[DAMN] The Damned

12,974 replies to this topic
Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

They mentioned some mode that was like a hybrid of turf wars and tmw by the looks of it.

That could be interesting I know a certain group that likes TW but I also know a certain group that likes TMW. Perhaps our fates are destined to cross paths afterall. ;)

I think a cnc and tmw crossover would be more epic. The crooks team/teams does missions ranging from classic tmw mostly driving style to robberies and sh*t while the cops try to take em down.

• A J likes this

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Seeing as I've got next Tuesday off, I'll stay up for the midnight release of Online, fly into LS with the rest of you, set up my character then I'll head to bed, and when I wake up I'll play all day.

Still thinking about where I'd like to live, and the car I'd like to drive. So many options. I'll probably stay in the ghetto for a bit, save up for a relatively quick four-door car, work with you guys on heists, get rich, move out, and set up an organised garage with different types of cars for each type of job.

I'd like to live near Vespucci Beach, It's nice there and it's close-ish to Forum Drive. I hope we can buy separate garages, since a place in Vespucci Beach doesn't seem like it would have a big garage.

It looks like it's gonna be pretty awesome. Like a singleplayer experience but instead of the SP guys, it'll be us.
  • A J likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by ajbns87, 25 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

I too haven't finished the story yet, I like enjoying it and feeling like it takes place over a couple weeks/months rather than just finishing it in 3 days. So far im loving it and I just finished the flight school mission lol.

I think some of you guys are too worried about V, and that's normal since we don't want it too be too easy or dull compared to iv. I don't know if I mention this but in there was a spanish magazine that had an interview with rockstar and R* mentioned that there would be modes like races, gta races, dm, tdm, then when they asked if classics such as cnc would be coming back, R* said "classic" gta modes would be coming back as well and more enhanced. They mentioned some mode that was like a hybrid of turf wars and tmw by the looks of it.

The reason they haven't showed much of the competitive side it's because some of the general public thought iv mp was boring so what better way to change their mind than showing them some cool fm stuff, explosions and sh*t?

The mp will be a big surprise for all of us when it releases, there will be modes that maybe we haven't thought of and we will enjoy it a lot.

Is anyone else, waking up early or staying up late to enjoy the aperture next tuesday? I know I am lol.

I hope that Spanish magazine is right, but there is next to nothing written about it online.

Also good to hear you are also taking your time like myself, I really just want the story missions to be the last things I do for 100%, f*cking Kifflom/Epilson stranger missions suck ass though.

There's a useful checklist on the social club for monitoring progress, from that I gather you don't need to go under 50 bridges or do 50 unique stunt jumps, but just 25 is ok for 100% completion, is that right? 

Lovefist tshirt

archfiend
  • archfiend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hey guys how you all doing? :)

I've quickly scanned your comments regarding V, you guys seem apprehensive about the quality of the MP and I am too after playing the solo campaign :/

My gripes:..
weapon aiming is still very accurate even if you hold down the shoot button. The bullets don't seem to spray like they did in lV. Very noob friendly.
you guys mentioned car control. In lV good car control became an art form, each cars handling was different from the other. In V it feels all too easy. The cars look different but feel all too familiar too drive.
I think Madmonk questioned the level system? and how it looks possible higher ranked players will be pre-equipped with better weaponary than low-level players, this i hope doesn't happen. But rockstar have looked to please everyone from what I've seen of V so far IMHO.

Overall, after playing the single player campaign i feel a little underwhelmed. It looks great with so much attention to detail to everything. But there's nothing about V that grabbed me and hooked me in like the old games did. What happened to the colourful over-the-top sub-characters, the funny scenarios. The remote controlled planes for example, the inside jokes, the movie parodies, the dont take yourself seriously GTA I used to know. Playing this game felt more like a simulation of real life rather than escapist entertainment :(

I ain't bitching i just have high standards :p

Sorry for the long post
  • EL_FUGA and A J like this

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:01 AM

Feels like I'm the only really really really pleased with the game (coming from a hardcore Max Payne 3 player) its all i imagined and more. I really love it and can't wait to play online. Im not worried about the car handling as ill be on foot more often. I love the shooting but it will be different in GTAO. R* changed a few things in Multiplayer of max payne compared to single player.
  • A J likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

You aint the only one Illa...This game blows me away in almost every detail.  So much to explore and do, this game is f*cking epic.

• TheIllaDopest likes this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Some More Details on Grand Theft Auto Online

GTAOnline1v1.png

Dear All,

We are humbled and overwhelmed by the response to Grand Theft Auto V – literally overwhelmed in the case of some of our servers! We sincerely hope you're enjoying your visit to Los Santos and we know many of you have plenty of questions about Grand Theft Auto Online. First, we thought it would be useful to provide some details of the roll out of GTA Online, and how we hope you will be involved in making the game everything it can be.

Grand Theft Auto Online is going to be something brand new for us: a fully realized and living world for multiple players that will continue to grow and take shape over time.

The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

Everything we do will be informed by feedback from you all – from the types of missions that roll out to all kinds of future content.

We are planning for a constant stream of new content, tweaks and updates in the weeks and months ahead.

The first couple of weeks we expect to be heavily focused on tuning the experience as it goes from internal testing to the reality of being played by tons of people in the real world so that all the usual teething problems for an online game are overcome. We hope it will all run incredibly smoothly, but please bear with us if it doesn't, and help us fix any and all problems!

After that, we will begin releasing content updates and giving you the opportunity to make your own content.

GTA Community Feedback Needed from Day One

This is vital for the ongoing success of the game. The first few months of Grand Theft Auto Online will be critical as everyone enters this dynamic new world for the first time. Plenty of issues are bound to occur. 

One thing we are already aware of, and are trying to alleviate as fast as we can, is the unanticipated additional pressure on the servers due to a significantly higher number of players than we were anticipating at this point – we are working around the clock to buy and add more servers, but this increased scale is only going to make the first few days even more temperamental than such things usually are. This is part of the problem some of you have been experiencing with the iFruit App and some Social Club services – we apologize in advance for this and thank you for your patience in this area.

More than ever, we need your help to report your experiences, findings, likes, loves, dislikes and hates – and we will be looking at your feedback constantly to tune the game into its optimal shape and help guide how Grand Theft Auto Online will grow and evolve past this initial period. We will be checking out how people are playing and what they are not playing or not enjoying, while also monitoring feedback via two other new Rockstar channels:

[email protected]: This email address will be active from launch day as a place to send your input and feedback direct to us relating to the game.

GTA Online Forums at Social Club: At some point this fall after the initial release of GTA Online, we are planning to launch Social Club Forums where players can chat with one another about their online experiences as well as access a GTA Online Suggestion board to post about any suggested features, tweaks and changes you want to see.

Here’s a rough overview of what you can expect on day one as well as initial details about how the GTA Online world will evolve from there.

The Launch of Grand Theft Auto Online:

From launch, up to 16 players can enter the world together to partake in everything from:

Open-World Crime and Chaos: Go on your own or round up your friends to explore the open world together – catch a movie, go mountain biking, hit the shooting range and much more. Want to test the law? Knock over a convenience store, take down a gang or rob an armored truck for easy cash and Reputation.

GTAOnline3v3.png

Looks like Team Mafiya Work to me, and not Team Death Match on islands...phew

Jobs: Los Santos and Blaine County are ripe with opportunity for the ambitious and criminal minded. Take on Missions and an array of other Jobs as a lone wolf, team up with your Crew or join fellow mercenaries and degenerates to pull off a wide range of robberies and illicit activities together.

Races: Everything from classic street competition and off-road tracks to boat racing on the open ocean, or take to the skies in aerial events. Jump into the madness of a GTA Race, or try out a brand new race type, Rally, where driver and co-pilot work together to navigate treacherous courses at high speeds.

Sports: Join your friends / any random stranger for a game of tennis, a round of golf or go base jumping and more, all for cash and Reputation.

Customization: Create your character using the Character Creator – then earn some cash and spend it getting dressed for success. You can also collect and customize cars for your garage and personalize your full weapons cache.

Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker  :v: . The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

Growing Pains: There will be the typical growing pains for an online game, including but not limited to crashes, glitches, crazy bugs, gameplay modes and mechanics that need re-balancing and other surprises! Even in GTAV Story Mode, some of you may have seen a few odd and even amusing little glitches out there last week. This sort of thing is inevitable in a massive open-world game and there’ll surely be lots more unexpected oddities like this in the Online world next week – rest assured we’ll be monitoring and actively doing all we can to smooth such things out as they happen, but we need your help to find them, as well as your feedback to help fine tune all of the game's systems so everything is perfectly balanced.

Currently Planned GTA Online Content Updates:

Here is a quick overview of a few initial things we’re working on for the first few weeks of Grand Theft Auto Online, alongside an aggressive period of tuning and finessing the game. We will give you dates for all of this content as soon as we have them – bear in mind that the order of things may well change, and we will probably add some extra stuff as well!

The Content Creator: The Content Creator will launch with tools to tailor and publish your own Deathmatches & Races.

The Beach Bum Pack: Featuring 4 new amazing beach fun vehicles, over 300 new items of incredible down tempo leisure wear and 2 new but not remotely relaxing weapons.

Capture the Flag: GTA Online’s take on the classic CTF mode including the ability to make your own using The Content Creator.

Heists: This update will introduce full-on cooperative Heist missions that will require careful planning, teamwork and sharp execution – along with the Heist Planning Board for your apartment.

Just to be clear, all of these updates will be free  :^: . We’ll have more info on this and much more additional content as our plans develop through the launch period, and as we get feedback from you. Please stay tuned for further info and updates. And remember – we need your help to make this experience all it can be.

Thank you everyone,

Rockstar Games

GTAOnline5v5.png

• steveb07 and ugotsmoked like this

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

That was posted on the Newswire, 6 hours ago.

Start with the negative, microtransactions will exist, things we'll work to unlock, can be unlocked by dumb noobs willing to pay a bit of real life money !

No mention of Cops n Crooks or Team Mafiya Work in the first stage.

Rockstar seems to be aware of an imminient inability to cope with the demands on their servers in V...you'd think instead of spending so much on advertising they would get these things ready in the 5 years it's taken!

Now the positive, Rockstar say they will try to take in feedback, individually we might not have much of a voice, but I do think collectively we could each try to contact R* with a shared message, once the game is out, with some suggestions if it does suck, which could potentially be addressed. Monk and archfiend, I agree with your concerns. But I do love the game!

Immediate downloadable content is scheduled to be free of charge. 

• ugotsmoked likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Looks awesome man...Micro transactions don't bother me.  I might get a couple here and there...especially if its just a couple of bucks for a really good gun...like the minigun.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

the transactions are great. For someone like me who works all day i dont have to worry trying to catch up with others. I can just drop a few bucks to make up for lost time.

I believe R* learned from their games so now they got it right. 

One thing Ill say, there was NOTHING casual about Max Payne 3. It was down right hectic and frustrating at times. But no matter what I was there everyday,

I loved IV but Ive come to realize that that is the past. R* put it to bed and I respect them for that. IV was a game of its time and now we have a new one. GTAO will be the best experience ever.

• ugotsmoked likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

You are right about MP3...Small maps and always getting shot in the back!!!  This map is much more open and exploring online is gonna be amazing...IMO of course.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, people can use real money to buy whatever the f*ck they want, as long as it can be earned without paying, that's fine.

What pisses ME off is buying stuff you can't get without money.

And seriously that DLC list is f*cking bullsh*t. They go on and on about "content creator" and "heist planning" but all of that sh*t is paid DLC. f*ck GTA:O it's just some sh*tty cash cow.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 26 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Hi guys just out of curiosity. Who here can speak different languages? Im only an English speaker but I know a few words in Spanish.

Lazy they said it would be cosmetic things and would not upset the balance online. I would not worry too much about it quality always comes through and we have planety of that here.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm fluent in Spanish

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Mm9090, 26 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

And seriously that DLC list is f*cking bullsh*t. They go on and on about "content creator" and "heist planning" but all of that sh*t is paid DLC. f*ck GTA:O it's just some sh*tty cash cow.

How did you get "paid DLC" from "just to be clear, all of these updates will be free?" :monocle: :sarcasm:

Personalised Capture the Flag sounds interesting. If there is no CnC, this will do just fine for me. Same type of game, more possibilities :^:
  • steveb07 likes this

steveb07
  • steveb07

StevE

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I believe we shoul wait a few more days before we go apesh*t cause of no hard details. There's gotta be somethin' for each of us.

Crimson Flam3s
  • Crimson Flam3s

Live Free or Die Trying

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

lazy they said that dlc would be free, learn how to read. 

I'm not worried about the pay to get $$ issue, since it won't increase their rank, some loser who pays to get rich and hoping to be better than everyone else, will still be scum no matter how much you sugar coat it. I like how this might turn out. we might have super rich noobs who might be willing to pay us,"relatively" poorer skilled, players to maybe kill some punks who are messing with him or for some other reason.

R* also said later on they will be willing to expand map areas and hopefully have los santos, LC and some other cities co-existing in the same world, that would be cool.

It sucks they didn't talk about the other modes, but it's impossible free roam heists, races and dm it's all they got for launch. Does anyone remember if gta iv modes were shown before the release?

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 26 September 2013 - 04:55 PM.

That particular DLC will be free. What about future DLC? I think thats the point Lazy is trying to make. I agree with him but thats the way of the world. RDR had DLC packs to add to the free roam. GTA V will have packs also.I would drop the naivety and get used to the idea that we WILL be paying for DLC at some point. Perhaps packs that also add single player stuff like "set tripping" between the Ballas and Grove famillies. Perhaps DLC with the rednecks and the bikers ect. There plenty of ideas in V that can be expanded on through DLC.Maybe a street race package that give a bit of fast and furious feel to single player and also adds new vehicles and races to online. Perhaps some areas of the map in GTAO will have specifc game modes like I mentioned about the ballas and grove street.Perhaps a turf war between those two factions. Perhaps a TMW style mode over the meth trade in Sandy shores. Again the answer is....We dont know yet.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

That's key here, we just don't know yet.

One thing we do know, is that Rockstar are looking for feedback, so once we get to know more about GTA Online, I think together as a group of loyal GTA fans and players who kept IV alive after many 'retired' we can formulate together a good amount of detailed and well written feedback regarding our thoughts, Rockstar probably won't listen but we can try.

TMW style mode,  out in the countryside/desert on quadbikes, motorcycles, weapon drops, drug deals, meth labs, rednecks, tractors, that could be a lot of fun.

Monk I think we got a few people with different languages here, Spanish mostly (FUGA, flames, Dope, PROTO), French (GoGo) Canadian (Puke), Afrikaans (TOX) Brazillian Portguese (Zdanz) Greek (Comeon12). Like you, I can only speak English, and little bits of other languages :/

-----

The CTF mode might be interesting, will it literally be a flag? Perhaps a car locked in a garage would be better or a stash of cash/drugs. 

• Crimson Flam3s likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

I agree, everyone needs to chill out.  Judging something that we have not played yet...pointless...

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Wth is a relaxed weapon???

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by ajbns87, 26 September 2013 - 06:55 PM.

lol yeah that seemed a bit of an odd descriptive ! 

LCPD COPTER is PROTOTYPE 95

The fag destroying getaway heli with a turbo is Vanishinpsycho.....

Let's hope V, integrates a system and modes that can't be as exploited as easily as CnC and IV was in general. 

-----

Does anyone know the name of the piece of music that plays in the background whilst flying the heli?

Muffin_Man_48
  • Muffin_Man_48

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

hahaha i remember when he first posted that video :)  

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Lads whats everyone`s opinion on wireless. im not looking for technical details. Ive f*cked up. I took next week off work only to find that the schools are off at the same time. This means that my son will be in the house wanting me to either help with Batman Arkham city or watch me playing gta. The later is not happening.. end of story but in order to get a few games in on the fly during the day im having to use wireless which i dont trust. What you guys think?

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I always use to play wired, but since going wireless things have been fine, and no issue. Distance from the router needs to be minimum, but I found the current router (standard BT home hub) works just fine.

Obviously if you got a lot on the go at once, like two people connecting to wireless it does get slower, fortunately I don't have that issue.

Why don't you trust wireless? 

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 26 September 2013 - 08:13 PM.

AJ I just see it another varible to contribute to lag. I remember MIR posting a video called the illusive Madmonk which had me teleporting. I was using wireless on that occation. However i found out later my GF had been on the internet on the lap top downstairs while i was online upstairs (I told her not to use until i was finished next time Ill be going Ike Turner on the bitch..not really ill just be doing as im told lol.) so im blaming it on that. So yeah like I said its just another thing that can go wrong IMO.

R* are expecting server issues in the first few days so im just trying mimimise the effects of lag.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by ajbns87, 26 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

It's the norm isn't it with Rockstar to have major issues when launching online games to have connectivity issues. Let's hope there is no freezing like in MP3. 

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

So that beach pack, content creator and heist planning is free? That's fine then.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

Dont back down Lazy there will be DLC that we will have to pay for so on that note.........f*ck GTAO :p

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

The main meat of GTAO will be free. More than enough to get us through to GTA VI.
Mark my words ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users