Quotable Notables @ GTAF

6,621 replies to this topic
Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

Oh man, I have so much sh*t I could write about this. But I hung up my fedora and shaved my neckbeard a long time ago. Not because I didn't believe in the cause, but because I become a lazy "f*ck the entire universe" nihilist type and figured there are smarter men who are better equipped than me to fight for it.

Here is a TL;DR summary of my take on it.

- women face serious issues because of their gender

- men face serious issues because of their gender

- women have a massive sociopolitical support system to fight these issues, through feminism

- feminism is respected in academia and elsewhere. If a celebrity says "i'm a feminist" she's seen as a progressive liberated powerful woman.

- on the flip-side, men get pretty much 0 support to fight for their issues. And a dude saying "I'm an MRA" would lead to character assassination and laughter.

- I figured this is because many stereotype MRAs as misogynistic basement dwellers with neckbeards.

- But the hilarious thing is the sheer hypocrisy. Pretty much any feminist will HATE when you use the "topless bra-burning purple haired tumblertard" archetype to describe feminists. The defense is "not all feminists are like that! you can't be guilty by association!" and then 10-seconds later they tackle all MRAs as being neckbeard redpiller hate-filled mongrels. Lol.

- I think there are indeed serious issues that effect solely men.

- Let's look at divorce courts in many developed countries. Christ, they're f*cked. Men being robbed of every penny and losing their kids and assets and being driven to suicide. But it was probably a MALE judge that did that sh*t, using laws written by MALE politicians and all.

- It'd be really nice if a group of men could band together, pool their resources, link their minds, and start a coalition to fight for the rights of father's and husbands in a divorce court.

- I don't blame feminists for these issues like many MRAs do.

- If feminists want to only focus on female issues, that's fine. If each gender had a group dedicated to fixing their issues, that'd be okay.

- Problem is, many feminists don't let the men's groups operate in peace. That's what sucks. Why can't they exist in harmony? Feminists do fem stuff and meninists do men stuff? Why does it have to be a zero-sum game?

- Feminists hate and actively shut-down any attempts men make to fix their sh*t. (btw...if you want evidence for this, just ask).

- Wow, this TL;DR isn't even a TL;DR anymore. Anyway, I've said enough. Thanks for reading.

TL;DR of the TL:DR

Women face gendered issues. Men face gendered issues. Women are allowed to fight for theirs. Men aren't. And prevailing societal attitudes makes it such that women's problems are being fixed every day while men's problems are constantly swept under the rug.

There was a time I could write pages and pages of this stuff. About misandry in the media, or an inherent bias against men, or the sexism they face that everyone is completely blind to because we've done it for so long.

But that part of me is gone, along with the young high-school aged gamer.

Now I'm a mix of The Joker and Jimmy De Santa. I hate everyone, men, women, kids, dogs, cats, whatever.

And all I want to do is sit on my ass, masturbating and playing video games while I insult strangers.

:^:  :whistle:

• ten-a-penny likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Alright, that's enough. Go be an insufferable edgelord somewhere else for a while.

Move on and get back on topic.

God bless him.
  • Tomasak, ten-a-penny, The Deadite and 1 other like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A week ago

another one

Sry, but i do not really trust pussies. :)

eef.png

• Darth Absentis, Audi and DOUGL4S1 like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted A week ago

This is the real issue here: where things are going.

The people that say oh, that R* is rolling in the dough and the whiners need to get over it are simply elementary in their logic and aren't critically examining the long term affects of where the game is today. It's easy to say "play something else" and with peasant logic, however those "complainers" are just as vested in the game and have a voice too. Telling them to shut up and go away is as I said, peasant. 

Now, that said.  The future and what the franchise is doing IS and important discourse. The "complainers" are trying to start this dialogue. The people telling us to "shut up" are the ones who are pulling out the Alfred E Newman 'what me worry' response.  It's really sad that some would rather tell someone to shut up and go away than have a serious discourse about the road, and the alarming road the franchise and R* are on.  Thanks Quinn for the video, it touches on the big issue surrounding GTA as a series; what is the future? I find this terribly troubling that the high profit margins and dev detachment of the current model don't promote an evolution in the game that's game centered. That's to say, the innovative ideas and evolution of the franchise that make it an immersive unparalleled experience will fade. What we'll get is more macrotransactions, less innovative content and content that is designed solely to move those macrotransactions.

Maybe some can't see 5 minutes beyond their current situation. Maybe some accept this as great evolution. I don't. I see it as a prostituting a great gaming franchise out now to just Candy Crush it.  It doesn't exist to sell games, it doesn't exist for you to play it. It exists to get at your debit card over and over and over.  Many see this evolution. I saw it years ago and took a lot of heat on the forum for suggesting that GTA was going to become all about the macrotransactions. 

It's come to pass. Rehashed mechanics. Story mode ignored. Hyper expensive cars and over the top inflation designed to push macrotransactions.  GTA:O is destruction of the franchise as it was for the all mighty dollar.  GTA V's backbone is still the Leslie Benzie's vision of immersive content. 

GTA VI will undoubtedly exist from the ground up as a macrotransaction generating cash cow and it's online counterpart will continue to evolve the franchise away from gaming centered content to "recurrent monetization" as it's sole reason to exist. 

As a gamer, you can't see how content suffers and the GTA franchise ceases to exist as a game, but more a brand to get you to purchase over and over and over - and the shockwaves that'll affect how it's developed.. you need glasses.

Telling anyone to shut up and play something else marginalizes the importance of this dialogue. Every time some person makes that peasant point, I'm going to push back and say "Think McFly, think." There's a lot of negative stuff going on and it's getting worse. 

The "free" content model with "optional" macrotransactions is garbage and has detached R* from the consumer to such a large extent, they have no desire to evolve the game. It's just all about the money.  As I said, GTA isn't a gaming franchise anymore and has no desire to give you a gaming experience and the game doesn't come first. It's a brand that exists to get at your recurrent spending.

That's a huge problem to me. More "free" content will just continue this evolution of sub-par rehashed hyper-expensive garbage while ignoring what made the game great.  That is not is cause to celebrate. It's the continued demolishing of GTA as a game.

But again, those that want to label me a "whiner" may not be able to process or simply cannot see these issues. 

Too bad.  I'm sure R* loves  you for it.

Cheers.

[snip]

post of the year in my book. :^:

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, A week ago.

This thread is pure comedy and will doubtless be locked soon. Later posts from the OP prove he's a fraud and a useless 'guide' spammer....

Let me start off by saying I grinded my ass on gta, to get to be as fortunate as I am today. I grinded for days, hours, and even waited on buying things I wanted to save for what is coming down the line. For example, when the heist update released I didn't buy anything. I was swept in online PvP, I didn't even enter the los Santos city. I knew I wasn't close to having what the players online had. So I lived in paleto bay, relaxing in my house I bought on sale.
I then became hungry, staying true to myself and never spending a dime on microtransactions at all. I soon invested,planned, and participated in activities that would financially secure me down the line. I am now at 500million and relax all day. My friends? They are broke or going close to it. 75% of my friends say I "glitched" or "cut corners" because I was smart with my investments. Truth is, I was just smarter than them. They're jealous they can't own a yacht, full warehouse, 60 car garage, all high end custom apartments. I stopped being associated with them. I then found friends who are at, or close to my level of success. We all connect so well, talk about investments, and how and what R* needs to do to help players. You will only be as good as the circle you surround yourself with. I like to use the term, "The 7 p's" Precision,Prime, and patience prevents Piss,Poor,Performance.

• Darth Absentis, The Deadite and DOUGL4S1 like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted A week ago

This is priceless imo, my sides :lol:

Commuting to work is normal, right?

Q65U3FK.png

• Darth Absentis likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted A week ago

Im probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but in this 2 VS 1 poll what do you prefer the ambitious underdog that is unfairly stereotyped Nintendo vs the obnoxious,overrated short attention,span,teenage pandering piece of crap FNAF and Undertale.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069771125

Because comparing a 30 year old video game giant to a small indie game isn't stupid at all.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 6 days ago

http://gtaforums.com...-customisation/

Old speculation. They were so sure th F620 was a Super GT. :lol:

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 6 days ago

Stalking hot guys on Facebook and Instagram. :3

blocking this gay/fag/semi-woman creature is a little thing that made me happy up until now and I'm doing it again.Unblock-block-unblock-block.

Oh, so edgy i nearly cut myself....

• Femme Fatale likes this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 6 days ago

Oh, so edgy i nearly cut myself....

I found this funny.
  • Carbonox, Shaundi., ten-a-penny and 8 others like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 2 days ago

free_speech_2x.png

relevant xkcd

Relevant on many levels.
  • sivispacem, Shaundi., ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A day ago

Well 1st, GTA shouldn't represent Chicago or Cancer City as a game.
2nd Cancer City shouldn't represent a GTA location, just like Bullsworth Academy.
I know GTA suppose to represent a American settling, but its also depicted as Iraq and Iraq isn't American.
Also the City wouldn't want to represented by its black violence, just how Charlotteville doesn't want to be represented by its white nationalist.
They both will represent terrorists and Rockstar doesn't want this non-sense.

084.png
  • Moonshield, Shaundi., Piggsy pls and 6 others like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A day ago

You can't fix stupid

• Scaglietti likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by Raj Brunner, A day ago.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/894012-who/

http://gtaforums.com...-equally-again/

Have no idea if this has been posted here, but it's f*cking classic.

• fashion likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A day ago

Ehh it's Darth nothing notable about him since he acts worse then a 5yr old but then again that'll be an insult to all the 5 year olds out there

• ten-a-penny likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

Ehh it's Darth nothing notable about him since he acts worse then a 5yr old but then again that'll be an insult to all the 5 year olds out there

I think they're more notable for the amount of users and admins against a single user. The only way these threads could be better would be a Ban Roulette, really.

• Darth Absentis likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted A day ago Edited by Ai家Cob家, A day ago.

I think they're more notable for the amount of users and admins against a single user. The only way these threads could be better would be a Ban Roulette, really.

True, Not to mention i also got banned in that game but did i go crying to anyone about it?

let move this to random chat before we win again

9c82d133061af5bb7c9615fa809a17a4.png

Stupid is stupid does

• ten-a-penny, Darth Absentis and Audi like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

Still in the topic of Darth:

What you should do is shut the f*ck up about things you don't understand. Such as Darwinism, Italy, and apparently trains.

• Shaundi., ten-a-penny and The Deadite like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted A day ago

Due to this not being made as a Milestone Thread (and I commend you for that) this deserves to be memorialized here; Liberals, don't even think of tearing down this peice of history too.

___________  _____  _____                           

/___     /    _    |/    _    |/    _    |        __    __      

____/   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /    _ /   /_ /   /__  

/   ____/   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /   /_      _ /    _    |

/   /___ /   /_ /   /   /_ /   /   /_ /   /       /   /   /   /   /   /

/_____ /|_____/|_____/|_____/       /_ /   /_ /   /_ / 

_____  _____  ____________

/   __   |/   __   |/   ____/_      _ /

/   /_ /   /   /   |   /   |___     /   /     

/   ____/   /   /   /|___    |   /   /      

/   /       /   |_ /   /___ /   /   /   /       

/_ /        |_____/_____ /   /_ /        

,--===--,

/'              '\

|                  |

\,              ,/

'\.         ,/'                                    *claps*

'\,   ,/'

/ | \                                                ,--===--,

(                                                /'               '\

)                                              |                  |

(                                                \,              ,/

)                                                 '\.         ,/'

(,                             '\,   ,/'

@)                             / | \

*claps*                ,|,                                )

|   |                              (

|   |                               )

_......------===|    |===------......_         (

.-'          @         |__|         @         '-,

|'-,                   @       @                 ,-'|

|    ¨¨''''------.......................------''''¨¨    |

|'-,                                                  ,-'|

|'-, ¨¨''''------.......................------''''¨¨ ,-'|

'-, ¨¨''''------.......................------''''¨¨ ,-'

¨¨''''------.......................------''''¨¨

• ten-a-penny, Audi and DOUGL4S1 like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 hours ago

This thread made my day thanks for the entertainment AlienTwo

Create the "Québec" nationality

• AlienTwo, Uncle Sikee Atric, Audi and 2 others like this

Audi
  • Audi

Отъеби́сь

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 19 hours ago Edited by Audi, 19 hours ago.

but really...this is grumpy ol' forumers and i really hope i can be allowed to rant in semi-incoherent rage induced manners here as long i am not flaming forum members and acting like some biggot.

Sure that can not be to much to ask ?

Yeah but ever since your trip started you've basically been using this topic as a twatter substitute to post mundane status updates nobody really cares about.

"I'm at airport", "visited some ruins", "that machine is broken", "this train sucks", "something about my nose", "I haven't been fed", "I'm at hotel".

Seriously dude.

• Shaundi., AlienTwo, Uncle Sikee Atric and 3 others like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 5 hours ago

My confession is: I don't care.

I found that funny :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users