The caller may purchase weapons, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please let us know about any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
17. The caller may do any collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please report any extra stuff in the Notes section.
18. Nobody is forbidden to get to Staunton and Shoreside to do something there by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
A request to all players:
Please try to post the completion percentage from the stats after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the stats at the end of the round. The completion % can be found in STATS.
1. Try to keep the mission failures to minimum unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP/unique color). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know in the Notes section.
2. Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
3. Try to save with full health and armor.
4. Save close to available missions when possible.
5. Letís try to have the last save for 100% be "The Exchange", so try to get everything else done before that.
Supplement To The Rules
This supplement is designed to discuss some of the technicalities of the Chain Game's rules, and it was thought best to provide these in the original post.
(1) Abuse of the '2 Mission Rule':
Callers are encouraged to understand the basic ethics of the Chain Game. One should only call a mission, once the previous caller has completed his/her called mission and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound. Hence, to call a mission while a previous one is being completed, defeats the entire logic of the chain. Let's also consider the fact that when a mission/turn is called that the 3 hour timer has started.
(2) Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission Rule':
This 'mission' is in fact a named cutscene finishing Asuka's "S.A.M." mission.
2. 'Lame Missions':
- "Bomb da Base: Act I"
- "Love's Disappearance"
These are named missions although all of them are in fact only cut scenes without any action going on. These missions are exempt from the 'one named mission rule'.
- "Patriot Playground"
- "A Ride In The Park"
- "Multistory Mayhem"
These are exempt from the 'one named mission rule' and can be combined in any number with any other named mission.
4. TOYZ missions:
- "Mafia Massacre"
- "Diablo Destruction"
- "Casino Calamity"
- "Rumpo Rampage"
These are also exempt from the 'one named mission rule' and can therefore be as well combined in any number with any other named mission.
(3) Other things to keep in mind:
1. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Stunt Jumps
Feel free to get any of these but remeber: the 3-hour rule remains the same. Also, put any HP/rampages/USJ and rewards received for them into the 'Notes' section.
2. Vehicle Export
All callers are allowed to participate in exporting cars, and this does not have to be called separately. Callers can help by storing cars on the lists beforehand as and when they come across these.
Some missions must be completed before anohter mission otherwise 100% will become unaccessible. These are:
a) Luigi's missions "Pump-Action Pimp" and "The Fuzz Ball", Joey's "Dead Skunk In The Trunk" and "The Getaway" before Salvatore's mission "Last Requests";
b) Kenji's missions "Kanbu Bust-Out", "Grand Theft Auto", "Deal Steal", "Shima" and "Smackdown" before Donald's mission "Waka-Gashira Wipeout!"
c) Asuka's mission "Two-Faced Tanner" before Donald's mission "Grand Theft Aero"
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like 'that mission where you kill Salvatore'.
Called by: Use your name.
Link: The link to your uploaded save file, after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Completion percentage from stats section.
Notes: Anything pertinent to the mission/strategy or extra stuff done.
A simple "I'll take/call a turn" is enough to call a turn (most players do it this way), but please use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template you can copy and paste, it'll look just like the example above. Feel free to change the colours to your liking.
Percentage complete: 100%
Give Me Liberty
Luigi Goterelli missions
Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up
Drive Misty For Me
The Fuzz Ball
Joey Leone missions
Mike 'Lips' Last Lunch
Farewell 'Chunky' Lee Chong
Dead Skunk In The Trunk
Marty Chonks missions
Antonio Cipriani missions
Taking Out The Laundry
Salvatore's Called A Meeting
Triads And Tribulations
El Burro missions
I Scream, You Scream
Trial By Fire
Salvatore Leone missions
Cutting The Grass
Bomb da Base: Act I
Bomb da Base: Act II
Asuka Kasen missions
Payday for Ray
Kenji Kasen missions
Grand Theft Auto
Ray Machowski missions
Silence The Sneak
Donald Love missions
A Drop In The Ocean
Grand Theft Aero
King Courtney missions
Rigged To Blow
Hidden Packages: 100/100
Unique Jumps: 20/20
A Ride In The Park
Portland Harbor Crane:
Portland Docks Garage:
Pike Creek Import Garage:
Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Record Book.
Patriot Palyground in secs: 255 (Claude Speed.)
A Ride In The Park in secs: 95 (Claude Speed.)
Gripped! in secs: 254 (Claude Speed.)
Multistorey Mayhem in secs: 106 (Claude Speed.)
Turismo time: 149 (Cida Melo)
Mafia Massacre: 9 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Diablo Destruction: 5 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Casino Calamity: 6 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Rumpo Rampage: 7 (Arsen Vitiuk)
Longest Flight in Dodo: 55 (Claude Speed.)
Unique Vehicle List
The following vehicles are unique and therefore can be acquired only once in game. I would like the GTA:III Chaingame players add some of these vehicles to the garages because some of them have unique properties that may be very helpful further in game.
1. Cheetah (BP) - during "Turismo"
2. Manana with corpse in the trunk (UV) - during "Dead Skunk In The Trunk" [P]
3. Leone Black Limo (UC) - during "Salvatore's Called A Meeting" & "Chaperone"
4. Curly Bob's Cream-white Mafia Sentinel (UC) - during "Cutting The Grass"
5. FBI Black Rumpo (UC) - during "Under Surveillance" [S]
6. Dark-red Cheetah (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto"
7. Dark-red Stinger (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto" [SS]
8. Dark-red Infernus (UC) - during "Grand Theft Auto" [SS]
9. Ray Machowski's Patriot (BP) - after "Marked Man" [S]
10. Black Cheetah (UC) - at Bedford Point driving in between 00:00 and 03:00. [S]
BP - bulletproof;
DP - damageproof;
EP - explosion-proof;
FP - fireproof
UC - unique color;
UV - unique vehicle.
in bold - acquired vehicles
in red - unacquirable vehicles
[P] - in Portland garage
[S] - in Staunton garage
[SS] - in Shoreside garage
NOTE that this is not the full list of unique vehicles, therefore, if you know anything about any other unique vehicle, PM me and I'll add it to the list.
Liberty City Gangs Status
Leone Family Mafia
Liberty City Triads
Neutral to Claude
Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 19 December 2010 - 07:05 PM.