Grand Theft Auto : Sierra Vista State

46 replies to this topic
AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I always look at it in this way, when they don't do a setting in GTA it retains it's real name, for example, Vice City was Miami before the game was released so as it is presumed to be Florida they could easily change it.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Oct 9 2010, 17:17)
I always look at it in this way, when they don't do a setting in GTA it retains it's real name, for example, Vice City was Miami before the game was released so as it is presumed to be Florida they could easily change it.

But by VCS VC was in Florida. Lazlow mentioned on the radio that the broadcasting station was Red Dick, FL. (Reddick, FL). Insignificant, but still enough to confirm that VC is located in Florida.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Oct 9 2010, 21:25)

But by VCS VC was in Florida. Lazlow mentioned on the radio that the broadcasting station was Red Dick, FL. (Reddick, FL). Insignificant, but still enough to confirm that VC is located in Florida.

Yes but VC was created by then mate, what i meant was in GTA III before Vice City was announced it was originally Miami. And other cities which have not been done are called by there real names, name one that is not apart from Carcer City and Cottonmouth.

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

Storyline continued a few chapters more, Please read not to long!

Added a few more African American street gangs, and Yardies, Check them out. More to come very soon, Keep updated at least once a week on saturdays and sundays. happy.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Very good mate, how about a map?

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Oct 9 2010, 22:19)

Don't know how to make one, i'll probably request one next week colgate.gif

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:13 AM

real good, could use a map

just one nag - sierra vista is spanish, and is generally associated with places on the west coast and on the mexican border, but it still rocks as a name smile.gif

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (drscot @ Oct 10 2010, 08:13)
real good, could use a map

just one nag - sierra vista is spanish, and is generally associated with places on the west coast and on the mexican border, but it still rocks as a name smile.gif

True, however it is also Italian, Vista is anyway, i tried to think of a name like Miami which in italian if seperated into two words means "Mi-ami" Love me. Hard to think of a name.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Pac. @ Oct 10 2010, 04:09)
QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Oct 9 2010, 22:19)

Don't know how to make one, i'll probably request one next week colgate.gif

Well, tbh it's just lines and fill colors in Microsoft Paint. Nothing special. It just takes a bit of time. I believe Dr. Scot knows of a thread that can help you......

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

Remove Vista from the name otherwise its doomed to fail like a certain OS that has Vista in its name. tounge.gif

mike czech
  • mike czech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Oct 9 2010, 21:45)
QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Oct 9 2010, 21:25)

Yes but VC was created by then mate, what i meant was in GTA III before Vice City was announced it was originally Miami. And other cities which have not been done are called by there real names, name one that is not apart from Carcer City and Cottonmouth.

I'm not quite sure I understand that logic. What you're saying is that any place is referred to by it's real life name until being done in a gta game. That I understand but that is not the case here. Florida is referred to as Florida IN the game it's being used in not prior to it. The game involving somewhere in Florida has already come out and instead on calling it something else they left it as Florida. R* had the chance to call it something else but they did not. In both VC and VCS it is said that the state they are in is Florida so that pretty much settles it. At least as far as GTA III canon is considered Florida is Florida.

SirPsychoSexy
  • SirPsychoSexy

The Poet

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Wonderful topic! You should add a map...

Pac.
  • Pac.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Oct 15 2010, 10:18)
Wonderful topic! You should add a map...

Thankyou wink.gif

In time, in time my freind....patience is a virtue (That saying has been overused)

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

When is the next update coming?

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

Just bumped across this topic, it's great!

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

user posted image

'Sierra Vista' in Spanish means mountain range view. Oops!

Why is this a problem? Because Florida is flat! Yes, they have a few hills,
but the only mountain your gonna see in Florida is Space Mountain at Disney World. LOL!
Silly American, learn your Spanish! You got the name from the city/or the county in Arizona.

But on the bright side, I really like your story, and any one who chooses Florida as a location is good in my book. icon14.gif

Gay Tony Ciprani
  • Gay Tony Ciprani

Caporegime

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Great work man!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users