Current version: 0.3.0 Beta
You can post Comments/Requests/Bug Reports/etc in this topic!
NOTE: This is a public beta, and as such it is crucial that you backup all files that you are going to edit with Shadow's Plugins! I wont be held responsible for any loss of files that may result due to use of Shadow's Plugins.
For a full 3DS Max to game tutorial go here
Created a youtube movie to show custom cols.
* 3D Studio Max 2010 or higher
* GTA IV/EFLC
* Extract everything from the zip to your 3DS Max Scripts folder.
|3DS Max 32-bit: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max <Version>\Scripts\"|
| 3DS Max 32-bit: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max <Version>\Scripts\"|
3DS Max 64-bit: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max <Version>\Scripts\"
* Start 3DS Max
* Start the Max Script "MAXScript -> Run Script" select "SL_IV.mse"
* Select a model in your scene that you want to export and select the format you would like to export to.
* Exit 3DS Max and import the file with an IMG Editor (SparkIV/OpenIV).
* Save the IMG, place the models with a WPL Editor.
* Start the game and enjoy your custom models!
* No dummies
* No bones
Version 0.3.0 (09.12.2010)
* Fixed WBD uses Filename on export
* Added multiple COLS in one WBD support
* Enabled WBN Export
* Fixed import crash
* Added COL import surfacetypes
Version 0.2.4 (19.11.2010)
* Fixed DFF import
* Fixed gta_normal_spec shader (Thnx OinkOink)
* Added new Shaders
Version 0.2.3 (09.11.2010)
* Added support for gta_normal and gta_normal_spec shader
* Fixed UV bug
Version 0.2.2 (06.11.2010)
* Added support for gta_spec shader
* Made adding support for shaders a lot easier
* Enabled really basic WBD export
Version 0.2.1 (02.11.2010)
* Fixed Dark Shadows and black Vertex Colors
* Import should work again
Version 0.2.0 (01.11.2010)
* Enabled WDR Export
* Added Light Setup script
Version 0.1.4 (06.10.2010)
* Enabled dummies
* Fixed some minor issues
* Added hierarchy support
* Added menu
Version 0.1.3 (03.10.2010)
* Now also loads the normal and specular map
Version 0.1.2 (03.10.2010)
* Added support for coltype "composite"
Version 0.1.1 (02.10.2010)
* Fixed Light RGB values
* Fixed loading untextured files
* Initial beta release
A very special thanks to (in alphabetical order):
Aru, Cool Fire, DaBeast, DeXx, Gforce, GTARandom, JostVice, NeptuneG, OinkOink, Paroxum, REspawn, supermortalhuman, Tim (and everyone I forgot)
who have been invaluable in the research of game code/file formats which made this program possible.
This program is provided "as-is" without any implied warranty or support.
Use of modified files during online play may result in being banned.
Use at your own risk!
Please dont reupload this to your website. Link to this forum topic or my website instead. This tool is still a WIP and there are many many more updates/fixes to come.