Photo

Gta V Vs. Saints row 3

102 replies to this topic
Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 09:55)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 11:39)
Well as we know nothing of GTA V yet this is kind of hard to answer, i think just because they are both sandbox style games doesn't necessarily mean they can be easily compared anyway. I dont think IV vs Saints row 2 was a fair comparison so i dont see why this should be any different.

You're a f*ckin' idiot you know that.
You can compare any two games by the amount of fun you have playing them. So basically you can compare CoD with GTA if you want. Just by saying which one is more fun to you, you will make a comparison.
What's up with you idiots thinking that you can't compare two things unless they are COMPLETELY THE SAME?! How the f*ck can you compare something if it's the same? The whole idea is to compare two different things. And you can use various criteria to make a comparison. In case of GTA and Saints Row you can compare them any way you want because they're both video games and they are in the same f*ckin' genre!

I feel sorry for that bug up your ass, having to smell your sh*t all day.

Also, I don't consider GTA and SR to be in the same genre. GTA is a gangster/crime/city life simulator. SR is, uh, something else entirely.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:07 PM

Well I'm sorry for not having a shred of tolerance towards morons. How stupid do you have to be to not understand a simple concept of comparison? It can't be fairly compared? Says who? The guy who doesn't know what the word means? You can compare ANY TWO GAMES. Comparing something doesn't mean comparing just similarities, but also differences, like pointing out what one game has and the other doesn't have and would that make the other game better. That's all there is to it. There's no such thing as fair comparison because the whole idea is completely subjective and it depends on how much fun you're having with the game.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

This topic is not about the definition of "comparison", so I'm going to have to kindly ask you lads to shut the f*ck up.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

We don't know yet, Neither have come out. SR the third trailers look bloody awesome and the graphics are quite good, not as good as IV's though, but lets highlight a few points.

Saints row the Third...

Is going to be more about fun and just more havoc, there are different aspects to it, graphics are quite good but not brilliant and there's so many cool and over the top features it's unreal. Story I think will be alright, realism and it's reflection to real life situations and criminal groups will not be at all similar, Fun all the less.

GTA V

We have no imfo on it yet, however I assume it will be about the gameplay however not over the top as SR3, also It will be mainly about the story probably and the twists and turns. It will also be about the graphics, after IV they can only make them better. Overall more realistic but enough features and awesomeness to keep you hooked to the screen.

Overall, they are two very different games, I don't think they should be compared because there are a range of reasons why they are both very different and are played for different reasons.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

As I said with PS3 and Xb360 debates, GET BOTH, there's no REAL reason to choose, and that said, timing is also a clear factor with this one, making the choice a no-brainer

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 21:23)
As I said with PS3 and Xb360 debates, GET BOTH, there's no REAL reason to choose, and that said, timing is also a clear factor with this one, making the choice a no-brainer

I think it's better to tell them to try both with an open mind and see which ones they like.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

I own SR 1, 2, Crackdown, and GTA series, so what's the problem?!? What's the question!?? Get them all! hahaha

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Why would anyone need to tell us that? We are on GTAF because we love GTA. Saints Row is a lot like GTA. So there is really no reason not to get both. I think one would need to elaborate why one wouldn't want to get both games.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 20:33)
I own SR 1, 2, Crackdown, and GTA series, so what's the problem?!? What's the question!?? Get them all! hahaha

You know, maybe not everyone can afford both consoles and also they might not want both anyway because it's considered by some (I'm not going to generalize) as a waste of good earned money.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

X360 is dead. Why should we buy it?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Comparing a game that hasn't released yet with a game that hasn't been announced?

Also how could they possibly release around the same time when gta v hasn't been announced?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

I bought SR1 when it was at $20 and i liked it. I pre ordered SR2 and got it when it was released. I liked it also but i am not going to be picking up SR3. I would rather buy EFLC now and GTA V when its released than buying SR3 which looks like it is just a more mindlessly violent version of SR2. I used to think it was a refreshing change of pace from GTA 4 but now i just think its getting so bad im not even going to bother with it.

IceWolf729
  • IceWolf729

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:47 PM

I have the simplest solution for this. I will buy both when they are released and I will play them both and complete them both for 100%. Hopefully I don't need to upgrade my PC for them.
But seriously, just buy and enjoy both, they are all great in their own way smile.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users