Oh man, I have so much sh*t I could write about this. But I hung up my fedora and shaved my neckbeard a long time ago. Not because I didn't believe in the cause, but because I become a lazy "f*ck the entire universe" nihilist type and figured there are smarter men who are better equipped than me to fight for it.
Here is a TL;DR summary of my take on it.
- women face serious issues because of their gender
- men face serious issues because of their gender
- women have a massive sociopolitical support system to fight these issues, through feminism
- feminism is respected in academia and elsewhere. If a celebrity says "i'm a feminist" she's seen as a progressive liberated powerful woman.
- on the flip-side, men get pretty much 0 support to fight for their issues. And a dude saying "I'm an MRA" would lead to character assassination and laughter.
- I figured this is because many stereotype MRAs as misogynistic basement dwellers with neckbeards.
- But the hilarious thing is the sheer hypocrisy. Pretty much any feminist will HATE when you use the "topless bra-burning purple haired tumblertard" archetype to describe feminists. The defense is "not all feminists are like that! you can't be guilty by association!" and then 10-seconds later they tackle all MRAs as being neckbeard redpiller hate-filled mongrels. Lol.
- I think there are indeed serious issues that effect solely men.
- Let's look at divorce courts in many developed countries. Christ, they're f*cked. Men being robbed of every penny and losing their kids and assets and being driven to suicide. But it was probably a MALE judge that did that sh*t, using laws written by MALE politicians and all.
- It'd be really nice if a group of men could band together, pool their resources, link their minds, and start a coalition to fight for the rights of father's and husbands in a divorce court.
- I don't blame feminists for these issues like many MRAs do.
- If feminists want to only focus on female issues, that's fine. If each gender had a group dedicated to fixing their issues, that'd be okay.
- Problem is, many feminists don't let the men's groups operate in peace. That's what sucks. Why can't they exist in harmony? Feminists do fem stuff and meninists do men stuff? Why does it have to be a zero-sum game?
- Feminists hate and actively shut-down any attempts men make to fix their sh*t. (btw...if you want evidence for this, just ask).
- Wow, this TL;DR isn't even a TL;DR anymore. Anyway, I've said enough. Thanks for reading.
TL;DR of the TL:DR
Women face gendered issues. Men face gendered issues. Women are allowed to fight for theirs. Men aren't. And prevailing societal attitudes makes it such that women's problems are being fixed every day while men's problems are constantly swept under the rug.
There was a time I could write pages and pages of this stuff. About misandry in the media, or an inherent bias against men, or the sexism they face that everyone is completely blind to because we've done it for so long.
But that part of me is gone, along with the young high-school aged gamer.
Now I'm a mix of The Joker and Jimmy De Santa. I hate everyone, men, women, kids, dogs, cats, whatever.
And all I want to do is sit on my ass, masturbating and playing video games while I insult strangers.