TBOGT Automatic Weapon Zoom Fix?

14 replies to this topic
asyntax
  • asyntax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:26 AM

Hello,

One thing i noticed when playing tbogt is that whenever you aim a weapon, it is automatically set to full zoom. This was not the case in vanilla GTA IV, where you had to zoom in manually.

I know that you can alter how far away the player model is while aiming by pressing V, and this kind of remedies the problem, but i personally like the player model as close as possible, just without the auto-zoom.

I was wondering if there is a mod or a fix for this that makes aiming in tbogt exactly like how it is in gta iv. Perhaps there's a config file that needs to be altered or something.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  • TomiX likes this

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

it only does that if you were in full zoom when you stopped aiming/shooting.

If you zoom out before shooting/aiming you'll not be zooming in anymore.

This is because the game remembers which zoom level you were at so you can seemlessly go back to the way you were shooting before.

(If i'm wrong it's a simple mistake, but as far as I can remember I'm correct.) cool.gif

asyntax
  • asyntax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:55 AM

thanks for the speedy reply haha.

i checked in-game just to be sure, and it actually just reverts to full zoom despite whether or not you were zoomed in when you last aimed the weapon.

i appreciate the help though biggrin.gif

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

ok, i tried. biggrin.gif

I'm firing up the 360 right now.

asyntax
  • asyntax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

oh sorry i forgot to specify, i have the pc version haha. i'm not sure how it works on 360.

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (asyntax @ Aug 15 2010, 00:47)
oh sorry i forgot to specify, i have the pc version haha. i'm not sure how it works on 360.

I figured you were on the PC since you talked about editing files. rolleyes.gif

But maybe it's something to do with the port to the PC. There were many bugs from what I've seen. catspider.gif
Hopefully someone on PC will come by and point you in the right direction with this. monocle.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:39 AM Edited by kudoboi, 15 August 2010 - 11:45 AM.

QUOTE (asyntax @ Aug 15 2010, 06:26)
Hello,

One thing i noticed when playing tbogt is that whenever you aim a weapon, it is automatically set to full zoom.  This was not the case in vanilla GTA IV, where you had to zoom in manually.

I know that you can alter how far away the player model is while aiming by pressing V, and this kind of remedies the problem, but i personally like the player model as close as possible, just without the auto-zoom.

I was wondering if there is a mod or a fix for this that makes aiming in tbogt exactly like how it is in gta iv.  Perhaps there's a config file that needs to be altered or something.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

i uninstalled my iv but there is a file on common > data for player view.
ill check it out now on the file name.
as far as i know there is 1 like that for editing car view and angles.
also by as near as possible u mean 1st person mod? there is 1 mod for it.
edit: i found it within 5 seconds lol, go to EFLC>common>data visual settings. thats the IV one. the EFLC one is at EFLC>tbogt>common>data. but im not sure as there are 2 visual settings in the iv folder. one is in exel and the other 1 is in dat(notepad) you should try taking the visual settings.dat in iv and replace it with the tbogt one. see if it works. remember to backup incase of crashing. i cannot help u with the trying out myself thing as i messed with the game and now i keep getting error every time i open it but i quited the game anyway xd

asyntax
  • asyntax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the reply, kudoboi.

I tried swapping in the GTA IV visualsettings.dat into TBOGT, but no dice haha.

I also compared the TBOGT visualsettings.dat with the GTA IV one, but i couldn't find any difference between the two.

The problem is probably somewhere else lol.

By as close as possible i don't mean first person, just close third person. I basically want aiming in TBOGT to behave exactly as in GTA IV.

Thanks for the help. was worth a try. biggrin.gif
  • TomiX likes this

The Lolwut Pear
  • The Lolwut Pear

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Improved 2010

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

The view settings are only for the position of the Unzoomable player camera, weapon aiming would stay the same.

This happens to me too, in PC, it's strange. dontgetit.gif

But are you so lazy you can't just zoom it out?

asyntax
  • asyntax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

lol yeah it just bugs me for some reason. anyone happen to know which file controls the weapon aiming camera?

PaddyM
  • PaddyM

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I've been having this issue across all currently-released patches for the game. Is it a bug, an oversight or did Rockstar decide that it's better this way?

It's extremely irritating, especially so when you're fighting indoors or up close to the enemy. If anyone knows of a hack or mod that'll fix it - assuming Rockstar aren't bothering to sort it out themselves - that'd be great smile.gif

NitroBullet
  • NitroBullet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

bump

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

I'm thinking R* did this as a test for V. its almost a throwback to the aiming we had in SA. there it automatically zoomed in and if I remember right, there was no zoom out for SA. Someday I'll play that again and find out for sure.

PaddyM
  • PaddyM

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Puto Bendejo @ Sep 23 2010, 04:54)
I'm thinking R* did this as a test for V. its almost a throwback to the aiming we had in SA. there it automatically zoomed in and if I remember right, there was no zoom out for SA. Someday I'll play that again and find out for sure.

I have it installed on Steam; the weapon aiming/zooming can't be adjusted except in the case of the sniper rifle. The small arms zoom in a little and the rifles, like the AK47, zoom in once then a split second later zoom in a little further. However, it's doesn't zoom in that much in relation to CJ (in other words, you're not right on top of him like you are in GTA IV), and it doesn't affect close-quarters combat the way it does in TBoGT.

It seems like a trivial problem to complain about, but it's so very, very annoying haha.
  • B Dawg likes this

TomiX
  • TomiX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:42 AM Edited by TomiX, 28 March 2014 - 07:42 AM.

i whant the same thing like you asyntax, but i dont have a solution if i found one y will tell you friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users