Is my gang alright?

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

user posted image

Chapter 7: Grand Theft Auto

“Holy sh*t man. You scared me!” Derrick said when he realized who was on the other end of the gun.

Tiny laughed. “Gotta keep you alert!” he said, and he and Derrick bumped fists in their usual fashion.

“So what the hell happened back there?” Derrick asked as he and Tiny walked the short distance back to their apartment complex.

“I went in to get some cash, and some crazy f*ck starts shooting up the place! With everyone else distracted, I decided I'd make a break with some loot from the vault, but then the cops arrived, and I panicked.” Tiny explained.

“Wow. I guess we're lucky to have gotten away. So how much did we make?” Derrick responded.

“Well...The cash was in the trunk of your car, and the cops impounded it.” Tiny said as he and Derrick reached their building.

“What!?! We gotta get it back! I'm not losing two cars in one week!” Derrick exclaimed, and came to a stop in front of the door.

“We'll do it tomorrow. Let's just get some sleep for now.” Tiny said, and stepped inside the lobby of the apartment.

“Whatever man! I'll just do it myself!” Derrick yelled after him, but wasn't sure that he had heard. “F*ckin' asshole.” Derrick mumbled to himself, and started jogging back the way he had came. He thought about how he was going to get his ride back. The police impound lot was about a block away from the station. It was heavily guarded, as they have had several people attempt to get their vehicles back. After a half an hour of running, Derrick approached the lot. It had a fence, about fifteen feet high, surrounding the perimeter, with a spiral of barbed wire winding around the top of the barrier

“Damn!” said Derrick “I guess I'm not getting in that way. He ran around to the back of the lot, and found, much to his luck, a section of the fence that was pulled back slightly. There was just enough room for Derrick to push his body through to the other side. Once he was in the lot, Derrick ducked behind a nearby stack of crates and examined the patrolling guard's routes. There were five total, not including the two in the shack by the entrance, or the one in the tower overlooking the entire complex. Derrick ran from his cover, staying as low as he could, using the rows of cars for cover, until he was on the other side of the lot. One of the guards shined his flashlight in Derrick's direction, forcing him to crawl under a nearby sedan to avoid detection.

The guard walked towards where Derrick was hiding, shining his light in various cars with no rhyme or reason, simply looking busy as he wasted time until his shift was over.

“I don't know why we have to do this.” The guard said to himself. “It's not like anyone's going to break into this place.” That was all Derrick heard as the officer exited earshot. Climbing out from under the car proved to be harder than going in, and as he struggled to stand up, Derrick's coat caught on a piece of metal that was jutting out from under the car, and made a loud tearing sound as it opened up the jacket, spilling it's fluffy contents into the dirt below. The noise caught the attention of the nearby guard, causing him to shine his flashlight right at Derrick, catching him by surprise.

“Hey, you! Freeze!” The guard shouted, and started running for the Diablo.
“Sh*t!” Derrick exclaimed, and made a break for it, in no particular direction. The entire lot had heard this, and went into high alert. A siren started blaring, and the other guards started to convene on the spot where the shouting had come from. Derrick was running, panicked, towards the exit, when he spotted his Stallion out of the corner of his eye. He looked back, and saw that the watchmen were far enough back to give him a chance to hop in his car, pop open the panel under the steering column, and hot wire the car to life. He revved the engine, and peeled out from the spot, leaving a pair of skid marks where he had once been.

He twisted the wheel, and drifted around the corner, the front gate coming into view. Ignoring the urgent calls of “Stop!” and “You're under arrest!”, he gunned the muscle car towards the gate, nearly hitting the guards who had come out of the hut to see what was happening as the dove out of the way, and slammed through the wooden arm, shattering it on impact. Bullets hit the rear of the car, but the people who fired them were too far away to aim, and the projectiles did little damage.

Derrick slowed down when he thought he was a safe distance away, and tuned the radio to his favorite station, Head Radio. He drove back to the apartment complex, and pulled into his usual spot. After turning the car off and getting out, he patted the hood and walked towards the front door of the building. He met Tiny in the lobby.

“Where were you?” Tiny asked when he saw that it was Derrick who had opened the double doors.

“I had to pick up a few things.” Derrick stated simply, and opened the door that led to the stairwell. He reached his floor, and walked through the door that separated the stairs from the hall. Three doors down, he pushed the key into the lock, opened the door, and walked inside. He slumped onto the couch and turned the TV on.

“What a day.” he sighed, and fell asleep ten minutes later.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:54 PM

Damn damn damn... What's with the inactivity people?

RATINGS

UNRATED69
Diablos Chapter 7
I'm surprised by this chapter, usually your writing is superb but as for this piece, I'm dissapointed. Mostly half of the chapter is made up of dialouge. You can do better than this.

Reward: $70 added to Diabloes

Ratings done by mrpain.
Gobble Gobble Gobble
Seems like I'm the only staff around here

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:35 PM

Landstalker said he'd make the changes 4 days ago. nervous.gif

Omini
  • Omini

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hm, I'll be part of the Russian Mafia located at the V-Rock Hotel is Las Venturas, I'll post my first chapter within the next day or two... Though, of course, it all depends on how active Landstalker is these days (no offence)...

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Oh, here's where you guys went. cool.gif

Set me back up with the Forellis in the Ocean View Hotel, I've had that last chapter almost done and gathering dust like DNF so it'll be up within the week. I PROMISE.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:09 PM Edited by Landstalker, 17 September 2010 - 03:31 PM.

The Forelli's do not own the Ocean Beach Hotel... Just saying.

I am back, finally. I'll be working on the changes tonight.

EDIT: This is it! I'm retiring! Look at the main page!

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

Oh for f*ck's sake!

Omini
  • Omini

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:24 PM

What the hell happened?

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Omini @ Sep 17 2010, 18:24)
What the hell happened?

Some f*ck hacked Landstalker's account and deleted everything.

I might make another version if anyone's up for it.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:45 PM Edited by Landstalker, 17 September 2010 - 08:55 PM.

I was angry when I said I was retiring. I am not retiring. Still, since school started again, I don't have that much time to re-do BUYG V4 or whatever version we will call it so I'll might only be a staff member and help with the codings.

EDIT: Damn! This f*cking asshole deleted the PM I sent to myself after we've been hacked the first time. We have to restart from... nothing since the PM was containing the codes.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Landstalker @ Sep 17 2010, 21:45)
I was angry when I said I was retiring. I am not retiring. Still, since school started again, I don't have that much time to re-do BUYG V4 or whatever version we will call it so I'll might only be a staff member and help with the codings.

I don't have a life, so I can do a lot.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Thanks, but I do believe you have a life.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

Ahh screw it! I tried to make the BUYG active again and this sh*t happens.

Oh well we had a good run.

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

Somebody REALLY doesn't like us. sad.gif cryani.gif

adaawale
  • adaawale

Hoot

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

Looks like Landstalker messed up, big time.

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:41 AM Edited by Landstalker, 18 September 2010 - 01:58 AM.

QUOTE (adaawale @ Sep 18 2010, 01:12)
Looks like Landstalker messed up, big time.

What do you mean?

EDIT: In the other version, should we make the Civilians, Government Agencies and such?

adaawale
  • adaawale

Hoot

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

To be honest, I really don't think BUYG (especially the SA one) has a future on here until the next GTA is released, or at least confirmed.

BUYGs tend to thrive when GTA is hyped up and many visit the forums. During the inter-GTA lulls like these, it simply doesn't attract enough attention.

Kaizer Chief
  • Kaizer Chief

Mittelos Bioscience

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:26 AM Edited by Kaizer Chief, 18 September 2010 - 03:34 AM.

Oh f*cking wow. I go on vacation for a month, suffer an unfortunate car crash, stuck in hospital half-comatose for half a month, and now I've recrudesced back onto GTAF, expecting to see my BUYG stories intact and intending to continue them, and I see f*cking this.

Why did we ever discontinue the original BUYSAG? It's not like that version got hacked or anything.

Oh well, I'm disappointed. But I hope we can get this back up; know that I'll continue to be quite active.

EDIT: I've asked girishb to see if he can grab the coding from the old, original topic (linked above). I think we should stick with San Andreas gangs, it seemed to work the best. Also, if Landstalker's alright with it, I'm willing to start the new topic and make the edits (since I'll be pretty active). This is, of course, if people want to keep on participating.

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

If it's gonna be SA gangs only then I can't really come back as the Vice Edition got merged into this one... Should try to write a new story then? confused.gif

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Kaizer Chief @ Sep 18 2010, 04:26)
Oh f*cking wow. I go on vacation for a month, suffer an unfortunate car crash, stuck in hospital half-comatose for half a month, and now I've recrudesced back onto GTAF, expecting to see my BUYG stories intact and intending to continue them, and I see f*cking this.

Why did we ever discontinue the original BUYSAG? It's not like that version got hacked or anything.

Oh well, I'm disappointed. But I hope we can get this back up; know that I'll continue to be quite active.

EDIT: I've asked girishb to see if he can grab the coding from the old, original topic (linked above). I think we should stick with San Andreas gangs, it seemed to work the best. Also, if Landstalker's alright with it, I'm willing to start the new topic and make the edits (since I'll be pretty active). This is, of course, if people want to keep on participating.

Sorry to hear about your accident mate.

Benjiminio234 has the code for the topic a while back and he's gonna PM it to me.

I was thinking maybe just SA gangs this time with Police, but no evidence locker sh*t and no buying weapons from different cities and it costing more etc. Just the basic, good old' BUYG with a few improvements.

Kaizer Chief
  • Kaizer Chief

Mittelos Bioscience

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Don't worry about it. It hurt like a bitch but it's getting better.

I agree about keeping it to SA, there ain't much point doing all the cities, especially since there won't be THAT many participants anyway (if there are, we can expand as appropriate). I think we might even do well in abolishing the Police Departments, this is Build Up Your Gang after all. Plus, without those evidence lockers, the Police won't have the money-making tool that gangs have in the drug system.

I'm thinking just the following things: SA gangs, SA weapons, SA vehicles, Gang Wars, Create Gangs, Theme of the Week. Let's try keeping it simple.

Oh and sorry to everyone for being inactive for so long. New Yorkers can't drive for sh*t. angry.gif

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've got more to apologize about for being inactive. @_@ It's been so long that when I finally get around to it, this happens.

For some reason though I'd really like to try running a BUYG. Maybe I could do the Vice Edition alongside this?

Kaizer Chief
  • Kaizer Chief

Mittelos Bioscience

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Forelli_Boy @ Sep 18 2010, 08:23)
For some reason though I'd really like to try running a BUYG. Maybe I could do the Vice Edition alongside this?

Go for it. I have my doubts about its popularity though.

In the process of remaking BUYSAG V4, should be up by tonight. Suck it, hacker.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm sorry to see whats happened here, especially as Landstalker invested such an amount of time into it.

I supplied some codes the last time (I didn't think I'd be saying this again) BUYG got hacked. They're here and here if you want to use them to save a bit of time. I could also possibly get you the code for the gangs from the old old BUYG if you so wish.

I'd like to propose that you include gangs from all cities, and I'm not just saying that because I flew the flag for the Vercetti's. If "Vice" versions and "Liberty" versions start cropping up, they're just going to go inactive as you say, and inactivity will again be associated with BUYG. Not to mention the hassle of relying on different people to moderate such ventures. I saw the stick Landstalker got for going inactive for a few days - it wasn't on. I'm not saying give the Leone's a bunch of Liberty properties - just one - for example Salvatore's Mansion. And instead of there being two or three different Triad groups, the Triads could have a property (the Fish place) in Liberty and a property (the freighter) in Vice. A little bit of variety won't do no harm.

Please do away with joining multiple gangs too tounge2.gif They only sufficed to allow people to jump ship and sell their assets. I wish you a speedy recovery Kaizer.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Forelli_Boy @ Sep 18 2010, 09:23)
I've got more to apologize about for being inactive. @_@ It's been so long that when I finally get around to it, this happens.

There is a Vice Edition, but it's as dead as a dodo.

Kaizer Chief
  • Kaizer Chief

Mittelos Bioscience

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

New version: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=459423

Omini
  • Omini

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

How about letting LC and VC gangs "migrate/expand" to San Andreas? That way people can be part of their favourite gangs... they could only start off with a simple house or something though, perhaps?

Landstalker
  • Landstalker

Hustler

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

It could be good but still... People could create, if they want, (when they have 10 chapters for their gang or 10 chapters with their bracketed) gangs from Liberty City or Vice City. But, their properties would be in San Andreas like you said.

EDIT: I think you should, well, we should, post our ideas in Kaizer Chief topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users