• United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

Great episode yet again this week. So many things to think about I can't remember them all.

Not too many shocks, I thought Jason was a goner! I wish there was more of Sookie in this episode, though, she didn't seem to say much. I was really urging her on during the scene with the circle and the vamps almost running into the forcefield.

Anyone think that the story with Andy and the fairy, could it be that she wanted to mate? There's something in the books about Sookie's background and fae breeding with humans.

I still have an aching feeling that more characters will die, I just can't choose which one. For some reason I have a feeling that something will happen with Jesus, like will the demon thing mean he has to save either himself or Lafayette?

I'm actually really glad they have the storyline with the wolves/shifters too. Because there is less magic and all that stuff involved, it feels more real. I reckon Alcide will now have to become packmaster.

I'm really excited for the finale, but not looking forward to the show ending for another 9 months. It's almost guaranteed that we'll be left with an array of cliffhangers!

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:30 AM

Fantastic episode once again!

There seems to be so many plot lines going off, that it is certain that they'll carry these on to Season 5. There is no way they can end some of these in the finale next week.

I certainly did think that Jason was going to be the next character to be killed off, but he is one of the main characters. Sookie seemed rather quiet this episode, I too was willing her to break the circle, but of course they'd have you on the edge of your seat!

I also thought that she would have somehow used her powers when being circled by flames.

There certainly is a plot line involving Jesus and Lafayette there, not sure exactly how they are going to wrap that one up.

I didn't really see that coming with Alcide and Sam. I assumed Sam would be the one to kill Marcus by loosing control. But it seems not. Now that Alcide has cut loose with Debbie, is he after sookie now?

Having only just got into true blood this season, and having plenty of time to catch up. I'm already longing for them to start Season 5 already! They should do a few more than 12 episodes.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Tuesday, Sep 6 2011, 00:17)
Anyone think that the story with Andy and the fairy, could it be that she wanted to mate? There's something in the books about Sookie's background and fae breeding with humans.

That's what they do in folklore, they kinda.. rape people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy
http://en.wikipedia....eling:_The_Lost (White Wolf's mythology, see meta's post)

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

Verrrry good season finale. I mean like holy sh*t.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:29 AM Edited by meta187, 12 September 2011 - 12:29 PM.

Yea, there's a lot to go over. And as we predicted, they left quite a few choice cliffhangers at the end of this one.

Just a brief summary for people who've watched it, though reading an entire summary under spoiler tags could get pretty annoying so suffice it to say,

SPOILERS AHEAD! DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT ONE WHO LIKES TO BE SPOILED!
  • Sookie: I really liked how things seemed to be less and less about her this season. I started to get the sickly sweet Touched By An Angel vibe with that after school special part with Marnie sort of exposing herself to be, well...frankly, a bit lame as far as a TB Season's main villain goes and that teary reunion with her Gran but with everything that came afterwards they really pulled it back to grim consequences. She also got some points back with me when with little hesitation, she f*cking blasted Debbie all over the kitchen floor. Which of course leads us to...

• Tara: A few of you got your wish it would seem, I really like her character though and think it's a sh*tty way for a character who's already been through a world of sh*t to die. I think the conversation about her and Sookie growing old together was nice, careful foreshadowing. Of course some will say there's a chance she could live, that a vampire could come and give her blood right in the nick of time but honestly that looked like a pretty serious and immediate head wound. If they want to cash in on that "Holy sh*t, did they really just execute Ned Stark!" like shock appeal they'll simply keep her dead next season.

• LaFayette: looks like I got my wish and Jesus bit the big one. I do feel bad about Lafayette having to lose two people very close to him in such a short space of time. There's also the little issue with Jesus's demon being passed on to him that they haven't addressed, guess we'll just have to see on that one.

• Jessica: You finally got to see her boobs! Let it not be said there were no happy endings this season. inlove.gif

• Jason: Who gives a f*ck about any of that stuff with him and Hoyt?! Steve Newlin is a f*cking vampire!? Don't invite him in!

• Sam: More trouble with wolves it would seem. I do like how the writers were a bit self conscious about coming off cheesy with his final bit and worked it into the dialog, kind of tapped on the 4th wall with that one.

• Pam: Got the best line in the season.

"I am so over Sookie and her precious fairy vagina. And her unbelievably STUPID name!"

• Andy: Awwwwww. Hope he gets a heartwarming b.j. to go with that awkward hug. Still curious about the fairy f*cking in the forest. [/alliteration]

• Terry & Arlene: Two weird things going down. Terry's old war buddy looked visibly upset when he told him he had a wife, possibly jealous? Then of course you had that sh*t with Rene's ghost, that was bananas.

• Alcide: Him finding Russell Edgington's broken chains in the parking garage in his last scene has pretty much dwarfed any importance whatsoever with his storyline by comparison.

• Eric & Bill: Joined at the hip it would seem. Having to kill off Nan with a death sentence being placed on their heads by the AVL has left a lot up in the air. I'm not really sure how that will factor into the main story going forward.

I suppose that's about it for now from this end. Overall, I think it was a decent season and it gave me reasons to want to watch it again next year. Thoughts?

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

Season 4 finale spoilers, obviously.

Only left me wanting more - especially with Bill and Eric's side of things. Motherf*cking Russell breaking out just as they've got a price on their heads and nan meets the true death? Sookie is thrown farther into the tragic life that is a faery? Steve the f*cking vampire? Good stuff.

On the flipside, Andy's story isn't too enthralling at the moment. Terry and Arlene are dragging on a bit - especially with the cop out of Rene coming to tell Arlene that she's facing trouble from Terry. I feel for Lafayette - thankfully his lucky ability means we'll probably see a lot of dead people next season. Sookie telling Bill and Eric that they can't be together works, though I feel it's a bit forced to move Alcide in next season - especially with Debbie getting blasted the f*ck into an oven door.

Either way, I'll be watching next season - especially if we're going to see some more Jason storyline. Little Red Riding Topless and Steve Newlin are awesome characters.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Like the others PROBABLE SPOLIERS AHEAD...

Every season I say the same goddamn thing the episode before the finale. "I'm done with this show.". And every year they come up with an amazing finale.

I loved Tara's character up until this season. She didn't take sh*t from anyone. But this season, she never really demonstrated her sassiness I've come to love.

Jessica is hot. Period.

And mother f*cking Betty Blue! Fans of "the Unit" know what I'm talking about.

M. H. Hunter III
  • M. H. Hunter III

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:32 AM

I think you were looking for 'Cool Breeze' but I know what you're on about. wink.gif
Miss that show too, cancel that show for what? Another reality series or dramatic comedy....pssh.

OT: Spoilers and such below

Jessica in that red riding hood outfit really worked and we saw another scene with her already the finale is looking up. smile.gif
Certainly brings something new having her in scenes now, despite sookie being easy on the eyes it seemed almost every sex scene she was a part of. Glad to see a mix of people now.
I'm taken back that Jesus and Tara died, although being more taken back by Jesus rather then Tara who I never was a huge fan of really.

The whole cliffhanger of Russel vs/ Bill/Eric does seem a bit of another rehash of season 3, but maybe they can make it a bit more interesting with the AVL & Authority mixed into it all.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Guys, it is no use saying spoilers and not using the spoiler tags. Use spoiler tags. Please edit all your posts with spoiler tags.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:03 PM Edited by meta187, 12 September 2011 - 01:08 PM.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 09:53)
Guys, it is no use saying spoilers and not using the spoiler tags. Use spoiler tags. Please edit all your posts with spoiler tags.

If someone reads the opening of my post prior to reading the rest I would assume common sense would prevent them from reading further.

However, let it not be said I'm one to set a bad example. I applied the spoiler tags though they do have a slightly different effect on a formal LIST tag and simply black font the text until you run a cursor over it.

@darth: We're on the same page, every time I feel like this show has "jumped the shark" or whatever it pulls me back in with some crazy unexpected sh*t in the finale.

On the subject of Jessica, it's crazy what a metamorphosis she's undergone since her first appearance. In her first few episodes she was totally not sexy and quite annoying, now she's one of the show's biggest draws.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:04 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 12 September 2011 - 03:47 PM.

Am I the only one who thinks the finale was f*ckin' stupid? This whole ghosts and afterlife sh*t is ridiculous.

Although Eric was hilarious: "Excuse me! We're feeling a little crispy up here"

Jessica's boobs were nice though. That's probably the biggest reason to continue watching this show next year. I hope they tone down the afterlife bullsh*t. That's why people don't watch Ghost Whisperer, and that's what people mostly hated about the finale of another TV show. If you watched it you know which one that is, if you didn't, I'm not gonna spoil it for you.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 00:32)
I think you were looking for 'Cool Breeze' but I know what you're on about. wink.gif
Miss that show too, cancel that show for what? Another reality series or dramatic comedy....pssh.

Oh, yeah, I always get those two call signs mixed up, and it's been a few years. I'd never mix up Snake Doc, and Dirt Diver. Hammer head and Red Cap on the other hand, I completely forgot those ones, and had to go to wikipedia to find those ones.

@GTAvanja, so vampires and werewolves are believable about and/or not stupid? On top of that, people don't watch Ghost Whisperer cause it sucks, and I enjoyed the ending of Lost.

About the spoilers, I don't think I said any in my last post, even though I said there would be.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Holy sh*t what an episode, more cliff hangers though! Season 5 cannot come quick enough!

I didn't really expect Jesus to be written out, but considering his storylines have pretty much run out there isn't much else they can do for it.

Loving how Sookie has become more assertive and appears to have more control over her powers, blasting debbie with the shotgun . That has got to be a hard decision for her to make, but there doesn't appear to be no other way.

Tara had lost alot of her confidence this season, but given what has happened to her it isn't really a surprise. We all assume her to be dead . But ending it there is certainly a cliff hanger.

It certainly looks like Russell is back for next season, so could prove interesting or just S3 all over again.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:48 PM Edited by meta187, 12 September 2011 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 18:07)
It certainly looks like Russell is back for next season, so could prove interesting or just S3 all over again.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he lays low and they wait a season or two to have him really come back into the picture, with maybe a few little teasers to remind you he's there.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 18:39)
@GTAvanja, so vampires and werewolves are believable about and/or not stupid? On top of that, people don't watch Ghost Whisperer cause it sucks, and I enjoyed the ending of Lost.

I enjoyed that ending too, but not as much as I would have enjoyed a more scientific explanation.
Ghost Whisperer does suck, because the whole idea of the show sucks. It can never be good, with any budget, actors, production. It will always suck.
And I don't mind werewolves and vampires because in most cases they're a part of the same package. I don't particularly mind magic either. It's not about what they introduced, it's about how they introduced it. It all looked so cheep.

M. H. Hunter III
  • M. H. Hunter III

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

Just had a quick thought about Season 5 a possible theme or even the proper storyline:

With Russel now freed from his concrete prison by some method perhaps he joins bill/eric to deal with the AVL & Authority since they all are marked for death by those groups. Russel for his brutal and quite public human killing of a news anchor on live TV, and Bill/Eric for mishandling of the Necromancer situation.
Although that does mean Eric/Bill killed a potential ally for calling them puppydogs.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

So many things happened in the finale it's hard to process them all! A fantastic ending though, tied up some loose ends but opened a lot of new plots for Season 5.

At some parts I was moved, like with Sookie and Tara in the kitchen. Some parts I laughed, fairy vagina tounge.gif and most of the time I was in shock! A very tense episode and I just can't wait, again, for season 5.

Some arcs for next season I can think of are:

Sookie - I just don't know about this one..each season seems to be less and less about her or simply taking her in a different direction to the other main cast. I don't think shes going to accept Alcide's offer, but they might get closer because of what happened with Debbie. Maybe it will draw her into more of the were/shifter world instead of vampires for a change.

Lafayette - does he still have the demon inside him?

Andy - the mystery fairy, is she gonna have his baby?

Arlene/Terry - the old army buddy sure looked like there was something weird about him.

Alcide - something has to go down with him killing Marcus. I reckon he will get drawn back into the were life, maybe have to replace him as alpha.

Russell - who was the vampire that glamoured the security guard and freed him? He's obviously going to make a comeback, but maybe as an ally instead of a villain?

Sam - looks like trouble with werewolves that's going to tear him from the family life, I wonder who it was though.

Jason - lucky guy getting with Jessica, but I still believe the thing with the werepanthers isn't tied up, I think one of the girls are going to come back pregnant from when they gang raped him!

Bill/Eric - seems like they have a new found relationship, although I think I prefer the old love hate one they had. They are now wanted, so this could be the start of a vampire civil war that they are heading?

Reverend Newlin - Could he be undercover in the Fellowship of the Sun? Quite a shock to see him return, why did he go back to Jason?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 16:21)
Just had a quick thought about Season 5 a possible theme or even the proper storyline:

With Russel now freed from his concrete prison by some method perhaps he joins bill/eric to deal with the AVL & Authority since they all are marked for death by those groups. Russel for his brutal and quite public human killing of a news anchor on live TV, and Bill/Eric for mishandling of the Necromancer situation.
Although that does mean Eric/Bill killed a potential ally for calling them puppydogs.

I was thinking that exact thing, but then thought, Russell doesn't like Bill and Eric. Eric killed his boyfriend or life partner or whatever, and they both put him in the concrete. So because Russell is known to be the most infamous vampire thanks to the events of season 3, another theory I have is that Bill and Eric stay within the graces of the AVL by hunting Russell. I think it would be interesting if they teamed up, though.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

AHHHHGGG I am kind of pissed they decided to Kill Jesus and cliff hang Tara like that.

Overall it was good, I loved S4 a lot better than S3. S3 was taking my interest away from this show, but S4 finale brought it back.

True Blood has to compete some how with the other series, still this is the 3rd series Ive watched where things just fall apart.

With so many series "killing" loved characters, one might think it becomes less original each time. I do agree that can be the case, but the different ways they pull theses things off..really hits a emotional and psychological effect on me Hah tounge.gif .

Anyway I cannot wait for Season 5 of this series now. It has now got me interested again.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he lays low and they wait a season or two to have him really come back into the picture, with maybe a few little teasers to remind you he's there.

I have a feeling you're right, would be nice to find out / wrap up some of the other storylines that have been left for Season 5, and then bring him back in Season 6.

Andy - the mystery fairy, is she gonna have his baby?

I'm not entirely sure this storyline is wrapped up, I think we'll see more of this in the next season.

Sookie - I just don't know about this one..each season seems to be less and less about her or simply taking her in a different direction to the other main cast. I don't think shes going to accept Alcide's offer, but they might get closer because of what happened with Debbie. Maybe it will draw her into more of the were/shifter world instead of vampires for a change.

It does seem to be less and less about her, maybe being more involved with werewolfs and shifters as opposed to vampires maybe a different arc for season 5.

Jason - lucky guy getting with Jessica, but I still believe the thing with the werepanthers isn't tied up, I think one of the girls are going to come back pregnant from when they gang raped him!

I was hoping they'd of wrapped up or explained more about this before the season ends, it ended kinda abruptly like they didn't really know where to go with it.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 08:53)

I was hoping they'd of wrapped up or explained more about this before the season ends, it ended kinda abruptly like they didn't really know where to go with it.

I think it might be interesting if they weren't exactly right and it took much more time for Jason's possible panther lycanthropy to kick in and they pull that out at some unexpected inopportune time. That could be cool if they played it right and gave no hint of it in the previews.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

That would indeed be pretty cool, I do think that there is something within him still and it would be rather good if they did take a while to bring it on again. Maybe even towards the end of the season and do more with it in another season.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

After he escaped, I figured they'd take a few episodes off from it, and then Crystal or one of the other rapists would show up with a baby bump.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Well, I certainly won't rule it out. In the novels he turns immediately after the incident. Saving it as a possible future surprise seems like the right move.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

I hope they do something about it. At this point it seems they dropped the ball with that subplot. All we got out of that was Jason ending up with Jessica. And that could have been accomplished a lot easier.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

The were-panther plot was really stupid, I'd prefer it if they dropped it entirely.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Tuesday, Sep 13 2011, 20:01)
Well, I certainly won't rule it out. In the novels he turns immediately after the incident. Saving it as a possible future surprise seems like the right move.

They don't really have to bring it back straight away either, they can just drip feed it to you to show that it is still there. I noticed that its moved more away from just being Sookie, so are they moving to focus on another character or just more to all of them.

meta187
  • meta187

• Funny pics dealer
  • None

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

Well the novels by Harris are very much focused around Sookie, some of the major characters in the show are only minor ones in the novel, Tara for example is barely mentioned in the novel and plays no major role. I think Alan Ball has always been very character driven in his series and makes a point to give everyone a turn at bat as the shows go on. If you look at something like Six Feet Under, it felt very much like Nate Fisher was the main focus in the first two seasons but as things progressed every other character went through some major development and it started to feel like a true ensemble effort. I'm kind of hoping TB is moving in that direction.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

The novels were called the Sookie Stackhouse novels though? So they would be more based around sookie. I guess that they are trying to move away from sticking to the plotlines of the books? Gives them more creative control and allows them to expand the seasons well past when the books stop?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Fun fact about the books: Retarded Elvis Presley vampire is in the books. They call him Bubba if I remember correctly. The story behind that is that Elvis was high when a fan of his turned him into a vampire, because he didn't want Elvis to die.

That's how dumb the novels are. But my sister keeps reading them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users