Quantcast

» «
Photo

Need Help : Can someone tell me what this means?

4 replies to this topic
Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:31 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 12 February 2011 - 09:19 PM.

I stumbled across this while searching for a multiplier-pickup map for the Vice City section :

http://nl.wikigta.or...and_Theft_Auto)

In the map, it shows a large number of multipliers and life pickups piled up inside the fenced off region in Southwest Little Dominica. However, there was nothing there when I checked. Is this a false indication or is there a way to get these pickups to appear at that place? I have been using these maps to locate multipliers and bribes and it has always shown me the correct locations without any problems, barring that one place. Any ideas?

Lantyz
  • Lantyz

S Q R L

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

The pick-ups spell "DMA" (together with some weapons). I also found it odd when I made that map, so I checked it with the script. As far as I can tell, it's a reward that appears after completing all missions and/or kill frenzies. There is a similar cluster of pick-ups on a building in San Andreas, but not in Liberty City.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

So I'd have to complete either all the missions or the K/Fs to get those? That might explain why some weapon locations in those maps are wrong as well. Thanks.

Lantyz
  • Lantyz

S Q R L

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

I'm not sure, but that's my guess after looking at the code. Some weapon spawns may indeed be mission related. I'd mark them on the map, but GTA1 code is a pain to decipher.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:57 AM Edited by Dark_side646, 19 September 2010 - 08:00 AM.

OK, thanks. I think you might be right because I noticed a multiplier pickup that spawns in the second chapter for Liberty City (Heist Almighty) only after you completed the mission of the third pay phone from the top.
Sorry for going a bit off-topic but can you tell me any spawns for Rocket-Launcher and Flame-Thrower that aren't mission related in the final chapter (Rasta Blasta)? I can't see to find them anywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users