Photo

The Columbos

11 replies to this topic
Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:05 AM Edited by Chimpso, 05 August 2010 - 11:42 AM.

The Columbos

By Chimpso

user posted image

Hello everyone! It's been some time since I released some new missions. You are all probarbly thinking I was just sitting on my ass for the past few weeks. WRONG!

Taking a break from the SAPD Chronicles. I have created a new mission series about one man trying to start a gang in Los Santos:

1993, one year after the events of GTA SA...

It's been one year after Grove Street took over Los Santos, and they are now in power. But off a plane from Liberty City, Jimmy Colorado has arrived to try to re-create his gang, The Columbos in Los Santos.

Originally a Liberty City gang, the Columbos lost power after the mafia took over their turf. So Jim goes to San Andreas and attempts to start his gang up again...

Download The Columbos

NOTE: Work in Progress. Only one part currently complete.

Wilburn
  • Wilburn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

Good job man icon14.gif .

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Wilburn @ Aug 5 2010, 20:40)
Good job man icon14.gif .

^_^

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

Wow, inspiration can spring from anywhere. Even from playing one of my year-old failed mission packs.

Guess what? The Columbos will continue. I originally deemed this project failed, but after playing it again I saw just how much potential it really had. I'm now working on a second part. Expect it soon!

Stuntzman
  • Stuntzman

CAN YOU DIG IT!?

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hell yeah! I loved playing this.

HOOLS ZG
  • HOOLS ZG

DYOMER

• Members

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

I'm glad you are back.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

I had never seen this before.

I played it and the missions were fun. icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Great, man. Just great biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for the comments guys smile.gif .

Part 2 is coming along nicely. I am making use of the storyline function for this part and so far it is working well.

Part 1 focused on building up the gang, while part 2 will focus more on the day-to-day gang life and activities.

If you have any suggestions, then shout them out biggrin.gif .

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

One interesting idea that I am also thinking of using, is a "gang wars" feature.

Basically create some missions that are not story related but rather "optional" and create gang wars to take over territory. Taking over certain territory offer some in game rewards or bonuses. Also making it similar to the real San Andreas game where there is 3 waves to complete before taking over the territory. I think it is obvious to use the gang color "symbol" for triggering that mission.

However this should be one of the last things you add, as you want to make enough room for your story missions.

It is just a interesting thought to add some different "Free roam" missions that do not impact the story in anyway.

It is completely up to you whether you want to add it or not. I will still love to play this when you release it.

Skander Blade
  • Skander Blade

$.K.@.N.D.3.R

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Chimpso's back biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 10:36)
One interesting idea that I am also thinking of using, is a "gang wars" feature.

Basically create some missions that are not story related but rather "optional" and create gang wars to take over territory. Taking over certain territory offer some in game rewards or bonuses. Also making it similar to the real San Andreas game where there is 3 waves to complete before taking over the territory. I think it is obvious to use the gang color "symbol" for triggering that mission.

However this should be one of the last things you add, as you want to make enough room for your story missions.

It is just a interesting thought to add some different "Free roam" missions that do not impact the story in anyway.

It is completely up to you whether you want to add it or not. I will still love to play this when you release it.

That's actually a good idea, although not for the main storyline. There's always a chance to make a gang wars game, I'll think about it.

There are some missions that are not connected to the story (they are donated by a "?" on the radar) which are much like random character missions. Eg, one of them is to stop a prostitute from being beaten up. I am planning to make plenty more though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users