Photo

Train driving in GTA V

22 replies to this topic
xgtamontariox
  • xgtamontariox

Just Call Me Montario

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

do we all think that we should all add yet another mode of transport to control. we couldnt do that with the consoles but could we consider it now?

Columbo
  • Columbo

Blaine County Resident

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

I love driving the train in San Andreas, so sure. It has to fit the setting though of course. It would also be great if you could make it go even faster without derailing than in SA.

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:59 PM

no
it was stupid and pointless to drive a train in GTA SA
maybe you could break inside of it, but not drive it

Rede
  • Rede

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Train driving is fun. It was especially fun in GTA where crashing trains into each other caused a huge explosion.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Yes, definitely. If something is there then we should be able to control it.

GTAIVmbb
  • GTAIVmbb

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Just add the feature, are you not gonna buy GTAV when you can drive a train? no just let people drive it if they want and if you dont want just dont do it

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

To be honest, i wouldn't be overly disappointed if we couldn't control them, but if we could i would image that the imagination people would have using them would be somewhat endless to a certain extent. If they are able to be controlled, i would not want it to be a Single Player exclusive feature. It should remain in MP as well as SP. IV was a disappointment to me with the Subway, the fact that they were taken out of multiplayer, just imagine the crazy sh*t that could have been done.

XTREME0235.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Yes it should be definitley be brought back - and the protag should be able to walk around inside the car/carriage as in RDR. To those who say no, simply don't ride it. Its better to have an option and choose not to than no option at all.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

And walk on the train aswell

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

I don't really know why someone would say no. The beauty of the GTA games has been the freedom they presented, San Andreas especially. Something like hijacking a train, while being a minor detail in the scope of things, helps that because it gives you one more option when you think "What should I do today?"

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

I hope they bring back the kart,vortex and maybe a tow truck that actually tows sh*t

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

I want towing back before conducting trains.

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Meh, I know I said no but I do have to admit, it would be fun but it wouldn't really make sense and it's a bit pointless IMO.

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (IllnessGTA @ Aug 3 2010, 18:05)
Meh, I know I said no but I do have to admit, it would be fun but it wouldn't really make sense and it's a bit pointless IMO.

lol changed his opinion because eveyon disagreed

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

i would like to get inside, blow it of tracks, but not driving it...

HDM018
  • HDM018

Superfluous noob.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

It would be funny if you could get trains derailed, and then when you come back later, a special salvagetrain is trying to lift up the derailed traincars. Steal the salvage train, drive it to the most populated part of the railnetwork, then release the traincar that's on the crane.

But as some might have said already, I'd like trains to get something like a free-walk-mode in the interiors.

But before making final wishes for the trains in GTA V, I'll wait with seeing what the actual setting will be. I mean, it's of little use when it'll be another one-city-setting, especially if it's a city that has no such thing in real as its own railnetwork.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

I want to fly planes first.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (IllnessGTA @ Aug 3 2010, 10:05)

How does it not make sense?

Bob_Dole
  • Bob_Dole

Right So Ye™

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

I want to fly planes first.

Agreed 1,000,000% and quadruple it! But back to the trains I agree with Speed I wanna blow them off the tracks besides no one takes the train anymore Amtrack is dead sleepy.gif .

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (CLR-GTR @ Aug 3 2010, 20:17)
It would be funny if you could get trains derailed, and then when you come back later, a special salvagetrain is trying to lift up the derailed traincars. Steal the salvage train, drive it to the most populated part of the railnetwork, then release the traincar that's on the crane.

But as some might have said already, I'd like trains to get something like a free-walk-mode in the interiors.

But before making final wishes for the trains in GTA V, I'll wait with seeing what the actual setting will be. I mean, it's of little use when it'll be another one-city-setting, especially if it's a city that has no such thing in real as its own railnetwork.

It would be fun to have the ability to carry out train heists ala Old West. Sneak on the train, shake down the occupants, and find anything of any value.

It annoyed me that I couldn't find a train schedule and didn't have to pay money for the train in San Andreas. I never knew when the train would be at the station, and it was unrealistic having a ticket counter when I could legally enter the train for free.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Aug 3 2010, 20:55)
QUOTE (CLR-GTR @ Aug 3 2010, 20:17)

It would be fun to have the ability to carry out train heists ala Old West. Sneak on the train, shake down the occupants, and find anything of any value.

It annoyed me that I couldn't find a train schedule and didn't have to pay money for the train in San Andreas. I never knew when the train would be at the station, and it was unrealistic having a ticket counter when I could legally enter the train for free.

Really? It costs money? I thought it's only free when you've done all of the Freight Train missions.
But I do love the idea of train heists. Perhaps as just one mission, but it's a great idea.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Old_BenKenobi @ Aug 3 2010, 09:59)
I don't really know why someone would say no. The beauty of the GTA games has been the freedom they presented, San Andreas especially. Something like hijacking a train, while being a minor detail in the scope of things, helps that because it gives you one more option when you think "What should I do today?"

Agreed! I didnt use the train 24/7 in SA but i enjoyed that the option is there. The more transportation options available the better. I like variety.

GritEngine
  • GritEngine

I♥R*N

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

I think you only could't drive this one because it is III HD = IV. Everything was all the same as III/LCS but HD at the end of the day, that's what it was.

I will wait for SA before I care to drive a train personally. It's the only place with the reason to do so and cool places to derail. Derailing in IV woulda been boring I think in subways stations and raised rails. It also woulda lessened the effect that "Liberty City has Evolved from III to IV" for me, because going back to "Press button to enter" put me back in III, but in the way I wished III was at the time.

I think they will give the trains to drive to the people who played IV but never played III in SA or equivalent, to let them live the same dreams-come-true wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users