Photo

Gta V Vs. Saints row 3

102 replies to this topic
Djdevin10
  • Djdevin10

Kill People, Burn Sh*t, F*ck School.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:30 AM

those games will probably be released around the same time so which will probably be better gta 5 or saints row 3

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:33 AM

We have no information about the upcoming games. We can't tell which will be better. There's no need for a topic like this.

But based on the last games, I'll predict that the next GTA will be better.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

The only thing we know that Saints Row 3 grahics will be similar to GTA IV.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:02 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 August 2010 - 05:04 AM.

Unless Saints Row 3 takes itself a bit more seriously I wont be considering it. I don't think it should be as serious as GTA IV, but it would be nice if Volition/THQ removed all the juvenile bullsh*t like streaking, flashing, spraying sh*t from septic trucks etc.

I just simply don't find that stuff funny at all.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Maybe if GTA considers NOT taking itself so seriously I would consider it.
It supposed to be a videogame afterall.

/runs

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:21 AM

i hate these types of threads...
Its apples to oranges. While I had no problem with Saints Row i got bored with it after a while. GTA is more my tastes but seriously whats the point of comparing the 2? their completely different games.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Aug 16 2010, 22:02)
Unless Saints Row 3 takes itself a bit more seriously

Same here SR2 was $40 down the drain, it was to full of novelties with a crap story line, and not that graphics are every thing but I've played PS2 games with better graphics, old ones, and the cars we're the worst part, looked like low budget cartoon.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

I'm getting both, it would suck if SR3 turned serious along with GTA, if that happened you'd only need one of the other.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:38 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 17 August 2010 - 05:43 AM.

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Aug 17 2010, 16:23)
Same here SR2 was $40 down the drain, it was to full of novelties with a crap story line, and not that graphics are every thing but I've played PS2 games with better graphics, old ones, and the cars we're the worst part, looked like low budget cartoon.

Agreed, but I actually don't mind the graphics in Saints Row 2. Not as good as GTA IV, but I've seen alot worse.

I loved Saints Row 2 when it came out, but as soon as I went back to GTA IV that's the moment I realized why I'm a GTA fan.

In saying that I definitely don't have any prejudice against non-R* sandbox games. I would easily rank Assassin's Creed II as the best (so far) non-R* sandbox game which is better in alot of ways compared GTA IV. Two very different games, but the thing I like about Assassin's Creed II is it's new, and fresh for the sandbox genre. The Saints Row series up until this point IMO has been very unoriginal, and has lacked creativity.

Saints Row 3 needs to stop being in GTA's shadow, and come up with its own themes, ideas etc. Then, and only then will another Saints Row game make its way on my shelf unlike the other two that were traded in a while ago.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:44 AM

My main gripe on the graphics are the cars, the motorbikes and plane looked allot better that the car I don't know why though.

But yeah Saints Row needs to come up with there own ideas and take things a bit more series. And let it be known that I am not against non-R* sandboxes, as one of my favorite sandboxes was AC1/2, and True Crime New York wasn't half bad among others LA was good until you had to fight that wizard guy killed that game for me, forever.

Anyhow I most likely wonít even consider SR3 even if itís better, because there are to many other games I have on my ever growing list of games that I need to get.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:07 AM

I'd rather compare Assassin's Creed 4 and Gran Turismo 9 instead.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

how about Gta XIV and Saints row 13 sarcasm.gif

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (Proud Fool @ Aug 17 2010, 05:25)
I'm getting both, it would suck if SR3 turned serious along with GTA, if that happened you'd only need one of the other.

Saints Row 3 is suppose to be more odd and hectic. Unlike GTA, which actually has a real story and originality to its parodies.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Saints Row 3 is going to be announced in December 2010.

GTA V will be announced sometime in 2020

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:58 AM

I'll probably buy both as long as they are properly released on PC and not sh*tty ports like GTA4. I must admit I had a blast playing SR2 on PC. I don't know why people say it's a bad port it runs perfectly well on my PC, no freezes, no crashes and no stuttering people seem to be talking about a lot. It's a fun game and I love it. I don't care that it stole from GTA, I endorse that because GTA4 was a big disappointment. As long as the game is fun to play I like it. I may be a GTA fan but I'm not a GTA elitist.

Minus the Boom
  • Minus the Boom

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Aug 17 2010, 09:45)
Saints Row 3 is going to be announced in December 2010.

GTA V will be announced sometime in 2020

SR3 has already been announced.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Ok fine then we'll get info on it (hopefully trailer or screenshots) in December

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Aug 17 2010, 10:17)
Ok fine then we'll get info on it (hopefully trailer or screenshots) in December

They already said an SR3 trailer would come out in December.

Anyway I loved Saints Row I liked SR2 but the game need more f*cking testing. They are the buggiest games I had ever played on the xbox. Seriously when I play coop with my friend for some reason he CANNOT open doors. We've lost missions due to horrible ai, and we've had to restart mission due to stupid bugs that could have been prevented.

They say the new SR is supposed to look more like GTAIV and be less urban while being even more over the top and crazy. I think this is a very stupid decisions since the cartoony craziness won fit in well with realistic graphics.

Sure gta had it's shortcomings but it was a gta nonetheless. Finetuned and basically just a simple platform for games that follow. Depending on when they release I'll buy both, but please do something about those f*cking bugs. Don't you have testers?

Zook
  • Zook

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

I think the best sandbox game is gmod

IVSA_Guy
  • IVSA_Guy

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

You cant compare apples to a set of boobs.
They are different games.
But I cant say about Saint Rows, I never tried them, so I'll not talk about it.

We dont have any GTA V informations.
And they still have to fix GTA4.

SanMadrid
  • SanMadrid

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Saints row 2 got really boring for me quicky. I think it was fun for the first week. No comparison to Grand theft auto at all.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Don't care which one is better because I am getting both.

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Of course GTA.Saints Row allways sucks balls, the 1st part sucks and the 2nd part was a bigger fail and the PC version was the biggest fail ever.Anyways if i will play SR3 then I'll torrent it.

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Aug 17 2010, 05:08)
Maybe if GTA considers NOT taking itself so seriously I would consider it.
It supposed to be a videogame afterall.

/runs

Since when hasn't GTA games taken themselves seriously?

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

In my opinion you can't even compare the two games. The GTA series is much better than Saints Row series. I have the first Saints Row game and I would rather have a kick in the nuts than ever play this game again. What a waste of time. icon13.gif

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

Both are good in their own ways, nuff' said.

In terms of gameplay, SR > GTA. Why? Because SR focus on one thing, FUN. That's the most important thing in a f*cking GAME. Although I still prefer GTA than SR smile.gif

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Mafia 2.

Seriously, I think Saints Row has always been somewhat of a weak GTA clone.
And I don't mind GTA clones at all, if they are at least done well.

In my opinion GTA is for video games what The Simpsons is for TV shows.
Both mock society in a subtle jet recognizable way.
Saints Row has never come any farther than sex or excrement jokes.

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Aug 17 2010, 18:07)

In terms of gameplay, SR > GTA. Why? Because SR focus on one thing, FUN. That's the most important thing in a f*cking GAME. Although I still prefer GTA than SR smile.gif

How can you say SR has better gameplay than GTA, I mean come on the physics are so bad in SR it makes the fun go away. I hope they fix them in SR3 or i won't buy this one.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (yngwierocks @ Aug 17 2010, 21:09)
QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Aug 17 2010, 18:07)

In terms of gameplay, SR > GTA. Why? Because SR focus on one thing, FUN. That's the most important thing in a f*cking GAME. Although I still prefer GTA than SR  smile.gif

How can you say SR has better gameplay than GTA, I mean come on the physics are so bad in SR it makes the fun go away. I hope they fix them in SR3 or i won't buy this one.

Damn, I hate it when someone disagrees. But at least it's fun, right? Who cares about some... pfft, physics? biggrin.gif

Djdevin10
  • Djdevin10

Kill People, Burn Sh*t, F*ck School.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

i perfer gta over sainrs row BUT, saints row is better than some gtas, but saints row 2 was good to but the only reason i liked it cause of all the features that gta 4 (some of the featurs not all) should have had, i think gta will be better cause thq is selling out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users