Quantcast

» «
Photo

Liberty city stories vs Vice city stories

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is better: LCS or VCS? (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better: LCS or VCS?

1. Liberty City stories (44 votes [32.12%])

Percentage of vote: 32.12%

2. Vice city stories (93 votes [67.88%])

Percentage of vote: 67.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote
JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:54 PM

I like playing Liberty City Stories more, but I found the story a little dull. And the soundtrack was a bit blah. Vice City Stories had a good soundtrack and better story... but I got bored with the empire building, I'm trying to progress through the story and it gets attacked all the time.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

LCS was great imo. I enjoyed playing it so much but dont get me wrong VCS was also great but I think LCS edged it out.

gta_pwner5
  • gta_pwner5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

I like LCS more. VCS is a little boring suicidal.gif

The GTAguy23
  • The GTAguy23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Very hard choice but i choosed VCS.

I very like the mafia style in Lcs but i also like how you can build your own empire in VCS.

Stories are same good so i choosed Vcs because of the new things in there (swimming and other stuff).

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

I'll stick to VCS. It's more challenging, more interesting, has a better variety of weather, vehicles, terrain, missions and music. It is more hard to complete for 100%, but it's a challenge good enough!

VCS had better graphics, more features, and overall is more improved, ifn compared to all other III era games - only San Andreas can stand up for it.

So, my choice is Vice City Stories.

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

To be honest, I shouldn't really post here as I don't actually own VCS, so I would probably be a bit biased.

Though, really, I really enjoyed the storyline in LCS and I've always prefered Liberty City to Vice, including the feel that both gave you.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

Rest your trigger on my finger

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

I liked LCS more, although VCS does have more to offer in gameplay, it has one fault that's just a major buzz kill. The deciding factor for me was that in VCS all the vehicles I tried to save in my garages get deleted within 1 or 2 saves afterwords. So I can't keep any unique vehicles from missions or collect cars like I love to do in all GTA games. I have it on PSP so I'm not sure if it's different for PS2. But garage eating is really bad in VCS for PSP, at least in the copy I have.

Superzero
  • Superzero

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:26 PM

I enjoyed Liberty City Stories more, mainly because of the Mafia Storyline, the Radio Stations and because it is set in Liberty City, which is my favourite city in the series.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

Tough choice, I always viewed both of them as something like partners of some sort, but here I have chosen VCS by an inch.
I just liked how you could use helicopters and swim, LCS could get a bit boring after you were done with the storyline IMO, in which VCS I couldn't.
I liked the LCS theme more than VCS, and Narcis' right about the drama. I didn't really like being Salvatore's bitch at all, and the graphics really bugged me.

grandT
  • grandT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Vcs have better visual effects,more vehicles to drive and swiming ability so vcs i better than lcs.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

VCS. Really gave me a 80s vibe. Vice City is nothing compared to this.

~Joseph~
  • ~Joseph~

Pro Racer |2-1 Ratio|

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Liberty City Stories because I like the Mafia theme to it.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'll have to say LCS. I love the storyline, and the soundtracks were really great, imo. Also, I prefer LC over VC. Libert City provides such a magical feeling for me. It is like my own hometown.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I would say VCS. You've got swiming, an amazing 80's soundtrack (on par with Vice City), and then you've got the Empire Building system, that for some reason R* have never implemented in future games for some reason (which is my personal favourite side mission in the series).

The only downside of VCS is the enormous ammount of glitches you will encounter within just a few hours of playing.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

Give me SF!

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

LCS was nice because I loved the dark atmosphere of it. But VCS was overally better.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 03 January 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Liberty City Stories no doubt i loved the Characters and Storyline i have beating it  countless times throughout the years. 

Vcs on the otherhand just the once and it was Pretty Forgettable tbh its still a good game with a great soundtrack but i would say its my 2nd least Favourite 3D Gta.(Just Ahead of San Andreas )

Lcs  is in lot of ways my Favourite game From the 3rd Era. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users