Photo

BioShock Infinite

245 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Just beat the game, I loved it so much it's probably the best game I've played in 3 years or so definitely worth the full price.

Those guys have earned my respect after how terrible I found the 2nd game to be

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 03:11)
Those guys have earned my respect after how terrible I found the 2nd game to be

"Those guys" didn't do anything wrong, BioShock 2 was made by a different team after Ken turned down making another game set in Rapture.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Got the premium edition and it's very nice. It has a transparent slip cover, then the front flap opens up showing Booker and Elizabeth. biggrin.gif

Shiggys
  • Shiggys

Biggu Bossu

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

As a personal opinion, I think this is the game that finally dethrones Half-Life 2 from it's place as the best PC shooter.

It's going to be an unpopular opinion, but BioShock Infinite just ups the ante and lets the player lose themselves in the immersion.

I honestly think it's going to be very difficult for any other game to one up this one, but we have several months to go as well as several games. As of right now though, BioShock Infinite is my personal GOTY.

We'll see what happens come September smile.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Shiggys @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 06:49)
As a personal opinion, I think this is the game that finally dethrones Half-Life 2 from it's place as the best PC shooter.

First Bioshock already did that.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

ComedyShortsGamer and Nerd3.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 11:06)
QUOTE (Shiggys @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 06:49)

First Bioshock already did that.

Bioshock 1 is gameplaywise a terrible game. Infinite, from what I played is alot better.

I don't know what makes it so superior to the 1st one... but it just is like that. And saying it's better than Half Life 2 is a really bold statement. Though, for infinite I could believe it.

edit: Anyone else having really sh*tty preformance dips at times? The game is totally not optimised properly.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

If I didn't have such a backlog of games, I'd get this now. I think I'll wait for a while, unless I see it going for a song, like Far Cry 3 did mere weeks after release (it's part of my backlog).

Just watching a couple of 'playthrough' parts on YouTube is addictive though. I'll have to summon some willpower (is there a tonic for that? tounge.gif ) before I spoil the story for myself.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

It's really well designed, beautiful to look at for sure and I'm enjoying it a lot but I wouldn't say it's anything revolutionary. Aside from the many improvements and noticeable polishing, it's still basically the same game as Bioshock was in 2007. I certainly wouldn't place it above HL2 when considering innovation for its time.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

The core gameplay isn't hugely special in my opinion. It's great and very well done, but there are a number of games that have more fun core gameplay. But every other aspect like the story, setting, characters and the sense of mystery are superb. It keeps you very invested in the game and the end is very interesting. But it doesn't compel me to boot it back up and re-play the levels for fun, now knowing the plot and it's resolution.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Why, why... WHY do I have to download 13 (!) GB of game data, when I've gone through the trouble of purchasing the game on disc (3 discs, actually)? Thought I was going to be playing this game tonight, but with my less than ideal connection, it'll take me at least 10 hours to download. bored.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

My steam-bought preload was around 16gb, so for some reason it looks like it's downloading almost the entire game. You might have a glitch there.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

That twist ...

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Just saw someone on youtube play it.

Holy f*ck it looked amazing.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by fullmetal, 28 March 2013 - 01:15 AM.

In case some have issues as me. About to try if these work for myself.

http://me.ign.com/en...e-stutter-on-pc

I hope it helps for others!

edit: Nope, no fix for me. Totally f*cked. Seriously going to give up on the game because of this bullsh*t (as in wait for a patch to goddamn fix this super high nonsense).

edit2: after a quick check this seems to have limited the stuttering to first time startup or loading a "big" part.

I hope others find solutions aswell... and soon enough they're going to fix this super idiotic and aggrevating bug.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

i don't have any stuttering on pc. the game runs at above 60FPS with everything maxed out on 1080P with a HD7870. it could be a nvidia issue.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I'm loving this game so far. Ten minutes into the game and I'm already fully immersed into the world. Columbia is beautiful, I feel so bad shooting the place up.

And they nailed the Elizabeth character perfectly. She's like Alyx (Woah I forgot how to spell her name) from Half-Life 2. It's easy to fall in love with her right at the early moments in the game.

And I have to say this, using the sky rails during combat is spectacular. I'm always zipping around the battle area to find a good vantage point. It gives me a heart pounding thrilling of a feeling.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I agree, Elizabeth has become one of my favorite video game characters (not many on my list) and for some reason she reminds me of a girl that Disney would create or Pixar in their movies, I just love it

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

It's frustrating that I can't save my game (on XBox) when I want. The autosaves are relatively far apart so it's a bit of a nuisance if I want to switch it off only to see that the last autosave was ten minutes ago.

Other than that I'm delighted with it. I don't get to buy many games these days but this is worth every penny.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Knife @ Wednesday, Mar 27 2013, 19:44)
My steam-bought preload was around 16gb, so for some reason it looks like it's downloading almost the entire game. You might have a glitch there.

Oh? Hmm. I figured it was to put off pirates, having to download half the game data through Steam. On the back of my box it says that I need 30GB free space.

EDIT: It's still not done downloading. Steam keeps pausing it, and I have to restart it regularly. It's been saying that there's about two hours left, for the past four. dozingoff.gif

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by Voodoo, 28 March 2013 - 01:20 PM.

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 04:21)
Disney

Yeah, Belle from Beauty and the Beast with blue eyes was the first thing I thought. It's apparent that they went to some considerable effort to make her lifelike and she is an enjoyable character but I found her scripting to be a little off-putting at times. She's always clomping around distractingly and running ahead, often getting in your way. I've turned the camera a certain way a few times and sat watching her endlessly clomp back and forth through my FOV. Also, when she tosses you assets in battle or money periodically it can spin the camera and break your focus. It's cool that she's so animated but I don't want to be constantly hit over the head with it.

Another odd thing is her sound design. Sometimes her voice or SFX come out of the wrong speakers relative to her position to you in a 5.1 setup. For example, the game will have her sound as if she's to your rear left and when you turn toward the sound it will draw her in the opposite direction. She can be miles away and then immediately behind you as you spin the camera with no sound of her stomping around close-by. You can see her in the distance but hear her constant "huh" as she looks at things as if she's right next to you. I noticed this with enemies too, where you spin in the direction of their shouts but they are no where near you. It's minor thing I suppose but noticeable nonetheless.

Still a great game.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

user posted image

This is why I love Elizabeth so much. Everytime I pull off a dumbass mistake, I can always count on her to save my sorry ass.

Robert and Rubecca are awesome characters too. I like my side-characters to be mysterious in the coolest ways.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Played a few hours. Certainly worth the 16 hour (!) wait. I like how it's actually challenging on Hard, as opposed to, say, Far Cry 3, which is a breeze even on Master. icon14.gif

Colombia is just so damn beautiful.

Njale
  • Njale

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Just finished the game, in the top 3 best if not the best video game story i ever experienced! Your mind will be blown after you experience the surprisingly long ending, i say surprisingly because recently endings in many great titles felt rushed, short, and generally unfinished. This game wraps it up without stupid cliffhangers and does it so well that i'm still under it's impression. Bioshock Infinite is an instant classic that shows everyone what good story telling means.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

I've heard ridiculously good things about this game. Unfortunately I can't justify 60 dollars for only 10ish hours, but hopefully I'll pick it up one day!

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 12:48)
I've heard ridiculously good things about this game. Unfortunately I can't justify 60 dollars for only 10ish hours, but hopefully I'll pick it up one day!

Wait, is the game really 10-ish hours? Because I've played more than time and I think I'm not even near the end.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 12:48)

Wait, is the game really 10-ish hours? Because I've played more than time and I think I'm not even near the end.

No it's a bit longer than that, if you take your time like exploring every single location ignoring the arrow to the objective I'd say close to 20 hours tops

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yeah, definitely not 10 hours. Maybe 12-15 if you sprint through it wearing blinders. I finished tonight with around 20 in. It's been a while since I enjoyed a game so much.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, I guess like always it kind of varies. All of my mates seemed to agree on a rather short playtime of 10ish hours, and a lot of users on Reddit agreed too. That's not always a bad thing though - I'm sure the game is easily worth buying! I just want something be able to play for a while when it comes to dropping $60+ on a game.

Edit: Any of you playing on consoles?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (Remix @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 15:22)
Yeah, I guess like always it kind of varies. All of my mates seemed to agree on a rather short playtime of 10ish hours, and a lot of users on Reddit agreed too. That's not always a bad thing though - I'm sure the game is easily worth buying! I just want something be able to play for a while when it comes to dropping $60+ on a game.

Edit: Any of you playing on consoles?

Trust me it's worth it. Lots of replayablity too.

I'm playing on the 360. I'm surprised at how smooth the graphics are. No texture hiccups ever since I've started the game. Only problem I have with the consoles version is that you can't manually save.

And I repeat, the sky rails are the best thing ever to happen in a video game for quite a while now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users