1,291 replies to this topic
Wakka387
  • Wakka387

Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys!

When this project began in 2005 by XRK, the main driving force and hype surrounding it was that it was GTA3 on the "newest and most advanced GTA engine". Saying that today is obviously laughable. Y'know.. I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor's character model has more polygons than Portland! Other than the GTA:LC Vice City mod, total map conversions were a rare and exciting thing, and expectations were honestly quite low on the devs by todays standards.

This mod is definately something I am proud to have been a part of, and something I'd love to continue working on. The sheer and hard truth of it is (like many large mods) I don't have the time, motivation or commitmenet to work on things like this anymore. I started my contributions to this mod when I was a wee 10 year old. I'm 22 now and am on the launch pads of my career and many other life commitments. I learned a lot of valuable skills from this project of love, but I've already learned all I can at this point. Does that make me a selfish prick? Perhaps :p.

To summarise, this has been in the back of my mind for years now and I thought it would be nice to give some closure. I'd just like to let people know that if anyone would like to pick this up where it was left off, feel free! I'll be honest, very minimal work has been done since the last beta, and would probable take as much effort to dig for than just do again.

I would love to see an experienced coder come in and fill in the last pieces of the puzzle, because that was all that there really was to do! I guess we'll have to wait and see at this point.

For those who supported and contributed to SA:LC up to this point, I can't thank you enough.

sadly, it still needs some work in terms of mapping. some scripts such as the clothing changes and haircut stuff are bugged (can take them even when broke)

Matt1010
  • Matt1010

You got the point. I hope.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:58 PM Edited by Matt1010, 30 June 2017 - 12:15 PM.

I also found a fix for this mod for Windows 10 users!

Delete d3d9.dll OR rename it from d3d9 to _d3d9, making it unused.
It works for me, so, it should work for you too.

UPDATE: Sadly, I think this removes the missions that are in the mod + Paramedic side-mission crashes the game.

• polivin emil likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users