Black Market Mod

268 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

My bad! I fix the status bar, my fault, but the scene crash still happening, I try a clean GTA SA, no mods but yours.

Reputation takes how long too increase? I sell a lot and it doesn't move a inch.

BTW, thanks for reply me man.

You're basically playing a small part of a huge expansion pack of SA. Not only would it be hard to finish the entire thing in one release, it also would probably be more boring (you're all excited about future releases already :p) - also, it has helped me identify how to proceed with the next episode. Trying to figure out how to create a economic system which is fun, challenging AND rewarding is tricky, but I'm getting more and more ideas.

For example, people mentioned not being able to find enough dealers, and also there's this complaint of not being able to make money (which was partially an intentional counter-measure for SA being too easy to make money in - you'd have to lose money to gain the experience to gain money - but wasn't meant to go without an update this long). So, I've planned a more dynamic market system, where the amount of drug dealers available directly affects the price you can sell drugs for. The harder it is to find drugs, the easier it is to profit. Oddly making the whole process both easier and harder at the same time. The areas of the map which have the least population of dealers (because you killed them all for a measly $1000 and 15 rounds - not even a full clip - of pistol ammo) in it or any surrounding areas, will be the most rewarding to sell drugs in. Oh, but now, where do you buy drugs?! Vicious cycles can certainly make great game scenarios :p

Alas, every quest for a better game requires a better engine. I could continue Black Market as it is, but I'm not sure for how long - it's already completely crammed into a CLEO script and it's only 5% done. Since I have other projects which can help take modding to new levels, it'll be best to watch out for those before waiting for the next release of this.

2002juing
  • 2002juing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by 2002juing, 14 February 2014 - 04:05 PM.

So you're the one working on cleo? Good to know.

I agree with you, it's important to take modding to new levels, we see things today that I wouldn't imagine in 2006.

About people mentioned not being able to find enough dealers, well, that's because they show up more often when you're complete the mission "Doberman", the one that starts gang wars.

Your mod along with HRT1.4 and SA Render, the better ones to be release in 2014.

You should call it: Black Market Mod(BETA) to avoid stupid questions about bugs like mine.

Oh! Are you gonna call it Cleo 5 when you're done it?

don_pedro
  • don_pedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

My bad! I fix the status bar, my fault, but the scene crash still happening, I try a clean GTA SA, no mods but yours.

Reputation takes how long too increase? I sell a lot and it doesn't move a inch.

BTW, thanks for reply me man.

You're basically playing a small part of a huge expansion pack of SA. Not only would it be hard to finish the entire thing in one release, it also would probably be more boring (you're all excited about future releases already :p) - also, it has helped me identify how to proceed with the next episode. Trying to figure out how to create a economic system which is fun, challenging AND rewarding is tricky, but I'm getting more and more ideas.

For example, people mentioned not being able to find enough dealers, and also there's this complaint of not being able to make money (which was partially an intentional counter-measure for SA being too easy to make money in - you'd have to lose money to gain the experience to gain money - but wasn't meant to go without an update this long). So, I've planned a more dynamic market system, where the amount of drug dealers available directly affects the price you can sell drugs for. The harder it is to find drugs, the easier it is to profit. Oddly making the whole process both easier and harder at the same time. The areas of the map which have the least population of dealers (because you killed them all for a measly $1000 and 15 rounds - not even a full clip - of pistol ammo) in it or any surrounding areas, will be the most rewarding to sell drugs in. Oh, but now, where do you buy drugs?! Vicious cycles can certainly make great game scenarios :p

Alas, every quest for a better game requires a better engine. I could continue Black Market as it is, but I'm not sure for how long - it's already completely crammed into a CLEO script and it's only 5% done. Since I have other projects which can help take modding to new levels, it'll be best to watch out for those before waiting for the next release of this.

I admire your ambitions and I`m sure they will change into great mod but I have an impression that at this point many (if not the most) people who play the mod would appreciate if you released V.2 even if it only meant changes like removing the block on reputation so that the player can earn money

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by Deji, 14 February 2014 - 08:56 PM.

at this point many (if not the most) people who play the mod would appreciate if you released V.2 even if it only meant changes like removing the block on reputation so that the player can earn money

It's like you missed my entire point. Make money for what?! If you're really strapped for cash, there's this cool cheat code you can enter which gives you a heap loads. It's not worth undermining the mods high goals, just to make a global variable increment continuously. It'd be like "oh yay, I can earn a profit now..." *life continues as before*. Even if I did it, it would only ruin the mod much worse because when Episode 2 comes, you've already completed it. When Episode 3 comes, you've already completed that one, too. The reputation and cash will not increase any more than a certain level, until the relevant content to react to those increases has actually been made.

Metaphor-time:
It's like giving two babies guns with no ammo, but you're asking me to give baby 2 some ammo so something will actually start happening. But is this whole sick stand-off really worth it if there's no challenge?

Why babies you ask? I don't know, it just seemed natural.
  • aStiffSausage likes this

Lone Rider
  • Lone Rider

Researcher And Coordinator

• Members
  • Lebanon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:37 PM Edited by lightning123, 14 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

I thought this mod's main purpose was just to bring back what has been locked away in the game files . It appears to be much more then that witch would ruin the game's balance...

don_pedro
  • don_pedro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

at this point many (if not the most) people who play the mod would appreciate if you released V.2 even if it only meant changes like removing the block on reputation so that the player can earn money

It's like you missed my entire point. Make money for what?! If you're really strapped for cash, there's this cool cheat code you can enter which gives you a heap loads. It's not worth undermining the mods high goals, just to make a global variable increment continuously. It'd be like "oh yay, I can earn a profit now..." *life continues as before*. Even if I did it, it would only ruin the mod much worse because when Episode 2 comes, you've already completed it. When Episode 3 comes, you've already completed that one, too. The reputation and cash will not increase any more than a certain level, until the relevant content to react to those increases has actually been made.

Metaphor-time:
It's like giving two babies guns with no ammo, but you're asking me to give baby 2 some ammo so something will actually start happening. But is this whole sick stand-off really worth it if there's no challenge?

Why babies you ask? I don't know, it just seemed natural.

well I treat this mod as a nice "would be" addition to the main story, its missions and maybe even other mods. And about that money - the ability to benefit from selling drugs would make that mod sort of coplete. And if you`re planning to create 'a more dynamic market system' then it is bound to be about making money

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I thought this mod's main purpose was just to bring back what has been locked away in the game files . It appears to be much more then that witch would ruin the game's balance...

No, there is not enough of any such content in SA to allow that - just some audio references and our wild imaginations. And what balance are you talking about? Since when did games have any balance at all? This is a mod who's purpose is to bring something completely unique to the SA world, but fitting in with the general gameplay style. Quite unlike my 'Vigilante Justice' mod, which attempts to change the gameplay style to something more fitting. You'd think of this mod as more like a DLC. Or perhaps the game will indeed fall sideways because of the mod, but I would really like to see that happen :p

well I treat this mod as a nice "would be" addition to the main story, its missions and maybe even other mods. And about that money - the ability to benefit from selling drugs would make that mod sort of coplete. And if you`re planning to create 'a more dynamic market system' then it is bound to be about making money

Yes, it will be, but it will still be far from complete. It will take way more than incrementing a variable.

I'm sorry if you had certain ideas about what this mod was, but you need to do some history. The Black Market Mod started in 2009 and it has always had much better ideas in mind than yours :p
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:25 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 18 February 2014 - 12:41 AM.

Deji, for this mod I suggest you plat the ps2/xbox remake of NARC

To give you an idea on how the drug highs should function ;)

Anyway I respect what your doing here, but I feel as though this could use a little bit more of a dynamic, like gangs actually delivering drug supplys to a certain location in a city, and you have tge option of either taking it out to cause a shortage and driving up the prices, letting the shipment go which will cause the prices to be low due to the supply, or trying to capture the shipment for yourself which will cause gang notoriety and heavy opposition... there could also be other gangs trying to destroy or captur the supply aswell, and each gang could have their own dealer and specific supply which could be manipulated in the way I said

The main drug gangs could be split...

Vagos could have a stash house in either los flores or east los...

Ballas stash house could be the crack den from that one mission with ryder...

If you decide to include the marabunta grande they could have a stash house in verona beach and control that area instead of the ballas...

San fierro rifa stash spot could be the warehouse used by the loco syndicate...

Da nang boys could use the tanker as a stash spot and have either air or boat deliveries..

And you could also do drug running missions for a specific gang depending on your choice and could build a relationship with them based on that....

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:32 AM Edited by Deji, 18 February 2014 - 02:33 AM.

Al

Deji, for this mod I suggest you plat the ps2/xbox remake of NARC

To give you an idea on how the drug highs should function ;)

Already played NARC bud :p

And I've no shortage of ideas to make it more dynamic. You can trust Deji's creative wisdom on this one!
  • Silent likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Don't worry deji, I trust you :p I remember back in the days od project justice when everyone used to bug u about stuff that should be added ;)

Nasetto
  • Nasetto

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Deji when Episode 2 will be realised? :) The mod is rly nice, but i wanna try more drugs not only weed.

• Lone Rider and Gta_sam123 like this

deeacon
  • deeacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

I am so glad you're still working on this mod, but i have 2 problems ,first every time i wanna try weed my game freezes , second the progress don't save , hope someone can help me 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

I am so glad you're still working on this mod, but i have 2 problems ,first every time i wanna try weed my game freezes , second the progress don't save , hope someone can help me

A) Have you correctly installed the BlackMarket.ifp file? It should be in the CLEO\BlackMarket folder.
B) Do you have any other mods installed? Specifically ones which interfere with motion blur?

deeacon
  • deeacon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:57 PM Edited by deeacon, 25 February 2014 - 04:10 PM.

A) Have you correctly installed the BlackMarket.ifp file? It should be in the CLEO\BlackMarket folder.
B) Do you have any other mods installed? Specifically ones which interfere with motion blur?

Yes i've got other mods installed, but it happens with a clean version to.

Edit: Fixed it , the file was missing

Mr.try1
  • Mr.try1

O.G

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by Mr.try1, 03 March 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Im currentley having the same issue, everything works just fine but when i go and try some weed, the game just crashes...

What was the file you were missing Deeacon? Can you please tell me?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Im currentley having the same issue, everything works just fine but when i go and try some weed, the game just crashes...
What was the file you were missing Deeacon? Can you please tell me?

That blackmarket.ifp file I mentioned in the post he quoted.

Mr.try1
  • Mr.try1

O.G

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by Mr.try1, 04 March 2014 - 01:54 PM.

Oh ok i checked and i have that one in the right place. Tho keeps crashing dunno why... I changed my exe to the us version, installed as was said some posts before... i dunno what to do... can it be that maybe my blackmarket.ifp is somehow corrupted or old??

Well anyway my goal is not to sell dope i just wanna enjoy a lil spliff from time to time that´s all... I made a lil mod in which prssing a button Cj smoke some sticky green and get very high,

i hope im  not asking too much from u Deji but i would like to combine that lil mod of mine with a part of yours, exactly the part in which u go near the dealer, say yes, the voices are played, the grass icon appers with the quantity , u buy it, than comes the animation and than the final voices of bye bye...I would like to,  after all the buying process stick there my part of code so that CJ ll be able to buy weed and smoke it... Would u be so kind to post that part of code that does this?

And im not going to release any mod or nuttin like that i ll use just for my personal fun

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Would u be so kind to post that part of code that does this?

Uhh... https://pastebin.com/giRTHfrQ

I'm not sure "kind" is the right word, but if you look real hard I'm sure you can spot the obvious parts :p

Mr.try1
  • Mr.try1

O.G

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by Mr.try1, 08 March 2014 - 01:58 PM.

aLLRIGHT I HAVE GIVE A GOOD LOOK AT IT AND ALL THE ANIMATIONS CONTAINED IN UR IFP ARE PERFECTLEY FINE... Still i dont get it than how come thatn my game crashes... Mystery...

I have putted all the damn files in the right places trust me in no duche or what ever u write that... If u agree i would like to change few lines of ur script to make it read animations from standard ifp.. if its ok for u i mean...Let me know

Nasetto
  • Nasetto

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Deji why you ignored my post ;(

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

My guess is he didn't answer because he has no estimates about the release.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Deji why you ignored my post ;(

I already answered such a question. In fact, I've answered it on just about every page since the last release.

Gta_sam123
  • Gta_sam123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hey man i love youre project. 37 of my friends already downloaded youre mod and we love it!!!

But i hoped that it wouldn't take that mutch till the next episode is out. Maybe its possible to convert the trip from an LSD mushroom from Farcry 3 into youre mod this would be great for the LSD.

Samurai Cynic
  • Samurai Cynic

Zen Master

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

I am having a serious issue with saves.

I have tried troubleshooting with reading through all of the posts I see The Black Market Mod talked about,

I have all of the files in the appropriate place.

Sometimes the saves work, and the files are there, but it seems after a certain point (maybe a few saves) the file no longer loads and it restarts the tutorial on drug buying.

What else could be affecting this?

tukang kerupuk
  • tukang kerupuk

I was blessed and i've forgotten how to love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

I can't open my inventory while in foot , i'm tried to press all button on my keyboard but it's not work , Please help!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I can't open my inventory while in foot , i'm tried to press all button on my keyboard but it's not work , Please help!

Hold down the button that you use to view the "Stats" menu, which displays your basic stats e.g. muscle and stamina.

Then press the button used to reply positively to conversations. This is 'Y' by default.

When doing this the first time, a tutorial will guide you through the rest. A message usually also appears telling you exactly which buttons to press the very first time you buy drugs.

tukang kerupuk
  • tukang kerupuk

I was blessed and i've forgotten how to love

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hold down the button that you use to view the "Stats" menu, which displays your basic stats e.g. muscle and stamina.

Then press the button used to reply positively to conversations. This is 'Y' by default.

When doing this the first time, a tutorial will guide you through the rest. A message usually also appears telling you exactly which buttons to press the very first time you buy drugs.

Oh Thanks is Work :lol: :cookie: :cookie:

xtam4
  • xtam4

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by xtam4, 07 April 2014 - 03:03 PM.

I'm sorry for the bump but i've been trying to figure this out a week now and i just got fed up from Crashing. When i use drugs like "Coke", "Heroin" or anything except steroids it just crashes. The screen goes black and puff a crash. I'm computer geek i've tried almost everything from changing exe's reinstalling game and even installing another torrent of GTA SA, i really fell in love with this mod when i first played it long time ago on my friends. If you help me, i owe my life to you :)

Edit: Checked out the thread, you've already answered it. Anyway thanks for creating such awesome mod. Peace.

undergroundvicious
  • undergroundvicious

F#ck me? F#ck you! In fact, everyone has!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by undergroundvicious, 10 June 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Really nice mod, I didn't know about it. It remembers me GTA Chinatown Wars drug system - which I love. 

I tested with TTDISA and it worked very well - but I had to start a new game. Loading save games causes crashes during missions. Until now, mod seems to be fully functional.

Congrats to Deji for bringing such detailed mod to SA. I always missed a feature exploring drug trades. CW was the only one to explore it.

Hope to see some new features on future.

EDIT: There's just little glitches on the HUD (the fist icon is a white block), and some drugs don't show their icons properly. I know this mod wasn't developed for TTDISA - I'm just informing the others.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users