Photo

Complaints on the view

8 replies to this topic
sirchick
  • sirchick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Ive noticed some people complaning about the view of the game... but in short it has to be this way given the sheer size of the game and how much stuff is going on all at once.

As you drive it renders what comes next. In the normal view the distance of the view would be huge and thus your handheld would not cope. Additionally the view allows a 360 3D view whilst only using Isometric sprites which reduces the cpu work load on your device.

If you want the real type of view you need a more powerful console like the PC/PS3/XBOX etc

For me they made a pretty good good for what the DS's hardware allows. Good job Rockstar smile.gif

Has lots of potential for future versions.

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

yeah your right. if the view was in normal view it would probably be big. and plus, its good to have a gta game in 3D

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

On the other hand, the next Nintendo handheld GTA (likely to be based on GTA V if they follow the pattern), will be on the 3DS, which is more powerful than the Xbox and near as powerful as the Wii. And because of the multitudes of control options on it, I see no reason why it wouldn't be in third-person view.

sirchick
  • sirchick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:20 AM

It currently already is 3D except people are not. Otherwise you could not have a 360 degree rotation..

But no its not as powerful as the xbox and the only reason why is this:

Storage.

You can't put say a 16GB game on a DS no matter what generation. Where as the PC/Consoles on blueray can... the max ive seen a DS game size is about 200meg and that is very rare. So they are limited in that aspect.

Jimmy_Hopkins
  • Jimmy_Hopkins

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:16 AM

Y'know, maybe the top-down was an homage to their first couple of awesome games.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

No, it's simply all to do with the the hardware limitations of the DS. It's view is made so that LODing is minimal (If at all) and a managable amount of detail is seen on screen. It's little to do with art style choice (Although that would have been factored in making the 3D Isometic view work).

joshdempsey
  • joshdempsey

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

I think they could have pushed the PSPs graphics further... anyone?

Jimmy_Hopkins
  • Jimmy_Hopkins

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

No, it's simply all to do with the the hardware limitations of the DS. It's view is made so that LODing is minimal (If at all) and a manageable amount of detail is seen on screen. It's little to do with art style choice (Although that would have been factored in making the 3D Isometric view work).

I'm just saying, it bears a strong similarity to the first few GTA games, and they probably had fun "going back to the past" a bit, even if the top-down wasn't the original decision.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

Oh yeah, for sure! I'm quite glad the DS made them use the view, it was nice for me to play a game similar to the original GTAs and I'm sure it was fun for them to do as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users