Quantcast

» «
Photo

TRUE BLOOD

283 replies to this topic
meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:18 PM Edited by meta187, 28 June 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Also that hasn't officially happened just yet. wink.gif

Only in a few dream sequences, thus far.

@Andrew: Yea, it's a pretty decent show once you get into it, I wasn't sure what to expect at first.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

I watched the opening of S4 last night and I have to say I was quite surprised. I didn't expect in the slightest to see that much of the Faery world in the first episode, and it was quite sci-fi when it turned out a year had passed when Sookie got back. I was kind of disappointed how everyone reacted to it and for her to just agree to saying it was 'vampire business' - all the characters are so close on that show and to think she had died, I'd be pissed!

Tara turning to girls - another surprise but it kind of works well Bill your majesty? I want to know what happened to the Queen!

There wasn't much that was 'funny' during this episode, I usually have a giggle at it, but I think the only part I laughed at was when you thought Sam and his group are going down for an orgy and they turn into horses lol.gif

I would say it set up the season nicely though, introduced all the main characters again leaving lots of questions I assume will progess/be answered eventually.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (MissCloud @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 12:37)
There wasn't much that was 'funny' during this episode, I usually have a giggle at it, but I think the only part I laughed at was when you thought Sam and his group are going down for an orgy and they turn into horses lol.gif

I just kept imagining a bunch of drunk horses running through the woods which made it all the funnier. biggrin.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

I've just started Season2, and thought that immediate continuation from season 1 was a good idea. Although at first I thought they'd changed the actor for Bill, he looked different to what he did in season 1. Just trying to catch up quickly so I can then watch season4!

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 22:01)
I've just started Season2, and thought that immediate continuation from season 1 was a good idea.

My wife and I were sort of in between shows when HBO put Season 1 On Demand after a few episodes we were pretty hooked and ended up watching all of them in about 5 days. A week later Season 2 started so it was a good way to get into it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

Just watched the second episode on HBO GO.

"Is someone licking me?!"
"it's just me mister Jason."

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 06:16)
Just watched the second episode on HBO GO.

So pissed our carrier isn't participating with that, at least we have a new episode to look forward to on Sunday.

majorhawke
  • majorhawke

The living-dead Kennedy's

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

Who knows, she might end up with bill? damnit, now im gonna watch the show again thanks to you guys cool.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

Like I have been with this show the entire run, and previously stated on the first page, I'm still on the fence about it. I'm watching it, but I still don't know if I love it, or just watch it out of habit. If anything I watch it for Jessica. I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for a redhead.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (majorhawke @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 04:08)
Who knows, she might end up with bill? damnit, now im gonna watch the show again thanks to you guys cool.gif

If your sole motivation for watching is that Sookie and Bill may end up together, you're likely going to be very sorely disappointed.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

I'm currently up to EP4 of S2, and I am curoious as to what Terras lady friend is and how Daphene knows about Sams ability.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

S2 may be one of my favorite seasons so far, you're in for some craziness. wink.gif

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 00:13)
S2 may be one of my favorite seasons so far, you're in for some craziness. wink.gif

Really? I thought Season 2 was by far the weakest. It's like they introduced Maryann just to increase the amount of sex they could squeeze into each episode. Sure it had it's moments, but I don't think it held up to Season 1 or 3.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

It definitely had the biggest written in excuse for gratuitous sex but a few of the defining scenes in that season that really did it for me were (and I'll keep it vague here) how Sam dealt with Maryann in the last episode, Godric's final decision and the hilarious way Andy and Jason dealt with the brainwashed worshipers.

I will say Season 3 was a strong contender but that final episode let me down a bit.

Xeon 
  • Xeon 

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

I preferred Season 3 to Season 2 quite a lot. The whole Maryann plotline just seemed to drag on for so much longer than it should have.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

?! Panther Jason?

?!? Loboto-Eric?

?!?!.

?! orly.gif

Fff, what am I supposed to say. Episode 3, please. This show is still great entertainment. icon14.gif

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

Agreed and Agreed.

I usually don't watch these vampire shows but my wife's undying loyalty to it tempted me to watch a few episodes, which in turn made me have to watch the entire series. I had the initial opinion that it was going to be some Twilight spin off but I have been pleasantry proven wrong.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:53 AM Edited by MissCloud, 06 July 2011 - 04:16 AM.

Just watched episode 2. Edit: Oops meant Ep 2.

I am extremely disappointed they killed off the Queen, I enjoyed her subplot in the books with Sookie's cousin, shame about that.

I think they did Jason being bitten by panthers really well for CGI.

The witch story line is going to be fun, did you see the head witch's face turn into someone else? I want more wow.gif

I thought the scene with Punk Bill was a bit long, but it showed how he has kind of been undercover all along, makes me like him a bit less!

I'm glad they are exploring shapeshifters more and wow I love Pam and her outfits. I don't want to sound all feminist but the female characters in this show are just awesome. I want to live in Bon Temps.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:14 AM

It feels like too much changed in that one year period. Granted a lot happened at the end of last season, it just feels like more time has gone by than they say.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:15 PM Edited by meta187, 06 July 2011 - 07:29 PM.

QUOTE (MissCloud @ Wednesday, Jul 6 2011, 02:53)
I am extremely disappointed they killed off the Queen, I enjoyed her subplot in the books with Sookie's cousin, shame about that.

I think they did Jason being bitten by panthers really well for CGI.

The witch story line is going to be fun, did you see the head witch's face turn into someone else? I want more wow.gif

I thought the scene with Punk Bill was a bit long, but it showed how he has kind of been undercover all along, makes me like him a bit less!

I'm actually very happy they got around to showing how that thing between Bill and The Queen played out though I do wish the fight had been longer and a little more tooth and claw.

The thing with the panthers was pretty decent and looked genuinely painful.

I did see the change in her face and it was pretty damn creepy. I kind of wonder if that was just a random flash or if there will be a defined entity behind all of that.

I liked hearing Bill talk in an accent as his actual speaking voice is quite English so it was fun to hear him do something else.

@darth: I agree somewhat, a few things seemed a bit strained under the timeline. Jason being an upright responsible police officer in uniform when the last thing we saw Andy tell Jason in Season 3 was "You messed up your chances of ever being anything", Tara being back in a serious relationship, Bill being King with a full on MTV Cribs abode. It seems like the show is doing a number of poignant flashbacks to make up for lost time though so good on them.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

OK, this might be a spoiler so I'll put it in tags. It's interesting. It's about the translation of that witch spell from episode 2.

Apparently she commanded all evil spirits to exit. So Eric is good now? Innocent? He seemed to be. That would be a great twist IMO.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

That would make sense vanja, it works with the story they are taking from the books where Eric gets amnesia, giving him a more 'likable' version of himself. Although personally I am liking Eric more than Bill at the moment, he seems to have become very cocky, whereas Eric's ways of caring for Sookie might seem forceful I still believe he genuinely does.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I am slowly catching myself up to season 4, I've got about 3 episodes left in season 2 then onwards to season 3. I'm rather interested in the out come of Maryanns involvement in the chaos in Bon Temps and what her obsession is with Sam I'm intriuged by how Sookie will act around Eric now, after having to drink his blood and how that works with bill.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:14 AM Edited by meta187, 13 July 2011 - 06:44 PM.

@GK: Season Two cues up really nicely for Season 3 and they set it up well, you'll have a blast watching that.

*This week was pretty good. It's crazy that Eric munched down Sookie's fairy Godmother but his "D'Oh" expression was priceless.

I'm glad they are following up on that thing with the creepy doll in the house, I thought that was a loose end they were going to leave hanging from the previous season but once again the writers didn't let me down. Really interested in seeing how that unfolds.

I actually feel bad for Jason, being raped repeatedly by a bunch of inbreds would probably lose it's charm after the 2nd or 3rd session.

And strangely, I like this colder more assholish King Bill. He seems more like himself now, without the bullsh!t pretense of being the nice guy.

The whole thing with the head witch is properly creepy, as it should be.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

To me, Eric is a lot more creepier now. Before you knew what you could expect from him. Now he's basically out of control.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Tuesday, Jul 12 2011, 08:14)
@GK: Season Two sets up really nicely for Season 3 and they set it up well, you'll have a blast watching that.

I'm looking forward to catching up so I can watch S4, It just finding the time to watch them. Someone mentioned something about books for the series, are the books any good and worth reading?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Tuesday, Jul 12 2011, 08:44)
I'm looking forward to catching up so I can watch S4, It just finding the time to watch them. Someone mentioned something about books for the series, are the books any good and worth reading?

My wife's read all of them and they go a lot further down the road than the series thus far, there are about 11 or so. The series is pretty fast and loose with the original story apparently and makes a lot of changes for the show. Some major characters in the show are only minor characters in the book, as well.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

That's quite alot of books then! TV series have always got to have poetic licensing with things and change things around. Might have to pick the first few books up and give them a read.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Watched Ep3 last night, wow it really is unfolding now. I'm quite excited about the Eric story line, he's playing the part really well. The thing with the witches is getting quite creepy indeed, I'm glad the story involves some regulars like Tara and Lafayette instead of a completely new set, it keeps their characters interesting and connected to the rest of the townsfolk.

The creepy doll and creepy baby I think are something to watch out for, we could be in for a shock with these two. The 'minor' subplots they introduce usually set up future episodes and seasons.

For some reason I don't think Claudine is dead. I have a feeling she was a kind of apparition, and perhaps it will start a war?

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (MissCloud @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 01:32)
For some reason I don't think Claudine is dead. I have a feeling she was a kind of apparition, and perhaps it will start a war?

Not sure I'm sold on that but in the book she dies but in a completely different way a few installments from the book they are currently focusing on, fighting off evil Fae or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users