Photo

[ALPHA] M.C. v0.04

97 replies to this topic
Diego Delgado
  • Diego Delgado

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Is that dope wars mod going to have cocaine, heroin, and Meth dealing or is it just pot?

gumba2
  • gumba2

God on vacation

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

using hotkeys to load paths works, thank you.
tried about 20 records at same time and it worked very well.

iI got still some more problems
The bodies do not vanish or cant be deletet after the peds fell from bike or getting killed.
backspace does not remove them.

The records drive always slower than me.
can they get faster whitout changeing every single line in .mccr files?

Using the "plain and precise" config results in drivers getting off path trying to get to the nearest street.
even far away on ocean they drive straight to liberty city.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:34 PM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 06 July 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Thanks gumba2 for testing and noticing bugs.

I have encountered cars gettin lost on path only at one place in Laguna Seca, and also on closest place to the city on Dakota track. I am working on fix for this. New version is coming up, so it will fix the ped issue. I will make sure to upload few configurations so you can download them without having to edit every single line. Also, I am working on path editor, a small app to load configurations and edit paths offline.

Here are few hints

Ttry to set Recording density to about the lenght of the vehicle you want to record. I had this values set by script by default, but later added config based editing. I decided this because it's almost impossible to make universal configuration for every scenario and every user. Replaying races does not require the same as replaying simple mission paths. And cars, bikes, trucks may require some precise tweaking to act better. Also it depends much on handling.dat, but I tried to make it as flexible as possible.

To record bikes correctly,

Bike should be 2-2.5 in recording density.

Cars go from 4.5 - 7 recording density.

All bigger vehicles - 10+ recording density.

To get cars to drive faster, open vrecording.config

PRECISIONSPEED = 20.0 (For less dense recordings/more speed, set this to lower value)

ENABLE_ABS = 0 (AI may not be able to control cars when turning at high speed without ABS)

PLAYBACK_DENSITY=10 (Use higher values for faster, but less precise playback in curves)

SPEEDUP_STEER_MAX=3.2 (Higher value = more acceleration when doing turns)

gumba2
  • gumba2

God on vacation

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:52 PM Edited by gumba2, 24 September 2011 - 05:04 PM.

I just realized you did release a beta update of "VehicleRecording" outside this forum.

I dont know what changed exactly but the AI behaves more stable then before!
They dont loose track anymore execept when they simply cant reach waypints flying above ground.

I am very impressed and happy how the AI works!

Do i need "vehiclerecording.net.dll" and "vehiclerecording.net" in scripts folder?

Do you still work on this tools?

Is itpossible to use "PageUp" for toggeling the menu instead of using a seperate key to close it?

Also, I am working on path editor, a small app to load configurations and edit paths offline.

Here are few hints

Sounds great and thank you for the hints, it is now much easier for me to understand the config.

And one last question, where can i get a list of DEFAULT_PED_MODEL names to use in config?

Some bugs/problems i encounter:

Sometimes if i hit F10 to load multiple routes i get this error:
You must be in vehicle to start recording (car, boat, ...)
Always after i get this message and pressing F12 every route is loaded twice.

After some time recording, loading, playing and changeing routes
with "ENABLE_ROUTE_VIEW" disabled, there is one waypoint appearing and still visible even after clearing the memory.

Hitting the "STOP" key results sometimes in me (or me and vehicle+AI) beeing teleportet to some waypoint on one of the routes. (the stop function still works)

Best regards Gumba2nd.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

Hi!

Do you still work on this tools?

I haven't been working lately on this script as I've been busy during the summer. I didnt put the new link on the GtaForums. : ) I'll fix that soon. There is lots of stuff I'd like to improve in vehicle recording, but, at the moment, I am pretty satisfied with the way it works.

...AI behaves more stable then before!
They dont loose track anymore execept when they simply cant reach waypints flying above ground.

I am glad that it works nice for you too gumba2, as I tried to make it better, and fix reported issues. It's advised to experiment with settings. If you have any question, feel free to ask. It's not hard to figure things out, and make sure to keep backups of your configs so you can revert changes to good ones. You'd need slightly different settings for race than regular city cruising.

Do i need "vehiclerecording.net.dll" and "vehiclerecording.net" in scripts folder?

You only need one of those two files. The new one.

Is itpossible to use "PageUp" for toggeling the menu instead of using a seperate key to close it?

Yes. I will add this on TODO list, together with other suggestions, and bugs.

Thanks for your support

irie

ripJuniorSeau
  • ripJuniorSeau

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:07 AM

hey so u got videos download link anything??? writing a drugwars mod myself, mine is the sh*t TOTAL f*ckIN WAR

DrugWars by jitsuin will sh*t on this

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

DopeWars is finally released. Find the stash, deliver it to medical marijuana dispensary. Or just smoke it all, and see the world in whole new light. Or just try one or more new strains. You can also sell the stash to anyone out there (if you are lucky), but beware. You are not the only hustler out there. Don't forget about donuts for the cops.

https://www.dropbox....dcaz/8fBQZFsok-

Read about CONTROLS here:

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063721929

rastakilla
  • rastakilla

OG on the Scene

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey Dread stand by!!! Vid coming soon of your awesome Vehicle Recorder in action.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users