Problem With Unique Stunt Jumps 35 out of 36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

Well, i'm going for 100% in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on the PS2. But for some reason either its just me or I'm missing a jump. Does the one jump after the jump near the Pay N' Spray count? Like if you do one jump and go to another does it count both or one at a time? Because I've went through EVERY last jump. Did it 5 times and yet no Unique Stunt Jump Complete confirmation comes up. I don't know what to do. I admit I've used cheats, but no permanent or car spawning cheats to affect my criminal rating. But does cheats affect them? Or is it just me not getting enough speed on my PCJ 600? I mean on the jumps, I get to the part where it does all of the slow motion. I just want to know if its the cheats or if its me? And what cheats affect the Completion Percentage? I might be asking to much...but i really want to know if i have to start ALL over again... -___-

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

It is possible to do one jump immediately after another but always pay attention if you get it done or not.
You should download Unique Call from here: http://www.freewebs....uecall_main.scm and see which one you have left.
Back up your original main.scm in the data folder of your game and use this one, load up your save game and it will direct you to the first remaining unique jump. You can try and see how to make the jump and then put back your original main.scm, load your game again and do the jump.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

The two successive jumps near the Pay 'n Spray count separately. Each of them should give you a "Unique Stunt Jump" message if done correctly. While attempting the first one, you should land on the rooftop of the building where the ramp to the second jump is located. To successfully perform the second jump, you should land on the other side of the street ahead.

Cheats do not prevent you from getting 100%. Unless is something like the Riot Mode cheat is used, which makes gameplay painfully difficult.

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Well, now I'm going through all of the jumps again. But the second jump near the Pay N' Spray Shop isn't as easy as it seems. I keep crashing. So that means I'm not getting it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Dead.On.Arrival @ Jul 24 2010, 12:51)
Well, now I'm going through all of the jumps again. But the second jump near the Pay N' Spray Shop isn't as easy as it seems. I keep crashing. So that means I'm not getting it.

Have you tried Dem's Code Tool that Claude Speed posted for you? It shows which ones you have left, so you can easily tell which ones have been done and which ones have not been done. Just a heads up. icon14.gif

I reckon that 9 times out of 10 that you think you've done a jump, but for whatever reason(it didn't register, you reloaded a save from before you passed it, etc)-I have done that too, and it is frustrating when you think you've got this one or that one and come to find out you didn't. That is why this code tool is so good, because it shows which ones still need to be done instead of you having to manually go back through all of them again just to find that one you missed.-Cause be my luck it will be the last one I try-lol

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

Isn't that for the PC? o.o

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Dead.On.Arrival @ Jul 24 2010, 19:56)
Isn't that for the PC? o.o

Whoops! I re-read your post and yes it is for the PC. But if you don't know which jump you haven't done you're pretty much screwed on the PS2, and you will have to check every one of them. And believe me it's next to impossible to find out which one you have left, because some of them are hard to achieve and if you don't get a message after trying one you will think that you've done it before when you haven't really.

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

I'm just gonna start all over. And do all the things before i do the first mission. and that even includes packages and races.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Dead.On.Arrival @ Jul 24 2010, 17:44)
I'm just gonna start all over. And do all the things before i do the first mission. and that even includes packages and races.

You cannot do the races before Sunshine autos opens and the Heli checkpoints don't become available until later in the storyline. Asset properties are not available til the mission "Shakedown"...So, basically, there's a lot of stuff you have to unlock via the storyline-unlike LCS, III, SA, etc. Just a heads up.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Good luck! As radioman said, a lot of the extras in the game are unlocked as you move through the storyline. You could wait until you complete the storyline and then go for the jumps, hidden packages and others. Don't attempt to complete them early. Get them one by one in an orderly fashion towards the end of the game, this makes sure that you don't miss any.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

Unlike in GTA III, this time around it's more challenging to do everything you can before the first mission. I suggest if you get all the hidden packages, go get the Hunter inside the Fort Baxter Airbase (but be careful how you get in and out of there) and pass the Vigilante mission with it, it's easier if you can handle the Hunter alright.

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Well, i'm already around 80% in two days. So, i'm sure i'm getting 100%.

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Dead.On.Arrival @ Jul 27 2010, 17:45)
Well, i'm already around 80% in two days. So, i'm sure i'm getting 100%.

Wow, that's f*cking hardcore! How many hours\day did you play?

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

2 days. just got 100 today! :DDDD

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

And i played like 8 hours. yet i beat it faster than i thought.
oh and idk, but i found a secret.
I got 4 stars before i did the driver and yet the guy who was driving i cant remember his name, his tires popped when the cops threw out spike strips. he crashed straight on to a tree and it made it easier to beat. idk if its a glitch but i never saw anyone post about this. unless someone did.

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:09 AM

I think I'm gonna go on a killing spree on foot. I'm pretty good with the city and memorized the hidden packages when is started over. I'm gonna get Godfather rank but I'm looking for my bodyguards just in case.

Dead.On.Arrival
  • Dead.On.Arrival

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

I like Spuds killing spree thing, but i've killed myself in a hunter. lmao.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:33 PM

Sorry this is late to the discussion... I've been very busy.... that 2nd jump you should turn a bit to the left as you hit the ramp that one seemed to be difficult to register...

Most likely you missed another jump and not that one.... I had the same issue my first time through and had 2 jumps missing... couldn't figure out which ones....

What I did was start a new game and started hitting jumps til I found ones hard to register... then kept doing them til I knew I could get them.... then went back to my original game save to get them...

Luckily all the hard to register jumps seem to be on the first island....

I was missing the jump over the water just south of the Malibu

The 2nd stairway jump heading south down the alley

Other hard ones..

the one heading from the beach off the stairs toward the police station.

The one off the parking garage in the south mall (doesn't look like a jump at all)

And that 2nd jump over the pay n spray you mentioned while not real hard is kind of tricky to get right and easy to miss...

I know this is late to the discussion... if you do have the save you might want to go back through and find it... just for the heck of it...

Congrats on 100%....

MegaVice
  • MegaVice

Vice City's Top Dealer

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

It is possible to do one jump immediately after another but always pay attention if you get it done or not.
You should download Unique Call from here: http://www.freewebs....uecall_main.scm and see which one you have left.
Back up your original main.scm in the data folder of your game and use this one, load up your save game and it will direct you to the first remaining unique jump. You can try and see how to make the jump and then put back your original main.scm, load your game again and do the jump.

Hello. I am a man from the future. I'd like to let you know you just saved my ass from rage quitting from this glitchy mess, but otherwise masterpiece of a game.

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

I am from even further from the future. This topic doesn't have much of one left.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users