Photo

BioShock Infinite

245 replies to this topic
Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Pretty much explains the way I feel about this game.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Tell me what you think. My friends just says it's good. I want an honest opinion.

Should I be doing a playtrough?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Unfortunately I cant watch it, king of minora, I have no data usage left, but can I ask have you ever had a problem with the autosaves? I play for a few hours but it doesn't save(although it says it does)

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 22:03)
Unfortunately I cant watch it, king of minora, I have no data usage left, but can I ask have you ever had a problem with the autosaves? I play for a few hours but it doesn't save(although it says it does)

So far I have not had that problem.

Is it a consol or pc problem?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (King Of Monra @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 22:07)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 22:03)

So far I have not had that problem.

Is it a consol or pc problem?

I'm on the xbox 360.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by King Of Monra, 13 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Ah ok, I play on the PC.

And I just noticed that for some reason, over half of my recording did not come up on my youtube upload.

That sucks. It is suppose to last for 25+ minutes, not 6 minutes.

I have to try and reupload it.

And the part I liked the most myself was in the bar, and that is not in there..... Anyway, trying to reupload and hopefully all of it will be there.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Finally finished it today and yes it is a very emotional journey. Ending was great the one question remains is! I want to know how that one girl in the Duke and dimmwit pier part Calls Elizabeth Anna just before you enter the turn styles? Perhaps a hint at some DLC? Also love the bit where you work out the AD scar actually stands For Anna Dewitt

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 16:22)
Finally finished it today and yes it is a very emotional journey. Ending was great the one question remains is! I want to know how that one girl in the Duke and dimmwit pier part Calls Elizabeth Anna just before you enter the turn styles? Perhaps a hint at some DLC? Also love the bit where you work out the AD scar actually stands For Anna Dewitt

I do believe that that is just a coincidence. There is no way anyone would know who Anna is/was, they didn't even know what Elizabeth looked like. So I believe she called out "Annabelle?" as a way to get her to identify herself to her, then she walks on up to the ticket room where you get ambushed, so that's how they knew you were Booker. Also can be taken as foreshadowing, there are a lot of father/daughter hints.

Currently on my second play through on 1999 mode using no Dollar Bill machines while collecting all voxaphones, infusions and telescopes. Considering how slow I took my first play through it's crazy how much I missed, also after reading up on the timeline and ending explanations, a second play through is f*cking awesome. This game is fantastic.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Does anyone else have problems with the checkpoint/autosave system. I love this game but it seems that the game only properly saves at the beginning of a new chapter, so many times I have had to re do the same section because the save didn't register. The game is lucky its so good otherwise I would have traded it in by now.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

So hows the game? I have been hearing only good about this game, Do you think this is a pretty good contender for GOTY?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Well i enjoyed it from start to finish. the shooting becomes a little boring, but a few different enemy's towards the end of the game mixes it up a bit. The story it self is very compeling and the lead up to the ending explains alot but also leaves you with questions. It's only around 9 hoursish of gameplay but i don't think i have had a game that has been this engaging in terms of plot line for ages. Elizabeth is a welcome addition and you don't realize how much you rely on her in times of need you do miss her at certain points! Her coding is a bit strange sometimes like one minute she is infront of you, then you turn round and she is suddenly behind you but i think i can forgive that. She can also explore the levels and is constantly looking around the part you are in. It makes her seem like she is actually interested in what is going on around her instead of just being one of these AI characters that follow you everywhere and just stand there.

I think it could be a very strong contender on the basis of storyline and Graphics but the gameplay was slightly let down with the ammount of shooting, but it was balanced in terms of downtime after gunfights that allowed you to take it easy until the next big battle.

I'm certainly looking forward to some DLC but not 100% sure what they are going todo with it?

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Just completed the game.
wow, just wow.

Here is the 24 minute long video that I made. Hopefully you'll like it (it's of the game) It doesn't have any spoilers, not any big ones anyway.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ok ok... finally fixed my PC after 2 weeks trying to getting it back to work again (simple solution: buy new 2nd 1tb harddrive and reinstall everything, use that to take backups of other harddrive).

Anyways FINALLY this game runs smooth and I'm finally able to play some more. And I must say whoa... I'm not at Fink MFG and just heard a song through a tear. I am preparing for f*cking epic sh*t. I mean... after all the references towards other sh*t with tears and whatnot and just. I mean.

It's been a long time since I've been so captivated by a singleplayer game/story of a game. Not in a way like this. *posts and alt/tabs back to the game and plays more before leaving off to work =D*

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm doing a "lets play" of the game.

Here is part 1
And of course, be aware of spoilers. Though part 1 doesn't really have that many spoilers.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by Supreme., 04 July 2013 - 04:32 AM.

Just played this. Predictably the series remains a slick bastard of System Shock 2, and so I rate them:

System Shock 2....9+/10
BioShock 1...........8ish/10
BioShock 2...........8ish/10
BS Infinite............7/10

BS 1 & 2 trade hits and really I prefer viewing them as a set, more so than SS 1 & 2. However, Infinite...

Firstly, I very much prefer Rapture, not shallowly based on the darkness, but the art style, grimey decay, eeriness with the Little Sisters etc and the imposing underwater setting (I'm kinda claustrophobic, enhances my enjoyment given decent design). So they largely discarded the tense, lurking nature that uncannily shines in SS2 and still exists okay in BS 1 & 2. That would otherwise be fine except what they changed it to, apart from a few bits, is heaps of mediocrity. On general gameplay, the enemies are mostly at the peak of boring fodder now and altho fairly spiced up the abilities became stale before the end, considered with the pacing and other disappointing elements.

Some of the story/characters were nice but most are so dully contrived. The tears would've been far better if they'd created beyond the 95% petty tweaking/teasing, and quaint Liz is very forgettable which is a shame considering her shoehorned role. The Vox thing may be more tangible but it's still rehashed and transparent. A prime example is Comstock who ironically Sophia Lamb easily trumps let alone Ryan, and quickly found myself wanting him to take a literal leap of faith for being such wet garbage than his trumpeted build. Several things such as the Black/'Irish' or the Handyman bits are more half-assed filler, and didn't get my hopes up for intriguing revelations of Songbird, just chuckled when it choked on a hardly-boiled egg.

It's so unconvincing, seems a cheaper spin-off of already lesser sons of a great sire, blargh....

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by meta187, 02 July 2013 - 08:21 AM.

Supreme you jaded ol'soNso - glad you crawled out from under that ban, it's been ages. ^

I liked Infinite a bit better than 2 but probably slightly less than 1.

I had a friend one night sit me down and extol the virtues of System Shock's storyline from beginning to end as a sort of Holy Grail PC game from another era. What if any elements do you think carried over to this current series?

*I bought the season pass for this game but for what?! When is some DLC going to drop for this thing already. More importantly how is that even going to work given the ending?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:55 AM

Damn it when I saw the topic had been bumped I hoped it was news about dlc.

You bring up some valid points and you can look at it like that. Personally I got bored of rapture about 3 quaters of the way through bioshock2 so the new more openish setting was a god send. It was nice to see a company actually stepping back and doing something different instead of just pumping out the same old just slightly different game every few years.

In my eyes it has matured nicely since its first outing and the storyline itself was very captivating for the majority of the audience playing it.

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 23:55)
Damn it when I saw the topic had been bumped I hoped it was news about dlc.

You bring up some valid points and you can look at it like that. Personally I got bored of rapture about 3 quaters of the way through bioshock2 so the new more openish setting was a god send. It was nice to see a company actually stepping back and doing something different instead of just pumping out the same old just slightly different game every few years.

In my eyes it has matured nicely since its first outing and the storyline itself was very captivating for the majority of the audience playing it.

Haha but there IS news about dlc "BioShock Infinite DLC will be revealed in July"

Sauce - http://www.gamespot....in-july-6410941

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by Supreme., 04 July 2013 - 04:34 AM.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 03:51)
Supreme you jaded ol'soNso - glad you crawled out from under than ban, it's been ages. ^

Wasn't banned, just too jaded busy to post 'round here orly.gif

I liked Infinite a bit better than 2 but probably slightly less than 1. 

I do think Infinite has the basic gameplay mechanics and graphics. On those two bits- Infinite > BS2 > BS1; Story/characters- BS1 > BS2 >>> Infinite; General design- BS1&2 >>> Infinite. ....See? I'm reasonable colgate.gif

I had a friend one night sit me down and extol the virtues of System Shock's storyline from beginning to end as a sort of Holy Grail PC game from another era. What if any elements do you think carried over to this current series?

SS2 has its flaws, such as the developers somehow miscalculating and making from scratch models that looked years dated before the game even came out lol.gif . What it does best is inexplicably amazing atmosphere and one of the greatest villains in (PC) gaming history, and a rival 'villain' that's also quite...unique. The supporting cast is generally better than any BS's through OG radio, audio logs and ghosts/visions. There's a proper inventory, some hacking, and different 'career paths' with more proper stats that are chosen at the start and gradually upgraded with 'cyber modules' like ADAM. Those, Hybrids & bots with that unique villain's 'influence' roughly equate to splicers & plasmids etc. Better challenge is also with FAR scarcer resources and weapon degradation (unrealistically but I love it, can be modded off apparently) and a bit due to aged mechanics--d'oh!, but BS games are often so laughably easy in comparison..

And I discovered it over eight years later, after BS1...so there's no nostalgia factor and not (very) jaded wink.gif If you or anyone else is interested, have a read here: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=545926

~~~

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 03:55)
Personally I got bored of rapture about 3 quaters of the way through bioshock2

That's fair enough and of course so much is mere preference. When I tried the second one I hadn't played the first one in four years, went through both a second time a few months ago.

so the new more openish setting was a god send.

The hook/rails and skyscape do give it a decent boost.

It was nice to see a company actually stepping back and doing something different instead of just pumping out the same old just slightly different game every few years.

Oh, no complaint there, I do think the new setting is p. cool in general. SS 1 & 2 were in space, so there's a healthy pattern of needed change.

On basic gameplay mechanics and graphics, I agree they've done progressively better with the three games there. But story/characters and how it all works together are what I find very dire mostly....I'll just hold back my thoughts on Average Joe's captivation, pardon tounge2.gif

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

I think Infinite is the best in the series in every respect. Bioshock 2 doesn't really count in my books.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

sweet jesus. WE ARE BACK IN RAPTURE!

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Two DLC's incoming

I had to laugh at that second one. The night I met my ex, I said, "My name's Joseph...you can call me Joe." to which she replied, "My name's Barbara... you can call me Barbara." *sigh*

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

For some reason it never occurred to me that the DLC may have us playing one of the many alternate pairs of Booker & Elizabeth, and especially a Rapture alternate pair. Looking forward to it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm really exited for the DLC. It sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Rapture FTW!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

ooo yesssss looking foward to seeing rapture before it went crazy! Especially as it's both of my favorite game characters.

I assume that the clash in the clouds is just a wave mode? if that's the case not too excited for that!

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Gotta say, i'm pretty happy that I kept my copy.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Making a horde style DLC is a bit of a cop out but a return to Rapture? YUS!, very nice indeed.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Wow, so they're doing DLC the right way?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Damn, I wish we had a date for Burial at Sea.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

user posted image

My face when i witnessed the ending.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users