Photo

RACERS & BREAKERS

527 replies to this topic
swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

@ Cal, Diggdy, HippyBojangles - Glad you guys had fun. I did too until Booze accused me of sh*tting cheating icon13.gif

@Booze - Jeez you're not giving much credit to the blue breakers. confused.gif I show up and host every Wednesday night to have fun with you guys, try my best, and did I mention to have fun with you guys. With that said I would never intentionally "throw" a game (especially one with teammates) because part of having fun is working with my team. I really can't be held accountable if some of the blue team played well last night tounge.gif

Booze
  • Booze

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best IV Era Videos 2009

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

I'm not accusing you, if you say you didn't then of course I believe you. It's just that after you lapped Dboi you started to "break" him too and when Dboi won (we'd been breaking him pretty bad the whole race) I drew my conclusions. Sorry about that. sad.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Sorry I couldn't make it, my connection has amazing timing when it comes to crapping out angry.gif .

Anyway, sounds like you all had fun. Hopefully we can get these officials finally going next week.

I dunno exactly what happened last night but in all fairness to Booze, I have seen you start breaking the other racer when you've been winning before Swoon and i'm not really that arsed about it (so long as your not on my team sly.gif ) but we all have different ideas of fun to a certain extent and sometimes it can just depend on what mood were in. I think some of us like winning more than others...

user posted image
THESE ARE MY VICTIMS! devil.gif rampage_ani.gif

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Event update: Due to tomorrow being July fourth we will celebrate “freedom” from Racers & Breakers and take the week off. monocle.gif In fact, the weekly event has been going on for a couple months now and in order to maintain its freshness… it’s about that time we closed shop for a while. I may run another weekly R&B circuit again in the fall/winter months if there’s any demand.

The randomized games we’ve had have been really incredible and I was always looking forward to playing some good old GTA with all of you during the week, but I think it’s time for a break (no pun tounge.gif ) from hosting for this old loon. So Wednesday, July 11 will be the R&B season finale. I sincerely want to thank all the participants who have taken the time to sign up & show up, post occasionally, risk their reputation each week, and kept a good attitude along the way, I hope you had fun… it’s been a real wild ride icon14.gif

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:30 AM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 05 July 2012 - 03:34 AM.

I'm sad to see this era of R&B come to an end sad.gif . It was one of the highlights of my week and easily one of the best events on GTA IV if not the best (imo). It's a pity we didn't manage to get those officials started but we definitely had some really cool times and thats what counts. Looking forward to the last meet aswell icon14.gif .

I and many others i'm sure, would love to see this event at some point in the future again. If you need any help, you know where to find me...

user posted image

Dilo
  • Dilo

Bagel- Goodluck. With Dilo anything is possible.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

The few times i could make it, they were a blast. Sadly, the timezone change + my work schedule just don't compute.

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the support, Sweaty. Yeah, we def had some good times there and I’m sure we’ll revisit it again when the time is right. icon14.gif

No prob, Dilo – Scheduling can be a real hassle on an international forum. Was always great when you joined, glad you enjoyed it cool.gif

2 Hour - Racers & Breakers Season Finale - Wednesday July 11, 2012
5 Tracks: Thunder Road (SUV), Stars In Your Eyes (2 Door), Bogan’s Run (Vans), Quick Knives (Muscle), Heel & Toe (Vintage)
Send a message to GT: swooner for invites

Directions: Teams are randomized each race. Minimum of 3v3. Players on the top half of the lobby are on the red team (change vehicle color to red), players on the bottom half are on blue team (change to blue colors). If there is an odd number of players the exact middle person is the white wildcard breaker (change vehicle color to white), A white wildcard breaker is not on a team, cannot “win”, and can “break” either racer (typically the one winning).

Once everyone is accounted for, volunteer racers ready up to signal they want to race. When we have one racer decided for each team, all other players ready up and the game starts.

Hope to see some familiar faces gamertags. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif All are welcome…. we’ll party & race until our thumbs bleed. tounge.gif alien.gif

Calhole
  • Calhole

Ready to Start.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

I should definitely be able to attend Swooner smile.gif

Maybe instead of completely shutting down the event you could just change it to a Once a month event? Just a thought.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Or give somebody else the opportunity to host?

Just brainstorming here smile.gif

Still, I look forward to next week. Should be great! biggrin.gif

Branacane
  • Branacane

The Captain

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

It will be sad to see this go, had some good times at R&B for sure smile.gif But I understand that a break may do everyone good and get them refreshed when you start it back up wink.gif

Especially looking forward to the 2 hour bonanza next week, hopefully this season ends with a bang!

Vilmundr
  • Vilmundr

Functioning Psychopath -13

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll be there for tonight's swan song, Swooner! cryani.gif

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Vilmundr @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 14:08)
I'll be there for tonight's swan song, Swooner! cryani.gif

awesomeness cool.gif

copied from previous page for freshness:

2 Hour - Racers & Breakers Season Finale - Wednesday July 11, 2012
5 Tracks: Thunder Road (SUV), Stars In Your Eyes (2 Door), Bogan’s Run (Vans), Quick Knives (Muscle), Heel & Toe (Vintage)
Send a message to GT: swooner for invites

Directions: Teams are randomized each race. Minimum of 3v3. Players on the top half of the lobby are on the red team (change vehicle color to red), players on the bottom half are on blue team (change to blue colors). If there is an odd number of players the exact middle person is the white wildcard breaker (change vehicle color to white), A white wildcard breaker is not on a team, cannot “win”, and can “break” either racer (typically the one winning).

Once everyone is accounted for, volunteer racers ready up to signal they want to race. When we have one racer decided for each team, all other players ready up and the game starts.

Hope to see some familiar faces gamertags. All are welcome…. we’ll party & race until our thumbs bleed. tounge.gif alien.gif

R&B starts in approx 2 hours Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Calhole
  • Calhole

Ready to Start.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for hosting as usual Swooner I had a lot of fun as always! smile.gif

I think every race had great moments Especially the one's where I won (Cough)
and I hope when you bring this event back it will be better than ever!

Dboi: Even though you lost your race I will dedicate my win to you, because you deserve it. blush.gif

LeRay: We all know you left to play MW3 You sausage fiddler.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:25 PM Edited by SweatyPa1ms, 12 July 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Yeah, thanks for all your efforts again Swoon. It was a great send off last night and like lots of other people, I hope you bring this awesome game mode back soon. When you do bring it back I think you should take it in whatever direction you want. Whether that be competitive or casual, I dont think it any of us care as long there is a clear focus and you're happy. People are always gonna be competitive, you cant really change someones mentality so whether there are official games with teams or just casual Red vs Blue , I think there will always be rivalries, raging and people talking about unfair teams. If you need any advice for the next season then give me a shout but I think anything you do will be welcomed with open arms. Thanks again dude icon14.gif .

swooner
  • swooner

AOD Wrapped Member

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Cal & Sweaty - Like I said before you guys (& Jedi) have been instrumental to getting this thing started up again and always keeping the event exciting… so big thanks to you both. Let’s do it again smile.gif

Yesterday was full of awesome lol moments. Some epic wins, painful upsets, a pre dentist appointment victory alien.gif , a cheeky mid-race visit to pay n spray lol.gif … good times all around.

Thanks again to everyone who attended yesterday and those that have supported the event. If there’s still interest in the latter 2012 months we’ll plan on a fall/winter season. We might narrow the 5 official teams to just 2 or 3 and continue holding random RvB skirmishes before the officials. We’ll need dedicated team captains to recruit for their own teams and all that again, so please let me know if anyone’s interested and we’ll start getting things in order for another season. icon14.gif

Until then… Drive safely icon14.gif orly.gif

(Unofficial) Seasonal Awards:
Meanest Racers: ILIKEFIREPLACES, Nefutaku, GTAKing33
Baddest Breakers: Sweatypa1ms, Warpiggzz, Booze T, Mae King Fuch
Fastest Funnymen: Destructoboi, Jedi, beep, Dilo
Honorable Mentions: Diggdydog, Cpt Freckles, Hippybojangles (the Bros cool.gif )

XxIrishBlizzardxX
  • XxIrishBlizzardxX

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

I didn't even try to attend, I will add you swooner, So you can invite me when games are held! smile.gif

Ryanbashaw
  • Ryanbashaw

Seattle, Washington

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

I would love to be a breaker on whatever team is available. My tag is WoodsyCracker2

Vilmundr
  • Vilmundr

Functioning Psychopath -13

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Sorry, dude. This event has been put on an indefinite hiatus. Check back in fall/autumn icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users