In this tutorial I will explain how to put your Sketchup models in GTA Vice City with details.
YOU WILL NEED:
Autodesk 3ds Max
Kam's Max Scripts (For 3ds Max)
MEd v0.32 beta
TXD Workshop 4.5
IMG Tool 2.0
BEFORE YOU START:
1) Scale your model (Import a ped from Vice City to Sketchup and scale down your model).
2) Delete the bottom of your model (this prevent most collision bugs) See screenshot
3) Export your model to an empty folder.
4) All textures must be in .bmp format and the name shoul be 8 characters or less.
SO LET'S START:
1) Open 3ds Max and import your model. A pop-up screen will show up, use these settings:
Click OK. Another one will show up, click NO.
2) Open Material Editor (press M on your keyboard), click over color picker, and then click over your model.
3) If your model uses only one texture, then click either Ambient or Diffuse and turn in to white.
3) If your model uses more than one texture, then make them all white.
4) Rename your model and click on DFF IO.
5) A GTA DFF IO window will pop-up. Click VC, check "Skip COL" and export your .dff model. Make sure you write the exact name that you wrote in 3ds Max.
6) After you export your model, open again material editor, now go to Standard => GTA COL Surface => Assign material to Selection.
Close Material Editor.
7) Click on Collision IO, select COLL, click Collision Mesh and click over your model.
8) Collision Mesh should change to "your model name". Write your model name and export collision.
Close 3ds Max.
9) Open TXD Workshop 4.5 and Select GTA VC on bottom-right of the program
10) Go to File => New => 32bpp. Add more if you have more textures. Import your textures, double-click on them and change textures name and click compressed.
Save the .txd file.
11) Open gta3.img with IMG Tool and add your .dff and .txd files inside the archive. Rebuild.
Close IMG Tool.
11) Open Med v0.32, select IDE tab, click New File and save with any name (baftijari in this example).
12) Go to IPL tab, click on New File and save with the same name you saved the .ide file (baftijari in this example).
Close MEd v0.32.
13) Copy your .col file and paste where your .ipl and .ide files are.
14) Open gta_vc.dat and add your these lines:
Example for IDE:
Example for COL:
COLFILE 0 DATA\MAPS\baftijari.COL
Example for IPL:
Save and close.
15) Open again Med v0.32. Select your .ide, click New Item and browse for .dff and .txd file. Click OK.
16) Now go to Scene tab, check your .ipl file and render.
17) Go to IPL tab, select your .ipl file and click New.
18) Select your .ide file => your model => OK.
19) Your model will be at 0,0,0 coordinates. Move it anywhere you like and Save.
20) Test !!!
If you have any problems, report here.