Photo

BioShock Infinite

246 replies to this topic
Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:01 AM Edited by Hameer, 29 March 2013 - 08:04 AM.

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 07:45)
QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 15:22)
Yeah, I guess like always it kind of varies. All of my mates seemed to agree on a rather short playtime of 10ish hours, and a lot of users on Reddit agreed too. That's not always a bad thing though - I'm sure the game is easily worth buying! I just want something be able to play for a while when it comes to dropping $60+ on a game.

Edit: Any of you playing on consoles?

Trust me it's worth it. Lots of replayablity too.

I'm playing on the 360. I'm surprised at how smooth the graphics are. No texture hiccups ever since I've started the game. Only problem I have with the consoles version is that you can't manually save.

And I repeat, the sky rails are the best thing ever to happen in a video game for quite a while now.

Can you tell me the solution of a problem. When it says auto saving at the top right corner, it doesn't save because when I quit and get back to the game I restart from the previous checkpoint.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Hameer @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 16:01)
Yeah, I guess like always it kind of varies. All of my mates seemed to agree on a rather short playtime of 10ish hours, and a lot of users on Reddit agreed too. That's not always a bad thing though - I'm sure the game is easily worth buying! I just want something be able to play for a while when it comes to dropping $60+ on a game.

I'm playing on the 360. I'm surprised at how smooth the graphics are. No texture hiccups ever since I've started the game. Only problem I have with the consoles version is that you can't manually save.

And I repeat, the sky rails are the best thing ever to happen in a video game for quite a while now.

Can you tell me the solution of a problem. When it says auto saving at the top right corner, it doesn't save because when I quit and get back to the game I restart from the previous checkpoint.

There's a difference between auto saving and manually saving. Even if you quit the game, it auto saves at your checkpoint instead of where you stopped playing. It's tedious as some of the checkpoints are just too far from one another. I once lost fifteen minutes of gameplay because it loaded from a checkpoint I did a while ago.

Oh and seriously, Robert and Rosalind are some of the coolest characters ever. This game does so many things right.

Really can't wait to finish the game. I keep hearing it's awesomely mind blowing.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 08:10)
QUOTE (Hameer @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 16:01)

There's a difference between auto saving and manually saving. Even if you quit the game, it auto saves at your checkpoint instead of where you stopped playing. It's tedious as some of the checkpoints are just too far from one another. I once lost fifteen minutes of gameplay because it loaded from a checkpoint I did a while ago.

Oh and seriously, Robert and Rosalind are some of the coolest characters ever. This game does so many things right.

Really can't wait to finish the game. I keep hearing it's awesomely mind blowing.

So how to know that "when it really saves".

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

When you reach a checkpoint, it should tell you are auto saving at the corner of the screen. I mean like duh.

Also when you're quitting to the main menu, there's a prompt telling you when was your last auto save.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 17:45)

Cheers mate.

I might take advantage of my local retailers 7 day money back guarantee and basically play the game for free and return it. tounge.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

did anyone else get the vibe of close encounters of the third kind in the first section?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 14:57)
did anyone else get the vibe of close encounters of the third kind in the first section?

Not really. From the first hour I've played I'm thinking it feels a bit like The Wicker Man.

Very linear so far but I don't think I'm past the tutorial yet. Just had my first combat encounter after making a big choice, and wondering how it would have played out if I'd chosen differently.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I was talking about his part! and even he says it in the video lol

http://youtu.be/P4oWWg6ZwtE?t=1m39s

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Right after you wake up on the beach after freeing Elizabeth there is a random NPC near you that I think looks a lot like Ken Levine. Nice touch.

Anyway, I'm a few hours in and liking it so far but I'm missing a few features from the first two games. I'm still waiting for the huge twist so I'll see how I like the game afterwards. I remember being skeptical about Bioshock 1 until the very late parts of the game, same with Bioshock 2, but now I love them both. Bioshock games seem to age like fine wine in my eyes so I hope Infinite continues the tradition.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Am going to pick this up in a few days, I just hope they haven't casualised it too much.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I loved Bioshock 2 and will probably pick this up

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 30 March 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Finished the game. So much to talk about. Holy crap the revelation that most people who didn't play Bioshock 1 or are just not as interested in thinking about it probably won't even notice.

here it goes Booker is Andrew Ryan in one of the possible realities. Which makes the protagonist of Bioshock 1 just a male version of Elizabeth.

Think about this for a few minutes. Let it sink in.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 21:00)
Finished the game. So much to talk about. Holy crap the revelation that most people who didn't play Bioshock 1 or are just not as interested in thinking about it probably won't even notice.

here it goes Booker is Andrew Ryan in one of the possible realities. Which makes the protagonist of Bioshock 1 just a male version of Elizabeth.

Really? Then holy crap I seriously misunderstood the ending on my part.

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

One of my favorite things about this game is the anachronistic music. To me it's so cool how Fink's brother listened in on tears (and the future music coming from within) and made a killer profit off of it. Jeremiah Fink (of Fink Mfg) apparently peered into a tear showing Rapture....and especially the Big Daddies. That's where the inspiration for Songbird came from. Also, the woman singing "Fortunate Son" by CCR blew me away.

The ending was fantastic I thought once you wrap your head around everything....I really haven't reflected this much on a videogame's story and theories since Silent Hill 2. It's worth every dollar I spent in my opinion and I can't wait until the DLC comes out.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Tsar_Smirnoff @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 03:08)
One of my favorite things about this game is the anachronistic music. To me it's so cool how Fink's brother listened in on tears (and the future music coming from within) and made a killer profit off of it. Jeremiah Fink (of Fink Mfg) apparently peered into a tear showing Rapture....and especially the Big Daddies. That's where the inspiration for Songbird came from. Also, the woman singing "Fortunate Son" by CCR blew me away.

The ending was fantastic I thought once you wrap your head around everything....I really haven't reflected this much on a videogame's story and theories since Silent Hill 2. It's worth every dollar I spent in my opinion and I can't wait until the DLC comes out.

But you've completed it already, what, 2 days? 3?

The first Bioshock actually stumped me and I put it down for months before going back onto it, but even without the put down, it would have never taken me 2 3 days, try weeks.

Why is it so short?????

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

"God only knows where I'd be without yooooooooou...!" smile.gif Singing it all night at work. Gonna dive in and complete as much as I can today.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

man im in love with the charge vigor. ever since i got it i only used that. im disappointed that you can't access the season pass items without starting a new game though D:

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 03:24)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 21:00)

Really? Then holy crap I seriously misunderstood the ending on my part.

This is just a theory. Another just as awesome possibility is that Booker is Subject Delta and Elizabeth is Eleanor Lamb

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 04:07)
"God only knows where I'd be without yooooooooou...!"  smile.gif Singing it all night at work. Gonna dive in and complete as much as I can today.

They did a great job with the music. That's for sure.

I've pretty much just started. I'm playing with everything maxed out and the view perspective as wide as possible...Freaking beautiful.

Maybe it is because I'm playing on easy but the only thing I don't like(even though I like the mechanics of it in DeadSpace) is the hint option to tell you which direction you should be walking. Sure I know I don't have to use it - but once I know about it, it is pretty impossible not to want to use it. For such a visually immersive game they should have just trusted their design and intuitive level pathing. It always feels like the fantasy of it all is removed when you can see a big glowing line on the ground telling you where to walk.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's definitely gorgeous on ultra. I have several other games I've backburnered and haven't finished yet but I think I'd rather replay this.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 18:14)
Maybe it is because I'm playing on easy but the only thing I don't like(even though I like the mechanics of it in DeadSpace) is the hint option to tell you which direction you should be walking. Sure I know I don't have to use it - but once I know about it, it is pretty impossible not to want to use it. For such a visually immersive game they should have just trusted their design and intuitive level pathing. It always feels like the fantasy of it all is removed when you can see a big glowing line on the ground telling you where to walk.

That's what I thought, so I try not to use it except when I'm backtracking to find some silly safe, and lost my way. I play on Hard, and turned off all of the visual clues and icons possible. It's damn challenging, and it's much easier to get immersed in the story. smile.gif

ThunderSt0rm
  • ThunderSt0rm

(CDC ftw)Do you think we could play another game?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Planning to buy Bioshock Infinite. Heard it's a very good game.

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't feel like Booker DeWitt's voice actor is a very good fit for the role? Dude sounds the same in pretty much every game he's in. Also pretty sure he's the voice-over for Saints Row the Third, which makes it kinda hard to take him seriously some of the time.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Saturday, Mar 30 2013, 22:00)
Am I the only one who doesn't feel like Booker DeWitt's voice actor is a very good fit for the role? Dude sounds the same in pretty much every game he's in. Also pretty sure he's the voice-over for Saints Row the Third, which makes it kinda hard to take him seriously some of the time.

Indeed he is one of the voices you can select for your character in Saints Row. In face, the guy is in an absolute ton of stuff: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Troy_Baker

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Am I the only one dissatisfied with the ending? I just finished a few hours ago and I let it all kinda sink in, because it was a pretty weird sequence, but the more I think about it, the more plotholes pop to mind. Also, I had a hard time caring for any of the characters other than Elizabeth, especially when the ending kills literally all of them off like they're nothing anyway. Well, the version of them that we've seen anyway.

I'll give it another playthrough though, and see if I like it more second time round.

Oh and, I don't say this often, but I much preferred playing this game on an easier setting than hard. I started playing on hard and finished more than half of it before switching to medium and it made it more fun somehow. Maybe because I really disliked the enemies being such bullet sponges. It often forced me into camping because of the two weapon limit and ammo running out because of the two weapon limit, so playing on an easier setting gave me much more freedom of movement and allowed me to develop a playstyle that was much more open and dynamic. Then again, I might be just bad at it, even though I've played many infamously hard games and enjoyed them on a harder setting more than on an easier one.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just finished the game. So.... it's one of those endings huh? The endings where you isn't just an ending, but an ending you have to do homework on. Me likey.

It's a great ending, one of the greatest. If you observed it closely, it's both a happy ending and a depressing one. The Booker that turns into Comstock dies and the Booker that refuses the baptism and manages a life with Anna lives on. Which means no Columbia, whatsoever. He's able to live a happy life with Anna from there on because the Booker that accepts the baptism never existed.

Now onto the depressing part. So if the Booker that accepted the baptism never existed, that means the Anna that grew up to be Elizabeth never existed also. That means Elizabeth is gone, she died. You know, Elizabeth? The girl who practically was with you the entire game, the girl who you helped and who saved your ass countless of times? She died. Now go cry.

There's definitely more to this. The Lutece, the Songbird... This game has so much plot stuff that it is actually fun to just sit down and think about the story. The ending is perfect. It makes you want to go have another second playthrough to fully grasp the ending. And that's what I'm gonna do, see anything that I may have missed out.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 09:46)
Just finished the game. So.... it's one of those endings huh? The endings where you isn't just an ending, but an ending you have to do homework on. Me likey.

It's a great ending, one of the greatest. If you observed it closely, it's both a happy ending and a depressing one. The Booker that turns into Comstock dies and the Booker that refuses the baptism and manages a life with Anna lives on. Which means no Columbia, whatsoever. He's able to live a happy life with Anna from there on because the Booker that accepts the baptism never existed.

Now onto the depressing part. So if the Booker that accepted the baptism never existed, that means the Anna that grew up to be Elizabeth never existed also. That means Elizabeth is gone, she died. You know, Elizabeth? The girl who practically was with you the entire game, the girl who you helped and who saved your ass countless of times? She died. Now go cry.

There's definitely more to this. The Lutece, the Songbird... This game has so much plot stuff that it is actually fun to just sit down and think about the story. The ending is perfect. It makes you want to go have another second playthrough to fully grasp the ending. And that's what I'm gonna do, see anything that I may have missed out.

There's also the possibility that Booker didn't get to live a happy life with Anna. If you recall, the versions of Booker that continue to live are still depressed, alcoholic and prone to getting into debt.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 07:08)

There's also the possibility that Booker didn't get to live a happy life with Anna. If you recall, the versions of Booker that continue to live are still depressed, alcoholic and prone to getting into debt.

I really think I'm not understanding the ending here... I thought that Every version of Booker dies except the current one that we see after the credits where he sees what looks like is Anna in her crib.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by mrpain, 31 March 2013 - 11:30 AM.

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 19:08)

One can only hope that in that world, Booker wakes the f*ck up, doesn't fall into the world of booze and gambling and grows to become a good father. That's what I'm hoping for anyway, I like my endings to be happy.

@Johacamigames: You're wrong and right on that. Every possible Booker that ended up in a possibility of either turning into Booker or saving Elizabeth from Columbia vanishes. How Booker choose to live his life after the ending is up to him now.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by kudoboi, 31 March 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Actual review starts at 2:00

tl;dr 9/10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users