[SA|WIP/REL] Black Market Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic
don_pedro
  • don_pedro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 20:49)
QUOTE (don_pedro @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 18:49)
I see your point, but I maxed the stats with a help of a cleo script just to check out for how long I have be a sucker and loose on every transaction. In reality nobody doeas a drug deal in which they can`t profit, wouldn`t it be better if some times a dealer had a larger amount of a certain drug for a lower price so the player could earn at least a few $? This mod makes me stop going to work and sit all day and play but I hope you`ll change it a bit so running all over los santos with pockets full of illegal substances will earn CJ some cash. Oh yeah I almost forgot, for some reason Ballas were spawning in Ganton and I think any other additional files in the models/txd folder craps up the drug icons, because I have a fuel/speedometer mod and instead of the drug icons I had a little speedometer, a car key and some blank squares.

And a little suggestion/idea- as the game takes place in the 90-ties I personally would add PCP to the list of drugs. The dealers/buyers dialogues mention that drug like: "Sherm, sherm, got that sherm", "How long ago did you dip these?" ,"Some freshly dipped cigarettes" etc. You could even place it for ecxample instead of ecstasy becasue as I know it`s more of a 2000`s drug.
But still...this mod is awsome and I just can`t wait for you to finish it. It will destroy my social life haha!

Yeah, making a loss from dealing drugs isn't exactly realistic, but I was trying to compensate for the lack of actual expenses in GTA for now. Though I think instead, when Episode 2 comes, I plan to implement a separate "dirty money" balance and make it a requirement in order to launder money (through some sort of submission) in order to actually get the money. Money from small-time deals will still be given straight away, though.

As for the Ballas thing, that is an intended consequence of selling drugs to the homies... It lowers the gang strength. The more drus you sell to fellow Grove members in any one area, the more the gang strength decreases in that area, ushering in another gang. You will end up having to reclaim the territory by provoking a gang war. A major plot point in GTASA was that drugs had lowered the strength of Grove OG's, so I thought this would be a nice touch to give the game more to do once you've already got to 100% in the game.

Textures are a problem throughout all CLEO scripts which use them, as they have to share texture slots. So if you have another CLEO script installed which uses textures, chances are they will replace eachother. I'm trying to work on something to avoid the shared slots altogether for the next release.

Drugs were selected based on what I thought would make for interesting gameplay effects, codability and my ability to draw the textures. I am not going to have more than 6 drugs in Black Market and most of them are pretty set in stone. The realism behind their existance in the setting is not a factor. As I've mentioned before, I almost gave the drugs aliases as I didn't want comparisons to be made to the real things. It is pretty tempting to add PCP based on the in-game references though.. but coding it is another thing. Though, it's a possibility SA's "adrenaline mode" was originally a PCP drug affect.

to tell the truth Deji I was thinking about such mod for a long time, but I only have ideas but absolutely no coding skills (besides making small changes in others mods for my own purposes) and I can give you one important reason for making profit in the drug deals - expanding the empire (doesn`t it sound "too big"? biggrin.gif ). You are absolutely right about the immersion of the drugs destroying grove st, but I was thinking of an alternative vision of the Families gang. I`ve read a few books on LA`s gang scene and drugs changed all of the gangs but didn`t destroy them. In fact they expanded them. GTA SA`s plot is very realistic: Ballas deal drugs so they expand, make contacts, buy automatic weapons etc. And in GSF some fall victim to the dope, some want ot make a profit out of it (B Dup or Big Smoke). As I read some of the crip and blood gangsters became drug addicts and some pushers. Some of their homies started buying form them for lower prices and started selling on their own and some became jelaous and even killed their dealing homies and stole their money and product. My alternative vision was that to survive GSF also had to enter the drug trade like most of LA gangs. I thought about a few big time sellers (like "Freeway" Ricky Ross) who have connections to the smugglers and producers and they sell to everybody who`s willing to buy. CJ could start form buying from street dealers and with enough reputation and enough cash in pocket he could be introduced to such big dealer and start the distribution. Now GANG WARS would make sense because the more territory you own the bigger money you get, thus emplying GSF members as street dealers or security for crack houses. The money could be payed to the "gangs register" for which there could gsf gang density would rise in their territory and they could get better weapons or even change cars.

For my own game I changed the original gangs so there are 10 gangs in LS -4 ballas sets (not all of which get along) 3 families sets, VLA and 2 vagos sets. I tinkered with the acquaintance so entering some areas equals being shot at, and I modified ZAZ`s mod which used the original DEBT external script, so I never know when some armed to the teeth ballas or vagos will drive around looking for CJ and any other enemy. So you excellent mod would make my game a lot more realistic and more fun - because there`s nothing better than to be killed by a ballas driveby while hanging on the corner and selling dope biggrin.gif

Cheers homie and thank you for you great work

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 19:56)
Completely offtopic, anybody tried Czarny Rynek yet?

This is just BMM in Polish?

don_pedro
  • don_pedro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 21:33)

yup

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 22:33)

Yeah, hence the full, 'formal' version tounge.gif

I no mod stealer yknow.

don_pedro
  • don_pedro

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

hey I`ve noticed that recruited GSF members still want to buy drugs but after that (doesn`t matter which option you choose - sell, don`t sell or ignore) they tend to go their own way and you have to recruit them again. Any idea why?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (don_pedro @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 20:37)
hey I`ve noticed that recruited GSF members still want to buy drugs but after that (doesn`t matter which option you choose - sell, don`t sell or ignore) they tend to go their own way and you have to recruit them again. Any idea why?

I force group members out of their group to reduce the frequency of the bug where they will respond to other group members shared tasks, so that's probably what's happening to your group. I'll work on fixing it next time.

NOFXguy
  • NOFXguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Can't wait until i can abuse shrooms, the weed one is amazing, im hoping for intense hallucinations, everything discoloured,twisting and bending that would be epic and if something happens like CJ gets shot at or gets wanted stars the trip goes bad and everything goes from nice and trippy O.o to dark and demonic devil.gif if you can do that you would be a hero icon14.gif

Nhoise
  • Nhoise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by Nhoise, 02 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Amazing piece of work by the looks of it, adds something to the game which fits really well.
Sad to say i can't get it to work though.

Using Cleo v4.1.1.30f +quite a few Cleo mods and a few others.
Everything is fine 'till i buy from the dealer, i confirm the deal and then i can walk around for a few seconds but then the game crashes.
edit: I noticed it stops right after the last tutorial message dissapears.
Just straight to the desktop, no "GtaSA stopped working" message, nothing.
Could there be an incompatibility between mods? I'm used to modding minecraft and there it's always easy to spot. But here it's different.
I'm new to GTA modding, so i don't really know how things work yet but the only one i can think of is this one; Robbing Mod on GTA Garage

edit: Just tried without the Robbing mod but still the same.
edit2: Using Hoodlum 1.0 and tried both of your mod's versions.
edit3: Found this crashlog in my SA folder, didn't know it created one.
CODE
GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:
GTA Info:
Version: US 1.0

Last File Loaded: cleo\BlackMarket\save\save0.bms
Last Library Loaded: d3d9.dll

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:
Exception At Address: 0x0069DB54
Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:
EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00B70198
ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00B70198
ESI: 0x00000000 EDI: 0x00000001
EBP: 0x00000009 ESP: 0x0022F9AC

Honza74235
  • Honza74235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

HI DEJI. IT IS WONDERFUL MOD. THANK YOU. YOU ARE THE MAN. PLEASE KEEP WORKING ON VERSION WITH PROFIT FROM DRUGS. THE BLACK MARKET MOD IS THE BEST. COOKIES FOR YOU! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Nhoise @ Tuesday, Apr 2 2013, 00:02)
edit3: Found this crashlog in my SA folder, didn't know it created one.

Black Market did not create that report. And while the "last file loaded" thing might indicate a link for that error, unless the game crashed right after loading a game, that error report is unrelated to Black Market. If you can post a report after Black Market definitely causes a crash though, that will be helpful. Just make sure that errordump.txt wasn't just left over from a previous crash and to not mistake it for being created for the Black Market crash. The 0x69DB54 crash indicates something to the effect of "gta_strlen(0)" running, which shouldn't occur in BMM.

Nhoise
  • Nhoise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Alright i just did a complete reinstall of GTA and all the mods.
First try without BMM, everything is fine, second try with BMM i get this crash log right after i buy the drugs and the last tutorial message dissapears.

CODE
Version: US 1.0
Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\AMBIENCE
Last Library Loaded:
Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:
Exception At Address: 0x0069DB54
Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:
EAX: 0x00000000 EBX: 0x00B70198
ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x00B70198
ESI: 0x00000000 EDI: 0x00000001
EBP: 0x00000009 ESP: 0x0022F9AC

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:08 AM Edited by Deji, 03 April 2013 - 03:13 AM.

Strange, there's only one possible explanation and the fix for it is already in the script, so I'm not sure what's going on without seeing more of where that crash stemmed from. It's possibly something to do with stat update messages. I'll look into it more in the next update when I can do more to the script.

Honza74235
  • Honza74235

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

When will be next release? inlove.gif

Nhoise
  • Nhoise

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 03:08)
Strange, there's only one possible explanation and the fix for it is already in the script, so I'm not sure what's going on without seeing more of where that crash stemmed from. It's possibly something to do with stat update messages. I'll look into it more in the next update when I can do more to the script.

Well if, i'm the only one having this problem it's probably a incompatibility between mods.
If you want i can try with a clean install again and only add your mod, and then after that's working adding the other mods one by one to see which one makes it crash.

NOFXguy
  • NOFXguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

hows the progress on the next release deji?

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

hey this is a weird question but what drugs do the effects work on because ive tried them and they dont do anything?

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

and how do you get your drug infintory up outside?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

@Mikestube

Well, as you have read the ReadMe (right?), you need to have original motion blur still enabled. I've noticed that usually smoking a blunt taking only long tokes will get CJ stoned, and smoking second one completely will overdose him. And to get the menu up, just press Action + Conversation Yes (Tab+Y).

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

thank you it works now smile.gif does anyone know when the next updates out??

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

i have a problem sometimes when i load the game a gain all my drugs are gone??

NOFXguy
  • NOFXguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

@mikestube because you can only stash & keep drugs in ganton safehouse, but for some reason they sometimes randomly disappear and i have to start everything over again i dont know why it does that

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

@nofxguy thank you.

@ dejii think storing drugs in other places should be a feature

smile.gif

26 Dollars
  • 26 Dollars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by 26 Dollars, 16 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Top quality mod. Love it and can't wait for episode 2. Although, I am having a problem where I keep losing my progress and my drugs occasionally when I start to play after saving it. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Stopped being lazy and looked over the ReadMe. Answered the my questions.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (26 Dollars @ Monday, Apr 15 2013, 20:01)
Top quality mod. Love it and can't wait for episode 2. Although, I am having a problem where I keep losing my progress and my drugs occasionally when I start to play after saving it. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Stopped being lazy and looked over the ReadMe. Answered the my questions.

Which was? Were you changing original save files or something?

About the save problems, I'll definitely need to get them sorted when I can.

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

hey Deji any idea what drugs will be usable and other features in the next update

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

is thiss mod dead!? sad.gif

gantonsta
  • gantonsta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

I hope not... sarcasm.gif waiting...

mimyk_221
  • mimyk_221

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

deji i installed the mod but it wont work i try pressing the secondary fire key and it doesnt pop up what am i doing wrong can you send me a detailed note on how to install this, this si the only cleo script i have trouble with sad.gif

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

you press Tab and Y if your outside and hold tab if your inside

Mikestube
  • Mikestube

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

do the drugs ever go down in price to buy because im only losing profit sad.gif