Cleo for VC/SB & FXT

2 replies to this topic
xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hello again! It's been a while, some of you may remember me wink.gif .

OK, so now to the point.

I have downloaded the latest CLEO for VC (which in fact always crash the game, so I am using an older one...) and now I am trying to write a cleo script in Sanny Builder. I put some cleo opcodes, but SB screams "No cleo library". How to fix this?

And second, I would like to put my text in the script. I know i have to create a fxt file blah blah. So I need ONLY to create that file using for example FXT editor, type an opcode with message 'MYTEXT' and it will work?

Thanks for every reply!
Cheers :*.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:59 AM Edited by ZAZ, 02 October 2010 - 09:10 AM.

QUOTE (krasiejow @ Oct 1 2010, 16:04)
Hello again! It's been a while, some of you may remember me wink.gif .

OK, so now to the point.

I have downloaded the latest CLEO for VC (which in fact always crash the game, so I am using an older one...) and now I am trying to write a cleo script in Sanny Builder. I put some cleo opcodes, but SB screams "No cleo library". How to fix this?

And second, I would like to put my text in the script. I know i have to create a fxt file blah blah. So I need ONLY to create that file using for example FXT editor, type an opcode with message 'MYTEXT' and it will work?

Thanks for every reply!
Cheers :*.

Sannybuilders last version was in 2008
CLEO_VC was released in 2010
Sanny can't copy a cleofile into VC_cleo folder
the function "compile and copy" compiles the script as main.scm and copy it into data folder
You must run the simple function "compile" and copy manual the *.cs file into cleo folder
use the directive
CODE
{$CLEO .cs}

Then load a savegame, start new game works only at first gameload

fxt file for text works as well as in sa
you can create, open, save and edit fxt file also with sannybuilder
but sanny don't show if there is a space charackter at the end of the text
make shure to don't have a space at the end of the text because it is often a reason that it won't work
the simple texteditor (notepad.exe) allows also to open, save and edit fxt file and it shows a space after the text if there is one

it's not possible to update a fxt file while game is running
you must first quit the game and restart it then

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLEO_VC_setup.exe allows to check and uncheck 2 install components

1.Cleo_VC Library into Vice City game directory:

CLEO.asi
CLEO folder
- MultiSave.cs
- MultiSave.txt
- CLEO_TEXT folder
- - MultiSave.fxt

2. updated data files for sannybuilder into Sanny Builder 3\data\vc:

VICESCM.INI
opcodes.txt

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for your reply.

OK I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what, but I can use cleo opcodes like

CODE
05E1: call 0x55BFC0 num_params 3 pop 3 0 0 0@

But what about opcodes from http://cleo.sannybuilder.com/?id=2 ? I see now that there is a big text "CLEO 3" and that they don't work with CLEO 4 confused.gif .

And FXT's I still got a problem... For example the fxt file in CLEO_TEXT:

CODE
AS1 sasasasasasas
AS2 fdsfdsfdsfs

And if I want to display AS1 in a text box and AS2 as a text, it only displays the text. However, if I add another line (AS3 etc.), the AS2 text won't display also. Looks like it works only with the last line from a fxt file. Weird, because I saw some VC cleo mods with a few lines and everything worked...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users