Photo

Cannot load textures!?!?

13 replies to this topic
ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:19 AM

So I when I get to the main screen, I click on "new game" and whatnot, it starts loading, and then it says something along the lines of "cannot convert textures to your video card. Press esc to exit."
I exit, and that's it.
WTF?

Help pleaseee?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

We will need details about your PC. Please post your full system specifications.
Also, are you using any mods?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

That can happen if you are a limited user. You won't even be able to save on a limited user.

ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

I'm on windows 7 home premium.
AMD V120 Processor, 2.2GHz
2048MB of RAM
DirectX11

I'm not tech savy really, so I'm just posting what I thought looked important. I'm not sure what kind of video card I have. I'm just using the stock that came with my laptop (Preseraio CQ62).

What is confusing me, is that I am playing San Andreas just fine, and have been for several weeks. The only thing remotely close to a mod I'm running on SA is the multiplayer server thing, but other than that, I have downloaded zero third party content related to GTA.

I can't even get a game started on GTA III though, so I can't be running mods on it. I also am on an adminstrator account, so..... I'm at a loss.
I got the disc from a friend. He burned it for me (along with Vice City) and VC worked just fine. Hmm..

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

I don't know what the cause of this problem is but I've got a fix:
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=6300
Just follow the instructions and it shouldn't convert the textures anymore.

ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:31 AM

Sigh..

I don't want to seem like a total dummy, but I've never messed with mods or anything like that, and I have no idea how to install them or anything. In the instructions, it says something about the txd.img file and replacing it with the mod information, or some sh*t like that, and I simply don't know what to do. I'm a dummy tounge.gif

Please help the noob sad.gif

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

Just extract the files 'txd.img' and 'txd.dir' from the archive into your GTA 3 Main directory\models (folder). You won't need to replace anything since your game can't create these files so just put them there.

ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:15 PM

Still having problems. GTA III will only run on-disc, meaning I can't install it. It just runs right off the disc.
When I try to extract it to the models folder, it says I need an additional 22 KB of memory for it to work.
Then if I try to flat out copypasta the needed files to the models folder, under the folder it says "Files waiting to be burned" meaning I need to burn them to the disc. Would burning them to the disc work?
If so, how would I go about doing this?

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

That's the problem right there. You can't run the game from a disk. You need to copy\install it to your hard drive. Why can't you copy\install it?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:28 PM

I got the disc from a friend. He burned it for me

Does that mean you do not have the Original CD? If so, than that is the problem, and the only solution would be to buy a legimate copy-either from Steam or D2D OR from a Retail store such as Wal-Mart(Wal-Mart.com), Target(Target.com), Amazon.com, K-Mart(K-Mart.com), Gamestop(gamestop.com), etc. As if you do not have the Original CD OR a legit Download from Steam/D2D, than you have a illegal version. You have to(MUST) install the game on to your PC Before you can play the game-that is why there are 2 discs(disc 1 is the Install disc and Disc 2 is the Play disc)-All disc 2 does is allow you to play the game, that is also where the Audio files are. Since the game is dirt cheap now(less than $10 brand new), there should be absolutly NO reason to not get a legit copy if you don't already have one. Just a heads up...

Also, according to the Forum rules, GTAForums has a "No-Warez" policy, as seen in the rules Here in the Announcements section. Just a heads up..

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:42 PM Edited by Claude Speed., 11 October 2010 - 06:44 PM.

@radioman, apparently there is a version of GTA III on one CD including audio, legal version.
Theoretically, you could play GTA III on disk if you had the game installed and copied +txd.img and txd.dir in the models folder. Never tried myself but it should work, but it would have slowdowns since reading is slower on disk.

ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

Well I guess I'll have to take this somewhere else then. but thanks for trying!
And for the record, all the files are in there (meaning it has mostly the same folders that are in my VC and SA folders, like models, audio, mss32 or whatever it is.... can't think of anything else right now... but all those folders are in there when I open it.)

Thanks anyways.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:08 AM Edited by radioman, 12 October 2010 - 05:14 AM.

apparently there is a version of GTA III on one CD including audio, legal version.

Just curious, What version is this? Because there are only two(2) versions for PC-the Original and the Trilogy Pack. I have both versions, and they both have 2 discs for III and VC-one is the Install disc and Disc 2 is the Play disc. and with the Trilogy Pack, SA is the only game that is on 1 disc, and that is because it is a DVD, instead of a CD like III and VC. Here's one version-the Trilogy Pack, and Here's the Original version for PC. Just Curious. confused.gif

Those are the only two Retail copies-However, the Steam and D2D versions are the only legal Downloadable versions.

ilikebacon3000
  • ilikebacon3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

I have no idea what version I have now. I had to fiddle with some other [I]stuff[B], if you know what I mean. Basically I ditched the disc and got the game through other means. Not trying to break any rules here, so my bad.
Bottom line though, I got it working.
Just finished all the Portland police/fire missions. I always have trouble with the Paramedic missions. Doing them in succession is the thing. My ambulance always gets blown up around level 9ish, so I've decided to wait until Stauton Island since the Triads hate me (I'm on Chaperone right now).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users