BioShock Infinite

246 replies to this topic
Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Pretty pumped for this. Looks to be a lot more action-packed than the first, but I'm completely okay with that. Assuming it's fun to play, anyway.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 18 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

So excited for it!

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Damn what happened to Liz's face, that TV commercial made her look like shes on drugs or some sh*t. confused.gif
Booker doesn't look that great either.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:57 AM Edited by kudoboi, 21 March 2013 - 04:35 PM.

edit: nvm it turned out to be fake

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Stinky12 @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 16:17)
Damn what happened to Liz's face, that TV commercial made her look like shes on drugs or some sh*t. confused.gif
Booker doesn't look that great either.

Yes she's looking a lot older than the original pics.
Still can't wait for this game though.

Is there a solid release date?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:20 AM Edited by kudoboi, 20 March 2013 - 06:32 PM.

full bioshock infinite pre order deals here
http://www.reddit.co...eorder_bonuses/

you can also get bioshock infinite for free + tomb raider with AMD HD7800 or bioshock infinite + crysis 3 with AMD HD 7900
in Asia you get bioshock infinite + DMC with HD7800 instead of Tomb Raider for some reason

the IGN review also comes out tomorrow. I have a feeling its probably gonna be a paid review though just based on how much ign have been advertising the game the past few weeks. just look at their youtube, its full of bioshock infinite videos and interviews.

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Game was leaked a few days back. My friend downloaded it and here are his exact words

This game is the most beautiful looking game, art wise, that i have played this year. The city looks so alive and beautiful that words can't describe the beauty.

He did not comment on anything else. Looks awesome. Really need to play the previous two Bioshocks so I can play this one.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

do not google bioshock infinite or read comments from sites like youtube. there are major spoilers everywhere and some idiot wrote the ending on the Wikipedia page. im staying off this thread as well until it comes out

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

It's getting closer, def looking forward to it. Was hoping to knock out Tomb Raider this week before it dropped but I don't think that's gonna happen.

That Creating Elizabeth Trailer def revealed a very nuanced approach to making the game and it's inhabitants can't wait to play this next week. Let's definitely avoid spoilers if at all possible. I'll keep a sharp eye out.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 12:34)
do not google bioshock infinite or read comments from sites like youtube. there are major spoilers everywhere and some idiot wrote the ending on the Wikipedia page. im staying off this thread as well until it comes out

yeah, I just got spoiled by a f*cker on Gamespot comment sector. goddamn it!
thanks God I didn't read all of it, but still... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEZ!!!!!!!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:46 AM Edited by kudoboi, 22 March 2013 - 05:52 AM.

first review is in.

9.5 from IGN.

do not read the comments on that youtube video as there are spoilers too.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• Funny pics dealer
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010
    Best Cluckin' Huge Meal 2015

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Looking great, a fair review with some constructive criticism.

So glad they scrapped multiplayer to focus on the single player campaign it looks to have really paid off, BioShock 2 really suffered as a result of tacking it on. It wasn't horrible but those resources could have been poured back into the main body of the game and we would have been singing Bioshock 2's praises as a result. Sadly, the ending on 2 fell flat and you were left feeling like no real "twist" or "big reveal" had come. This looks decidedly more ambitious.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

A word of caution to those who plan on watching any Bioshock related video on youtube; there are trolls posting lots of comments in capital letters on these videos that appear to spoil the ending, so you might want to avoid scrolling down.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

pre loading now available on steam.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

First walkthrough!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

removed due to copyright. it sucks that games constantly get leaked nowadays and because of that the game ending is everywhere.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 25 March 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Eurogamer - 10/10.
Gamespot Review.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Well I was going to get this on PS3, but I headed on over to GMG earlier and spotted that I could get it with Bioshock, Spec Ops and XCOM for 23.99 on PC. Couldn't resist it, can't honestly wait for this to unlock on steam.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Pre ordered it last night on PSN, I fell for the bundle pack that includes the Season Pass.. ended up with Bioshock 1 (which I just got the platinum) and a free theme.
Can't wait to start pre loading at midnight, I'll probably go to sleep and then wake up very early ready to play it around 7am or so, loving the reviews!

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Unbelievable.

These days I only acquire video games when they're on sale or through ARRRR'ing. But today was the first time in a LOONG time I purchased a full priced $59.99 video game off a website, and it was this game.

And they gave me a f*cking duplicate key that was already used on Steam! Now spending my afternoon scrambling through tech support.

Thanks, Green Man Gaming. sad.gif SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ACTUALLY BE NICE AND SPEND MONEY FOR ONCE? Tossers.

Dnero
  • Dnero

BLΛNKFΛCΞ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

^^ Oh wow that sucks, hope it gets solved.

Anyways, was kinda surprised when I suddenly see the Play button next to it on Steam. So I did play for a bit and got to the city and played around in the fair and that's it lol. But yeah, so far so good. I'll play a bit more ofc tomorrow when I get a new mouse.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Steam doesn't even work for me. Hopefully I'll be able to download it tomorrow. Not that it matters since I won't have enough time to play it this week. And Bioshock is one of those games that really demands that you have enough free time to truly experience it.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 06:18)
Unbelievable.

These days I only acquire video games when they're on sale or through ARRRR'ing. But today was the first time in a LOONG time I purchased a full priced $59.99 video game off a website, and it was this game.

And they gave me a f*cking duplicate key that was already used on Steam! Now spending my afternoon scrambling through tech support.

Thanks, Green Man Gaming.  sad.gif   SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ACTUALLY BE NICE AND SPEND MONEY FOR ONCE? Tossers.

well, that's hurt
in case if you don't know. there are a lot of people who got this game for free by buying AMD products (if I not wrong), and they sell the key for a very cheap price.
I already bought one, only 14$, very good damn price indeed, but if you buy this you won't get pre-order bonus.
you can also find some deal on steam trade, but since it's steam trade, greedy bastards only sell it for 20$.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

dat 100s

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 04:13)
QUOTE (The Killa @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 06:18)
Unbelievable.

Thanks, Green Man Gaming. sad.gif SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ACTUALLY BE NICE AND SPEND MONEY FOR ONCE? Tossers.

well, that's hurt
in case if you don't know. there are a lot of people who got this game for free by buying AMD products (if I not wrong), and they sell the key for a very cheap price.
I already bought one, only 14$, very good damn price indeed, but if you buy this you won't get pre-order bonus.
you can also find some deal on steam trade, but since it's steam trade, greedy bastards only sell it for 20$.

i bought the AMD GPU and have yet to receive my key.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Left it downloading this morning when I was at work. Loving it so much, so glad I got it on PC, was a bit worried my Mac wouldn't run it, but I have it maxed and it's gorgeous.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

There's been nothing but praises so far. Might pick this up tomorrow. I have never played any of the Bioshock games before but I don't think that's gonna be a problem. I could use another atmospheric immersion game.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

I've been playing it since 4:30 AM and it's currently 9:39 AM EST.. this game is beyond great and looks gorgeous on the PS3 with a very superb frame rate.

Loving the story so far and the gun gameplay is top notch

Dnero
  • Dnero

BLΛNKFΛCΞ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Gonna play some more now, also here's something that you guys might want to know.

Use the Konami Code to unlock the 1999 mode.

make players pick a specialization that locks them into a set framework of powers and skills. There'd be no going back on those choices and death would be permanent.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

downloading the game on Steam now. it should be done tomorrow.
hmm, I'm planning to play the 1999 mode on first playthrough, maybe worth a shot tounge.gif

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I regret not preordering this on greenmangaming. I even bought f*cking XCOM for full price a month ago.

God damn it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users