Photo

TRUE BLOOD

325 replies to this topic
Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

My interest in this show is at the bare minimum. The show from Season 1 to now, changed so much... I mean I made it this far on the show, might as well finish the last season.  lol

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ĉon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:52 PM

The last two episodes have been straight up terrible. This season sucks. I've lost interest. Done watching. Shame how downhill this went.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Oh come on. This week's episode was awesome. Eric was at his best. "Pam tells me you wrote a book in which you claim not to be an asshole anymore. Is this true Bill?" Great line :D

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Of The Coming Ĉon

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

If you like terribly written dialogue and pacing along with major or side character deaths with little to no significant aftermath then good for you. I don't.

Thankfully Penny Dreadful has been pretty good in its first season so that will take over TB for me. It's a damned shame TB got so bad to the point where I dropped it.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

I still hate that they killed Alcide :(

Just crossing my fingers that nothing happens to Eric, hate to see him so weak

I hated the Warlow deal last season because they downplayed his character so much.  Russell Edgington terrorized sh*t for 2 seasons when he was the most powerful being on the show.  Warlow, Lilliths progeny, daywalking vampire, oldest and even more powerful than Russell basically shows his true strength and evil and dies in the same episode.  Very dissapointed.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

I hope Eric is the only one that lives. At the end of the Day, I want to believe he's still alive a thousand years from now.
  • Toke and Thisguyherenow like this

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

YES !!! I really could care less who else dies as long as they don't kill Eric lol

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Bill you stubborn ass smh

Well, at least Eric is cured :)

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm really enjoying the last season a lot. Not knowing if the main characters are gonna make it to the end is kind of exhilarating. And I can't believe that I've grown fond of them so much. I would be really bummed if Eric or Bill died. It's like darthYENIK said, I want to believe that they'll live on for another thousand years.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I really don't care about Bill. Him and Sookie are completely uninteresting. The supporting cast is much more entertaining. I'd rather follow Jason and Andy than those two.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sookie is boring incarnate. But I like vampire Bill.

• Toke likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think this is possibly turning onto one of the best seasons out of the last few. It's both a shame and a good thing they are doing it for the final one. 

It was a bit iffy at first, I think the deaths of the major characters were sh*t, especially Tara who has been there from the beginning. Even her follow up with Lettie-Mae's V trip, I guess it resolved her personal and anger issues with her mum, but I would have liked to have seen her have a bit more final screen time with Sookie and the other Bon Temps characters, as well as with Pam as her maker.

It's getting good and suspenseful now though. I especially don't want Eric, Pam, Bill and Sookie to die, although I have feeling Bill will and she'll end up with Eric, or maybe she'll even die herself...that would certainly put an end to the series, unless she became a vamp. Sookie might be boring to most but I've always liked her as the central character. 

They seem to be 'wrapping up' a lot of side character's lives, like I think Sam is going to go off and be happy with his girlfriend and baby, Andy getting married etc. Perhaps we'll just have a Six Feet Under-esque ending where they show us all the characters have actually left Bon Temps in some form or another. And of course a cliffhanger at the final scene...

TEoS
  • TEoS

Prepare for trouble...

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't mind Sookie until she was a fairy. Sorry HBO, you can't just make Rutger Hauer a fairy to try and change my mind. Fairies are lame.

I do miss vampire Bill shouting SOOKEH 10 times an episode though.

• The Yokel likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 4 weeks ago

This show has gone places over the seasons that it can never recover from. I'm sticking it out until the end but I will be glad when it's done. SOOKEH

• darthYENIK and The Yokel like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 4 weeks ago

SOOKEH indeed. Damn, I wanna meet someone with that name just so I could say it for real once.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's really tidyin' all up. Lookin' to be an epic showdown.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I predict that Jason moves to Alaska with the girl.  Hoyt stays in Bon Temp with Jessica

I'm afraid that Eric will do something like sacrifice himself to save Sookie forcing Bill to cure himself and end up with Sookie in the end :(

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The Yokel, 3 weeks ago.

Series finale was a big meh. Really bland. I expected more. It kind of went against its own nature as a completely nuts show. It was too empty. Devoid of everything that made the show fun to watch.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoilers, obviously, guys:

I'll see your 'meh' and raise you a 'f*cking stupid'. Not only is so much valuable time given to humming and hawing over choices, but others are made in blind instants, and Jesus, if they were gonna kill him at least have the decency to end the story there instead of a pointless flash forward and so e random nobody is revealed after a long, slow, panning, reveal shot. What a joke. Was really hoping she'd find a way to convince him, to give it a proper happy ending instead of this bullsh*t, tacked on, blechery.

I enjoyed the dispatching of the Yakuza (The shot of Eric driving with the bodies in the back seat was fantastic) and the fate of Sarah. That's about it. The rest was just... f*cking stupid. Damnit.
  • Toke likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

In addition the the fact that it's finally over, this was my favorite part of the finale.

Spoiler
  • Otter, The Yokel, Toke and 1 other like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yes.
That and Jason donkey-kicking the door closed.
  • Voodoo and Toke like this

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Zentornooooo !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It was basically just an hour of Bill dying, than Bill's death. 

Meh, at least Eric survived :)

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I say this every f*cking year. I'm done with this show. This time it's not my decision. Of course, every season finale I was usually pulled back in by something big.

This whole season was just boring.

I wish they'd do a spin off of just Eric, Pam, and Ginger. It could be a comedy.
  • Voodoo and The Yokel like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wish they'd do a spin off of just Eric, Pam, and Ginger. It could be a comedy.

Yes. I would watch the sh*t outta that.

• darthYENIK and Toke like this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 2 weeks ago

It would have to be dark comedy though. True Blood was at its best during such moments.

• darthYENIK and Voodoo like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by darthYENIK, 2 weeks ago.

If I had the patience, and motivation, I would go back through this season, and I could probably edit together a "backdoor" pilot.  Especially with the episode where Eric and Pam meet Ginger, and it shows them running the video store.  And going with that theme of them throughout the years, with flashbacks, they could bring Russell and all of the fun characters back!

I mean, the funniest scene this season (and possibly through the entire series that I can remember), was when Eric finally "f*cked" Ginger.  Furthermore, their whole story was the only thing I really enjoyed this season.  I didn't even really care about Hoyt and Jessica, even though I was a big fan of them before.

To further elaborate on this season, after letting it all sink in over the night (I watched the last two episodes yesterday).  I think I would be happy to just have had Bill and Sookie's story end in any other way.  Bill and his stupid not wanting the cure.  It was just mind bogglingly dumb.  They could've killed him in a dozen ways that meant more than the way they did it, and much more emotional, as well.  Am I the only one that thinks it would be better if Sookie had to kill him.  Like if he turned into one of those feral hep-V vampires, and it was too late for the cure?  It would be 100 times more emotional, and shocking, if she had to kill him, and it wasn't just a requested euthanasia.  

On top of that, it feels like a few storylines just didn't have to be there. Specifically Sookie and Alcide, as well as Jason and Violet and Jessica and Brigette.  Why kill off Alcide?  I get the idea that they wanted to get him out of the way to make the Sookie and Bill thing more emotional.  It wasn't so it feels like it was pointless.  Especially since apparently she finds another man a few years later.  I would've prefered if she ended up with Alcide at the end of it.

Then there's Jason and his love square.  I get that he didn't want to be with Violet, that's fine, that's great.  Have him fight it out with her.  But then they have Jessica come in and rebound screw him.  Why?  Why not cut out the middle woman, and have him fall for Brigette, and not have Jessica involved at all?  It seems like an obvious choice.  The whole thing feels like a clusterf*ck, and like they just didn't care how that story unfolded, just that it was there for filler.

Overall, I just think the whole thing feels like the last season finale, should've been the real series finale, and they just did this season so they can kill Bill in the most boring and uninteresting way possible, on top of the fact that it feels like each episode was written by a different person had no idea what the other writers wanted and didn't care.

• Voodoo and Toke like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users