Photo

CTW for iPhone 4

6 replies to this topic
Den0702
  • Den0702

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Is it just me, or does anyone else think R* has forgotten about iPhone 4 users. I know that we can still play the older version, but comparing to games like N.O.V.A. - CTW looks rubbish on the new high res screen. I got my iPhone 4 yesterday and was planning to by CTW as my first game. Then i played the lite version and realised that its graphics look crap on this HD screen. So instead I bought N.O.V.A. and was really impressed with how good it looks comparing to CTW (or any other old game).

At the moment the only thing thats stopping me from buying CTW is that its graphics look rubbish on the iPhone 4. I also couldnt find any news about R* working on the optimization of CTW for the new iPhone, which makes we think that theyre not even planning to release an iPhone 4 version of CTW.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

They are planning an iPad version. My guess is that it could be a iPad/iPhone4 hybrid.

And maybe give them some time... The iPhone4 just came out and its not as simple as just flipping a switch for higher res graphics.

Den0702
  • Den0702

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Jul 28 2010, 13:40)
They are planning an iPad version. My guess is that it could be a iPad/iPhone4 hybrid.

And maybe give them some time... The iPhone4 just came out and its not as simple as just flipping a switch for higher res graphics.

Yea, I'm not saying that it's easy. And I understand that they need some time, but they could at least let us know that they're working on it. But yea, i guess you're right, if they're working on an iPad version, there's a good chance that an iPhone 4 version is coming out as well.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

Take Two had let slip that the iPad version was coming out within a month from when they spoke, but that time has passed so either it's a usual delay or they have intentionally held back to incorporate iPhone 4 support specifically. Apple does not share pre-release info or hardware with but a few outside developers and so Rockstar probably couldn't get an iPhone 4 till they went on sale for everybody.

Den0702
  • Den0702

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Jul 29 2010, 03:41)
Take Two had let slip that the iPad version was coming out within a month from when they spoke, but that time has passed so either it's a usual delay or they have intentionally held back to incorporate iPhone 4 support specifically. Apple does not share pre-release info or hardware with but a few outside developers and so Rockstar probably couldn't get an iPhone 4 till they went on sale for everybody.

Thanks guys. Guess I'll get CTW after all, just need to be a bit more patient and wait for the iPhone 4 version. smile.gif

gtaonpsp
  • gtaonpsp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

CTW for iphone is awful compared to the psp or ds version

LuzCapas
  • LuzCapas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:56 AM Edited by Mainland Marauder, 21 February 2012 - 03:21 AM.

This would seem to mean that, although Rockstar is not required to ever update their existing CW app for iPhone/iPod touch, if they ever do update it for any reason, including bug fixes for compatibility with new versions of iOS, they would have to upgrade its graphics. When Rockstar released CW HD it was a separate app for the iPad and the version for (LINKS DELETED) iPhone/iPod touch was never updated specifically for the iPhone 4/4S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users