» «
Photo

sticky bombs

15 replies to this topic
TheMan62887
  • TheMan62887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:54 PM Edited by TheMan62887, 28 August 2010 - 02:19 PM.

Hi all

I like the sticky bombs but i don't know how to activate it once i thrown it on to a wall. I have a pc.

Please help

theman62887

sarcasm.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Press down on the d-pad on the Xbox 360.
Press down on the d-pad for PS3 -> down

XTREME0235.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

Press down on your keyboard.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

Yes. Press the "down" cursor key.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

While we're talkin sticky bombs, has anyone found out - how long you can leave one before it doesn't work or goes off by itself?
- and how far away can you get before the detonator doesn't work?

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

Haven't timed it. But it's really inconvenient when they go off by themselves.

Also, I was doing seagulls with sticky bombs. Had three gulls near together so I planted three bombs, one next to each bird and set them all off at once. Only one gull died. Bit of a glitch there, I think.

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

anyone know if you can get the chain reaction achievement with these?

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

well i counted that you can only put 11 eleven without them starting to disappear

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (GTAspotter @ Aug 28 2010, 21:27)
anyone know if you can get the chain reaction achievement with these?

Yeah, I did try that once using a replay of the Going Deep mission. I tried rigging 10 cars but they started going off as soon as I got into cover and maybe only half exploded cars when they detonated.
I ended up doing Chain Reaction another way.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

Well i have known this for quite a while.
In the WeaponInfo.xml file for TBoGT, the sticky bomb uses a timer like the grenades so it's not hard-coded.

In the file you see that the Sticky bomb timer is 90,000 which is equivalent to approximately 1 minute.
So if you decrease that to say 45,000 then the sticky bomb would then explode by itself in approximately 30 seconds.

You do the math for the rest of it if you want to increase or decrease the timer, now I'm not sure if it will go off by itself if you make the timer to long or too low, but you can experiment.

Here is the information for the sticky bombs itself.
CODE
<!-- STICKY BOMB -->
<weapon type="EPISODIC_16">
 <data slot="THROWN" firetype="PROJECTILE" damagetype="EXPLOSIVE" group="GRENADE" targetrange="35.0" clipsize="1" ammomax="25">
  <damage networkplayermod="2.0" networkpedmod="1.0"/>

<aiming accuracy="1.0">
   <offset     x="0.0" y="1.0" z="0.0"/>
   <crouchedoffset x="0.0" y="1.0" z="0.0"/>
  </aiming>

<pickup regentime="360000" ammoonstreet="8"/>

<controller>
   <rumble duration="50" intensity="0.1"/>
  </controller>

<flags>
   <flag>THROWN</flag>
   <flag>CAN_AIM</flag>
   <flag>CAN_FREE_AIM</flag>
   <flag>ANIM_RELOAD</flag>
   <flag>ANIM_CROUCH_FIRE</flag>
   <flag>ADD_SMOKE_ON_EXPLOSION</flag>
   <flag>SILENCED</flag>
  </flags>

<projectile type="STICKY" fusetime="90000">
   <explosion type="EPISODIC_7"/>
   <physics force="45.0" vehiclevelocity="10.0"/>
  </projectile>
 </data>

<assets model="w_e2_stickybomb">
  <anim group="grenade"/>
  <effects>
   <trail fx="weap_sticky_trail"/>
  </effects>
 </assets>
</weapon>

XTREME0235.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Aug 28 2010, 15:24)
Haven't timed it.  But it's really inconvenient when they go off by themselves.

Also, I was doing seagulls with sticky bombs.  Had three gulls near together so I planted three bombs, one next to each bird and set them all off at once.  Only one gull died.  Bit of a glitch there, I think.

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=14]I don't know how to time sticky bombs but i was playing the pc version of tbogt in epsodes from liberty city and i played the mission where you help brucie take over a business by killing it's workers, i was blew up two of their boats with sticky bombs but after planting the third bomb on the third boat, it turned in front of me and i hit it and it exploded but my boat didn't mercie_blink.gif rolleyes.gif .

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

I believe that timer lasts longer than that - about 90 seconds (at least on the X360 version). I have found out that the maximum number of bombs you can drop, without any disappearing, is ten.

One really neat thing I like to do with them is to start off a rampage by going into the street near an intersection and drop a bomb then run forward a little bit and drop another bomb then repeat all around the intersection until I drop a total of ten. Then I go somewhere nearby and arm myself with a powerful weapon then wait.

Then the bombs will start exploding one after another causing chaos and confusion as people scramble to avoid the blasts. By the time the last bomb explodes the Cops will start to get involved and it's on from there.

I think that the Sticky Bombs are probably the most fun weapon in any of the GTA games to date.

Dnero
  • Dnero

💯

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Aug 29 2010, 05:09)
Then the bombs will start exploding one after another causing chaos and confusion as people scramble to avoid the blasts. By the time the last bomb explodes the Cops will start to get involved and it's on from there.

Weird, I put sticky bombs one after another and they will eventually explode at the SAME time when I activate it. sigh.gif

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Aug 29 2010, 14:32)

Weird, I put sticky bombs one after another and they will eventually explode at the SAME time when I activate it. sigh.gif

No, I don't detonate them. I let them time themselves out.

I stand nearby and watch the people do their things then *BOOM!*.........*BOOM!*........*BOOM!* as the bombs start going off on their own and watch the fun before the Cops get involved.

Try it.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

I believe that timer lasts longer than that - about 90 seconds (at least on the X360 version). I have found out that the maximum number of bombs you can drop, without any disappearing, is ten.

One really neat thing I like to do with them is to start off a rampage by going into the street near an intersection and drop a bomb then run forward a little bit and drop another bomb then repeat all around the intersection until I drop a total of ten. Then I go somewhere nearby and arm myself with a powerful weapon then wait.

I think that the Sticky Bombs are probably the most fun weapon in any of the GTA games to date.

the pc version can do much more than that lol.gif
@hugh shouldnt there be a spoiler tag there?

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Aug 30 2010, 06:50)

the pc version can do much more than that lol.gif
@hugh shouldnt there be a spoiler tag there?

no, i was just sharing something that happened to me in tbogt that was weird. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users