• Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Mike Tequeli @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 21:28)
The were-panther plot was really stupid, I'd prefer it if they dropped it entirely.

icon14.gif icon14.gif

Great possibilities completely ruined by poor execution.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

That I do think that was the thing about the were-panther sub-plot there with it being done just not terribly well.
In the end it came off like Deliverance like with this group of people almost completely isolated from the world, except for the V selling part.

Tyler
  • Tyler

keep your chin up out there

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:48 AM

It didn't really make sense considering they were in distance of Bon Temps and their first on-screen moment is dealing with Lafayette. The hostility of the group is played in here, but even then one of them gets completely f*cked up by a drunk Sam later on, for god's sake. Not to mention how f*cking agonizingly annoying Jason's love 'interest' was. More moodswings than a 500 year-old vampire that was turned while going through menopause, if you ask me.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Thursday, Sep 15 2011, 06:48)
user posted image
a 500 year-old vampire that was turned while going through menopause

On Topic- "Breed Ghost Daddy, BREED!"" will always hold a special place in my heart.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Sep 14 2011, 13:53)
Fun fact about the books: Retarded Elvis Presley vampire is in the books. They call him Bubba if I remember correctly. The story behind that is that Elvis was high when a fan of his turned him into a vampire, because he didn't want Elvis to die.

Yeah, Alan Ball said he'd never put Bubba in because it would just be way too cheesy, no way to pull it off. Ever notice though that in later episodes Jason was calling Hoyt Bubba? I think that must have been an easter egg or something.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

......sh*t, they could totally get Bruce Cambell to do it!!!

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

I'm surprised at all the talk of Season 3 being lame, I loved Russel Edgington and thought his was the most interesting plotline the show has come up with so far.

I thought this season was pretty good up till the finale. Felt like it was poorly handled and didn't really do much besides drop a few cliffhangers.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Russel is easily one my fav villains thus far. I actually thought the way they handled him in the end was a bit lame but I'm really partial to Season 2 for some reason.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Thought it was time to bring back this topic since there's some new season 5 teases coming out ready for the June 10 premiere. I can't wait for this season, looking a bit darker to me.

More videos here. There's quite a few pics on the Twitter page too. We'll finally get to meet the Authority; Chris Meloni from SVU and Peter Mensah from Spartacus looking good!

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

Nice, really hoping to be settled in next month (as I'll be in the middle of a move) in time to catch up with the new season.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Looking forward to Season 5, me and the wife just re-watched the first four so we would be caught up. She has a thing for Eric so I am thinking of banning her from watching....but I suppose it all evens out especially when that sexy redhead Jessica strips down to her underwear.

Looks like they are bringing in some interesting new characters this season, still haven't heard who is going to play Quinn who will probably be Trish's next t.v. boyfriend.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
  • Contribution Award [Gaming]
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Not sure how many of you watched the first episode of Season 5 but it was awesome. I forgot how much the series made me laugh, was a nice little opening episode too. Although obviously they answered nothing, but hell why would they with a whole series left.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

I was just thinking of reviving this topic myself. Yeah I thought the premiere was great, some funny one liners. It's one of the few series where I really like all of the characters, I just love Pam and I'm glad Tara appears to be 'alive'

As usual each episode will probably end on a cliffhanger but I thought it set the season up nicely icon14.gif

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

I love TB but this season opener was kinda...meh. It was good, but it all felt a little rushed. And, unlike last season's opener with Sookie in the fairy thing world, it didn't feel like a new season. Plus we all knew Tara wasn't really dead but still, it was pretty shocking in the season finale.

By the way, one of the upcoming episodes is called "Somebody That I Used To Know". Haha. I'm guessing the title has something to do with Bill and Eric leaving Sookie? Hmm. Lyrics seem to fit that type of scene.

"But you didn't have to cut me off.
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing.
And I don't even need your love but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.
No you didn't have stoop so low,
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
Guess that I don't need that though.
Now you're just somebody that I used to know."

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 02:42)
I love TB but this season opener was kinda...meh. It was good, but it all felt a little rushed. And, unlike last season's opener with Sookie in the fairy thing world, it didn't feel like a new season. Plus we all knew Tara wasn't really dead but still, it was pretty shocking in the season finale.

By the way, one of the upcoming episodes is called "Somebody That I Used To Know". Haha. I'm guessing the title has something to do with Bill and Eric leaving Sookie? Hmm. Lyrics seem to fit that type of scene.

And I don't even need your love but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.

Dude Bill and Eric left Sookie to her own devices in the very first episode...not to mention the fact that the Authority had captured their asses in the first episode too If anything the next episodes title probably has something to do with Tara or something to do with The Authority

@Kirsty - I agree with you, I like all of the characters but Pams one liners usually make me laugh the most.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

The reverend being gay and a vampire is without a doubt the best thing about this season.

Tara not being dead is the worst.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 12:40)

Dude Bill and Eric left Sookie to her own devices in the very first episode...not to mention the fact that the Authority had captured their asses in the first episode too If anything the next episodes title probably has something to do with Tara or something to do with The Authority

@Kirsty - I agree with you, I like all of the characters but Pams one liners usually make me laugh the most.

Still, they all had something special and just because they're pissed at each other doesn't mean those feeling went away.

Or maybe it has something to do with Tara. I don't know. I'm just speculating.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 08:50)
The reverend being gay and a vampire is without a doubt the best thing about this season.

Tara not being dead is the worst.

Agreed.

Like I said after the finale, I enjoyed Tara up until last season. She just lost all the character that made her enjoyable. The first scene of her in the series with her working at a wal-mart type store was gold. I audibly groaned when Sookie said, Turn her.

And Jessica is still hot.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

I dunno, I think this is exactly the best way to freshen up here character. I'm pretty stoked.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 23:54)

And Jessica is still hot.

Hot damn is she ever, god damn she might be the most attractive ginger I've ever seen, wooh lawd! I'm excited about tonight's episode, the premiere didn't do a lot for me, it felt much more goofier than usual but I've felt that way before about previous premieres and they always manage to pick up the pace and deepen the storylines. I'm thinking good ol' Russel might return tonight in some kind of ghastly form due to his lack of feeding. I love this show though, True Blood and Being Human are the two shows that show how sadistic and bad ass vamps would be if they existed, it takes a lot to counter all the gayness that Twilight has sprinkled on the genre

kevinbob
  • kevinbob

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I loved the season premiere of season 5! I'm not a big fan of the fairy thing, but I love how they added other supernatural beings to the show, like ghosts and witches. I wonder what Tara's gonna be like after becoming a vampire hmm....

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Is Tara just going to be a huge sulking bitch this season or what? Somebody needs to stake dat hoe.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Fnorg @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 19:15)
Is Tara just going to be a huge sulking bitch this season or what? Somebody needs to stake dat hoe.

Heh I was thinking the same, sure she got totally f*cked over and made into something she hates but damn it would be so awesome.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

Tonight's episode was pretty good. I wonder why 'fette is all of a sudden having those demon visions he had back with Jesus.

Sookie is acting pretty selfish. Asking for Pam's help again without fulfilling her end of the deal and lying to Alcide. Why wouldn't she tell him? Deb f*cking shot her best friend and tried to kill her too. And now because of her, said best friend is what she hates most and is now suicidal. Great. Jason seems to be showing some restraint on his sex addiction. Plus the flashbacks of Pam and Eric are pretty good. Interesting to see how they first met. I'm also guessing the Pelts are gonna be gunning for Sookie if Alcide tells them. He probably doesn't care what happens to Sook now.

Overall good episode.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm starting to fall back into the, "why am I watching this" mood. It guess it's just habit at this point.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I do love the show, and the books, but there's something about the start of this season that I'm not sure about, I can't put my finger on it.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:35)
I do love the show, and the books, but there's something about the start of this season that I'm not sure about, I can't put my finger on it.

It all felt super disjointed, like a bad soap opera (redundant?) but as soon as Tara showed up at Sam's, I felt better.

The show's got to kill off some characters so we can focus on a smaller group. wink.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Olympics
    Best Bae 2015

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 20:52)

It all felt super disjointed, like a bad soap opera (redundant?) but as soon as Tara showed up at Sam's, I felt better.

The show's got to kill off some characters so we can focus on a smaller group. wink.gif

She better do because there's too many damn pop ups. Throw in some killing and more visions of Pam's flash backs all seasons and I'll be happy at this point.

Also, I've heard that this season there's going to be a Sookie doppelgänger....

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jun 27 2012, 12:52)

Agreed. Although I love the characters, do we really need to follow Sheriff Andy, and Terry for that matter. Terry's story looks like it's going somewhere, but it'll only probably get there at the end of the season.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

The first two episodes of this season were really ADD but I feel like its getting back on track and it's starting to feel more "together" now. Also, I'd really like it if Jessica Hamby whipped them tatas out this season, there has to be a pretty high demand for this among male viewers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users