Photo

[ALPHA] M.C. v0.04

97 replies to this topic
WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Mar 29 2011, 01:38)
Wow, that custom radio stuff...

My mind = BLOWN.

MY JAW = DROPPED
I wasn't expecting that Radio thing! happy.gif
So, I can get the old Vladvostok Radio on TBoGT!!!
LoL it's amazing! Keep it up dude, I'll wait in the line to test your release Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

With the radio stuff will we be able to add the EFLC exclusive Radio Stations to the original GTA IV or the other way around? Will we be able to select them on the dial like normaly with the icons on the top?

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yes, with radio addon, you are able to import all radio stations from GTA IV to EFLC. Then you can pick any track, and add it to your radio playlist. Select your music, set the looks you want. Changes that you do to your radio station, can be seen next time you press radio select button.

ParrotBay Radio Add On

# Import All radio content from GTA IV > EFLC
# Make your own custom playlist(s) using Offline playlist editor
# Add Commercials, News, Music, Talk Shows, etc..
# Rewind/Fast forward (by seconds, like winamp) or Pause / Play
# Rememeber Position in any track / play from there
# Set custom Title for each track in playlist
# Customize your playlist / per radio
# Choose Backgrounds, Color Overlays, Buttons
# Set number of playlist items, fonts, text size, position...
# Create radio hud however you imagine with any image from web or GTAIV game
# Change between stations live & direct
# Take over Bahama Mama, Maisonette, or Hercules with your music!
# All Loads in milliseconds

Pouring the Homebrew Content to your ears. ParrotBay
Check out this site for more info/media:

GTA GARAGE

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Apr 2 2011, 22:09)
Yes, with radio addon, you are able to import all radio stations from GTA IV to EFLC. Then you can pick any track, and add it to your radio playlist. Select your music, set the looks you want. Changes that you do to your radio station, can be seen next time you press radio select button.

ParrotBay Radio Add On

# Import All radio content from GTA IV > EFLC
# Make your own custom playlist(s) using Offline playlist editor
# Add Commercials, News, Music, Talk Shows, etc..
# Rewind/Fast forward (by seconds, like winamp) or Pause / Play
# Rememeber Position in any track / play from there
# Set custom Title for each track in playlist
# Customize your playlist / per radio
# Choose Backgrounds, Color Overlays, Buttons
# Set number of playlist items, fonts, text size, position...
# Create radio hud however you imagine with any image from web or GTAIV game
# Change between stations live & direct
# Take over Bahama Mama, Maisonette, or Hercules with your music!
# All Loads in milliseconds

Pouring the Homebrew Content to your ears. ParrotBay
Check out this site for more info/media:

GTA GARAGE

Thats neat. But I was wondering if I can add the EFLC exclusives to IV and have them play just as they do in EFLC with the right overlapping, and station selection.

Also we should be able to change the music in the safe houses too like in Saints Row 2 you can change the station.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Importing:

Well, as it is possible to get GTA IV exclusive music to EFLC, it should be possible to do it vice versa. Rockstar had used certain hierarchy for both games (GTAIV/EFLC). By understanding this, and placing files in correct folders, you can mix content from these games. When it comes to mixing music, you can mix any track however you want. You can even do exact copy of any radio station program. Replacing music in safehouses and few other interiors is not supported yet. I could possibly shut it off, but to replace positioned radio, one would probably have to edit GTA IV map itself.

UPDATE:
ParrotBayRadio

# Supports linking tracks to certain hour/minute and weather

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Download ParrotBay Radio at http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=15697. To comment this mod, navigate to http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=473565. There's small update available, that will fix few small bugs. Enjoy

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:00 AM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 12 April 2011 - 03:46 AM.

After I finished ParrotBay Radio, now I can work more on DopeWars Add On. As you can see, I have enabled player to do the "dirty work", so you can see what's really going on on the streets of LC. There'll be plenty of work to do, get chased, shot at, hustle or get hustled. You may not tell from this video, but I am using my ScriptedSpeech addon for all the conversations, aswell many other nice things. Enjoy videos until you can play...

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

This is the very good example of very creative use of certain GTAIV Native functions that most of people would not use in such fashion. Don't know if Rockstar have used these for controlling vehicles, but I have. This script has advanced from the first stage very much, but still I have to solve Player2 targetting, to add simple HUD, and effective camera. At least, enjoy the video, until you can enjoy playing.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

That's just amazing, can't wait for dope wars thingy. I loved that game back in 2000!

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S5BNLKL3

Download and test beta release of Two Player mod. You will need joypad to get it to work. This is not final release, many things are missing, you can't tweak it, so this is only for beta testers. This is my gift to the community, as Im celebrating something today.

Enjoy

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:07 AM

Midnight Crime :::: Tools

Here it is, anticipated, totally new and made from scratch, Vehicle Recording / Playback. Note that this is beta release, made for testing only. It has full functionality, and works flawless, but without many options that will be added later to the final release (such as manual tweaking). Its use is as easy as pressing a key, very suitable for dense urban recordings, role play, custom missions, or to simply add AI opponents to your custom map. Its using AI, that will react the same anywhere on the map, in any number at the same time. Its made to be used with no limits, so you will be able to achieve many things, even beyond your imagination. For coders, I will give support and code samples, so you will be able to use it in your Visual Studio projects later on. First, test it, and make me proud. Remember that AI will react to foreign entities such as bullets, cars, peds, objects and they may affect their path, so don't except 100% precision everytime, but rather spontaniuos and more realistic driving that will certainly satisfy you. Watch videos, they are old, but are very good example and proof of a concept.

It features:

# Instant realtime recording / playback
# Records models, colors, extras and components (cars & peds)
# Playback multiple recordings (limited only by your CPU/RAM)
# Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven
# Can be used anywhere on the map (new maps aswell)
# Everything is saved to plain text files (edit as you wish)
# It's made to be used with cars, trucks and bikes only
# Easy to configure, but with very complex options

DOWNLOAD HERE ::::

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WK9SQK88

ColdZer0
  • ColdZer0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:45 PM Edited by ColdZer0, 13 June 2011 - 05:46 PM.

it looks f*cking amazing!!
is there already a download to test the mod??
and could you please write a instruction how to install it??

thx man it could get the best mod ever!!

ColdZer0
  • ColdZer0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:52 PM Edited by ColdZer0, 13 June 2011 - 08:17 PM.

hey, i installed the kill frenzy mod but nothing is diffrent to the normal gta 4.. mercie_blink.gif
i have got installed the newest version of script hook and script hook .Net.
did i anything wrong??
and if the mod is already installed, how can i start the kill frenzy and where do i find "frenzy objects"??
pleease help!! nervous.gif

ps.: sorry for doublepost biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Does anyone want to help me set up the radio so I can add the 3 EFLC exclusive radio stations to GTA IV? I hope to be able to select them on the dial and I can pick Vice City FM well scrolling thrugh the stations as you would normaly.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

ColdZer0 :::
There are no hotkeys for enabling it, it will autostart when you load your game. You can find KillFrenzy missions at predefined locations (I only placed two as an example), and you can edit them in frenzy.config file. To teleport to location, open your game console, and write teleport 73.87351 1063.244 14.22377. You will be teleported to first kill frenzy. There is a nice readme at gtagarage so feel free to take a look. If you have any more questions, let me know.

nkjellman :::

I'd like to help you out with this. If you can run ParrotBay radio in GTAIV, then it's possible to achieve it. It's mostly adding XML configs and editing required game files. Please PM me, so we don't flood the forum.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Monday, May 23 2011, 04:07)
Midnight Crime :::: Tools

Here it is, anticipated, totally new and made from scratch, Vehicle Recording / Playback. Note that this is beta release, made for testing only. It has full functionality, and works flawless, but without many options that will be added later to the final release (such as manual tweaking). Its use is as easy as pressing a key, very suitable for dense urban recordings, role play, custom missions, or to simply add AI opponents to your custom map. Its using AI, that will react the same anywhere on the map, in any number at the same time. Its made to be used with no limits, so you will be able to achieve many things, even beyond your imagination. For coders, I will give support and code samples, so you will be able to use it in your Visual Studio projects later on. First, test it, and make me proud. Remember that AI will react to foreign entities such as bullets, cars, peds, objects and they may affect their path, so don't except 100% precision everytime, but rather spontaniuos and more realistic driving that will certainly satisfy you. Watch videos, they are old, but are very good example and proof of a concept.

It features:

# Instant realtime recording / playback
# Records models, colors, extras and components (cars & peds)
# Playback multiple recordings (limited only by your CPU/RAM)
# Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven
# Can be used anywhere on the map (new maps aswell)
# Everything is saved to plain text files (edit as you wish)
# It's made to be used with cars, trucks and bikes only
# Easy to configure, but with very complex options

DOWNLOAD HERE ::::

snip

snip
snip

Alright Irie. I have been following this for a long time.

Let me see if I get this straight. I presume it is not for video recording, but for recording location/position/routes of vehicles? For example, using this tool, I can make a route around the city, record it, and have AI follow it?

If so, sweet, sounds a lot better than "driveRouteTo" and "distanceTo" combinations. I would be interested in how it actually works, as in error checking and that, if I could send a PM.

I will be testing soon.

Thanks for the hard work!

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Prof_Farnsworth

Thanks for your support. Vehicle recording is not the same as video recording, you are correct. It's made almost like native GTAIV vehicle recording, that you see in almost all game missions, and it's used to record, and then replay any route with any car/bike/truck. Basically, it will save information, such as positions, speed, headings, vehicle models, extras, driver's components/textures and model, to external file, and let you load it in a simple manner. You will see "you" driving exactly the same vehicle. I've been working on this for a while, perfecting it, so you can get satisfying result. Unlike native GTAIV vehicle recording, this version works more dynamically, and vehicles interact with world, so you can use multiple recordings to make for example very good looking racing, where "racers" drive like real opponents.

It's very complex, due to many possibilities that happen while replaying route, so cars react realistic, they will slow down if another vehicle is in front, they will find closest position if they get knocked out of route. Also, it's very easy to configure. In current beta release, I just let you use basic settings, but in next release, I will let you choose density of a record (more precision), multipliers (for tweaking speed), and set all other options available.

If you have any other question, or suggestion, im here.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (iriedreadlock23 @ Wednesday, Jun 15 2011, 19:05)
Prof_Farnsworth

Thanks for your support. Vehicle recording is not the same as video recording, you are correct. It's made almost like native GTAIV vehicle recording, that you see in almost all game missions, and it's used to record, and then replay any route with any car/bike/truck. Basically, it will save information, such as positions, speed, headings, vehicle models, extras, driver's components/textures and model, to external file, and let you load it in a simple manner. You will see "you" driving exactly the same vehicle. I've been working on this for a while, perfecting it, so you can get satisfying result. Unlike native GTAIV vehicle recording, this version works more dynamically, and vehicles interact with world, so you can use multiple recordings to make for example very good looking racing, where "racers" drive like real opponents.

It's very complex, due to many possibilities that happen while replaying route, so cars react realistic, they will slow down if another vehicle is in front, they will find closest position if they get knocked out of route. Also, it's very easy to configure. In current beta release, I just let you use basic settings, but in next release, I will let you choose density of a record (more precision), multipliers (for tweaking speed), and set all other options available.

If you have any other question, or suggestion, im here.

happy.gif Racing was exactly what I had in mind actually, funny you mention it.

Can't wait for the next release with more tweaks.

If the other features are as in depth as this and Parrot Bay Radio, this could very well be the best toolset yet.

Great work, and thanks.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

All I can say that Vehicle Recording is being tested on Laguna Seca since I've got that map (reminded me of Gran Turismo). Now, if you are willing to make racing game mod, let me know. I just finished testing new release candidate, and it's way way better than the last alpha release. Now, you can't easilly beat the AI and they react perfectlly.

I take a lot of time for every tool, so they can be customized, and used practically with no limits, so you can be creative, fast and very productive. In the meanwhile, you may want to check The Detonator. It's also part of MidnightCrime tools. It enables you to use bombs in totally new way. Plus much more that you may expect. You can do anything, and even more.

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Real time damage is just amazing. I love how wheels are being removed. How you can set bombs on the car. Just perfect.
Keep the good work dude , seriously <3

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

During testing, I keep getting a RESC10 error "out of video memory" after 10 - 15 seconds of recording. Any ideas?

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Prof, ill post new download link ASAP. Hopefully it will fix your issue. I never encountered Out of Memory, except with ParrotBayRadio 0.7 beta, after 12 hours of playback. I fixed it in radio, but will get into this. I will give you Debug tool I use, and new carrec, so you can tell me after what code error appears.

Explain in detail, how it happens. What vehicle did you use, what keys did you press. Does Scripthook/Scripthookdotnet logs contain any data related to this?

Does your EFLC crash? Also, go to the /scripts/CARREC/LAGUS/ and tell me the size of the last saved file.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

First public release of Vehicle Recording is online. Its more complex than ever, and brings vast amount of settings to be tweaked to achieve desired precision (or whatever you seek for), so you enjoy recording and playback, and please post feedback on your experience.

You can download it from the following links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FY91K8JM

GtaGarage download page

FEATURES:

% Realtime Live recording/playback system
% Supports trucks, boats, cars and bikes
% Record/Playback any anywhere on the map
% Record car models, colors, extras
% Record ped compoments and models
% Use multiple playbacks at the same time
% Various levels of playback precision
% Totally made from scratch pathfinding
% Dynamic AI (search routes, avoid opponents, handles car much better)
% High Presicion SpeedStepUp tweaking technology
% Made from scratch ABS (Anti-Blockier System)
% Advanced Steering helper
% Supports free playback, with no constraints
% You can even make drivers obey traffic laws (lights etc)
% You can tweak anything as you wish
% It features standalone tool
% Live file manager (select multiple files/delete them while in game)
% Few simple configurations to use

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

OMG. Amazing.
Perfect tool for races & machinima O_O
<3

gumba2
  • gumba2

God on vacation

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:39 PM Edited by gumba2, 24 June 2011 - 10:36 PM.

hello iriedreadlock
many thanks for all your efforts making gta more interesting and fun.
this whole MC thing is great but Vehiclerecording i wanted most.

i got some problems with it:
how do i change keys used in the tool?

Luis is Standart driver even if i use niko as playermodel

And my mainproblem is the "file open dialog"
i press "pageup" and a transparent black panel opens filling
the whole screen from left to right showing just the title of itself
but no list of recordings or a import button.

when i am done recording the tool exports the route just fine
and autoplaybacks it once.
on pressing"F12" the tool shows a massage like "importet all"
but nothing happens...

iam using IV with latest patch
it runs on 16:9 1280x768

hopefully u can help me on this problem.

best regards

KaLaC
  • KaLaC

Quality not Quantity

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

@gumba2: How come the ratio 16:9 resolution become 1280x768 wink.gif

@iriedreadlock23: Nice work man!! I've waited for this mod for a long time!

However, I got something as same as gumba2,

After I press PageUp key, the dialog is shown with only the title, No[Import] or [RELOAD] or [PAUSE] key.

After I press F12 key, it said datas are imported, but nothing happens.....(I never touch the location of the replay files)

Im using a EFLC 1070 patch.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:31 PM Edited by iriedreadlock23, 25 June 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Thank you for using Vehicle Recording, and for your support. File import will not work if you don't set correct path in your filesystem.config for importing files, and also in vrecording.config for exporting. You can find these files in \scripts folder, and \scripts\CARREC. If you see blank screen, then it means that filesystem cannot find any *.mccr files in configured directory. As you can see below, I use short path, relative to eflc installation folder, but you can also set it to for example: c:\CARREC. Open .config files with any text editor (like notepad).

[vrecording.config]
EXPORT_PATH=SCRIPTS\CARREC
EXPORT_FILENAME=STUNT
EXPORT_EXTENSION=MCCR

[filesystem.config]
EXTENSION=*.MCCR
DEFAULT_FOLDER=SCRIPTS\CARREC
DISPLAYED_ITEMS=7

It's not possible to change keys at the moment, as I haven't included that option. However, It will be available in next update for sure. For now, if you use any trainer, disable trainer hotkeys. Also, for F12, it will only import files that you selected in File open dialog. So, make sure that you configure it correctly, and when you do that, make sure that you have folder at desired path. If you set it to \scripts\CARREC\mypaths, you must create mypaths directory in CARREC folder. Note that you don't have to reload scripts after changing settings. File open dialog will reload settings everytime you press PageUp, and vehicle recording settings are reloaded when you press F11 or F12. So it's live updated. If you have any issue, or something you can't solve, let me know. I'd like to know how it works on other people computers.

Also, @gumba: I haven't tested it on GTA IV so there can be some "anomalies" like that because it's made to work on EFLC. Now, try any other model than default Player. If you use for example, IG_NIKO, you will have Niko. I'll add game version check, so you get correct model when using default player model.

KaLaC
  • KaLaC

Quality not Quantity

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

The loading function works now biggrin.gif
after i changed the path.

Thanks iriedreadlock23!

gumba2
  • gumba2

God on vacation

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thank you,
now i am able to see the list.
But loading worked only a few times
now it wont import anything anymore.

iriedreadlock23
  • iriedreadlock23

Dr. Frankenstein

• Members

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

@gumba2

When you tried to import, did you select files by clicking on item that you want? You can hold Left Control key and do left mouse press to select more files. You will see text on screen telling you how many files you selected.

Press F10, and then F12, and wait until files are loaded.

Also, after you saved your new route, check export folder (default scripts\CARREC) for new created files. If recording is there, you should be able to load it. Larger files takes longer to load, so be patient when pressing F12. It generally takes only few milliseconds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users