» «
Photo

Game crashing/locking up

3 replies to this topic
CannonGoose
  • CannonGoose

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:22 AM Edited by CannonGoose, 25 September 2010 - 05:25 AM.

Hey, I just bought the GTA Trilogy and got GTA III up and running in widescreen. Everything worked beautifully and as it should. I then decided to put 100 or so mp3s in the mp3 folder so I could listen to them instead; Here's where my problems began.

I get into a car and switch to the 'mp3 player' station and there will either be no sound or some loud glitchy/static sounds. When the static occurs it will play for two seconds and the game will lock up and repeat the static sounds until I end the process in the task manager. This seems to be completely random as I have listened to dozens of my custom tracks flawlessly most other times I've tried.

I checked the 'mp3 report.txt' file in the mp3 folder and it has marked every one of my custom tracks as 'OK'. They're all just normal mp3 files so I really have no idea what the issue could be.

Anyone have a solution?

Edit: Oh yeah, my computer specs:
Windows XP with Service Pack 3
Intel Core2 Duo 2.16GHz
Nvidia 7300GT 128MB
1GB RAM

I have the GTA3 FOV application running alongside the game so I can appropriately fit the game to my resolution. Also using a custom skin.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:56 PM

Try running the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode and delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 29 2010, 15:56)
Try running the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode and delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

Haha, it tells that you're mostly active in the San Andreas subforum. It's gta3.set not gta_sa.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Claude Speed. @ Sep 29 2010, 23:01)
QUOTE (girishb @ Sep 29 2010, 15:56)

Haha, it tells that you're mostly active in the San Andreas subforum. It's gta3.set not gta_sa.

lol, yeah. Totally forgot where I was. turn.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users