Photo

Put a new armour on this rusty lowrider

12 replies to this topic
pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

I just today, on Friday, 13th of all days, acquired DP/BP/EP/FP Savanna from mission Photo Opportunity. Without any cheats or mods.
How to do it? Quite easy, actually. Start the mission as usual. Go to the Red County, south of Blueberry, where Cesar is waiting for CJ. Then you need a “little” detour, you must drive his Savanna to the Los Santos, to the Bomb Shop. Install a bomb in Savanna, then drive to Angel Pine. Park in the red marker.
After that Cesar will go out of the car and head to the roof. Park Savanna close to the steps leading up on the roof, activate the bomb and RUN up there, to the second red marker. You must enter it before cars blows up.
Now you are in camera mode, you are supposed to take a photo of Ryder. Ignore that sucker and keep your camera on the wreck of Savanna. After no time the mission will fail and you'll have full control of a CJ again. Drop from the roof and go to the wreck. Now it is just a matter of pushing it to the garage. Granted, it is quite a push, as the nearest garage is in San Fierro, but in countryside you can easily steal big truck, so it is not so painful after all.

IVSA_Guy
  • IVSA_Guy

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Nice found, another reason to play SA.
And pushing it to garage is a challenge tounge.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:55 AM

Haha pushing the wreck sounds kinda painful. I had it with acquiring proofed vehicles after I failed to push the BP/FP/EP/DP Newsvan from Cut Throat Business with my Sawnoff lol.

... turned the camera away from it for a second and it was gone. On other attempts I got killed by cops. sad.gif

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:21 AM Edited by Krawk, 24 September 2010 - 05:43 AM.

Flippin Amazing, it is being added to my personal guide!
Without looking again, OrionSR did a dump of all the scripts and what proofings the game did, was this on the list?

Edit, oh, I see

CODE
Photo Opportunity: Ryder's Picador; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: T-Bone's ZR 350; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Jizzy's Broadway; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Toreno's Washington; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Cesar's Savanna; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Sep 24 2010, 06:21)
OrionSR did a dump of all the scripts and what proofings the game did, was this on the list?

Edit, oh, I see

CODE

Yeah, that have given me a general idea. Now I see that I have forgotten to thank him for puting up this list...

Thanks OrionSR, without you I would never thought to look in the direction of "The Photo Opportunity".

Alas, the other cars from this mission seem to be unobtainables.
But at least I can now put some spacial bumpers and stuff on my Savenna, and don't loose it at the first crash.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:14 PM Edited by AH64Hunter, 01 October 2010 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (pomor @ Sep 24 2010, 10:16)
QUOTE (Krawk @ Sep 24 2010, 06:21)
OrionSR did a dump of all the scripts and what proofings the game did, was this on the list?

Edit, oh, I see

CODE

Yeah, that have given me a general idea. Now I see that I have forgotten to thank him for puting up this list...

Thanks OrionSR, without you I would never thought to look in the direction of "The Photo Opportunity".

Alas, the other cars from this mission seem to be unobtainables.
But at least I can now put some spacial bumpers and stuff on my Savenna, and don't loose it at the first crash.

Yeah when I was go for all the proofed cars I was trying to see if putting in the blow up all cars cheat works but I cant the cheat does not work or at least not for the ps2 greatest hits.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Sep 24 2010, 16:14)
ya when i was go for all the proofed cars i was trying to see if putting in the blow up all cars cheat works but i cant the cheat does not work or at least not for the ps2 greatest hits

Well, on PC, v.1.0, the cars will explode, but after mission faliure the wrecks are nowhere to be seen.
Funny enough, if you use blow up cheat too early, killing Ryder, Jizzy, Toreno or T-Bone, the mission will hung up, for ever, in the cammera view.

Argh.. to break out of this view...But even spawning Hydra on the roof, then exploding it, will not harm neither Cesar nor CJ.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:58 AM Edited by AH64Hunter, 28 September 2010 - 01:00 AM.

QUOTE (pomor @ Sep 27 2010, 18:50)
QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Sep 24 2010, 16:14)
ya when i was go for all the proofed cars i was trying to see if putting in the blow up all cars cheat works but i cant the cheat does not work or at least not for the ps2 greatest hits

Well, on PC, v.1.0, the cars will explode, but after mission faliure the wrecks are nowhere to be seen.
Funny enough, if you use blow up cheat too early, killing Ryder, Jizzy, Toreno or T-Bone, the mission will hung up, for ever, in the cammera view.

Argh.. to break out of this view...But even spawning Hydra on the roof, then exploding it, will not harm neither Cesar nor CJ.

Does the Commit Suicide code or staving to death work.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Sep 28 2010, 01:58)
Does the Commit Suicide code or staving to death work.

The first one works, starving I did not try. You can also use codes to raise a wanted level, cops will kill CJ eventually, but it would not disloge him from that camera position on the roof. Anyway, mission fails and you respawn at the hospital. ZR 350 and stuff no longer there.

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

What about using the Jetpack cheat to get out of the camera position.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

That's an interesting idea. Why don't you try it and see how it works?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:19 PM Edited by Krawk, 29 October 2010 - 03:31 AM.

Wow, nobody has actually CONFIRMED this car can be had so I just did it.
It was quite a long drive. At first I used a tanker, by the time I got to Foster Valley though it was destroyed, along comes a Securicar, that worked great too.
Of course if you keep getting stuck in traffic jams just fire your driveby weapon once, they all disperse.
Just in case you're worried about your hunger status, remember there's a vendor in Angel Pine. I chose to get food at the SF stadium, the route I took was due North, then got on the freeway near foster valley, got off right away then cut across the parking lot through the stadium. I highly recommend the Hashbury garage because it has a very wide door and the Savanna will most likely be sideways when you push it, just nudge it to the edge of the door, the door will open, back up slightly, ram it inside and then quickly back off. I'm quite surprised how light this car is to push, many destroyed proofs are nearly impossible to push.

Picture of SACC, as you see in the Hashbury garage the Savanna is parked,

user posted image

Below this is a map of the route I took to get from Angel Pine to Hashbury

user posted image

I'm going to look at the other cars quickly, I would love a proofed Washington.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (AH64Hunter @ Sep 30 2010, 22:50)
What about using the Jetpack cheat to get out of the camera position.

Tried Jetpack cheat, no go
Tried Spawning various vehicles with cheats and then trying to get in them, no go
Loaded SACC, tried Teleporting, still stays locked in camera mode on the roof
Tried spawning various vehicles that have odd properties with SACC (anyone remember Area 69 with a Freeway?), no go
Tried SACC forcing active weapon changes, no go
Tried Forcing a date, no go

I did notice on a death that the game is still hesitant to float away as though CJ gets lodged into a wall or something when in camera mode... What's the Clip Walls cheat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users