» «
Photo

Graphics settings, FPS things, special recognition

No replies to this topic
BBBean
  • BBBean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:32 PM Edited by Mr Zero, 08 August 2010 - 05:21 PM.

I have noticed that sometimes the game runs a bit faster than usual (with frame rate limiter enabled) and IMO it is good. But does anyone know why this happens? Is there a way to make it run always at the same rate?

I also noticed that using Fraps with Vike's 11.39 patch makes the game run at about 20FPS even if I'm not recording anything and it's a bit annoying. I have tried to enable and disable special recognition and Fraps' frame rate lock but they didn't have any effect. I've used Fraps with v. 9.6 once and for some reason it didn't make the game run slower at that time.

Btw, what is "special recognition" actually? Disabling it seems to make it faster to quit the game and getting back to the menu but what is the main function of it?

Edit: Ok, I enabled minimum framerate setting in registry as suggested in an old thread here and now the game seems to run fast again... ph34r.gif

Edit2: And now the game runs fast with fraps running and minimum FPS disabled... strange, isn't it? At least now I know how to make it run faster.

Then I noticed that for some reason this railway near SRS Research Center looks weird with min FPS enabled and special recognition disabled...

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users