Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I like that they are bringing characters together again, even though its the finale next week. They were too separated this season. I'm now a Bill-hater he's turned into such a cock. I hope we're not missing too much of Jason in season 6 since getting zapped somewhere.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Tuesday, Aug 21 2012, 12:32)
I like that they are bringing characters together again, even though its the finale next week. They were too separated this season. I'm now a Bill-hater he's turned into such a cock. I hope we're not missing too much of Jason in season 6 since getting zapped somewhere.

I 100% guarantee that Bill is just tricking the Authority. Or at least that's what he feels, but like the rest Lilith's blood is f*cking with his head, but in the end we'll see he's been waiting for the right time to strike, and become the new head councilor (or whatever they're called). I believe that's why he called Jessica's bluff to turn Jason. He knows she wouldn't do it. Of course this could just be in my head. I haven't really enjoyed Bill since season one. He's too much of a goody two shoes, and predictable. Eric on the other hand, is highly unpredictable. Ask that general that he snapped the neck of. I was really hoping that he'd burst into Fangtasia and kick some ass, to save Pam from the Authority goon squad. Maybe in the finale. Probably in the finale.

Speaking of the finale, anyone watch the preview? It looks like Jason is finally going to use all those vampire killing skills he learned in season 2.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

No deep insights or observations to relay on this last episode, things just seem hectic at this point. That Ancient Fairy was a hoot, hate that they killed her off so fast. Russel & Steve making a honkey (or whatever) sandwich out of Jason on Sookie's front porch was delightful and disturbing to me all at once. I almost audibly giggled when he was like, "GEt OFF'uh Me!"

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

I think he said hunk sandwich.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:44 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 27 August 2012 - 08:47 AM.

Season finale was f*ckin' hilarious. And what the f*ck was that at the end?

Also Tara and Pam kissing? HBO doesn't give a f*ck anymore. And that's kinda awesome. I do miss the more serious tone of first 2 seasons though.

I didn't want Russel to die, but if he had to, at least they got Eric to do it.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yea, when Tara and Pam started making out my initial response was "Awesome.", I did not see that coming but it was good. What the f*ck has Bill turned into? Is he a physical host for Lilith now or some sh*t? I'm also curious to know what it is they've really been drinking this whole time, I don't think it's really Lilith's blood for some reason. Was anyone else disappointed by Russel's death? It was really anti climatic.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, I was kind of taken aback by that. I actually had no idea this was the finale... normally they wrap things up very succinctly.

Sam's shift-sploding technique was all kinds of awesome.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I was disappointed by the finale and the buildup to the finale. Russel biting it, no pun intended, within the first 2 minutes and very lamely pissed me off. What was the point of "we harvest the Fae's blood"? He didn't even get to daywalk? He drains the oldest Fae there is, harvests her power, and then is killed 2 minutes later? What the f*ck, man?

What they should've done is kept Russel alive with the Fae's power in him and have him face off against the now reborn Billith.

Overall I was disappointed by this season as a whole. It just didn't...feel complete. I really hope season 6 is better. Except that's what, like, a year away?

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 15:18)
I was disappointed by the finale and the buildup to the finale. Russel biting it, no pun intended, within the first 2 minutes and very lamely pissed me off. What was the point of "we harvest the Fae's blood"? He didn't even get to daywalk? He drains the oldest Fae there is, harvests her power, and then is killed 2 minutes later? What the f*ck, man?

What they should've done is kept Russel alive with the Fae's power in him and have him face off against the now reborn Billith.

Overall I was disappointed by this season as a whole. It just didn't...feel complete. I really hope season 6 is better. Except that's what, like, a year away?

I feel you dude, Russel's sudden and quick demise pissed me off a little. I would have liked to see him face off with "Billith" or at least stick around for the first part of the next season. I was disappointed with this season in the beginning but the last few episodes saved it for me, like the fairy woman shooting out quadruplets in Merlotte's and then leaving as though nothing had happened, classic True Blood.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Guys, spoilers, please.

I think it's for the better that Russel died. They already had the season where he was the bad guy. He should've been killed off then, in my opinion, no matter how entertaining the character is.

Overall I don't think this was the best season. The story felt too disjointed, and many of the episodes felt the same. I can't name a particular episode outside of the finale that I'd actually call great.

Oh, and there goes my "guarantee" about Bill.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, the finale was great but I agree it hasn't been the best season, I wasn't keen on all this Authority stuff and now we have more of it to come by the looks of things with "Billith"

The last few episodes were picking up but the finale was the True Blood I missed, but one great ep per season doesn't sit well. I liked Russell and thought his death was a bit early but I agree it's time for a new bad guy.

The Pam and Tara scene was great, Sam is a badass and it's about time Alcide became packmaster. The fairy birth scene was really funny, I've always enjoyed Lafayette and Arlene.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Monday, Aug 27 2012, 15:18)

I had a sort of similar feeling. There were a few choice memorable moments but it was missing...something. I'm not saying this show is filled with layers of depth and well written dialog but it felt on the whole a bit light in the loafers this season.

One thing in particular, The Authority. What they ended up being and what I imagined them to be were very different things. Consider it a biased opinion if you will but what I envisioned was something much more elaborate and layered than what they ended up being. An assorted collection of oddballs sitting in a board room directly across from the one ancient artifact they're forbidden to touch in what appears to be a Home Depot Corporate HQ. The facility and membership felt lacking in some regards, for a shadow society that's been building it's power and influence over hundreds of years.

You also had a bit of an extreme going on this season as well. Where in last season seemed really hokey and over the top with the Sookie Romance bla bla and the Touched By an Angel cheesey ending, this Season was really over the top with gore and action sequences that felt a bit forced at times. I'm typically all for it but they've lost their balance in the storytelling somewhat and the shark feels very jumped from time to time.

That said, I'll still be around for next Season and whatever the hell they do with this Billith thing but aside from that strangely there are no real cliffhangers save that whole Sookie being promised to a weird "Warlow" vampire thingy or whatever.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Warlow was the only real Sookie storyline... and it wasn't even cliffhangered, it was just plain left out to dry. The season really lacked a cohesive storyline as we all remarked on earlier - there were about 8 separate plots all going on all at the same bloody time. So therefore we see less of our favorite characters, they interact less with each other, and we're left feeling like the opposite of Breaking Bad this season: All B stories and no A story.

That's how TV used to work when syndication was a thing and you wrote 23 episode a f*cking year, but come on. We're used to the top shelf camp and they're giving us mouthfuls of Adam West. Yuck.

If I'm not mistaken, each of the series so far have followed the plot of a book, haven't they? Did they just try to wing it this time? Because they shouldn't do that anymore.

And f*ck spoilers. Killing Russel like that was a waste of so much potential. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring him back. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they outright cancelled the show after this season. Someone dropped the f*cking ball.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 01:29)
Someone dropped the f*cking ball.

Speaking of, it was announced a few months ago the showrunner/creator Alan Ball was leaving his main role after this season, not sure if it's a good or a bad sign.

And yeah they loosely followed the books in earlier series but I've read them all and no similarities at all spring to mind this year.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

Firstly I do have to agree with Otter about the way-to-many subplots this season, it would've worked if given a lot more episodes. The Authority I had envisioned was something over the top as well, not some fortune 500 companies office building. complete with a random secretary that did f*ck all except die.
I felt generally let down that Jessica ( and other mains really) weren't more tied together. Considering last season we had a few scenes with her (Jess) and all we got this season was that red riding hood thing at the start...Meh.

Redhead favoritism aside they didn't need that smoke/fire monster storyline or Alcide pack master one either.
If they just had focused on the Authority as a main focal point and fully fleshed it out it could've been better.
Lastly they need to get the f*ck on with wrapping this sooki fairy storyline up, I'm getting sick of it. It seems like every season we a couple more things about her being a fairy and this or that.....it's enough already. Tell us that either Bill or Eric or some all powerful other vampire we still dont know about killed Jasons and Sookis parents and get it over with.
It's like that were-panther thing all over again, only longer

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I thought The AUthority was disappointing too. I was expecting some Illuminati type shlt. A secret group of vampires that control mostly everything should look and feel more intimidating than what was shown. I was expecting Illuminati type stuff. Like this

user posted image

Or something along the lines of the cult from Eyes Wide Shut. Not just a bunch of whiney airheads that sit around and talk politics.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 00:29)
Warlow was the only real Sookie storyline... and it wasn't even cliffhangered, it was just plain left out to dry. The season really lacked a cohesive storyline as we all remarked on earlier - there were about 8 separate plots all going on all at the same bloody time. So therefore we see less of our favorite characters, they interact less with each other, and we're left feeling like the opposite of Breaking Bad this season: All B stories and no A story.

That's how TV used to work when syndication was a thing and you wrote 23 episode a f*cking year, but come on. We're used to the top shelf camp and they're giving us mouthfuls of Adam West. Yuck.

If I'm not mistaken, each of the series so far have followed the plot of a book, haven't they? Did they just try to wing it this time? Because they shouldn't do that anymore.

And f*ck spoilers. Killing Russel like that was a waste of so much potential. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring him back. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they outright cancelled the show after this season. Someone dropped the f*cking ball.

The funny thing is that this season is way way better than season 4, which is incredible considering its huge flaws. I think the medium of TV is holding it back a bit, they have a huge cast of main characters and I think they are sort of obligated to make them do something every episode, thus all the terrible B-plots. Then obviously budget is another huge factor, which sort of made the finale especially embarrassing to watch, but also explains why the authority is so underwhelming. They looked like some basement office to a backwater government agency and they were run by like 8 nitwits, who were mostly traitors anyway. It really could have been so much cooler, but that could be applied to almost everything in this show.

What a waste with Russell too, that's the lamest death ever.

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Season 6 trailer just dropped. Still such a long wait.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

^ pretty excited at the prospect of never again seeing a clothed Stephen Moyer.

Tyler
  • Tyler

This is gonna take crackerjack timing, Wang.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

So far away. I might rewatch the series again to bide my time. Then again, Mad Men premieres soon.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

"I'm your #1 bitch."

Pretty much steals the best line from the opening episode this Season.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Luuuna!!!

I'm gutted. f*cking gutted.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 05:31)

Yo tambien!

I didn't really care about her character, but I've really grown to love that woman inlove.gif . She's a total nerd girl and a gamer and I want her to do well, gorram it. Now, we have to see Sam struggle with what to do about Emma and whether to keep her away from the wolves when Martha is her only surviving relative.

Oh, I wish I could care but I couldn't. cryani.gif

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 05:31)
Luuuna!!!

Sam just has consistently bad luck with women and relatives doesn't he?

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Season opener was weak, but the preview of what's to come looks good. The best bit was Jason talking to a non-present Warlo. I'm finding Sookie quite annoying since last season. I'm hoping they write some life back into her character.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:41)
"I'm your #1 bitch."

Pretty much steals the best line from the opening episode this Season.

I want to be a packmaster. Eating a human hand is a smallest of sacrifices for those perks.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I liked the last episode, and I like how this season is shaping up so far. I love that they've taken Bill to a place of no return - meaning that he'll never go back to being the same vampire mooning over Sookie that he was for the first 5 seasons. I think the most interesting story line so far is Jessica's, and DAW is really playing the hell out of her role. Poor Jessica is terrified of her maker, but at the same time, still loves him.

The balance between the Bon Temps characters and the vampires seem far more well balanced, unlike a couple of other season where some of the characters had storylines that didnt seem to work.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

f*cking Alcede. If you're going to make a character jarringly less sympathetic, do it seamlessly and over time and not completely out of the blue at the start of a new season.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

Best episode of the season so far. Cliff hangers were what made this show so exciting, and I can't think of a better one than Warlo sitting on top of Sookie, and a room full of Andy's unconscious fairy daughters.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

I hate fairies. They are fuggin' annoying to me. They are either club kids or valley girls.

And why the hell didn't the fae sisters try to defend themselves by using their light? After all it was a four-against-one situation, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users