15,356 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

It's Ballad of Gay Tony all over again, crossed with the Sims and with a touch of RDR, any modes with any substance haven't made the initial cut by the sounds of it.

I'm going to try it tonight, hope I'm not bitterly disappointed by what sounds like a completely different game to IV, in all the wrongs way I feared.

I hate seeing the negativity towards R* though, some really f*cking bitter whiney twats are constantly adding comments in the Newswire section, moaning about V for PC or join my crew we're the bestest, or other f*ckers with no patience in the slightest.... I admit the poor ability of the servers is annoying, but did anyone expect anything else? 

I'm a mix of emotions as you can tell by this post, hope everyone else is well :)

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

ffs, got my character all set up, had a nice car, a white Buffalo with black wheels, and a nice outfit. My game freezes, and then I lost EVERYTHING. Why don't R* just let us save our progress on our PS3, instead of using some unreliable crappy "cloud" server that can't even store data.

I really want GTA Online to work, and the time I spent was good up until trying to start any online missions - which are always DEAD. nobody wants to play missions - and then it hit rock bottom after freezing.

A game with so much potential just chucked down the drain because instead of focusing on FUNCTIONALITY and actually WORKING, they just want to be "hip" with their new "cloud servers".

/rant

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by ajbns87, 02 October 2013 - 06:23 PM.

It's been advised that there will be teething problems, let's try to remain upbeat and patient, I know it is difficult though. 

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

but dude, i just lost ALL MY PROGRESS. i bet that Buffalo will NEVER spawn again.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by TheIllaDopest, 02 October 2013 - 06:46 PM.

so much negativity from all sides of the rainbow. I havent played but i already knew that there was only gonna be DM and races. I said that a few pages back, All other modes are gonna be DLC. Im happy with the way it is I get to do stuff in free mode that i never could before. Theres Survival, and gang attacks. Also robbing liqour stores and what not. I think everyone is just hung up on the past (IV). These are new times and IV was a thing of the past. Im sure R* will continue to make Online better in time. But if all im gonna see is complaining then idk.........

We just need to be patience and wait to see whats to come. Its only been 2 days (1 really)

sure we all want some competition but R* wants us to have fun in the process as well, and this game is fun as f***

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

R* said in a week or 2 more game modes would be added in the capture the flag mode, meaning modes with certain objectives and tactics, meaning.... Ultra Super CNC and some new TMW mode :)

Besides creating DM and races we will also get a mission editor so hopefully we could invent our own mode or something.

It's a shame, my main save got erased but luckily I had some other ones, but they are like 15% behind so I gotta redo all of yesterdays hard work.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

I just  wanted to try it, and I can't at the moment, I make a character, wait ages and then get timed out message, I even tried using different PSN accounts (had to do the prolongue again).

Anyone else in the same position as me? Or are you guys getting in, playing , ranking up but then finding your data is wiped?

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

Aj you like manchester city right?  ;)

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Aj you like manchester city right?  ;)

No mate, I'm Liverpool ;)

Muffin_Man_48
  • Muffin_Man_48

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Muffin_Man_48, 02 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

First impressions of online is good i like how after you rob a store you can share the money between other players ( who helped ). 

Im in the same boat  ( make a character rank up then data wiped )  which at the moment isn't bothering me as im only getting a feel for online.  

We all just got to be patient  most of us knew this would happen and with that ain't to bothered about these issues over the past 2 days.   give it intill Sunday and i bet everything will be gravy :).  I reckon they will release another update to  V 1.1 or something as im noticing a few bugs  ( friends not showing in room , Crew tag not showing just blank white box , ) but that might be to do with servers ( im not sure ) 

Anyways im about to hop on again and make yet another character. 

@ Outlaw    None of us are fans of man city.     we are all fans of man utd   :D :D   and AJ supports Accrington Stanley  :lol:  :lol:

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

I just  wanted to try it, and I can't at the moment, I make a character, wait ages and then get timed out message, I even tried using different PSN accounts (had to do the prolongue again).

Anyone else in the same position as me? Or are you guys getting in, playing , ranking up but then finding your data is wiped?

I had played Online for about five hours this morning, ranked up to level eight, had a nice car, good clothes, about $15,000... Then I turned off my PlayStation, turned it back on an hour later and all my data had been erased.  :cry:

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

GTAO IS A MASTERPIECE. PERIOD.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

I am not gonna try again until I get the word that its stop deleting peoples progress.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Lol, I finally got to try it last night, at around 11.30pm, didn't stop then until 2am.

Created a random looking character, that turned out to look like someone you'd see on Jersey Shore, that I assume can be the only reason I kept getting picked on by other players, I couldn't invite players, nor could I accept invites (anyone had any lucky with invites though?)

First impressions, quite good :), but I didn't come across the tutorial, and when calling Lamar, I had the option of 'mugging' another player for $1000, I don't know if he managed to mug another guy or not though. 

I don't mind if my stats and progress get wiped, I actually hope they do in some ways.

Well said Muffin about the whole deal, also read Docrikowski message in the D12 topic, keep your cool guys. Rockstar are going to perfect this sh*t.

All united supporters? 

Nope. There are only a few idiots in this group :D

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Aj pick your online character from the character select wheel

GoGoKilla
  • GoGoKilla

i secretly <3 asshole shotgun

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

If you dig up 1 post from me dated of 6Months where i said "all will regret gta4 servers" , i planned exactly everything ...
Gta4 was a perfectly balanced game adressing a elite public , now the game is open to a wider public . Just look at the modes , in all games you can see them : (team)deathmatch , one life elimination , race.... soon capture the flag :blink: basics modes in order not to confuse casuals players...

A game with so much potential just chucked down the drain because instead of focusing on FUNCTIONALITY and actually WORKING, they just want to be "hip" with their new "cloud servers".

i agree 100% i could play only 2races and one 1vs1 deathmatch , it will probably get better but i find all these effects "hip" as you said , are a fukin "smokescreen" to the détriment of the game. about gameplay gunfights are good on foot but driveby sux (hard to do better as IV) in my opinion.
About drive in that game im disappointed , its too much easy but i can understand that rockstar have had (**"have had*** is it correct English??) to adapt the drive on the new map it would be impossible with the gta4 drive. i do not even talk about internet transactions that will bring a lot of ca$h to rockstar and probably unbalanced the multiplayer , this is obvliously sh*t

:r*: "money money money"
I also joined a french unpretentious gang (paradox) , some are knewn in gta 4 but lot are my irl friends that i left on the side at the time of gta4 or was not nice with them because i wanted to be the best and never lost , in order to forgive , i decide to do a gang with them but i do only for the fun of it very far from my passion n my mental illness for Gta4.

thank you for reading

• A J likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

AJ, the crew colour you're using for The Damned looks awful in-game. Damned colour should either be dark red or grey, preferably gray.

Also, the car you choose in the first race, you can keep that car as it spawns after the race to use for the next mission. So when you're choosing your car, make sure it's one you like.

There's a spot where the Buffalo always spawns, so when the game is fixed I'll pick up a Buffalo and use that. Or maybe I'll just use the Schafter, in black with a bodykit. Kinda like a Black Series.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Ive left WEED guys

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

It's ok illa, there is rehabilitation centers everywhere and with if you try hard enough then your addiction will cease to exist

• TheIllaDopest and lazy. like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

Guys, GTAO DOES infact have competitive objective based multiplayer modes.

The one I played involved killing an AI dude, stealing the briefcase then taking it to a garage. There were only 2 people, me and some noob, but with 16 players that might have made for a hectic match.

I think the direction GTAO is taking isn't sticking to one mode and mastering it, but mastering the game in general. Hence the vote screen, with little "missions" scattered around that have different objectives and such.

BTW, some of the missions are f*cking hard. Not only that, you have to pay $2,000 in hospital bills upon death. Had to drive out all the way to Sandy Shores and steal an RV while being chased by five rednecks on dirt bikes with the marksmanship of Navy SEAL operatives. Died about 5 times, lost a lot of money so thought f*ck it and gave up. Mind you it's a four person mission and I tried it solo.

Meh I'll stick to stealing cars for Simeon and robbing stores. I did get away with shooting up a Ballas and Vagos deal, but it was tricky.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

yea I did that mission but didnt die lol $9000 but it was f***ing hard!

mir_us
  • mir_us

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

First impression in a word --> FANTASTIC!

Granted, my expectations were low to start and as a software developer I'm pretty forgiving of the glitchiness that comes with a 1.0 release. But that said, as a huge Mafia Work fan, I was blown away! It's like the entire free mode was designed by a team that played MW all the time.

Some of my fellow Maverick fliers (like Black Rooster) were disappointed the heli was nerfed, but I figured it would be. Frankly, I won't mind a lack of annihilators all over the skies as well (at least for now).

But really, for every one thing I didn't like, there were easily ten that I did. I was playing until 5am last night and actually had to force myself to stop so I could have a few hours to sleep before work. As I write this now I'm counting the minutes until I can get home and sink in again. The game is just a massive blast.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Retrieve that car...F*ck you Rockstar.

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Gogo, Your use of the english language is pretty solid (good). Even if you do rely heavily on google translate :p
I have my own misgivings regarding V. Like you I can understand why rockstar are aiming to please the casual gamer. But I'm sure they will want to reward hardcore, long term fans like ourselves in sure :). We'll get our TMW mode or a mode like it.

A guy i now may join us in the near future. His ID is MORA-007. He's been on my friends list for a good few years now. I think he knows HD pretty well too so he has a good reference :p

Someone the other day described GTAlV's multiplayer as a tacked on mode, 'an ill conceived afterthought'! some retard on some message board i read, i forget the name. He was bigging up V's online attempt. Probably some f*cktard new to the series?, The only way he can translate pleasure for a game he likes is by trashing another game to strengthen his argument :/
For some reason this really pissed me off.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by TheIllaDopest, 04 October 2013 - 03:17 AM.

im looking at sunday 3-4 ET for us to all get together and do some missions. We all need to get $$ and rank. Whaddayasay?????

I had some good games with Blizzou. A lot of modes can be team vs AI but the AI are hard. F***ING marksmen. The AI must be using Aim Assist :p

GoGoKilla
  • GoGoKilla

i secretly <3 asshole shotgun

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:10 AM Edited by GoGoKilla, 04 October 2013 - 05:18 AM.

sorry for the last hour illadopest, it was raining so hard that i could not hear anything moreever i was tired , a real zombi ^^shame ^^ !!

• TheIllaDopest likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Dope, I'd love to do missions with you. I really need some $ right now!

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by ajbns87, 04 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.

My internet didn't start working until 11.30 last night, apologies for all the messages I ignored.

I think we need to discuss some of the crew settings in the private forum soon, I had no idea that green was going to look so bright in the game.

Also do you like how my chosen vehicle matches my signature?

I enjoyed the games I had last night.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Gogo its ok dude :)
Lazy 2mrw for sure
Aj try dark green like OD

so i saved and got myself a apartment :)

HD97XL
  • HD97XL

Yeah it's for real

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by HD97XL, 04 October 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Gogo, Your use of the english language is pretty solid (good). Even if you do rely heavily on google translate :p
I have my own misgivings regarding V. Like you I can understand why rockstar are aiming to please the casual gamer. But I'm sure they will want to reward hardcore, long term fans like ourselves in sure :). We'll get our TMW mode or a mode like it.

A guy i now may join us in the near future. His ID is MORA-007. He's been on my friends list for a good few years now. I think he knows HD pretty well too so he has a good reference :p

Someone the other day described GTAlV's multiplayer as a tacked on mode, 'an ill conceived afterthought'! some retard on some message board i read, i forget the name. He was bigging up V's online attempt. Probably some f*cktard new to the series?, The only way he can translate pleasure for a game he likes is by trashing another game to strengthen his argument :/
For some reason this really pissed me off.

MORA-007 is a riot!! We have been friends for a very long time. Very solid player and plays disallow. I honestly think he would fit right in with us. He's a very loyal friend and a good sport (at least in all of our adventures).

I have been unsuccessful in getting into GTAO. I think I will wait a week or so..OK maybe this weekend because I don't think I can wait :r*: But I'm prepared for my game to freeze or just not work at all.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Whos got the most money in our crew...I only got $25K.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users