BioShock Infinite

245 replies to this topic
jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Sep 21 2010, 13:08)
I don't know what to make of that. It's very cool, but is that how the game will actually play?

I'm surprised that they're showing this game off more than a year before it will come out. Surely it's too early to start showing media from the game? It can't be anywhere near finished.

thats kind of an overstatement they have been working on it since the release of Bioshock 1 well over 2.5 years...so im sure its playable or even in an Alpha or Beta stage...they are using a modified version of the Unreal Engine 3.0 which means they didnt have to make their own.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:01 PM Edited by Indi., 21 September 2010 - 10:04 PM.

QUOTE (Knife @ Sep 21 2010, 21:08)
I don't know what to make of that. It's very cool, but is that how the game will actually play?

I'm surprised that they're showing this game off more than a year before it will come out. Surely it's too early to start showing media from the game? It can't be anywhere near finished.

They probably did development on it the same time as BioShock 2, I didn't like BS2 as much as 1 but it was still good in my opinion.

Awesome trailer, I love BioShock; I hope this one doesn't have Multiplayer, it just does not suit the game.

One of the few that are very good FPS'... stick to the story, job done.

Please no regenerating health, that's console therapy. (PC doesn't need regenerating health, console does in some games, I'm not gonna blabber on about it.)

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

They're finally upgrading from Unreal 2.0? f*cking ace.

That gameplay was intense, I hope the whole game can feel like an interactive movie like that did. It would be absolutely f*cking fantastic.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

It seems pretty soon since 2 came out but 2 left me kind of unsatisfied to be honest.

The Gameplay footage looks effing fantastic. inlove.gif

jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:55 AM

I guess i was one of the few people who liked Bioshock 2 confused.gif

Link

BioShock Infinite is not a direct sequel/prequel to previous BioShock games and it takes place in an entirely different setting, although it shares similar features, gameplay and concepts with the previous games.

The game is set in 1912 and takes place in a floating city in the sky, Columbia, where the player assumes the role of Booker DeWitt, a disgraced Pinkerton agent. Booker has been given the job of finding a woman named Elizabeth in Columbia.

Following in the footsteps of previous BioShock games, the world of Infinite explores the chaos that results when strong ideals are taken to the extreme. At the time of DeWitt's arrival, Columbia is a hotbed of ultra-nationalism, specifically American exceptionalism, as shown by the copious numbers of flags, patriotic music, and propaganda posters that boldfacedly spurn the idea that the Columbia could be a 'haven' from the so-called 'unwanted' of the world.

Prior to its announcement on August 12, 2010, Irrational Games had used the moniker "Project Icarus" to describe their next game, creating a teaser site in late July 2010.  Over the weeks leading to the announcement, the animation on the teaser site slowly built up to an animated infinity symbol on the day prior to the announcement.  Employees of Irrational Games later revealed that the moniker "Icarus" began as an internal codename for the project, used in email corespondence etc, to avoid any leaks about the nature of the game.

Irrational had been working in secrecy on Infinite for two and a half years since completing the original BioShock. The original BioShock engine, a modified Unreal Engine 2.x, was inadequate to support the game mechanics of the new game, thus the development team chose to work with Unreal Engine 3, modifying it with their own lighting engine and means to simulate the movement and buoyancy of the buildings in Columbia. Because of this, all of the assets for BioShock Infinite had to be made from scratch.

This new engine and technology allows the buildings to work dynamically from any scripted events. During a demo, a bell tower tilted over and collapsed, with the bell breaking off and sliding to a stop right at the players feet. This not being scripted at all, of course

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Sep 21 2010, 19:58)

They call it a "gameplay trailer" but it's really just one big scripted cutscene.

Also, by the looks of it... it might have regenerating health, if this "gameplay" trailer is anything to go by. I hope it doesn't. confused.gif

Yeah, that is sooooooooo not gameplay. But still kickass.

The whole action element puts me off. I liked the creepiness of the original BioShock. Wisecracking companions are lame. Give me atmosphere instead.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (jking @ Sep 21 2010, 22:53)
QUOTE (Knife @ Sep 21 2010, 13:08)

thats kind of an overstatement they have been working on it since the release of Bioshock 1 well over 2.5 years...so im sure its playable or even in an Alpha or Beta stage...they are using a modified version of the Unreal Engine 3.0 which means they didnt have to make their own.

But still more than a year from completion. They've now got to keep people interested very a very long amount of time.

jking
  • jking

Drama setter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (LithiuM_FirestorM @ Aug 13 2010, 06:18)
Have to agree with you there Robinski. The second game wasn't that great. It didn't captivate me like the first one. I think it was just because the shock value (no pun intended) was gone. I have yet to beat the second game just because I have no interest in doing so. Maybe some day.... sarcasm.gif

i have to say if you own it then beat it...simple because its a pretty decent game. yes its not the 1st bioshock but i found it quite enjoyable i got 770/1000 for it, 1 playthrough on hard...i admit that multiplayer didnt fit the style of game but i found it to be alright as well. I also found that turning off the helmet helps too.

ontopic:wasn't hitler supposed to have a psychic army of some sort maybe they'll play off something like that instead of ADAM. wink.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:15 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 29 September 2010 - 10:21 AM.

Bioshock Infite from Xbox World - December 2010-TV
Page 1 - Part 1

user posted image

user posted image

Page 2 - Part 1 & Part 2

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Page 3 - Part 1 & Part 2-4 & Part 3 & Part 5

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

F*ck me, no wonder I couldn't find this topic. This games looking pretty sweet at the moment, even more so with the little segments of gameplay footage.

Seriously going to have to get 1 completed and move onto 2 soon. confused.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:36 AM Edited by theomenofficial, 22 October 2012 - 09:39 AM.

New trailer.
This looks so amazing!

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 09:36)

New trailer.
This looks so amazing!

And gory cool.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

you can now pre order bioshock infinite on steam

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:15 AM Edited by Stinky12, 25 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

Just pre order the Premium edition at Gamestop. biggrin.gif

There are 2 special editions, Premium and Ultimate Songbird
Both come with the same items, except the Ultimate Songbird comes with a 9.75" Songbird statue
Items are:
*A resin-cast Songbird statue measuring 9.75 inches and comes with its own collectible packaging (Ultimate Songbird Edition only)
*The BioShock Infinite game
*A 3-inch baby version keychain of the sold-out Murder of Crows vigor bottle replica, hand-painted and distressed, and features a sturdy brass ring.
*A 5 x 7-inch lithograph of a real-life piece of propaganda from BioShock Infinite by Jorge Lacera.
*A 25 millimeter, resin-cast Handyman miniature figure from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game by Plaid Hat Games, makers of Summoner Wars.
*A 64-page collectible mini art book, full of BioShock Infinite concept art and commentary, with a hand-distressed linen cover.
*Downloadable content:
Exclusive in-game gear
Bull Rush
Extra! Extra!
Betrayer

*Digital soundtrack featuring music from BioShock Infinite and is exclusive to the Premium and Ultimate Songbird editions.
*Platform specific downloadable content:
Exclusive avatar costumes of Booker and Elizabeth for Xbox 360
BioShock Infinite themes for PC and PlayStation 3
Premium cost $79.99 and Ultimate Songbird is $149.99
Once you pre order there should be a code that lets you unlock and play a puzzle game call Bioshock Infinite Industrial Revolution.
Pre ordering from a specific retailer will give you a exclusive game item
Gamestop: Comstock China Broom Shotgun
Bestbuy: Comstock Bird's Eye G10 Sniper Rifle

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Stinky12 @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 05:15)
Ultimate Songbird

Pre-ordered the day it went up on GAME. Couldn't resist an edition that good. biggrin.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

The Box-art was stolen from Uncharted. mad.gif
http://i.imgur.com/HVZfw.jpg

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

Vote for the reversible cover design!

Rown
  • Rown

Sturm

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

God damn it. I'd gone pretty much this games entire development without giving a sh*t... then I came in here.

Looks sweet gameplay wise not to mention the world itself is beautiful. Hopefully it carries on Bioshock's power in storytelling. In the reversible cover poll I voted Number 4.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

These cover is just for the game itself. I wonder what the box art will be like for
the Premium and Ultimate Editions.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (Rown @ Thursday, Dec 13 2012, 10:49)
In the reversible cover poll I voted Number 4.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

So did I. I hope the majority will agree with our obviously superior opinion.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Looks amazing.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Only played one of the first Bioshock games a couple of times at a gameshop... and thought it was horribly designed (enemies constantly respawn after you re-enter rooms that you cleared, gunplay felt wrong and whatnot).

But mind you checked it on Xbox360. Now I always liked the setting/atmosphere and that's the only reason I wanted to check it. But the third installment looks incredible. Should I really play the first 2 games or? 'Cause I'm tempted to pre order this.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 20:54)
Only played one of the first Bioshock games a couple of times at a gameshop... and thought it was horribly designed (enemies constantly respawn after you re-enter rooms that you cleared, gunplay felt wrong and whatnot).

But mind you checked it on Xbox360. Now I always liked the setting/atmosphere and that's the only reason I wanted to check it. But the third installment looks incredible. Should I really play the first 2 games or? 'Cause I'm tempted to pre order this.

The second one isn't as good as the first one.
The first one is best in story, not gunplay or graphics.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 13:54)

If you play the first two, and enjoy them, I swear to every god that you will never hear the end of it from me.

Do it.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

New trailer released today.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Bought first two and wresting myself through the main story of the first one. I feel that the atmosphere is really well done, backstory and details are also really awesome... just the whole things is cool... but the gameplay puts me off so damn much. Isn't as fun to play as it should be. Gameplay from Infinite looks so much better/enjoyable than Bioshock 1.

Or does it get better once I wrestled myself through the first part of the game?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 AM Edited by kudoboi, 23 February 2013 - 05:08 AM.

im hyped for this game but seriously? season pass announced.

http://kotaku.com/59...ite-season-pass

edit: why is 2K doing ridiculous pre order bonuses now? i have a feeling that this game won't be very good confused.gif
as quoted from another site
Game looks good -> Paid "reviewers" make it sound good -> Offer incentives for people to preorder it -> Official product questionable.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

http://mashable.com/...e-kevin-levine/

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

One Irrational Games developer was so offended by the religious themes of a certain scene in BioShock Infinite that he sought to quit the company immediately after completing his playthrough of the level.

"There was a scene in the game at the end where there's a gentleman here--one of our artists--who got to a point in the game, played it, turned off BioShock, opened up his computer, opened Microsoft Word, and wrote a resignation letter; it had offended him so much," Levine told GameSpot in a new video interview.

After it was brought to his attention, Levine spoke with this developer. His discussion with this "extremely religious guy" helped Levine better understand how to write the game's Comstock character, something he had struggled with for a long time.

"And I ended up having a conversation with him; my first impulse was I don't want this guy to go because he was a good guy and a talented guy," Levine said. "And we actually ended up having a long talk; he was an extremely religious guy and when we started talking, I realized that something I could connect to was a notion of forgiveness and what an important part that is of the New Testament and why Christ was such a revolutionary figure."

"I realized that something I could connect to was a notion of forgiveness and what an important part that is of the New Testament and why Christ was such a revolutionary figure."
"And thinking about how I would incorporate the power of that notion to Comstock into his world was, to me, the key. Because who hasn't done things that they don't want to be forgiven for?"

This developer did not end up quitting Irrational Games.

This was a breakthrough for Levine. He explained that writing Comstock, the religious, ultra-nationalist antagonist of BioShock Infinite, had been a long and difficult struggle due to his lack of personal religious knowledge.

"[Comstock] was one of the toughest characters for me to write because I don't have a religious background, let alone the darker side of his beliefs; the racist side of his beliefs. So I really had a lot of trouble writing him for a long time," Levine explained.

"And it occurred to me I had to figure out why do people follow him? That was the key to his character. Why do people follow him? What does he provide to them? And I struggled with that for a long time because obviously an ecstatic religious experience is something that a religious leader provides but I don't have a connection to as a writer," he added. "And it's always hard when you're trying to write something that you have never felt. And that would feel dishonest to me."

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

This game just looks fantastic! Top of the range fps but also an adventure game right here, never thought that would happen! wow.gif Graphics are mad too colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users