41 replies to this topic
Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:18 AM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 28 September 2010 - 03:01 AM.

user posted image

What type of GTA is this?
This GTA would be a sort of rags to riches story. You start off as a small petty criminal in Dublin, move up to become a prolific international drug smuggler, human trafficker, murderer, operating between these 3 cities building your criminal empire in Western Europe.

Setting/backdrop:
The Second Summer of Love is a name given to the period in 1988-89 in Britain, during the rise of acid house music and the euphoric explosion of unlicensed MDMA ("Ecstasy")-fuelled rave parties. The term generally refers to the summers of both 1988 and 1989 when electronic dance music and the prevalence of the drug MDMA fuelled an explosion in youth culture culminating in mass free parties and the era of the rave. LSD was also widely available and popular again[.The music of this era fused dance beats with a psychedelic, 1960s flavour, and the dance culture drew parallels with the hedonism and freedom of the Summer of Love in San Francisco two decades earlier. Similarities with the Sixties included fashions such as Tie-dye. The smiley logo is synonymous with this period in the UK. ĖWIKI: http://en.wikipedia...._Summer_of_Love

user posted image

user posted image

Dublin:
Dublin is smallest city but will have the most countryside. It's a small city and doesn't have skyscrapers or anything but it has a good amount of crime such as armed robbery, drugs, prostitution, fighting etc. It will be the place where you start off. You get involved in some low-key drug dealing, learn your fighting skills in Pub Brawls and some weapon skills (maybe off some ex-IRA) member /bomb making skills. Dublin is where you learn your trade. The edge of the map is cut off by the Dublin Mountains surrounding the city on one side but there's nice countryside where you have safe houses and where you stash drugs on farms or there are Ecstasy making factories etc. Thereís a large harbour which will play a vital role in the game play. This is where you will learn to get your Boating Licence to bring drug consignments by sea from London. Licences cost money to take. Donít worry, youíll be making enough money through drug dealing and selling stolen cars.

user posted image

user posted image
Gangland killings, linked to dissident republicans and Real IRA.

London:
London is the largest city. It's big, dark, grey and gritty and has the biggest but most secure Airport in the game. It is also has the most roads, infrastructure, cars, customisation garages etc. The focus in London is heavy on driving with a cool orbital motorway surrounding the city. There are big skyscrapers there too. You may have been a bigger criminal in the city of Dublin but when you arrive in London you start off on the bottom again. You get work as a driver for various gangs and this will be where you gain your Advanced Drivers Licence. The best way around London is by car and sometimes Metro (London Underground) A Key feature of London would be its huge and extremely busy Airport. London Airport is also one of the most secure places in the game. It will be the type of place you see but you can hardly gain access until you complete your Pilots Licence.

user posted image

user posted image

Amsterdam:
Amsterdam is the medium sized city. Itís full of alley ways, bridges and canals. The best way to travel in Amsterdam is by foot, bicycle or even canal (as itís famous for all its cyclists/bikes) Streets are narrow and are densely populated pedestrians. There will be a few outer big roads but the more central you get, the better it is to jump on a bike or even a moped, Vespa etc. There will be so many people having funny conversations; stoned people, drunken people, prostitutes etc. The conversations you will hear there will be hilarious. Here you will also eventually be able to afford trying to get your pilots licence which is the most expensive license in the game. After you aquire it you will be able to fly your own huge consignments to London and Dublin.

user posted image
Notice all the canals in blue. This GTA would have each city concentrate on different elements of travel by land, sea and air.
user posted image

Features:

Weather System:
Depending on the weather, choosing your mode of transport when smuggling drugs is severely important. If there is high winds, thunder and lightening, it would not be advisable to travel with 100Kgs of cocaine in your aircraft. Drugs you buy are cash up front and if you crash and lose the drugs you loose your money. The more drugs in your plane or boat the more susceptible the vehicle is to either crashing or capsizing. Weather updates are available and will be important to keep an eye on. Upgrading to better boats for cash will lessen the chance of your boat capsizing in bad weather.

Economy/Money System
- You can buy properties all over the place and sell them at will, depending if you need the extra cash or you just don't use it often. Houses and apartments will be expensive, especially ones in central London but they will be in the best locations. Towards the end of the game or after 90% you may have the money to buy some of the mansions. Mansions will have all features; Phones, large garages, security, helipads, arcade games, boating shed/pontoon and secret escapes tunnells. It will be very hard to afford them. Only true GTA fans willl own them! When you manage you buy a mansion you will find a mail order catalogue. In this catalogue you can order any car in the game and a selection of rare cars list will be there. Cars that do not spawn anywhere in the game.
- There will be a good few banks that you can rob over and over. Some will be more secure than others and will need you to hire a crew of people to help you. You must pay your crew well but there's more money to be earned in harder heists.
- You can rob cars and sell them.
- You can buy clothes.
- You can buy bodygaurds
(weekly wage so you must keep earning money all the time you keep to your gaurds)
- Illegal gambling: High medium and low stakes.
- Betting shops. They are so much fun. Bet on the football and horses.
-Businesses: You can set up brothels in any city. In Dublin you can set up a few and will rarely if ever have any trouble from rival pimps or police. However, the income wont be as high as London or Amsterdam. In London you can set up brothels but rival gangs try to destroy them more frequently as there's so much competition. One way to stop your brothels being attacked is to pay local police and gain REP. REP is basically the ranks you earn in GTA. The higher your rep, the less likely gangs will go near your businesses. In Amsterdam when you are an experienced criminal you can have a legit whore-house, that cost millions to buy but will generate you thousands of cash a day that just pops in to your account at the end of every in game month.

*Basically there wasn't an incentive to earn money in GTA IV. I loved making cash in San Andreas. In GTA IV money didn't play much of a role and it wasn't rewarding like San Andreas was when you bought property and won cash on the horses. This game would make it easy for you to spend all your cash but if you are good you can earn a lot from many different ways. All mainly illegal of course!*

- Police: will get suspicious of you if you are driving erratically (when you have drugs in your van, truck or car) and search the vehicle you are in. So, you must drive carefully when you are transporting drugs. This goes for landing planes too. If you f*ck up your landing, Airport police will investigate the matter. So, thereís no point in even trying to fly them in to London Airport unless you have mastered flying and have you licence too.
The quicker you transport the drugs, the better price you get for them. Itís not a race against time but you will be faced with such dilemmas....
It's hard to smuggle drugs in to London Airport because of security unless you have a pilots licence so you have to think creatively. If you want to smuggle a load 20kg of hash and 5,000 ecstasy tablets in to London do you fly them in at the risk of flying in to a high security London Airport? Or do you go by boat and run risk of getting stung by the heavily patrolled Amsterdam-London channel. OR do you fly to of the relatively low security at Dublin Airport and bring them by boat from Dublin to London (countryside) and then drive them to London? The choice is yours (also depending on the weather!)

*I'm gonna come up with a lose, short story and work on my protagonist and some radio stations soon.*

Types of missions:

- Dublin:
Dublin will be like a sort of training ground before you leave for London and eventually Amsterdam. Here, you'll learn how to brawl in Dublin pubs. Each pub will have a room where you can do illegal fighting. There are 4 pubs, each one with it's own diffuculties and you can learn different moves in different pubs.
Missions you will do are, drug couriering, and selling grams of coke, just like in the Scarface game. You will also do weapons training off an ex-para military outfit (parody of IRA) that rob banks etc.
You will also do some import/export missions in Dublin Port and also learn how get you Boating licence so you can smuggle drugs from London.

- London:
After rising to the top of your game in Dublin, there's only one place to go next to expand you empire and import larger quantities. You want to cut out your middle-man and buy drugs more directly so you go to London and bring your own drugs back in larger bulks than you used to buy. Each smuggling mission is a big task and is very hard in the game. You can smuggle as many consigments as you want, and try sell them, but, it takes long and if you over do it you may flood a country/city with too much drugs and it might push the price down or there wont be much demand.
Firstly though, you need to make connections to get to the big players in London (for the drug connections), so you start off as a driver or gangs in London, eventually gaining the trust of more higher up gang members. To gain trust you can, do human trafficking mission or driving missions (robbing banks etc) Once you gain trust, you can start buying drugs off them.

- Amsterdam:
When you want better quality drugs and wholesale ecstasy, you to come to Amsterdam. Amsterdam will also be the place where you finally get a chance to learn your pilots licence. Earning your pilots licence will unlock large commercial planes for the first time and it will be the quickest most effective way to smuggle huge consignments of drugs. If you can eventually smuggle more drugs in a large cargo plane, you will only have to smuggle every now and then - not much as you will make so much money each time.
DutchAmsterdam.nl ó With the arrest of five pimps and four operators of window brothels in Amsterdamís Red Light District the Netherlandsí Public Prosecution Service believes it has captured an international network of human traffickers.

Enforcing their demands with brute violence the gang forced a large number of women to work as prostitutes.

Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant reports the women, recruited in both Hungary and the Netherlands, were constantly monitored and were ferried between their home and work. They were not allowed to have social contacts outside of the network.

Three of the pimps are women from Hungary. The two men are from Hungary and the Netherlands. The brothel operators are Dutch, two of them of Turkish origin.
Source

Other Features

- Gang wars:Gang wars are started by going around and shooting up a rivals brothel, hideout or hangout spot. Gang wars will appear in London. Different gangs have their own cars.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

Nice start there man icon14.gif This looks like it might have potential.

Just one thing, why do we have access to London ONLY after we recieve a Pilots license? Why not finish a specific mission to gain access? dontgetit.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for checking out the topic and the kind compliment. icon14.gif

London is accessible through storylline missions when you get your Boating Licence. The mission will be to smuggle drugs or people back by boat. This brings you to London. Planes are not available to you yes as you can't enter the airport yet. It will be a nice reward toward the middle-end to unlock flying. It will also coincide with the story.

To unlock the next city you need to be able to travel yourself. You are known to the police and travelling by commercial ferry or through a commercial flight can't happen.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:47 AM

I see. Well I love how you put the requirements into such a good base that could work out pretty well. I gotta say, this looks good so far.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:00 AM

The fact that you chose a time period and 2 out of 3 places I really don't want to see a GTA really bugs me. But the rest is pretty good. icon14.gif

Kind of amuses me, the difference between European and American crime. Every time I see an American based thread, I see the mafia and drug dealing. But European based threads always seem to include human trafficking and other things of that nature. Just a thought.....

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 28 2010, 03:00)
The fact that you chose a time period and 2 out of 3 places I really don't want to see a GTA really bugs me. But the rest is pretty good. icon14.gif

Kind of amuses me, the difference between European and American crime. Every time I see an American based thread, I see the mafia and drug dealing. But European based threads always seem to include human trafficking and other things of that nature. Just a thought.....

Thanks.

Yeah you're right. There' so many countries in Europe that some are poor and some are rich. Criminals can smuggle girls in for prostitution from poor countries and have them working for them 24hrs a day in rich countries and make a killing.

Same with other things. There's so much diffrence in market price between countries, there so much money to be made in smuggling things like cigarettes, drugs, people, cars, fuel.

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sep 28 2010, 00:18)
user posted image

Ha ha this is f*cking brilliant, see that airport sign??? My gaf is directly to the left of it.
user posted image

Cant say many people would like it as a GTA, but of course I would because I live in one of the locations. I cant say alot of the info you have there is completely accurate to Dublin, but i suppose its good enough.

Good Job man, I find it very interesting strictly as a concept.

You guys dont know how fun it would be driving down the Irish backroads in GTA,
Seriously.

Windy, Narrow and fun as sh*t.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Sep 27 2010, 22:29)
You guys dont know how fun it would be driving down the Irish backroads in GTA,
Seriously.

Windy, Narrow and fun as sh*t.

I can never understand how people find driving n confusing, winding, narrow roads fun. To me it's annoying. I prefer wide open grid streets that actually make sense.

That London picture especially worries me.

@ThePinkFloydSound, It seems that the American criminal markets focus on Drug trafficking/dealing and other petty things like identity theft(I could be wrong). But Every time I see a European based thread, I see a lot of prostitution(probably a lot different than American hoes), drug trafficking(everyone loves drugs), and human trafficking. And I can't recall ever hearing about human trafficking in America. I just hear about drugs, identity theft(thanks to our country's love for credit cards and online accounts), and more drugs(and all things related to drugs).

America's criminal enterprise is getting sloppy, and it shows.

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:17 AM Edited by cosmicboy, 28 September 2010 - 03:46 AM.

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 28 2010, 02:42)
I can never understand how people find driving n confusing, winding, narrow roads fun. To me it's annoying. I prefer wide open grid streets that actually make sense.

What?? Do you enjoy driving??

I enjoy driving, I love it and im a major fan of cars and the experience in general.

On holidays in america from experience its drive, stop, drive, stop, turn, drive, stop, turn, drive etc.
Thats no fun to me, I cant wait to get home for the driving experience of the backroads.
They are far from confusing because its spread out and in open space, not crammed together
with 4 or 5 lanes reading through dozens of signs constantly changing lanes doing 90degree turns.
If I want to go to a location at home its usually one road all the way with maybe one or two turns changing roads.
These roads are contoured to the landscape because cattle originally paved the tracks where the roads
now exist.

This is simply from a driving aspect, you dont see rally championships in block to block style straight roads.
user posted image

The city centre is alot different though.
user posted image

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

Nice start man! Keep going icon14.gif

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

How anyone can prefer a soulless grid system over something with some variety and character especially in a game is crazy. IRL It must be easy to get lost when everything looks the same.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Sep 28 2010, 07:39)
Nice start man! Keep going icon14.gif

Thanks man. Just did it for fun.

But I would really like to see GTA turn to a more money making, serious crime game and push the boundaries of censorship and controversy like the old ones did. GTA IV was quite tame in that respect.

pilot1889
  • pilot1889

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

There was a survey done on 20000 gta playing ppl from around the world,and 67% said they wanted next gta to be gta london,followed by vice city with 12% votes,i dont remember the site otherwise i would have posted the link here,but when i came on this site it was more of gta vicecity then london.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

I've never actually thought about anything on this scale. Well done for being bold enough to share the idea and coming up with it in the first place. Wasn't The Getaway 3 going to be something along these lines, featuring both London and Amsterdam? It's a shame they cancelled that game especially when you think how good it could have been. Godfather: II also did multiple cities that acted as basis for the player to build themselves up, although anything that depicts New York as about five blocks isn't really worth comparing to.

Where I agree thoroughly with you is the attitude to the amount of crime the protagonist would be involved in and how it would be an expansive operation. An empire. GTA is a crime game and there's plenty of that with the stealing and shooting, but if it were to take the next step up from running and gunning and place you in the shoes of someone who is going to lead a gang it needs to feature a lot of the ideas you mention on a great scale.

The only thing I would suggest for a game in this period, especially with London as one of the settings is that nightclubs (and raves) are featured heavily. Not on the low scale they were in Gay Tony. Seen as Ecstasy was booming at this time and the club scene was changing it would be cool to experience that. It would have a very Rise of the Footsoldier feel to it.

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sep 28 2010, 15:42)
But I would really like to see GTA turn to a more money making, serious crime game and push the boundaries of censorship and controversy like the old ones did. GTA IV was quite tame in that respect.[/font]

I agree with you. I really loved how in VCS, you built up your own empire and you'd get paid constantly if your businesses were doing well.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Tyla @ Sep 28 2010, 15:22)
I've never actually thought about anything on this scale. Well done for being bold enough to share the idea and coming up with it in the first place. Wasn't The Getaway 3 going to be something along these lines, featuring both London and Amsterdam? It's a shame they cancelled that game especially when you think how good it could have been.

I think it's only on hold, no?

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (xrk @ Sep 28 2010, 03:51)

How anyone can prefer a soulless grid system over something with some variety and character especially in a game is crazy. IRL It must be easy to get lost when everything looks the same.

No, it's usually quite simple. The streets URL are numbered.

To me a grid system is much better than a mess of random streets going in every direction. How the hell can you even follow that? And then some streets are more like alleys, some alleys are like streets, etc. It just makes no sense to me. Back roads in the countryside are one thing, as those are nice to drive around. But in the city, I don't want to be searching for some street out of an intersection with eight different directions all twisting randomly.

You call it soulless, I call it smart.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

looks pretty good

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 28 2010, 23:17)
I don't want to be searching for some street out of an intersection with eight different directions all twisting randomly.

You have obviously never driven around London or Dublin. Ive never come across a road even close to being that confusing here or anywhere, ever. Nuff said.. dozingoff.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Sep 28 2010, 20:48)
You have obviously never driven

Not yet.
around London or Dublin.

Nope. I live in New York.

Anyway, why are we talking about superior road styles in ThePinkFloydSound's topic?

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 29 2010, 00:59)

Not yet.
around London or Dublin.

Anyway, why are we talking about superior road styles in ThePinkFloydSound's topic?

What?!?!..... WHAT!!!

All of your points are completely invalid sir!!
I apologise to ThePinkFloydSound and I think you especially should now ye nutjob. turn.gif

Chap doesnt even drive and hes yamming on about roads being too confusing in wonderland.
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif heres some cookies buddy, you need em. catspider.gif

biggrin.gif

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Sep 28 2010, 21:26)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 29 2010, 00:59)

Not yet.
around London or Dublin.

What?!?!..... WHAT!!!

All of your points are completely invalid sir!!
I apologise to ThePinkFloydSound and I think you especially should now ye nutjob. turn.gif

Chap doesnt even drive and hes yamming on about roads being too confusing in wonderland.
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif heres some cookies buddy, you need em. catspider.gif

biggrin.gif

Bro. Are you high or something? It's common sense. I don't have to ever drive to know that grid style city planning is much more logical than utter chaos. You're just being patriotic and silly now.

And no matter how you put it, I'm talking about GTA, not real life. One has nothing to do with the other.

I apologize on behalf of cosmicboy, TPFS. Not quite sure what he's on.

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:57 AM Edited by cosmicboy, 29 September 2010 - 02:08 AM.

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 29 2010, 01:39)
Bro. Are you high or something? It's common sense. I don't have to ever drive to know that grid style city planning is much more logical than utter chaos. You're just being patriotic and silly now.

And no matter how you put it, I'm talking about GTA, not real life. One has nothing to do with the other.

Im sorry you are right, of course you dont need to drive to understand how confusing some roads are, when I first started driving I was so confused and still am to this day, I dont have a clue where I am going and get lost on the regular. I drive into the country sometimes and panic because I do not know what to do, its a regular occurance over here. Sometimes nobody knows which way to go so we all just wing it and drive in circles.

Now if we had a grid system, that would never happen, i'd never get lost or confused and the world would be so much easier.

Logical.
user posted image

Just a note for you to state our roads as "utter chaos" is simply ridiculous you do not know what you are talking about whatsoever, so just quit while your "behind" you dont think our cities have grid systems??? At a topdown view any city looks confusing until you get on the ground 1st person, its not confusing in the slightest. Good Luck dozingoff.gif

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

Tbh, thats just like the turnpike up here in Jersey sarcasm.gif

But I live in Atlantic City, so don't question me about anything that has nothing to do with this topic.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Sep 28 2010, 21:57)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sep 29 2010, 01:39)

Im sorry you are right, of course you dont need to drive to understand how confusing some roads are, when I first started driving I was so confused and still am to this day, I dont have a clue where I am going and get lost on the regular. I drive into the country sometimes and panic because I do not know what to do, its a regular occurance over here. Sometimes nobody knows which way to go so we all just wing it and drive in circles.

Now if we had a grid system, that would never happen, i'd never get lost or confused and the world would be so much easier.

Logical.
user posted image

Just a note for you to state our roads as "utter chaos" is simply ridiculous you do not know what you are talking about whatsoever, so just quit while your "behind" you dont think our cities have grid systems??? At a topdown view any city looks confusing until you get on the ground 1st person, its not confusing in the slightest. Good Luck dozingoff.gif

Off topic: Yeah, ok, wanna stop spamming this guy's topic with useless, unrelated sh*t?

I see that you're using quite the ignorant, "my way is better than yours" style argument, which by the way is a pretty hopeless battle. So do us all a favor and hush child.

Off topic yet again- By the way, um..... That picture isn't a grid. Not sure if you knew that, or...

Can we all get back to discussing the actual topic here instead of some stupid "My way is superior" sh*t? I'm sure TPFS would appreciate it. Kthxbai. biggrin.gif

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

Just as a last note,

I was not off topic, you were talking about why London and Dublin would'nt work on this guys concept by implying they are too confusing, I am saying they are not, from experience.

You are making statements that are not factual.

This is a concept thread it is not going to be the next GTA,
if you enjoy it, add something, if you dont, then dont.

I never said our roads are better, I never stated that picture was a grid system, I stated it was logical (but obviously from a overhead view is still as confusing looking as that london pic)

I like this thread,

Sorry again to the Author was only sticking up for your idea.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:05 AM Edited by Kwandilibro, 29 September 2010 - 03:09 AM.

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Sep 28 2010, 22:38)
Just as a last note,

I was not off topic, you were talking about why London and Dublin would'nt work on this guys concept by implying they are too confusing, I am saying they are not, from experience.

Sigh.

You still have yet to tell me where exactly I said the whole idea wouldn't work.

And of course they don't confuse you, you've been using that system your entire life. If you've done as much drivin as you say you have, you sure as hell better understand your own city's roads.

God, I can't stand when people put words in my mouth.

That London picture especially worries me.

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:15 AM Edited by cosmicboy, 29 September 2010 - 06:42 AM.

user posted image

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for your all your input guys, particularly Tyla.

Kwandilibro
To me a grid system is much better than a mess of random streets going in every direction. How the hell can you even follow that? And then some streets are more like alleys, some alleys are like streets, etc. It just makes no sense to me. Back roads in the countryside are one thing, as those are nice to drive around. But in the city, I don't want to be searching for some street out of an intersection with eight different directions all twisting randomly.

You call it soulless, I call it smart.

Yes in Europe cities are so old that cities sprawled without and planning. By the time city planning started it was too far gone to go back and rectify everything. Adequate sign-age get's people around no bother. The grid system for me works in real life maybe it is souless in a sort of Metropolis (Fritz Lang) way but it is definitely smart. In a game it would be boring just like True Crime obviously that's an extreme example) And I appreciate the thought of staying on topic. I suppose it's kind of interesting to chat about in a a way.

@Cosmicboy: I don't drive but I've got very good bearings. All this is irrelevant anyway seeing as there's a map in GTA and a waypoint marker.

Anywho, sure when we got San Andreas, it was a huge new map with all sorts of roads same with any other GTA. Rockstar always take artistic liberties to make to the roads drivable in a fun way. So it doesn't mater where you're basing it on.

The countryside in the first part of the map in my idea would be just like in San Andreas. Moutainous area, greenery, houses dotted along the place, hills etc. Main feature will be the harbour and that's where you'll be smuggling goods in to.

Main feature in London, will be driving and the big Airport. Remember Need For Speed Underground 2? The map was made for driving but they tried to make it look like a normal city based on L.A. and other cities. Streets will be widened and lots of customisation garages about. 5 stars: police will chase you in this rare police car...
user posted image

Main feature in Amsterdam: Being on foot /motorbike missions, businesses, canal routes and gaining commercial Pilots license (unlocking cargo planes)

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Nice idea man keep at it icon14.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users