Quantcast

» «
Photo

Urban legends/scary stories

160 replies to this topic
Quiteso
  • Quiteso

Disapproving of the actions of 'Players'.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

So I've recently become interested in creepy/scary stories and "urban legends". I know a few, but does anyone know any particularly scary ones? You know, the ones that stop you from getting to sleep at night tounge.gif ! Here's a couple good ones I've read:

"Humans Can Lick, Too"

A young girl named Lisa was left alone on several accounts as her parents worked late. Her parents bought her a dog to keep her company. One night Lisa was awoken by a constant dripping sound. She got up and went to the kitchen to turn off the tap properly. As she was getting back into the bed she stuck her hand under the bed and the dog licked it. The dripping sound continued, so she went to the bathroom and turned off the tap properly in there, too. She went back to her bedroom and stuck her hand under the bed, and the dog licked it again. But the dripping continued, so she went outside and turned off the taps out there. She came back to bed, stuck her hand under it, and the dog licked it again.

The dripping continued, drip, drip, drip. This time she listened and located the source of the dripping — it was coming from her cupboard. She opened the cupboard door, and there was her dog hanging upside down with its neck cut, and written on the window on the inside of the cupboard was, "HUMANS CAN LICK TOO!!!"

"The Killer in the Back Seat"

One night a woman went out for drinks with her girlfriends. She left the bar fairly late at night, got in her car and onto the deserted highway. She noticed a lone pair of headlights in her rear-view mirror, approaching at a pace just slightly quicker than hers. As the car pulled up behind her she glanced and saw the turn signal on — the car was going to pass — when suddenly it swerved back behind her, pulled up dangerously close to her tailgate and the brights flashed.

Now she was getting nervous. The lights dimmed for a moment and then the brights came back on and the car behind her surged forward. The frightened woman struggled to keep her eyes on the road and fought the urge to look at the car behind her. Finally, her exit approached but the car continued to follow, flashing the brights periodically.

Through every stoplight and turn, it followed her until she pulled into her driveway. She figured her only hope was to make a mad dash into the house and call the police. As she flew from the car, so did the driver of the car behind her — and he screamed, "Lock the door and call the police! Call 911!"

When the police arrived the horrible truth was finally revealed to the woman. The man in the car had been trying to save her. As he pulled up behind her and his headlights illuminated her car, he saw the silhouette of a man with a butcher knife rising up from the back seat to stab her, so he flashed his brights and the figure crouched back down.

The moral of the story: Always check the back seat!

Anyone know any good ones? biggrin.gif

Minus the Boom
  • Minus the Boom

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

Not sure whether it qualifies as an urban legend but you might like this one:

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn’t watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn’t want children watching too much garbage). So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent’s room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, “Take the children and get out of the house… we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue.”

The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel staue was ever found.

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

Sketchy, though I have heard that story before tounge.gif except it was a clown statue at the bottom of the kid's bed. Still good though!

I'll leave another one my friend told me (from memory, so it'll be written rather badly)

A young girl is playing in her bedroom when she hears her mother call to her from the kitchen, so she runs downstairs to meet her mother.

As she's running through the hallway, the door to the cupboard under the stairs opens, and a hand reaches out and pulls her in. It's her mother, she whispers to her child "don't go into the kitchen, I heard it too".

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Mother F*cking Slender Man.

That video isn't scary, it's the start of a series w/ 26 videos + responses

IVSA_Guy
  • IVSA_Guy

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Minus the Boom @ Aug 8 2010, 19:20)
Not sure whether it qualifies as an urban legend but you might like this one:

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn’t watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn’t want children watching too much garbage). So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent’s room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, “Take the children and get out of the house… we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue.”

The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel staue was ever found.

Nice story.
I skipped a breath after the angel statue outside.

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

Yeah Slender Man! biggrin.gif I just discovered it. Awesome idea and story.

"The Slender Man

It exists because you thought of it.

Now try and not think of it."

user posted image

IVSA_Guy
  • IVSA_Guy

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Quiteso @ Aug 8 2010, 19:38)
Yeah Slender Man! biggrin.gif I just discovered it. Awesome idea and story.

"The Slender Man

It exists because you thought of it.

Now try and not think of it."

user posted image

That skeleton head gives me the creeps.
Its like, "When you see it, you'll sh*t bricks"

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Quiteso @ Aug 8 2010, 17:07)
"The Killer in the Back Seat"

One night a woman went out for drinks with her girlfriends. She left the bar fairly late at night, got in her car and onto the deserted highway. She noticed a lone pair of headlights in her rear-view mirror, approaching at a pace just slightly quicker than hers. As the car pulled up behind her she glanced and saw the turn signal on — the car was going to pass — when suddenly it swerved back behind her, pulled up dangerously close to her tailgate and the brights flashed.

Now she was getting nervous. The lights dimmed for a moment and then the brights came back on and the car behind her surged forward. The frightened woman struggled to keep her eyes on the road and fought the urge to look at the car behind her. Finally, her exit approached but the car continued to follow, flashing the brights periodically.

Through every stoplight and turn, it followed her until she pulled into her driveway. She figured her only hope was to make a mad dash into the house and call the police. As she flew from the car, so did the driver of the car behind her — and he screamed, "Lock the door and call the police! Call 911!"

When the police arrived the horrible truth was finally revealed to the woman. The man in the car had been trying to save her. As he pulled up behind her and his headlights illuminated her car, he saw the silhouette of a man with a butcher knife rising up from the back seat to stab her, so he flashed his brights and the figure crouched back down.

The moral of the story: Always check the back seat!

I know someone who experienced this. He didn't have a knife or anything though, it was an eastern-European immigrant looking for a lift. Still scary tounge.gif

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

That angel story was pretty freaky!! icon14.gif

Here's a legeng/ghost story from my area.

The Dungarvon Whooper
The story revolves around a cook named Ryan, who moved to a camp along the river with all his possessions, including a money belt. His throat was slit by his boss for his money, and he was buried by the rest of the party that night. However, a loud yelling and whooping sound kept the group from falling asleep that night. Scared, they left the camp the next morning. A priest in the 1950's tried to quiet the whooper down, but it is debated whether or not he was successful. To this day people claim that they can still hear the cook whooping, some claim it's the wind, but I guess we'll never know..

I've never heard the whooping myself, but I have been in the Dungarvon area. We have a lot of spooky storys and tales where I'm from.

_-=Zombie=-_
  • _-=Zombie=-_

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:19 PM Edited by _-=Zombie=-_, 08 August 2010 - 06:22 PM.

user posted image BUT THEN WHO WAS PHONE??!

Sorry, couldn't resist. If you want some creepypastas you can always rely on /x/.
Btw, I've seen the Marblehornets vids, nice stuff, if you consider them fiction films, not real at all.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:20 PM

First of all, this is a great thread. Thanks for making it. Second of all, local legends are my absolute favourite subject and I'm lucky because my home town has loads of them.
Here's a video about a particularly nasty customer. The thing is, it could very well be true. Cats still go missing here so frequently that I have often wondered if some old guy is just offing them for fun:

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

It might just be me, but i've always thought of urban legends as an american thing. I live in Scotland and i've never heard any cool local stories that could be considered "urban legends".

The only ones i know are american ones that have been mentioned in films and tv.

eg, I know "The Killer in the Back Seat" from The Simpsons and Urban Legend (movie).

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Aug 8 2010, 18:59)
It might just be me, but i've always thought of urban legends as an american thing. I live in Scotland and i've never heard cool stories that could be considered "urban legends".

The only ones i know are american ones that have been mentioned in films and tv.

eg, I know "The Killer in the Back Seat" from The Simpsons and Urban Legend (movie).

I live in Scotland too and im sure i've heard some urban legends, possibly local ones, ill try and remember them and if i do i will post them

_-=Zombie=-_
  • _-=Zombie=-_

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

It might just be me, but i've always thought of urban legends as an american thing. I live in Scotland and i've never heard any cool local stories that could be considered "urban legends".

you guys have Nessie. thats 100 times better than a killer in a back seat.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (_-=Zombie=-_ @ Aug 8 2010, 19:03)

you guys have Nessie. thats 100 times better than a killer in a back seat.

That's true, completely forgot about Nessie.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

There's a big rumour around here in Camden. Apparently there was this guy called Minty or something stupid like that and he was into the whole class warfare stuff. He had a dog who was named after some Italian Marxist I think. Minty had trained this dog to actually sense out rich people and bark at them, I've also heard that the dog tried to attack the rich people too. Minty loved it. Thing is, it completely backfired as Minty won a load of money on a scratchcard, so then the dog attacked Minty and bit his knees off. Of course, luckily for Minty he had just won a load of money so he paid for an operation to have his knees fixed but the dog ran away and it's rumoured now that he just roams around Hampstead Heath looking for more victims.

Crazy world eh?

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Aug 8 2010, 19:01)
It might just be me, but i've always thought of urban legends as an american thing. I live in Scotland and i've never heard cool stories that could be considered "urban legends".

I live in Scotland too and im sure i've heard some urban legends, possibly local ones, ill try and remember them and if i do i will post them

now i remember one, not too well though, underneath Princess street in edinburgh I think apparently the vaults as they are called are full of the spirits from the 19th century or something, i can't remember it that well so this might not be very accurate, it's not much but its all i can remember for now

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Meh havent heard of any scary stories in awhile...

This is well known but anyone tried saying Bloody Mary infront of the mirror three times?

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Here's another one from my home town:

user posted image

I've never seen any Rat-men under that tunnel, but it's so dangerous at night that people don't exactly get much of a chance to look.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Aug 8 2010, 19:20)
Meh havent heard of any scary stories in awhile...

This is well known but anyone tried saying Bloody Mary infront of the mirror three times?

I did, then she killed me. tounge.gif
@ Typhus : That reminded me of GTA IV fake-myth smile.gif

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Post some more good ones, I love reading them! biggrin.gif

Zook
  • Zook

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

http://www.snopes.com/

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the replies tounge.gif I'm liking the stories so far. Are there any more really scary ones? I think I saw a story posted here a while ago about someone recieving MSN messages from someone who turned out to've been killed many years before, anyone know it?

Here's another good one! Not so much scary, but very, ah, disgusting.

"Survival of the Silliest"

FLAGSTAFF, AZ: A pre-med student from the University of Arizona was looking to score big with his date on a Friday night. Determined to put the girl in the mood, he drove her up to a spot on Mount Lemmon which overlooked the city of Tucson. They walked to an open knoll where they could see the city lights.

Overcome by the romantic locale, she succumbed to his pleas and they stripped down, made a bed of their clothes, and passionately began making love. The heavy storm clouds rolling overhead and the low rumble of thunder inside them excited the lovers even more. At the first few flashes of lightning, they never looked up to see the charred remains of once great trees.

Their idyllic clearing was a hotbed of electrical activity during the warm desert nights. With a blinding light, a bolt of lightning struck the high point on the knoll, which happened to be the pre-med student's ass, and sought the path of least resistance --- straight down! Incredibly, he survived, but was in excruciating pain. The heat of the lightning had fused together flesh and latex so that the lovers were now stuck together like a pair of dogs. The girl, unfortunately, did NOT survive the lightning strike!

When the student looked down into the vacant eyes of his girlfriend and realized she was dead, his immediate repulsion caused him to jerk away from her, which of course, he couldn't! A wave of pain and nausea made him vomit into the girl's face and open mouth! Heaving only caused more pain and repeated vomiting until he finally passed out.

Attracted by the smell of "food," a bear found its way to the Siamese lovers and began to lick semi-digested pizza and buffalo wings from the dead girl's face. The student came to, but when he saw the bear, there was little he could do but lay there silently in fear. To his horror, the bear became dissatisfied with just a lick and started to eat the girl, loudly crunching her facial bones only inches from his ear. The bear also tasted the student, scraping the back of his skull with its teeth, before moving on.

Around mid-morning a group of junior girl scouts, up for a fun weekend camp-out, arrived at the campsite where the pre-med student's car was parked. It was only a matter of minutes before three screaming girls discovered the student, who had regained consciousness several times in the night and had managed to drag himself and the partially-eaten girl about 20-feet.

Doctors managed to "successfully" separate the student from the corpse, but Mr. Happy looked like a small piece of cauliflower in its flaccid state. The first hint of arousal resulted in so much pain, that the student was unable-- -and unwilling- --to achieve an erection. Future surgeries may produce a reasonably functioning penis, but the student's family jewels, referred to by the doctors as the "scrotum mass," are irreparable.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

That ones pretty good lol.

So far i like the angel one the best. It's pretty creepy.

I just asked my family if they knew any good stories, they couldn't think of any either.

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (manbearpigy @ Aug 8 2010, 20:02)
http://www.snopes.com/

That sight was already bookmarked.

They have a refreshing liberal smell to their articles, but I can take the whiff. My favourite tales would have been the killer clown statue and the hook. Both classics told all the time while me and my friends went out into the woods.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Olympics

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

I've been told about the man in the back seat of that womans car since I was a kid.

There was one growing up as well where in the village over from us this woman had 3 kids and was really rich and everything but one day when they were all having a bath she drowned them for no reason, and hid their bodies in the back yard. So since growing up and going past that house whenever I had to scared the hell out of me. Come to think of it, a couple weeks ago that house was being knocked down and my grandparents were talking about it with my dad and the story was actually true. Well to the point that she did drown her kids in the bath, but because she had postnatal depression. And they were babies and not actual kids.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

not sure if it counts but Suicide Mouse always gives me the chills.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (LithiuM_FirestorM @ Aug 8 2010, 13:06)
That angel story was pretty freaky!! icon14.gif

Here's a legeng/ghost story from my area.

The Dungarvon Whooper
The story revolves around a cook named Ryan, who moved to a camp along the river with all his possessions, including a money belt. His throat was slit by his boss for his money, and he was buried by the rest of the party that night. However, a loud yelling and whooping sound kept the group from falling asleep that night. Scared, they left the camp the next morning. A priest in the 1950's tried to quiet the whooper down, but it is debated whether or not he was successful. To this day people claim that they can still hear the cook whooping, some claim it's the wind, but I guess we'll never know..

I've never heard the whooping myself, but I have been in the Dungarvon area. We have a lot of spooky storys and tales where I'm from.

I saw it on Creepy Canada once. It's a good ghost story and the truth behind it is relatively creepy.

Also Creepypasta.com has some pretty good stories.

Quiteso
  • Quiteso

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:38 AM Edited by Quiteso, 09 August 2010 - 12:41 AM.

Suicide Mouse did scare me when I first saw it, but I think it's another fake video from this /x/. Makes sense really, because the story behind it is very un-believable tounge.gif . I've heard of another one called the 'Wyoming Incident' that's supposed to be scary though.

Edit: Yeah it's quite sketchy. Fake again, though tounge.gif

chigi333
  • chigi333

The Gangaman Cometh

• Members

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

The Cursed Videotape
The idea of a cursed videotape has been in existence for a very long time at my home in New Orleans, LA. It is a different version from both movies, The Ring, and it's Japanese predecessor, Ringu...

I heard the legend of a videotape that will kill you within forty-eight hours after watching it at a bonfire when I was younger. The story behind the legend is that these college girls are having a slumber party and go to rent a video at a local dealer. The girls cannot agree on a film, so one of them asks for help. The clerk states that she has just the thing and disappears into the back room.

Meanwhile, one girl sees a box-less tape laying on the counter and reaches toward it. Just then, the clerk comes out from the back and tells her not to touch it and hands her an older film. The girl asks about the first tape, and the woman tells her that it is just a home movie. The girls agree to rent the tape that the woman suggests. While they are checking out, the girl who asked for help swipes the "home movie" tape.

Back at their house, the girl tells the others about the tape she swiped and they laugh, telling her that she is dumb for stealing some woman's home movies. Still, they ask her to play the tape. She puts the tape in and then the power goes out -- but the television stays on.

The video starts playing and shows a black woman being burned for practicing witchcraft and hoodoo. She utters a curse that all who witness her death will face the same fate in two-days time. The VCR begins to make skipping sounds and then cuts off. As promised, the girls died forty-eight hours after watching the tape. They all met their demise in unrealistic places such as the pool or ice rink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users