Photo

Should I get this?

4 replies to this topic
Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

I played every GTA but not GTA, GTA2 and Advanced. Is it worth to get GTA1?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

You probably wouldn't like them. Hardly anyone who starts on GTA3 can play the old GTA games. They are fun but you have to like top down games.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:27 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 22 September 2010 - 09:52 PM.

From my own experience, I've developed mixed feelings for this one. If you mainly like running around and creating havoc then you might enjoy it. If you're more interested in playing GTA games for the story then this game barely has any. However, there is a lot of mission variety and the missions are quite enjoyable. Also, each of the 3 different areas that you progress to have their own unique feel to keep things fresh. Some missions can be tough as hell and extremely frustrating and you won't get a chance to replay them. So if you like 100%-ing a GTA, this might not be the game for you.

In this regard, you can not save while you're in an area either. You must finish the first section of an area to unlock the next and also finish both the sections of one area to progress to the next. On the bright side, you're not required to do the missions and can earn points by many other crime-related activities. The police are tough to avoid and bribes are rare so you'll just have to know the spray shops. However, if you can look past all these flaws and don't mind the clunky graphics then it won't take long to get used to the game and its control scheme and you'll realize why this game was so popular in its time. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I started out playing GTA 3. Eventually I picked up the Grand Theft Auto Collector's Edition that included not only the original GTA, but London 1969 and GTA 2 as well. I admit that the top-down gameplay mechanics felt different at first, but it eventually grew on me and I ended up loving it.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:11 PM Edited by kudoboi, 11 October 2010 - 04:27 PM.

my story, love gta first, then came gta 2, i began loving gta 2, after that came gta 3, vc, SA, i felt like it was a new era.
then IV and EFLC came in, i dumped all of my gta, gta 2 and gta 3 games and started playing IV and EFLC. i even bought a alienware just for it. after a no news on gta V i felt like R* is betraying PC gamers and instead joined the Mafia 2 train.

i still play gta 1 and 2 on my old playstation once awhile when im bored on ps3 or pc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users