[DAMN] The Damned

14,464 replies to this topic
Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Gogo why do you not like Entity or Adder?

I also don't like both. I don't think I will ever purchase any of them. Everyday I see a lot of people rolling with these cars just to troll around with their bad taste. CHROME IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED AS A PRIMARY COLOR!!!1!

BTW, that vintage car combines a lot with my character, but I only have 250k at the moment. In the future people will probably find a way to obtain that vehicle through glitches, so I will just follow the trend.

The Tommygun sounds interesting though.

Agree with this a lot, even when I was a billionare, I never bought an adder, entity or anything like that, simply because I love how muscles handle. In the end I was thinking of buying one solely for races because it's unfair when it's custom supercar race. 

I couldn't decide because I like how entity looks in the back but fron is ugly af and vice versa for the adder but in the end I couldn't care less.

About the new gun, i think it's ok, looks cool but it certainly can't outmatch the mg, unless it's close-med range, then it performs better i think. I don't know about the car, looks ok I guess but 750k is a lot to ask for it. I been doing rooftop rumble now that you can host missions so if i keep getting that $$ easily, I might buy it.

Danz, I think if I hosted rooftop rumble and you played, you would then be able to replay it as long as you want, so let's try that when you are on :)

Btw have you ever watched the series Kurozuka??

293670.jpg

Found it on crackle yesterday, it's really good, but the story is bit dark, which I know it's not your style lol, it starts out in the samurai era but quickly moves to an alternate present day that's really messed up, kinda like a those apocalyptic cyber punks. Anyways you should give it a try, the fights are badass and bloody lol and it's about 12 eps I think.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

easter DLC, bunny ears and jesus masks. maybe even some nails so we can crucify ourselves when we pay for the DLC (i probably most likely will)

• WHAT!? and CaptainGdolf like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I was watching some old GTA V'o clock episodes, about the GTAO speculation before release.

The game seemed so much more awesome back then. I was expecting a living MP world with constant objectives that appear for everyone and pay big. The only ambient events are too much hassle for the reward, or pay jack sh*t.

APB does it right, there's constant missions that appear one after another that don't have seperate instances, everything happens seamlessly in one world. A mission pops up, and you get a "Press F to join" and there you are, a timer goes down waiting for people to join and then everything's set up, you arrive at the objective and set everything up, then more people roll up in their cars, with some decent fights going on.

The objectives were things like "hold this area" in a cool little deathmatch type location, with climbable rooftops, plenty of cover and entry points.
  • Crimson Flam3s likes this

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I was watching some old GTA V'o clock episodes, about the GTAO speculation before release.

The game seemed so much more awesome back then. I was expecting a living MP world with constant objectives that appear for everyone and pay big. The only ambient events are too much hassle for the reward, or pay jack sh*t.

APB does it right, there's constant missions that appear one after another that don't have seperate instances, everything happens seamlessly in one world. A mission pops up, and you get a "Press F to join" and there you are, a timer goes down waiting for people to join and then everything's set up, you arrive at the objective and set everything up, then more people roll up in their cars, with some decent fights going on.

The objectives were things like "hold this area" in a cool little deathmatch type location, with climbable rooftops, plenty of cover and entry points.

Agreed. I was watching a couple of those vids a few days ago and it seemed much better. It did feel awesome at the beginning but now as a high level not so much. I played today after a few days of absence and to be honest being able to replay missions is cool but the game just feels more dull.

One of the biggest contributors, and something i been preaching for a while, is the fact that the matchmaking is utter sh*t and we can't find people outside our social groups, which is bs. And the lack of modes of course. 

Every time i take a little break from gtao and come back, a little "magic" is lost imo :(

Btw thanks for reminding me lazy, I been playing just cause 2 on my laptop and it's fun as hell, I knew I was forgetting another awesome, game.

I gonna download APB Reloaded right now, it's basically CnC 24/7 hell yeah baby!

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

minecraft on another level

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Gogo I too find a 20,s gangster theme very odd. The mafia to this day have never had a foothold in Los Angeles. There is no Italian Mafia present in the story of GTA V either. As I said in previous post what do we expect next?

This should shed some light, http://en.wikipedia....'s_Day_Massacre
Then you also have the 'Bonnie and Cylde' romance side I guess..

G D
  • G D

Praise the sun, or die trying.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

After finishing survival I went for free mode. I got in my car and a few blocks away i notice a crew member with some random... who is using a tank.

The tanker shot me, respawn, thought that the CM will be next. Then he came honking his car, mocking my attempts to escape, so he ran me over and a few seconds later, the tanker shot me.
It went on for some more, but I think you got the big picture.

The crew member is CAN494949

He's a new member, kick him.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by Danz., 14 February 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Danz, I think if I hosted rooftop rumble and you played, you would then be able to replay it as long as you want, so let's try that when you are on :)

293670.jpg

Found it on crackle yesterday, it's really good, but the story is bit dark, which I know it's not your style lol, it starts out in the samurai era but quickly moves to an alternate present day that's really messed up, kinda like a those apocalyptic cyber punks. Anyways you should give it a try, the fights are badass and bloody lol and it's about 12 eps I think.

Who said that I didn't like seinen or dark stuff? Honestly, I've never heard about Kurozuka, but I might give it a try right after I finish watching FMAB with my mother, because she f*cking loves it and I haven't started watching Brotherhood up until a week a ago. It's just so much better than the original. My brother is also watching it, besides Walking Dead.

I dunno why AJ dislike animes so much if, apart from the animation, it's not much different from other TV series when it comes to plot and story development.

There's an anime I recommend just for the surprise effect and good storytelling. At first I went just for a quick and pure shoujo before heading to something darker and edgier, but it totally caught me off-guard. I'm talking about Madoka Magica. Dude, I swear it's more dramatic and dark than Death Note despite its art being quite girlish. You should never judge something only based off its appearence:

-----------------------
I will defo' try your mode again, but I think the more people it has the better it will work out. :^:

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Well that isn't cool. I invited CAN after seeing him play brilliantly against top opposition but I haven't played with him since and his K/D is appalling (clearly it was a one off) so I'll kick him when I get onto the SC. Unless Aj beats me to it.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:53 PM Edited by Lil Jacob 27, 14 February 2014 - 04:56 PM.

shano.the.maino.png
I've killed over 4000 people. That's a lot...

CaptainGdolf
  • CaptainGdolf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, CAN sniped me too, i spawned near him and i punched him, he didnt react, so i thought it must have been an accident, after helping me kill someone who tried to run us down, he shot me in the back and fvcked off with some other cretin, only to return and shoot at me 15 mins later!!!

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

I hate this can guy already

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by gdsaqqq, 14 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

Oh noos, i is broke.

200k left... And since this is me we're talking about, it will magically disappear since I penetrate so many chadders with $ rims... lel.

I need 2 do a mission marathon with you guys, help me get back on my skilled feet...
which won't shine since I hesitate to waste AP ammo... :(

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

No CAN do. Toxic are you swinging the axe or do you want me to remove this parasite?

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Kicked him hours ago. Get with the times, gramps. ;)
  • CaptainGdolf likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

easter DLC, bunny ears and jesus masks. maybe even some nails so we can crucify ourselves when we pay for the DLC (i probably most likely will)

I just have to say this would easily be the best DLC. I want the full Buddy Christ ensemble with crucifix gun. There should really probably be a Judas costume as well with Easter egg grenades.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

took the Fam to see The Lego Movie. BADASS! I recommend you all see it too

• Mr. Reaper. likes this

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Never realised how good Greasyhands is. Had my 1st ever DM vs him. There were 14 other top players, it was Hot_Kimera's room so it was all guys from BANG and SOUL and sh*t. Anyway he got 2nd place, I got 4th I think. I wonder when he's going to join The Damned. Maybe he can rek us individually but he can't rek all of us on his own with average teammates. I know he's reading this and I hope that by referring to him in the 3rd person it will somehow subconsciously make him want to join us. :ph34r: Come to the dark side :ph34r:

Tommy gun is pretty cool and that's about it. Not the most exciting update, in my book. Hopefully heists and the mission creator are coming this month, not getting my hopes up. Knowing R*, early 2014 probably means May 31st. :lol:
  • CaptainGdolf likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

Tlou's multiplayer is hard as f*ck. Unlike gta v, you can't go in guns blazing or you'll be killed within seconds. Everything is also free aim which is great.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

First off, a late happy valentines day from me to you all :D

Now, anyone up for a few games (Gta4) anytime soon? TMW, CNC!, death match or even some racing for the ladies In our group? :p. I'm sure all you guys are missing liberty city online just as much as me, so let's for old times sake get some games going! Everyone now what do you say? :)

Please tell me you guys aren't buying v online cash cards?!! D:

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Were it not for Laytin, ma eyes would have not been opened.

Sadly, I used to be a really good shooter who DOESN'T (normally) go for headshots... :(

Thanks to him roughing me up in DM weeks ago I now down a sh*tload of people with a pistol. A f*cking normal pistol. Props to one of the best players I've seen in this game.

And Andy winning the "best player".

Is he really "good"? Or has popularity won once again?

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Carry on My Wayward Son

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by T0X1C, 16 February 2014 - 12:39 PM.

Sadly, I used to be a really good shooter who DOESN'T (normally) go for headshots... :(

Thanks to him roughing me up in DM weeks ago I now down a sh*tload of people with a pistol. A f*cking normal pistol. Props to one of the best players I've seen in this game.

Yeah Laytin is great. Sometimes he has a horrid lag but even when his connection is good he has owned me many times. You always gotsa get dat headshot, betch.

Andy, I say this in the nicest yet most honest possible way, is actually a pretty sh*tty player. :p I recall the final Gang League game vs him and another Yardie, they failed to get a single $ in TMW :/ I could literally play TMW with my feet and drive over an enemy, getting me $250 and I wasn't even a TMW player. :lol: So yes it's a popularity contest. This award means little since the wider forum knows nothing about what goes on here. The MVP is enjoithepain (he won the tournament). The best player in the Yardies is Greasepalms. There was an Xbox player called Mr Punchy or something who is seemingly the best over on that platform However, since nobody knows Enjoi, Greasy or Mr P, they're obviously going to vote for Andy.

The best gang is slightly different, it's not explicitly 'the most skilled.' It seems to have more to do with forum etiquette. Since we just love rubbing people the wrong way we'll never win that one. :lol: We're happy with our back to back Gang League titles and being the most skilled PS3 crew on the forum. :cool:

So in conclusion:
Andy - most popular player of 2013.
Dirty12 - best gang of 2013
Enjoi - most skilled PS3 player of 2013
Mr Punchy - most skilled 360 player of 2013
The Damned - most skilled PS3 crew of 2013
The Legion - most skilled 360 crew of 2013

This is the accurate and honest list, boys and girls. :D
  • Greasepalms, A J and Shady C like this

G D
  • G D

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Yeah Laytin is great. Sometimes he has a horrid lag but even when his connection is good he has owned me many times. You always gotsa get dat headshot, betch.

Andy, I say this in the nicest yet most honest possible way, is actually a pretty sh*tty player. :p I recall the final Gang League game vs him and another Yardie, they failed to get a single $ in TMW :/ I could literally play TMW with my feet and drive over an enemy, getting me $250 and I wasn't even a TMW player. :lol: So yes it's a popularity contest. This award means little since the wider forum knows nothing about what goes on here. The MVP is enjoithepain (he won the tournament). The best player in the Yardies is Greasepalms. There was an Xbox player called Mr Punchy or something who is seemingly the best over on that platform However, since nobody knows Enjoi, Greasy or Mr P, they're obviously going to vote for Andy.

The best gang is slightly different, it's not explicitly 'the most skilled.' It seems to have more to do with forum etiquette. Since we just love rubbing people the wrong way we'll never win that one. :lol: We're happy with our back to back Gang League titles and being the most skilled PS3 crew on the forum. :cool:

So in conclusion:
Andy - most popular player of 2013.
Dirty12 - best gang of 2013
Enjoi - most skilled PS3 player of 2013
Mr Punchy - most skilled 360 player of 2013
The Damned - most skilled PS3 crew of 2013
The Legion - most skilled 360 crew of 2013

This is the accurate and honest list, boys and girls. :D

Speaking of actual skills, i'm f*cking tired of people ganging up on me with infernuses, assualt shotguns, morons who LOVE to glitch in walls, retards who flee like headless chicken and lob f*cking grenades, etc.

I'm sick of online, everyone resorts to a crapload of cheating methods, and somehow I'm always targeted the most in free mode wars... :sui:

If ANY crew matches are up, consider me please...
  • T0X1C likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

hey lads, been away this weekend,hope everyone is well

The awards have finished? I think I only voted in the one category, best player; enjoi thepain.

Hope we're able to organise some crew games soon, will definitely include you gsaqqq :^:

Kaiser I would definitely be interested in playing some IV again soon 

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

I love playing with Laytin. He always invites me to missions and we tend to knock down several in one sitting, even though I tend to f*ck up sometimes.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Sorry I left suddenly just now, didn't realise the time. My buzzard flying skills need a bit of work too  :blush:

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

293670.jpg

Who said that I didn't like seinen or dark stuff? Honestly, I've never heard about Kurozuka, but I might give it a try right after I finish watching FMAB with my mother, because she f*cking loves it and I haven't started watching Brotherhood up until a week a ago. It's just so much better than the original. My brother is also watching it, besides Walking Dead.

I dunno why AJ dislike animes so much if, apart from the animation, it's not much different from other TV series when it comes to plot and story development.

There's an anime I recommend just for the surprise effect and good storytelling. At first I went just for a quick and pure shoujo before heading to something darker and edgier, but it totally caught me off-guard. I'm talking about Madoka Magica. Dude, I swear it's more dramatic and dark than Death Note despite its art being quite girlish. You should never judge something only based off its appearence:

-----------------------
I will defo' try your mode again, but I think the more people it has the better it will work out. :^:

Actually you are the one who said it a long time ago lol. Never seen original fma, only brotherhood which I liked a lot, is it worth it??

Also I started Eden Of the East and Welcome to the nhk, both are awesome imo, really interesting and a nice spin from the usual action series. I highly recommend it.

No idea bout AJ, I guess he has been turned off by the crappy animes on netflix lol to be honest it doesn't have that many that are good, and many people tend to gravitate to more "mature" animes, that's why I recommended the ones such as Death Note, Psycho Pass, Btoom etc. Funny I have a group of those macho type friends that are brothers and they all hated it till they found this really good series. kenichi, now they always looking for other animes, just shows you have to find the right type.

This is a scene in Death Note that made me realize this series would be something else and have a lot of psychological/triller stuff to it. I recommend watching it so you guys get an idea

AJ please watch this excerpt and tell me what you think? :)

• Danz. likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

I can never watch anime for some reason. Anime and me is like water and oil, we don't mix well.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hey Death Note does remind me of Dexter. Ill check into it when im done with Game of Thrones.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:25 PM Edited by Danz., 17 February 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Before I continue the conversation above, I would like to point a few things:

I'm starting to get really bored of GTA V, and I have many reasons for that. Don't get me wrong, the single player is really well done, funny and entertaining, however there's something essential that the Online lacks, thus making the game seem stale just a few months after it's release: objective. Yeah, that's it.

What are the jobs really meant for? To accumulate money in order to purchase what this game has to offer, such as: cars, houses, clothes, guns and that's it. After that you finally get them, you test them around the map just to show to other players how far you've got in the game. Then you realise that it doesn't mean anything and all the effort required to get all that money for these things was in vain, because all of that stuff doesn't mean that much anymore to you.

Then do you know what happens next? The game gets boring and you get tired of playing it.

It's not like BF3 was for me and GTA IV was for guys like Madmonk and EL FUGA. We had objectives.  In my case I got addicted to it because I wanted to stop being a noob and improve as much as I could, to the point that I went from being a 0.27 KDR noob to a top 500 player in less than 1.5 years. It was really satisfying to learn to play that game.

In Monk and Fuga's case I'm pretty sure both wanted to be the best players at the modes they loved the most, TMW and CnC. GTA V doesn't bring any of it to me, right now all I want is to get the Asea, complete my garage and I'm done with the game.

I'm not sure if one day I will hit the max rank, but I will still try to get some enjoyment out of V while it's possible.
---------------------

Now continuing with the talk above, with the lack of specific interest in gaming I fulfill my free time watching animes. Before anything, I just to give my historical background that explains why I like animes so much:

Animes have been part of my life since I was little. I used to reffer to them as the "cool cartoons" back in the day, as opposed to the bad and repetitive american ones. Of course they weren't the better animes with the better stories, but they kind of introduced me to that kind of animation and story development that I enjoy until today, which is lacking in most american stuff. By american stuff I mean both cartoons and TV series.

Western Animation lacks plot, character development, art quality, soundtrack and continuity. It lacks anything that could make it at least passable:
  • IMO, every kind of story, being it a book, a novel, a movie, or a TV series needs to feature introduction, development and conclusion with enough plot twists to make it enjoyable. Otherwise it just has no objective and becomes stale;
  • Charaters should not stay the same for the whole story because they are representations of humans or other beings, and people change at least slightly over time. Not even supporting characters should be able to have a constant behavior;
  • Animation doesn't need be in 3D to be considered good. It just needs to be stable and have enough complexity to make it not look cheesy or ugly. Also, animation =/= meant for kids, I think people should have realised that a long time ago when they discovered the meaning of Hentai. Of course it must not be limited only to animated porn, but actual adult shows with content behind them;
  • Western Animation lacks major soundtrack. It's silly how I can't find on Youtube any memorable music from any american cartoon. There's nothing I can really talk about this;
  • When a story has a plot, it needs to be solved by the end of it, meaning that every episode from the beggining to the end should be connected to each other, apart from fillers. When a show has too many fillers, it will also start to suck independently of how good the background story is. Episodic plots are not necessary for the story's development.
That was a brief explanation of how different Western and Eastern animation are, and why the latter should be favored.
------------------------

Now about TV series like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Doctor Who, they are good and have aspects that are similar to some animes, however they are too slow paced for my liking. Of course real actors aren't gonna behave exactly like anime characters, but they could use some more action, action that actually makes sense, to make their series more interesting and less predictable.

With the exception of House, I don't find myself watching any TV series. I really like it, but I avoid it whenever I'm sick because it is capable of making a person with a simple flu think that he's actually with cancer in a terminal stage.

Now the most important thing about watching animes, you must treat the stories and the characters as actual facts happening to real people, just so you can get into the show and watch it like you would watch any movie with actual actors. You will feel every emotion that it has to offer, just don't act cold toward it. :^:
---------------------------

Actually you are the one who said it a long time ago lol. Never seen original fma, only brotherhood which I liked a lot, is it worth it??

Also I started Eden Of the East and Welcome to the nhk, both are awesome imo, really interesting and a nice spin from the usual action series. I highly recommend it.

Well, I don't think you would enjoy watching the original FMA. It has a nice story and all, but it's nothing in comparison to FMAB. Actually, it gives a better introduction to Ed and Al's story, but the ending is just so messed up that it looks ridiculous compared to the Brotherhood version. The characters are not very well developed, some good ones are killed off creating plot holes and the actual ending of the anime is in a movie which wraps up the story with a very bittersweet ending. If Brotherhood deserves a 9.8/10 rating, the original deserves a 8.2/10.

It's not bad, it's just the fact that you should have watched it before Brotherhood.

I've heard Eden Of the East is good and that it has a great opening, but I've also heard that it doesn't have a proper end. Sorry, if I told you something that might disappoint you, it's just the truth.

Spoiler

------------

That's about it.
  • A J and TheIllaDopest like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users