[DAMN] The Damned

12,969 replies to this topic
T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Can't believe he joined such a "small" club, heard a lot of good things about him. Was linked with United at some point.

I'll get on TLAD soon guys, practice on Friday?

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I dont like to use word like "small club" its very easy to make assumptions about teams and leagues when you dont watch them.I should know im Scottish footbal fan lol.I dont watch English football that often but im aware of what goes on. Having said that I did expect a team more successful than Southampton to get him but that just shows you the power of money in the game. I often wonder what would happen if every team in the world got the same amount of money to spend on players. Thats why Henrik Larsson was so adored up here. Alex Ferguson tried to sign him years ago but he said no im staying at Celtic. Perhaps the last real legend we will see play in Scotland.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

Was always a fan of Larsson, I'm glad he stayed with Celtic, such a rare thing in football these days sadly.

Good games last night troops, Max Payne 3 tonight or more TDM Prison practice?

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by kaisersoza_66, 16 July 2013 - 10:28 AM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 07:21)
Was always a fan of Larsson, I'm glad he stayed with Celtic, such a rare thing in football these days sadly.

He certainly seemed like a very good player when he moved to Barcelona, at the old age of 33. Most players seem to lose a certain something at that age but he didn't. His technique, finishing and speed of thought were on another level.

Hey AJ, apparently Christian Erikksen is on his way to Liverpool. I always thought he'd move to a big club! monocle.gif

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 16 July 2013 - 03:40 PM.

QUOTE (kaisersoza_66 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 10:21)

He certainly seemed like a very good player when he moved to Barcelona, at the old age of 33. Most players seem to lose a certain something at that age but he didn't. His technique, finishing and speed of thought were on another level.

Hey AJ, apparently Christian Erikksen is on his way to Liverpool. I always thought he'd move to a big club! monocle.gif

Kaiser I was in a hotel in Manchester waiting to fly out to Florida when Larsson scored that diving header against Bulgaria in the Euro`s. There were people up clapping in the hotel. I had this huge smile on my face thinking "You see now you know why we keep going on about him" Celtic will never get a player like that again.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (kaisersoza_66 @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 10:21)

I read about it today, I doubt we'll put in a bid, I hope we do though, him & Coutinho would make a hell of duo behind the number 9 smile.gif supported by Lucas & Gerrard !

Max Payne 3 tonight ?

GoGoKilla
  • GoGoKilla

i secretly <3 asshole shotgun

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by GoGoKilla, 16 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

I know anyone who was not have a fan of larsson on this planet , despite the fact that he has eliminated the club in my area (Lille OSC) with a decisive goal in the Champions League with Barcelona sneaky2.gif he may be a little to miss a greater career in europe.
he had even the honor of composing my duo attack in pes5 if I recall well.
I alternated between a duo henrik larsson-with the cocainoman adrian mutu (on the wing near the white line biggrin.gif ) to the outside and at home he was playing in support of ruud van nistelroy (yes I like old and it was a career without stats evolutions ph34r.gif ) icon14.gif ...
without forgetting recoba in the left side inlove.gif

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 16 July 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Van Nistlerooy was a machine too. I remember him scoring a goal right on the by line in the Champions League I cant remember what team it was against I think it my have been a Turkish team but he clipped it in from an impossible angle and i thought now way!!! He had no right to score from there. Brilliant player. Nearly ended up at Rangers under Dick Advocaat but he took Micheal Mols instead....FUDS hahahaah tounge.gif

Pes..... Recoba-BOMB!!! Best left foot in the game.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

@ Aj, YES MP3!!! Thats my sh!t lol

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Posted these in the GL topic, but thought I could share here also.

user posted image
user posted image

Not very good quality blush.gif

-----

Hopefully Max Payne won't freeze and their won't be any sluts abusing grenade launchers constantly. notify.gif

Might also give RDR some goes before V, get used to that weapon wheel biggrin.gif

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by kaisersoza_66, 16 July 2013 - 09:29 PM.

What is everyone's ideal 1990's football team?

i remember countless hours on FIFA 99, me and a mate around my house, both of us building two teams that would eventually challenge eachother in a head to head game.

here's mine

GK - P.Schmiecal
R.B - Cafu
C.B - J.Stam
C.B - P.Maldini
L.B - R.Carlos
R.W - Figo
C.M - Z.Zidane
C.M - E.Davids
L.W - R.Giggs
C.F - Ronaldo
C.F - G.Batistuta

i was tempted to use; Rivaldo, Romario, Bergkamp, Thuram, Desailly

I'm expecting a lot of scottish players from Monk tounge.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Fifa 99, Fatboyslim, Good times. I used to read MATCH magazine when I was younger a lot, players would pick their XI too.

I think you've picked the best you could, I'd take out Batistuta and put in Robbie Fowler though. As a Wolves fan, no Steve Bull?

Perhaps Hierro instead of Stam.

It's ashame both Ronaldo and Fowler got injured so badly in their careers, sad.gif . My two favourite players growing up.

Sorry to those not into footie/soccer. tounge2.gif What's the best american sport? Basketball, football or baseball?

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Ahh Steve Bull, what a player. i see the guy walking around wolverhampton town now and again, he does a lot of media work in the local area, so he's still as popular now as he was back in his playing days.
Not quite Ronaldo but he had the heart to match anyone icon14.gif

FIFA 99 was the bee's knee's back in the day, the soundtrack like you mentioned was amazing, the gameplay was such a leap in the right direction from other footy sims at the time. You had training tutorials for the first time too. I still played it for years after, up-until i got my PS2, great game.

Stam was 2 world class defenders rolled into 1 mate. Hierro was good, but not Stam good icon13.gif

Pukemaggots
  • Pukemaggots

No Sir, I don't like it

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I haven't played MP3 in so long I can't remember any of the controls lol

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Aj, here in America its all about Football or Basketball.

IDK why the US isnt keen on what we call soccer lol
I have a lot of friends from mexico who are BIG on futeball
growning up we had Legends like Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird in Basketball.
John Elway, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice in Football.
I think as Americans we like seeing men bash the sh!t out of eachother at full speed. Sometimes magical sh!t happens.

@PUKE its like IV except the cover and jump button are reversed lol

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:53)
Aj, here in America its all about Football or Basketball.

IDK why the US isnt keen on what we call soccer lol
I have a lot of friends from mexico who are BIG on futeball
growning up we had Legends like Micheal Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird in Basketball.
John Elway, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice in Football.
I think as Americans we like seeing men bash the sh!t out of eachother at full speed. Sometimes magical sh!t happens.

@PUKE its like IV except the cover and jump button are reversed lol

Football/soccer is still in its infancy in the states, but it is growing in popularity year by year.

I read an article that said american interest in soccer is on a sharp rise at the moment, a lot of the younger american generation are growing up knowing the names of players like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, whereas before they didn't. Fixtures like Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Man UTD vs Arsenal are big draws in the U.S that attract millions of viewers. They just can't abide the sh*t quality of their own league.

Have you heard of a sport called rugby? its basically american football without the protection. Look at this for a punch monocle.gif

They posed for a photo together after the match all smiles

Muffin_Man_48
  • Muffin_Man_48

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

I use to love fifa 99

I remember playing it for countless hours with my brother and Staying in the menu just to listen to this

kaisersoza_66
  • kaisersoza_66

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

That tune Muffin! its bringing back those memories wink.gif

Memories of me scoring with George Weah, Weah had broken his leg mid-match, but i decided he still had some use lol. I was right! he ended up stumbling with the ball, he was through on goal somehow after a clever through ball, he fired it full pelt and scored biggrin.gif . The next thing i know it cuts to his goal celebration, Weah is seen running to the crowd to celebrate waving his arms emphatically.
Once the game restarts he is forcibly stretchered off WTF lol.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by ajbns87, 16 July 2013 - 11:23 PM.

what a tune, thanks for posting Muffin smile.gif

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

kaiser, yes Ive heard of Rugby. From what I understand, football was like rugby back in the 20s or 30s. And yea soccer is becoming more popular especially the younger gen. IDK why it never was. But I think its more because we Football. IDK really my son likes soccer but they really dint show games much here unless its mexico playing.

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Even though I dislike Max Payne 3, it was good to play it last night with PUKE and Dope. icon14.gif

EFLC tonight guys?

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

We call it handegg over here wink.gif

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Aj you down for a little RDR before IV today?
We can storm the castle down in Mexico biggrin.gif

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:29)
Aj you down for a little RDR before IV today?
We can storm the castle down in Mexico biggrin.gif

Don't forget to burn a bear for me wink.gif

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

oh I havent forgotten TOXIC, we'll head up north for that

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

How big is the RDR map exactly? Compared to IV or SA?

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's hard to say because there are no cars, only horses and carts pulled by horses.
It's big, I'd say roughly the same as IV perhaps more, but I've not played it in ages and probably have to re-install it.
I wasn't planning on hitting RDR but will do, I was keen to play EFLC tonight.

I've proposed a game vs SOA-MC, a 4 vs 4 on TLaD's TDM, but using our 'Damned' accounts, I've told them to add our shared account, Damned_Leader. I've suggested 10pm this Friday, hope we can enough involved for those games. smile.gif

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Bluntmaster Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

we dont have to be on long, lets do a couple of hideouts and move to EFLC. RDR is fun but theres nothing like some automatic weapons. I just love the environment of the world. Its so beautiful, from sunrise to sunset, even the night has life. It truly a work of art from R*. No doubt V will be the same.

and dont worry TOX the 1st thing ill do is go bear hunting with my molotovs....even tho theyre called fire bottle lol

A J
  • A J

Damned

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:17)
we dont have to be on long, lets do a couple of hideouts and move to EFLC. RDR is fun but theres nothing like some automatic weapons. I just love the environment of the world. Its so beautiful, from sunrise to sunset, even the night has life. It truly a work of art from R*. No doubt V will be the same.

and dont worry TOX the 1st thing ill do is go bear hunting with my molotovs....even tho theyre called fire bottle lol

The map is impressive, I really like the area where the bears are in the north, scary sh*t when you first play but it's a great map, just a pity there isn't a sanchez to explore it on. tounge.gif

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 21:24)
QUOTE (TheIllaDopest @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 19:17)

The map is impressive, I really like the area where the bears are in the north, scary sh*t when you first play but it's a great map, just a pity there isn't a sanchez to explore it on. tounge.gif

Two months brother uncle tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users