TRUE BLOOD

316 replies to this topic
Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jun 28 2012, 21:40)
QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:52)
QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:35)
I do love the show, and the books, but there's something about the start of this season that I'm not sure about, I can't put my finger on it.

It all felt super disjointed, like a bad soap opera (redundant?) but as soon as Tara showed up at Sam's, I felt better.

The show's got to kill off some characters so we can focus on a smaller group. wink.gif

Agreed. Although I love the characters, do we really need to follow Sheriff Andy, and Terry for that matter. Terry's story looks like it's going somewhere, but it'll only probably get there at the end of the season.

We absolutely need Sheriff Andy.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Holy f*ck they killed that vampire kid

That was f*ckin' awesome!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Monday, Jul 2 2012, 07:19)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jun 28 2012, 21:40)
QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:52)
QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:35)
I do love the show, and the books, but there's something about the start of this season that I'm not sure about, I can't put my finger on it.

It all felt super disjointed, like a bad soap opera (redundant?) but as soon as Tara showed up at Sam's, I felt better.

The show's got to kill off some characters so we can focus on a smaller group. wink.gif

Agreed. Although I love the characters, do we really need to follow Sheriff Andy, and Terry for that matter. Terry's story looks like it's going somewhere, but it'll only probably get there at the end of the season.

We absolutely need Sheriff Andy.

I know. If they gave him an interesting story, like his addiction to "V", it'd be cool. But so far this season it just feels like filler. That said I spoke too soon about Terry, his story got interesting, and is actually going places sooner than I thought. And from the looks of the previews I might be wrong about Andy and maybe even Hoyt.

Tonight's episode was actually good. Best of the season do far. Anyone's Final Fantasy geekdom twitch at the mention of Ifrit?

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

When they entered the morgue, I kept flashing back to episodes of Scooby-Doo and B slasher movies. The ending was a perfect opportunity to yell ZOINKS. Also, where have I seen a motherf*ckin' smoke monster before? Hmm. This show is getting pretty ridiculous, but I'm still watching.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

I have to say the last 2 seasons were pretty good, which was better last or this one so far? So far Im liking this one better. Some of it does feel recycled, but it is not necessarily a bad thing. Tara has always been great and still is great even after she is a vampire

The most recent episode gave me a "WTF Moment!" Those crazy son of a bitches wearing the Obama masks almost killed Sam..But whew, they got the girl instead (I know I am mean tounge.gif ), but I do feel bad for Emma and I wonder whats is going to happen next.

As the season is half way over, it is time things are heating up to be real good biggrin.gif .

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

I wonder if vampires can get breast cancer? Someone should really check Jessica just in case. Am I right?

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yea you are probably right..It is too bad she lost her human life as a virgin.. biggrin.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

When is she finally gonna pull those ginger treats out anyways? I'm curious about what's going on under Tara's shirt too, her sex scene was hella lame and unrevealing. Meanwhile we've seen enough naked Sookie to last another season. I'm glad that shifter lady blessed us with a viewing before she ate the dust

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

The sh*t has hit the fan. The last couple episodes turned me around on this season. Too bad about Chris Meloni. At least we get to see Russel unleashed.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, been super fun.

Although, it was an odd choice not to show us Guardian's true death.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

I really hope that Roman isn't actually dead. I know he must be, but that sucks! Also, Russel, in my opinion, is the best thing to happen to True Blood (besides Anna Paquin's lovely nude body), and I'm happy he is back.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Russell Edgington is f*ckin' fabulous.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Oh, yeah.

I loved the 'hate group' scene, in the last episode. My guess about everything is that probably is Lilith's blood they drank, but Lilith and Godric are just hallucinations spurred on by it. Godric is just Eric's subconscious. Oh and of course I think it's obvious that the vampire that killed Sookie and Jason's parents is one of three people. Eric (less likely), Bill (more likely), or Russel (most likely).

I think this past week after watching her in real life on G4 doing coverage of SDCC, I have switched from a Jessica man, to a Luna man. I can't resist a geeky girl, especially one that looks like Janina Gavankar.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

What, pray tell, makes her a geek? tounge.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, Jul 23 2012, 13:09)
What, pray tell, makes her a geek? tounge.gif

Well, I first saw this...

Not geeky enough? I then saw this...
http://www.g4tv.com/...kar/?quality=hd
She said, Assassin's Creed, and I officially had a celebrity crush.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

The reverend and Russell have made this season fun. If the show were just them and Andy I'd enjoy it that much more. Maybe the occasional cameo from Bill and Eric too. I could do without everyone else.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

...how many storylines does it take before it becomes a soap opera?

I can count 7 at this point.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 11:07)
The reverend and Russell have made this season fun. If the show were just them and Andy I'd enjoy it that much more. Maybe the occasional cameo from Bill and Eric too. I could do without everyone else.

Don't forget Jessica sexy dancing, or playing guitar hero.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

So Einstein was a f*ckin' fairy. Bahahahahaha

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 19:51)
...how many storylines does it take before it becomes a soap opera?

There's only 4 episodes left too, I'm still waiting for something major to actually happen. No doubt they will leave it until the last 20 minutes of the finale to set up some cliffhangers for the following season as usual...

It's a shame because I really do like the series and it has had some great moments, but there's still something about it as a whole that isn't blowing me away this time around.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:11 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 07 August 2012 - 08:53 PM.

The thing about this show is that there is a slow fuse before that last three or four episodes where the story explodes, in a good way.

Edit: RusSteve, the new power couple.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

You're right, it does get more exciting towards the end of the season, just hoping for a bit more to happen within the next few episodes.

The Russell/Steve and Pam/Tara pairings are probably my favourite. I'm glad Russell has broken out from the group now, it was getting a bit boring keeping them all in one place.

I haven't been keen on Sookie's fairy storyline, there has to be some kind of twist with who the vampire really is.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:49 AM Edited by meta187, 17 August 2012 - 02:04 AM.

I feel bad for neglecting the topic this long out into the current season but we finally got settled in at our new place and caught up on the episodes so I can finally chime in.

I read through the last few pages since my last post in here and I def agree with a few things.

Jessica: Still hot and wow she got a nice dramatic moment there in the diner with her goodbye to Hoyt.

Hoyt: Went to feeling sorry for him to disliking him intensely to strangely respecting him. lol at his mom calling Jess "Chee-Toh Head".

Tara: I def had my reservations with her being turned, I felt her dying would have added some depth and weight to the series but she went from being the series whipping boy to kicking ass and looking sexier than ever. I approve of this revamp (I do not approve of this inadvertent pun).

Pam: Still gets the best lines and I like her unlikely chemistry with Tara. The flashbacks fleshed her out a bit more as well.

Eric: MMmmm I'm confused. Is he hallucinating? Is he convinced? I thought for a moment that Bill was actually putting up some sort of hologram of Lillith from his observation control panel but it seems like Eric and his Sister were seeing the same thing. As I said, I'm confused.

Bill: He's gone full douchebag or so it would seem but even if he's just playing along leading them into some grand betrayal it was his super sh*tty idea to blow up the TruBlood factories and the fallout from that has been immediate.

The Authority: Kind of lame to be honest. I don't like that aside from the Guardian and one other member every one of them was down with taking Lilith's side so quickly. It would have been much more interesting to have more of them so their could be a more visible division when the thing with Russel was finally revealed.

Russel: I like how his old accent creeps in when he's angry. I didn't like him chomping on the kids neck in the bar. I know that was supposed to push my "OMG their killing kids!" button but what it really hit was my "OMG Count Fruity Pebbles is grabbing a little boy and looking like the spokesman for a MBLA jerk off fantasy at the moment." Wrong button.

Rev. N: Pretty damn funny to me now.

Sam: I like him better this season, that family business last season was really bogging him down. He seems to have more drive and purpose this go around.

LaFayette: Still a fav but they kind of wrapped up his business pretty fast this season. He's been kind of side liner these last few episodes.

Terry: The Ifrit business was a cool way to tap into yet another cultures mythology and once again proves that both the creator of this show and the writer of the novels borrow quite liberally from Whitewolf Games World of Darkness.

Jason: That goofy son of a bitch has won me over. "Awwwww" when he was crying in the cop car.

Andy: His ignorant dumb ass turned underdog comeback story is sort of winning me over as well.

Sookie: I dislike her more with every season. Fickle, scattered brained and downright slutty. It is very hard to root for her these days. I am interested in who this "Wallow" character is though. I'm thinking her Fairy God Mother may have had some sort of relationship with him.

Alcide: Seems like a cool dude. Seems like he's always getting the short end of the stick.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

Yeah, that moment in the car with Jason breaking down and crying when he pulled Hoyt over was sad and touching. Especially to those of us that have had to say goodbye to a bromantic relationship. But it made me realize how little Sookie and Jason spend together on screen. I'd enjoy both characters more if they both had more scenes together, instead of dealing with their problems on their own. We've been seeing a little more of that the past couple episodes.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Jason lifting up the doll's skirt had to be the directing masterstroke of the year. So many great touches like that in this past episode.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 05:17)
Yeah, that moment in the car with Jason breaking down and crying when he pulled Hoyt over was sad and touching.  Especially to those of us that have had to say goodbye to a bromantic relationship.

I was surprised. I didn't know we could expect moments like that from this show at this point. It's good to see some actual HBO quality.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 06:01)
Jason lifting up the doll's skirt had to be the directing masterstroke of the year. So many great touches like that in this past episode.

Ha, I noticed that too, I also liked when he got in a bewildered fighting stance after Sam and Lafayette ran those two rednecks out of the bar and one of them clipped his shoulder as he was walking in. He reminds me of a young George Bush.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 13:10)
QUOTE (Otter @ Friday, Aug 17 2012, 06:01)

Ha, I noticed that too, I also liked when he got in a bewildered fighting stance after Sam and Lafayette ran those two rednecks out of the bar and one of them clipped his shoulder as he was walking in. He reminds me of a young George Bush.

Speaking of small comedic touches. I think he was carrying some french fries when that happened and he actually ate the one that landed on his shirt.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

"When we die, we turn to goo?!"

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:35 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 20 August 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Russel wins the best line again!

Jason: Jesus!
Russel: I actually met him. He was a boring hippie who smelled of patchouli.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users