Photo

BioShock Infinite

236 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

Just tried out the new DLC yesterday, not happy at all with the outcome. I waited over 4 months after buying my season pass just to get a lazy horde mode DLC, pathetic.

Thankfully they did announce the next 2 DLCS right away because they knew people would be pissed at this, can't wait.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:31 AM Edited by Rown, 10 October 2013 - 07:33 AM.

New Trailer for the 1st story DLC. It's the first five minutes.

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS

FROM MAIN GAME

It looks amazing. They seem to have kept the cool lived-in atmosphere from the main game. The whole concept of this DLC excites me and I'm hoping it goes to disc so I can put it on the shelf alongside the snazzily covered Infinite.

Rown :rampage:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Haha, did you guys see the bought review on GameSpot with a 9/10:

http://www.gamespot....shock-infinite/

And then 9/10 months later they look back at it, rating it a 4/10:

http://www.gamespot....d/1900-6415464/

What a bunch of f*cking idiots. One far too high, one too low.

• AceRay likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Since when should we care about Gamespot/Gametrailers? Both are total sh*t. They know nothing about videogames.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

Downloading Burial at Sea via Steam as I type this.

I haven't really been following much but I was looking forward to this DLC.  Is this the first time it was labeled as Episode 1?  Is there going to be short episodic content that I some how missed the news or misunderstood something or other?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yeah i believe there's going to be a burial at sea episode 2!

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Very cool.

I just pulled myself away from episode 1.  There might not be anything as visually pleasing than playing this game on a PC with all the graphic settings maxed.  Totally f*cking beautiful.  

Hanging out in early Rapture is great.  My only complaint is the opening could have been fluffier.  Sure it is DLC and all, but if you are going to change up the whole setting and create a new story at least give us something of a cinematic opening.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Yeah it's a visual feast on pc. I haven't downloaded it yet will save it for after gtaos shine and next gen has worn off. Got lots of gaming todo and I'm sure this dlc will be worth the wait.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

I just finished EP1.  Loved it.  Short as hell (I knew that going in), but well worth it.

It didn't have as much of a rail shooter feel to it either.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by Chukkles, 17 November 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Really enjoyed the DLC, it was great going back to Rapture and can't wait to return in Ep 2.

I'm not sure if is is a different version of Rapture but I like the idea of the
Spoiler

WTF was up with that ending though, (without spoilers).
??????????????????????

I think I need to replay the main campaign again.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

It's almost the exact same ending as Infinite, but with a few sprinkles on it.

But poor, Booker, The guy can't catch a break.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yeah.  Totally looking forward to Ep2.  I vow to never hit the 'n' key in Ep2.  I'm all too familiar with Ken Levine(followed him before Bioshock) and Shawn Elliot(followed him way before he was on the development side of games) and their love of [I'm not even going to try and spell it but it is something french sounding] allowing the setting to dictate the scene and spur the natural instincts in the human to be directed without knowing they are being directed.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Just started playing this game a few days ago as it is free on PS Plus and have never played a Bioshock game before. I know I'm late as it's been out for a year at this point but have to say that I am enjoying it so far. It isn't exactly what I expected as I always thought it was like the Fallout series but still fun none the less.

I'm not that far along in the storyline as I still have to get the 'shock jockey'. I was wondering does the rest of the game have similar gameplay such as go here shoot some bad guys and move on or do the chapters/missions start to have more variety to them?

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Just started playing this game a few days ago as it is free on PS Plus and have never played a Bioshock game before. I know I'm late as it's been out for a year at this point but have to say that I am enjoying it so far. It isn't exactly what I expected as I always thought it was like the Fallout series but still fun none the less.

I'm not that far along in the storyline as I still have to get the 'shock jockey'. I was wondering does the rest of the game have similar gameplay such as go here shoot some bad guys and move on or do the chapters/missions start to have more variety to them?

That's the only negative I had with the game. The combat got a bit repetitive after a while. But... prepare yourself for the ending. Don't spoil yourself and read about it. It will blow your mind.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

That's the only negative I had with the game. The combat got a bit repetitive after a while. But... prepare yourself for the ending. Don't spoil yourself and read about it. It will blow your mind.

I'm not going to read about the ending if I can help it.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yeah I'd agree that it does get a bit repetitive. What you've played already, that pretty much is the gameplay.

You should definitely stick with it and finish the story though.

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

BioShock 2 was decent, but I didn't love it. The original BioShock though... Unbelievable. You have to play it after you're done with Infinite. I would also recommend playing the Infinite DLC. There are two episodes. The first episode is out and the second one is coming out soon (the 25th). It obviously adds on to the Infinite story.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

Funny stuff - I just popped in here to see if anyone had a date for the second Burial at Sea DLC. So 25th of this month? Sweet...

Too bad Irrational is no more. I would have happily paid for tons more DLC episodes.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I'd agree that it does get a bit repetitive. What you've played already, that pretty much is the gameplay.

Ah ok I see. Well even at the point I am at I want to finish the game to see where it ends and how it ends. I just wish that it changed it up a bit as at times games with the same gameplay all the way through tend to get on my nerves towards the end of the game.

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Ah ok I see. Well even at the point I am at I want to finish the game to see where it ends and how it ends. I just wish that it changed it up a bit as at times games with the same gameplay all the way through tend to get on my nerves towards the end of the game.

Story, acting, characters, and graphics make up for it!

Funny stuff - I just popped in here to see if anyone had a date for the second Burial at Sea DLC. So 25th of this month? Sweet...

Too bad Irrational is no more. I would have happily paid for tons more DLC episodes.

Yep. Next Tuesday. Will be the FINAL BioShock made by IG. I will probably start crying when the credits roll. I can't wait, but the same time I am not looking forward to it. :(

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:15 AM

I wish Bioshock Infinite wasn't two different games.  One being the PC version and the other being the console version.  I want to come in here and praise the DLC's - especially the final one, but I fear people will think I'm PC biased.

If you dig Infinite on the PC and haven't played the DLC's, I highly suggest you check them out.  Both of them take you away from the rail shooter that was Infinite and have their own little tweaks as well...But that final episode is beautiful and semi mind blowing.  I've never felt so rewarded in the first 10 minutes of a game...ever...EVER! 

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

It's funny you should say that trip as I'm finding it rather dull and slow paced I'm over an hour in on the latest dlc.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

It must have just grabbed me differently then.  Kind of hard to talk about it without a page a spoilers (or the new crappy spoiler tags), but I like how it connects pieces of the main story.  I found a lot of "ahhhhh I get it" moments.

Again - the opening sequence.

Spoiler

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Agree. Episode 2 was the best DLC I've ever played. You have to be a huge BioShock fan though in order to really appreciate everything about it. If you're not, a lot will pass over your head and you won't enjoy it as much. Episode 1 was a bit dull though. I liked the first half where there was no combat. But, as soon as the combat started up, it felt like BioShock: Infinite all over again.

I pretty much started crying when the credits started to roll after I beat episode 2. Knowing there will never be new BioShock content ever again...

• trip likes this

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I've always wondered "What if this game was on the PS4 as well?". But, after Irrational Games broke apart, I seemed to have lost all hope.

I'm still hoping that one studio would make a smart move and port Bio Infinite to PS4, Wii U, and XOne.

If done right, they could make a profit from it.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

They would make better profit if they actually make or port much better game like first Bioshock.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

coffee paper, yes

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Perhaps someone could shed light on this weird happening in my play through..

Is there any reason why my Devil's Kiss traps are being ignited too early? What happens is I set the traps on the ground, and sometimes they just spontaneously ignite, without any enemy in sight. It's incredibly frustrating because I lose my salts from this bullsh*t, and I'm currently trying to use this "trap" technique on one of the boss fights, but all my traps pretty much go to waste as they are set off by seemingly nothing at all. What gives? Is there a time limit on them? Does Elizabeth set them off if she goes too close? I really want to understand this. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users