Quantcast

» «
Photo

Replacing animations without 3D Max and scripts.

7 replies to this topic
Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

So, you can preview animations and replace them, using Ryosuke's animation manager, get it from Here
Theres a new version but i believe it doesn't support replacing or adding animations to IFP files, So stick to this version for now.
The software can open IMG and IFP files, And you can load DFF and TXD files (only tried peds and weapons) for animations preview.

Lets see what we can do:
1- Open the GTAAnimManager.ini and check the directory, by default the game is in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\
But if you keep the game somewhere else you might wanna change that.
And you can add \anim\in the end, since it's the animations directory, and you are going to be there more often.

2- Now we open the software and this is what we gonna see:
user posted image

3- Lets load a ped, (So extract any pedestrian before that, and put the DFF and TXD in the same folder somewhere) and open the DFF:
user posted image
user posted image

4- Now open a IFP file, for example PED.IFP, and scroll the animations, and press the play button to start playing the animations, you can rotate the camera with the right mouse click.
user posted image
user posted image

Replacing:
So now we are going to replace some animations, Always remember to do backup's cause the Software might crash sometimes.

Example:
I'm going to extract Flowers.ifp and Knife.ifp from gta3.img, (since i replaced my flowers model with a knife, i want to make things look less idiotic tounge.gif .)
Put the IFP files inside the anims folder for easy access.

1- Open flowers.ifp:
user posted image

2- Right click on the knife.ifp and choose (Open with Options)
user posted image

3- You gonna see this:
user posted image

4- Now you have two ways to do this:
4A- You can mark on desired animation and append it to Flowers.ifp and that will add the animation, and you can rename the new one and delete the old one and press IFP from the menu and save:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

4B- IF the two IFP files is the same and have the same file content, you can mark on the desired animation and choose Replace, and that will replace the chosen animation, and after that you save.

And thats it !
Now put the animations in your GTA3.img again, Or if it's ped.ifp changes, then keep it in the anim folder of course tounge.gif

Things you need to know:
The preview causes a lot of crashes when you replace or append , so you better Preview first to check how the animations look like, and then later when you know the names, replace or append without Preview.
As you can see the last pictures was without the ped preview, Thats because i crashed. smile.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

Nice work, Ill start using it.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

what a surprise, thanks for lesson cookie.gif

shaik.irfan
  • shaik.irfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

thanx a lot i was just searching for this thing thanks a lot

xDeemon
  • xDeemon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hi! I extracted my custom pedestrian dff and txd to same folder but when I load dff the txd doesn't load together. Can you help me? I know the topic is old but I need an answer.

denis1379
  • denis1379

'No more stupid noun stories'

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ihas it work with III/VC too?

inadequate
  • inadequate

Midnight

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Work with III and Vice City?

Nahin Bin Kaysar
  • Nahin Bin Kaysar

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 4 days ago

But this software can't save the 3/vc's file.When you do that the file will saved as sa ifp file

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users