|Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug lists/fixes. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already. In addition to these pinned topics, please utilize the forum search engine. adamcs has produced an extremely helpful guide which explains the finer points of successful searching, accessible here.|
If all of the above is no help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!
To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:
• What platform: PC, PS3, or X-Box 360
• What version number of GTA: IV
• What CPU and its speed
• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed
• What video card and vram and driver version
• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)
• Which DirectX version and driver version
• What sound card and driver version
• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.
• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.
• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.
If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.
Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.
Also, Do you have the latest SP for Windows-which is SP3 for XP, SP2 for Vista, and SP1 for Windows 7.? Please answer ALL the above questions from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic or we will not be able to provide much help here.