Photo

Can't Update GTA IV too 1.0.7.0!

40 replies to this topic
radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

First, Please answer the Questions from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic as posted by Justin(a moderator): Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Download version? If Downloaded, from where? If Retail, Are you using the Original DVD or a No-DVD crack? Are you using xliveless? Have you tried 98 compatibility mode? Have you tried updating ALL drivers for your Video card, Sound card, DX, etc.?
Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug lists/fixes. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already. In addition to these pinned topics, please utilize the forum search engine. adamcs has produced an extremely helpful guide which explains the finer points of successful searching, accessible here.

If all of the above is no help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:
What platform: PC, PS3, or X-Box 360
What version number of GTA: IV
What CPU and its speed
How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed
What video card and vram and driver version
Which version of Windows (and any service packs)
Which DirectX version and driver version
What sound card and driver version
History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.
Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.
Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.

Also, Do you have the latest SP for Windows-which is SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for Windows 7.? Please answer ALL the above questions from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic or we will not be able to provide much help here.

Ch4e
  • Ch4e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:59 PM

the rest of my pc details are : Processor : core i3
Ram : 4 GB
Gpu : intel HD graphics 1700 MB

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Ch4e @ Feb 26 2011, 14:59)
the rest of my pc details are : Processor : core i3
                                            OS :windows 7 professional x64 build 7600
                                            Ram : 4 GB
                                            Gpu : intel HD graphics 1700 MB

Alright, you left out A LOT of required information:
First, Please answer the Questions from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic as posted by Justin(a moderator): Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Download version? If Downloaded, from where? If Retail, Are you using the Original DVD or a No-DVD crack? Are you using xliveless? Have you tried 98 compatibility mode? Have you tried updating ALL drivers for your Video card, Sound card, DX, etc.?

But your problem is your Video card-Intel cards are NOT supported by IV, if you had read the Pinned "Can I run it thread..." AND the box the game came in, you would have known this. Just a friendly heads up.

You must upgrade your video card-this is assuming you are on a desktop, as you cannot upgrade video cards on laptops, as they are soldered into the mother board.

You have Shared vram(vram is shared with the system ram), and IV needs Dedicated vram to run.

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

This is a laptop we're talking about? Laptops are usually not that easy to upgrade so you'll have to look into that first.

vincemeister55
  • vincemeister55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

@mkey82---hey man, about the ectracted patch 1.0.7.0 that you post. If I apply it, will my game from version 1.0.4.0 becomes officially version 1.0.7.0? Or if I just copy only the files inside the "pc" and "common" folder, will it still work with my current version?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

You need to extract all files and overwrite existing ones. Then the game will be fully updated.

Ch4e
  • Ch4e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

i have desktop computer and i downloaded gta iv , Thx for help all .
just tell me the best video card for gta iv smile.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Ch4e @ Feb 27 2011, 19:34)
i have desktop computer and i downloaded gta iv , Thx for help all .
just tell me the best video card for gta iv smile.gif

First of all, make your own topic in the PC tips forum. And secondly, no one is going to help you if you've pirated the game. GTAF is against warez.

fallendawn
  • fallendawn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Ch4e @ Saturday, Feb 26 2011, 17:37)
i have downloaded the xlive.dll and now it says GTA IV FATAL ERROR : Failed to read file - please make sure you are using launchgtaiv.exe
when i use launchgtaiv.exe i get a new message GTA IV FATAL ERROR : Failed to read file - please re-boot your system 1835888483 1818521185

confused.gif

hey this guy,I encountered this problem today and I found a little file to solve it

"876bd1d9393712ac.bin"

you might deleted it by accidient or you thought it useless

good luck

kirez333
  • kirez333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (fodi500 @ Sunday, Jan 2 2011, 14:39)
Hy everybody! For me it there are 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0 patch my problem. I tried to install it they, but I receive an error message."Installation failed. Run setup to install update."OK, then "Grand Theft Auto IV Setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To update this program at a later time, run Setup wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard." This is always.

Help if you can

I have the exact same problem. Someone please help us out.

coolninja360
  • coolninja360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

all you have to do is move gta iv to your rockstar games folder 

hope this works :D   it did for me 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users