Quantcast

» «
Photo

TRUE BLOOD

325 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:30 AM Edited by meta187, 05 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

I kind of waited a bit late in the week to comment on this last episode.

"BREED, GHOST DADDY, BREED!", will always hold a special place in my heart.

Oh and for some reason I think Bill's great, great, great granddaughter would be just fine with screwing him on the regular.

A little incest seems like a walk in the park after you've actively been bangin' a dead guy all week. tounge.gif

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I really hope we're nearing the end of the Hotshot plotline; it's dragged on for far too long, and Jason is way too decent a character to keep occupied with something as dull as it all season. I feel like they're overdoing things with too many plotlines, to the point that we only end up seeing some things that should be covered a lot more for about 5 minutes per episode, for example, how we only caught a glimpse of Hoyt and Jessica for two minutes at the end of the most recent episode.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:36 AM Edited by meta187, 24 July 2011 - 06:58 AM.

I thought the whole thing with Jason would have played out a bit cooler if he'd actually taken on his change and battled the panther pursuing him but they totally passed on that opportunity and added another sex scene instead.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 06:36)
I thought the whole thing with Jason would have played out a bit cooler if he'd actually taken on his change and battled the panther pursuing him but they totally passed on that opportunity and added another sex scene instead.

I'm not sure about that, I really hope Jason doesn't turn into some stupid panther, we need regular people on the show for contrast. It's a pretty useless ability anyway, look how far those inbred panther rednecks got with it. Jason not turning would violate the principle of Chekov's Gun, and thus he will turn, but I would much prefer if it turned out those hotshot folk had no idea what they were talking about.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:51 AM

This weeks episode was much more exciting than the last, finally some answers, or at least hints! It seems that one of the Sheriffs was involved in the plot with the ancient witch. Marnie (sp?) obviously has powers as we heard Gran, she seems a bit naive though and doesn't think the witch possessing her could be a bad one. I hope she uses her powers for the good in the end.

I'm interested in how they handle Jason's transformation. In the books he turns out to be some deformed hybrid or something, reckon they will just go with full panther to avoid the mess that could turn into?

While I love all the storylines they are adding and developing, like the Alcide and the packmaster, I kind of agree with what someone said earlier that there are so many plotlines its really hard to get attached to some characters. Are they really going to wait to the finale to give us some real answers? With True Blood, compared to other shows, I often end up thinking each season is spent setting up the following season and find myself wanting more each time, maybe it would be better to watch it all in succession rather than having to wait each week.

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Guys, I love TRUE BLOOD. I didn't noticed this topic till now, shame on me. I watched last night's episode and it's really getting more interesting. I might of missed some episodes so if you guys care to fill me in, please do. What is up with Sookie kissing Eric, what did I miss? Wasn't she marrying Bill? Then you have Stackhouse strapped to the bed in tremendous "pain" [yeah right] because he's getting more booty than the 501 Blues, honestly, I didn't know what was going on? [but man, I wouldn't mind being Jason... lol What a lucky bastard.] Lafayette still gay as ever, but I like his character very much cause he reminds me of this cat I know who lives down the street, and is also gay as hell, but cool. They're identical and compose themselves the same way. lol.gif

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

I'm starting to really like Jason now that he gets more time to shine in his scenes, before he just seemed a little too much like a dumb good olde boy for my liking. Also just the way Bill is holding himself in his new spot certainly gives a different aspect to him then we've seen before. And who also called Sookie falling for Eric, it just seemed like after seasons of sexual tension between the two they kissed. Not real fast moving but with Eric messed up still she can take it as slow as she wants.

Oh and I'm totally digging the Jessica blood induced sex scene Jason had. tounge.gif
Until the weirdness with Hoyt getting in there.
I'm sure Meta also couldn't help but smile at that too.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 21:19)
Oh and I'm totally digging the Jessica blood induced sex scene Jason had. tounge.gif

That's what I've been waiting for all season.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 06:19)
I'm sure Meta also couldn't help but smile at that too. [/color]

Dude, she is so hot! I love redheads. I'd totally let her bite me.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (pcguytech_2005 @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 04:47)
Guys, I love TRUE BLOOD. I didn't noticed this topic till now, shame on me. I watched last night's episode and it's really getting more interesting. I might of missed some episodes so if you guys care to fill me in, please do. What is up with Sookie kissing Eric, what did I miss? Wasn't she marrying Bill? Then you have Stackhouse strapped to the bed in tremendous "pain" [yeah right] because he's getting more booty than the 501 Blues, honestly, I didn't know what was going on? [but man, I wouldn't mind being Jason... lol What a lucky bastard.] Lafayette still gay as ever, but I like his character very much cause he reminds me of this cat I know who lives down the street, and is also gay as hell, but cool. They're identical and compose themselves the same way. lol.gif

If you're so confused about what's happening, maybe it'd be a good idea to go back and watch season three before season four? By the sounds of it, you've missed the entirety of the last season. You'll be seriously lost if you don't at least know how the plot has developed since the end of season two.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 04:19)

The scene with Jess was super hot, they've been playing snippets of it since the season previews. The thing with Hoyt had me crackin' up though I did see it coming.

And yes, there's a lot going on this season, everyone involved has some kind of wild side story. It might be cool to have one character worked in who's a bit more detached and living fairly normal circumstances until the last few episodes but it is what it is, I suppose.

I liked the thing with Sam's brother turning himself into a gator to scare off Andy, I fully expected a pit bull so that was a nice little surprise.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

I forgot to mention that the Sabrina and Charmed references were just awesome, considering I used to watch them both myself. And to you guys drooling over Jessica, I find Sookie is equally as attractive, I reckon there's some wild sex scenes with Eric coming up.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

I am slowly catching up with Season 2, it does seem to be taking it's time! Just watched episode ten now where Sookie has demonstrated her powers and I'm rather intrigued as to what these are.

Hopefully get caught up with them soon, so I can start watching Season4.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

I've been catching up on the new season since I came back from the States and I'm really enjoying it so far. Especially the fact that Eric is alot softer now he had that spell cast Plus what they did to Pam was really awesome, great character to do it to I am really disliking Bill though, but that was going downhill since the last season.

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Xeon  @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 08:07)
QUOTE (pcguytech_2005 @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 04:47)
Guys, I love TRUE BLOOD. I didn't noticed this topic till now, shame on me. I watched last night's episode and it's really getting more interesting. I might of missed some episodes so if you guys care to fill me in, please do. What is up with Sookie kissing Eric, what did I miss? Wasn't she marrying Bill? Then you have Stackhouse strapped to the bed in tremendous "pain" [yeah right] because he's getting more booty than the 501 Blues, honestly, I didn't know what was going on? [but man, I wouldn't mind being Jason... lol What a lucky bastard.] Lafayette still gay as ever, but I like his character very much cause he reminds me of this cat I know who lives down the street, and is also gay as hell, but cool. They're identical and compose themselves the same way.  lol.gif

If you're so confused about what's happening, maybe it'd be a good idea to go back and watch season three before season four? By the sounds of it, you've missed the entirety of the last season. You'll be seriously lost if you don't at least know how the plot has developed since the end of season two.

Indeed, I missed many episodes as stated in my previous post. I'm going to catch up on as many as I can. smile.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

I've just started into Season3 now, and I must say the ending to Season2 was pretty good. I'm liking now that Sam has found his own kind, and met with his parents / adopted family. I'm intrigued by the proposals and kidnapping put forwarded by the king and what effect this will have on Bill and Sookie.

I'm glad to see Lafayette back to his old self after his ordeal.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:16 AM Edited by meta187, 05 August 2011 - 03:29 PM.

There were a few choice things I liked in this last episode but it pandered to the vag fantasy a bit much for my liking. tounge.gif

I knew they weren't going to kill off Eric. I mean seriously, there goes half your female audience if you did.

Let me just say this one more time in regards to this show. Having sex on the dirty forest floor, sooooooo not sexy. Nothing says erotic like dry twigs poking you in the naked ass while ants crawl up your leg.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 09:16)
There were a few choice things I liked in this last episode but it pandered to the vag fantasy a bit much for my liking. tounge.gif

I knew they weren't going to kill off Eric. I mean seriously, there goes half your female audience if you did.

Let me just say this one more time in regards to this show. Having sex on the dirty forest floor, sooooooo, not sexy. Nothing says erotic like dry twigs poking you in the naked ass while ants crawl up your leg.

I knew that too, but mostly because Bill has become a pain in the ass and Eric is the only awesome dude left.

I'm almost disappointed nothing came of Jason's run-in. I figured perhaps something freaky could happen to him instead of the intended consequence.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

I dunno, I kind of liked that Jason remained normal. I mean, if he became a werepanther that would mean we'd have to see even more of Hotshot. And let's face it, Hotshot was totally lame, as were the ensemble of werepanthers. I also kind of like having Jason as more or less the only non-supernatural main character who isn't somewhat annoying.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

I just want to see Jessica's titties. That's not too much to ask for, is it? I want to see them bounce up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down...

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

@GTAVag: I'm with you on that.

Ok, so maybe you like spoilers maybe you don't but I did find a sort of episode synopsis guide yesterday outlining the events of the next four upcoming episodes so eat your heart out if you do.

http://www.tv.com/tr...45/episode.html

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:29 AM

So Tempting considering the cliff hanger just dropped on us.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

You guys are making it really tempting to start watching Season4, I've started on season3 now and have got up to Episode 5. Unfortunately the service I was using to watch them the links now don't work sad.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

FOR f*ck SAKE!

If Jessica dies the show will be dead to me.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

There was a gunshot after they cut from Jason to Jessica.

Jason shot the dude, and will football-tackle Jessica in the beginning of the next ep. icon14.gif

Or maybe not, who knows..

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Holy crap that was good. I literally had my hand over my mouth all during that end sequence. Brilliantly done, they are really getting down to business now, but I won't forgive them if any of them die.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (jelly @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 08:20)
There was a gunshot after they cut from Jason to Jessica.

Jason shot the dude, and will football-tackle Jessica in the beginning of the next ep. icon14.gif

Or maybe not, who knows..

That's what I expected before the cut to black.

And since nothing was really shown in the preview that would suggest anyone is dead, minus a random flash of Hoyt looking surprised, I still think it'll happen.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

Yeah if Jessica dies the series really would lose it's appeal, i mean watching sookie getting f*cked does liven it up a bit, but I've come to like the baby vampire. But like you guys I'm assuming that Jason is going to tackle her back in and thats how she falls for him possibly.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

There is no way Jessica will die, it seems unlikely both because of the preiews and from what we know about this universe. It would take a long while for a young vampire to die from sunlight, more than enough time for Jason to prevent it. You guys should prepare yourself for some main character death though, the cast is way too big and I think they confirmed someone won't make it out of this season.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Here's hoping it's Tara.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users